\

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bonera on Castillejo: "He is a technical player that loves to play on the right and the cut inside with his left foot. Alternative to Calhanoglu? I sincerely believe he prefers to play on the right, but Gattuso can use him where he sees him fit. He is an excellent player."

so we bought rw ,this doent make sence ,then sell suso and buy lcm please.

Well, we needed a RW, didn't we?
Castillejo would seem like a great addition with at least one more transfer: a winger (who would send Hakan to LCM position for good) or a LCM. In both cases Castillejo comes as a bench player and in the worst case - we will sell him in a year or two for something around his todays price. In the best case we'll have an useful bench player who would bring more pace and stamina in the end of the game - a luxury we didn't have in years.
Without any other transfer Castillejo may be an instant starter and in this case I'm not happy with him since he isn't that good.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All in for a new stadium. I love San Siro and being there multiple times is something I will always remember but it is quite outdated. Renovating it would mean at least 100 m on top of the buying sum and we will still need to share it with merda.
Give me a new 60k stadium owned by Milan and I will be a happy man.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

armanas

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' Nesta Cafu Shevchenko
just an interesting thought...no.7 jersey is still free to take ;)

#7 is retired

nw6e0y46.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
No.7 is forever unclean after kalinic.

Thank everybody No3 is retired... seeing rr in that shirt, it wud have killed me or like Sesheva I wud have killed sumbody

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
San Siro is a massive block of cement.

Buying the stadium and renovating it could be an option, like Barca is doing with the Camp Nou, but it's really important that we have a modern stadium.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SMS - Skybet

AC Milan

5/1

Real Madrid

6/1

Juventus

8/1

Bayern Munich

25/1

To Stay at Lazio (Does not include returning on loan following a permanent deal elsewhere)

1/3

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It seems obvious that Elliot would want to build a stadium, and they don't mince words.

Few things have a bigger impact on potential value than a modern stadium facility with plenty of commercial possibilities.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It seems obvious that Elliot would want to build a stadium, and they don't mince words.

Few things have a bigger impact on potential value than a modern stadium facility with plenty of commercial possibilities.

Lol! elliott arent gonna build us a stadium. Let the Arabs build one for us... they'll build a sick one!

Last edited:

Teigen_K

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Rino Pippo Sheva
DiAUNuOXkAA-4Pm.jpg

Nice taste when it comes to cars. I'm on board.:D

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CorSport - Leo&Paolo, 11 operazioni in meno di un mese

Leo & Maldini 11 transfers in less than a month.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Increasing the value to sell for more later on.

Owning a stadium would increase our value tremendously though. A stadium is a huge generator of matchday revenue.

anyone know the numbers?

what's would be the difference between owning and renting like we do today?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta - Castillejo-Milan ai dettagli: Leonardo in Spagna per perfezionare l'affare ed acquistare un grande "dribblatore"

Castillejo almost done.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
CorSport - Leo&Paolo, 11 operazioni in meno di un mese

Leo & Maldini 11 transfers in less than a month.

I love Paolo but here he is just piggybacking Leo :lol: Leo such a boss.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
First of all, you're too kind. Thank you.

I'm not disputing that he's a very good player. I just think that, even with this inflated market, he's not worth 100m. If the number was 60m, I'd be more open.

I also think his closest comparison is Pogba. They play that same "roaming central midfielder" spot, but Pogba has more athleticism. SMS has a surprisingly good touch for a guy his size, but I've yet to see him take a big game and just boss it. I've seen Pogba do it.

I also think he wouldn't do well here if his job is to be an LCM. Pogba played badly at Utd when Mourinho put him as part of a midfield 3. Pogba was at his best as the tip of a central midfield triangle, where SMS does the most damage as well.

I just feel like we need someone who is more dynamic. I'm not the biggest Verratti fan, but I think he's the profile we need. Maybe a little more attacking , but someone like him. If Bona released the ball faster and was more consistent I'd say we are fine as we are.

Ah, I see, this makes more sense.

About his price tag - yes it seems like the asking price simply is too much and that may be the case but here is what I think about it - in our current situation we don't really have many players that are worldclass or on the brink of becoming eventually worldclass that are willing to join. So if we have the chance, I'd rather us overpay and actually secure a budding superstar.

I also agree with the Pogba comparison, it's been used quite a lot and simply fits well. I am not ready to sign off however that he wouldn't be good at LCM. I am not entirely sure yet how we'd play if we were to sign him anyway but I think he could definitely give us a considerable boost even from LCM.

Verratti obviously isn't available and I'd that's stronger physically rather than him. Also, as you mentioned, we'd need a more attacking oriented player. So who is there that fits the bill and would be considerably cheaper than SMS? I also like the SMS signing because we've seen him being able to play well in this league. This transition isn't that easy for outside players coming in.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love Paolo but here he is just piggybacking Leo :lol: Leo such a boss.

How dare you... Leo is trading on Capt's name and his standing in the world of football.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
lazio is such a good balanced team. very underrated.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Yes thanks for the review kojak.

But please also write what position he played and the formations. LW or RW?

He played RW in a 4231 in both games although he switched to LW late in the Valencia game. Physically and technically I’ve got zero issues with him. But consistency is an entirely different matter. I think if you put him in a team full of champions managed by a strict tactician (Simeone/Conte) he could become a very good squad player minimum. However, don’t think our current squad coached by Gattuso in a brand new league is the best idea.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
anyone know the numbers?

what's would be the difference between owning and renting like we do today?

I don't have exact numbers but what San Siro is missing is proper shops and activities surrounding it. Right now it had the bazaar feel, and not of a shopping mall which new stadiums have.

The only thing San Siro has going for it is nostalgia, even the mach atmosphere would be highly improved in a new 60k stadium with better acoustics, stands closer to the field etc.

That's what sells today, and I hope we have it in the near future as well.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
So I've just whizzed through 2 games of Samu against Barca & Valencia and confirm he's the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

Good points

1. Very fast - one of the quickest players on the pitch in both games. Nearly as quick as Dembele.
2. Deceptively strong - he may be skinny as fuck but he wins his fair share of tackles and doesn't get pushed off the ball.
3. Excellent defensively - don't think I've ever seen a winger win as many tackles/interceptions as him. He really should consider playing WB.
4. Great work rate - he's a livewire who runs non stop for the entire 90 mins.
5. Great positioning - he always makes himself available to receive the ball and ended up in plenty of goalscoring positions in both games.
6. Good technical skills - when he's on form, he's a very good dribbler, crosser, shooter & set piece taker.

Bad points

1. Super inconsistent - he'll have one good shot then fire the next 3/4 wide by a country mile. It's frustrating because you know he has good shooting ability.
2. Poor decision making - he gets in really good positions only to fuck it up with an awful final pass or tendency to ball hog until he gets tackled. He did this time and time again.
3. Overdribbles - he's a good dribbler but doesn't know when to stop and often gets tackled or gets the ball tangled between his feet then loses it.

All in all I think signing him is a huge gamble. I don't think he's good enough to bench either Hakan/Suso and think he'll frustrate the hell out of everyone by getting in good positions then letting himself down with a weak end product be it an awful shot or a bad pass. Not sure if he can be taught to eliminate these things from his game which is probably why Villareal agreed to sell him. One things for sure, if he doesn't adapt to Serie A he'll be on the first flight back to Spain.

The most frustrating thing about him is that he's got the physicality and technical skills to be an excellent player. However, top players are consistent throughout the game whereas he definitely is not. If I compare him to Suso (who's barely 2 years older), the elf is a far more intelligent and consistent player in terms of his game. If you could transplant Suso's brain into Samu's body you'd have one of the best wingers in the world.

world class review. I like that.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Nice read Kojak :thumbsup:

He is still quite young so hopefully moving to a big club helps his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule