Week 2: S.S.C. Napoli - AC Milan 25/08/2018 20:30 CET

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
As of today, Bonaventura is in pole position to replace the suspended Calhanoglu on the left wing against Napoli [Corriere della Sera]

signs winger. plays bonna. grande chef

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
4-4-1-1 no fantasia

Donna
Cala, Caldo, Roma, Rod
Samu, K79, Baky, Lax
Bona
Zalo

0-1 (Caldara)

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
We don't need creativity in the midfield to win games. But Gattuso has to speed up our play. Let Biglia sit and dictate and let Kessie and Baka loose. They are physical and can run, and we can completely bully teams with them on the field. We really need to see higher pressure this season, and play quicker offensively. Harass opponents in midfield, play the ball to the wings QUICKLY, and get balls in the box.

I'm not saying we are completely similar, but there are free flowing attaching teams like Liverpool and Monaco from two seasons back who score goals at will with not much midfield creativity. You have to create turnovers and move the ball quickly, but I think we can set our midfield up like that. If we play the same slow paced Milan style we've seen for years now, teams will fall deep and we won't break them down enough. Gattuso changed it after montella and had Jack and Kessie running the channels well, and we created a lot of chances last season. All our creativity is in our wingers. Gotta keep that mentality and improve on it. One things for sure, we shouldn't be losing any midfield battles from here out

for that to happen you need proper wingers though. suso is a good player but he is more of a central player not a winger. Same with hakan. We need one more winger at the very least. I would prefer 2. samu is great but we still sorely miss another alternative in case our LW gets injured.

Last edited:

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
As of today, Bonaventura is in pole position to replace the suspended Calhanoglu on the left wing against Napoli [Corriere della Sera]

It is not official yet. In addition, our signings arrived close to the end of mercato. They should need time to get used to Gattuso's tactic and instructions.

It is just too early to judge.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bona is a good-ok winger.. i really dont mind when hes playing LW

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

it's fodderish to start all new signings from the get-go so I guess castillejo will be brought in second half given that Higuain is starting and maybe Caldara too.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Absolutely nothing wrong with starting Bonaventura on the wing. It’s his best position and you can’t be starting new signings when they’ve barely been here for a week.

So excited to see Higuain play, imagine he scores against Napoli on debut. It’ll be beautiful, 3 points are absolutely vital here. Get rid of one of the toughest opponents away early and take the points would be huge for confidence and belief within the group. Forza Milan, I’m expecting great things this season.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bona and Caldara both should start.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Carletto Gattuso Reunion...

This gonna be fun

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Very tricky game. I’d only start Higuain from new comers and leave bakayoko, samu and laxalt for 2nd half if we are chasing a result.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Very tricky game. I’d only start Higuain from new comers and leave bakayoko, samu and laxalt for 2nd half if we are chasing a result.

If you don't play Bakayoko from the first minute, who is going to play as LCM? We don't have alteranative except Bertolacci. He is just like Bakayoko, new player under Gattuso. Playing Bonaventura there will make Borini play as left wing :lol:.

Higuain and Bakayoko starter, other new signings coming from the bench.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
If you don't play Bakayoko from the first minute, who is going to play as LCM? We don't have alteranative except Bertolacci. He is just like Bakayoko, new player under Gattuso. Playing Bonaventura there will make Borini play as left wing :lol:.

Higuain and Bakayoko starter, other new signings coming from the bench.

I’d play bona lcm and start samu on the wing.

You know what to expect with bona biglia kessie. It’s not the right time to experiment in the midfield.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

You know what to expect with bona biglia kessie. It’s not the right time to experiment in the midfield.

That makes sense since we play against Napoli. So, one new player besides Higuain has to play otherwise one of Borini, Montolivo, Bertolacci and Mauri will play.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

With Calhanoglu susoended and Bonaventura likely to start at LW, I think Bakayoko has to start at LCM.

Agree on Samu, he’s going to need some time to settle in with the squad. However I wouldn’t be surprised to see Caldara start next to Romagnoli because Musacchio and Romagnoli are very similar. For this match I think it’s wise to go with Musacchio but I have a feeling it’ll be Caldara.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I’d love Samu to start but according to reports Bona is going to get the LW spot for this match. Hopefully Samu really impresses in training.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Bona at LW will result in:

- runs with the ball into the opposition player and loses it.
- runs with the ball into space with his head down, doesn't look around and crosses to nobody.
- runs with the ball into space with his head down, doesn't look around and shoots the ball somewhere in the stands.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bona at LW will result in:

- runs with the ball into the opposition player and loses it.
- runs with the ball into space with his head down, doesn't look around and crosses to nobody.
- runs with the ball into space with his head down, doesn't look around and shoots the ball somewhere in the stands.

He has competitor now who is probably better than him (Bonaventura's performance last season). Jack has to step his game up otherwise he will lose his position as starter.

For LCM he will compete with Bakayoko if Hakan still plays on the left wing. If Hakan is moved to LCM, Bonaventura will compete with Castillejo to earn the left forward spot in starting eleven.

I expect an improvement of Bonaventura's performance this season.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Also, Bona will have Higuain as a partner, not exactly the same player he had last years.

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score
With Calhanoglu susoended and Bonaventura likely to start at LW, I think Bakayoko has to start at LCM.

Agree on Samu, he’s going to need some time to settle in with the squad. However I wouldn’t be surprised to see Caldara start next to Romagnoli because Musacchio and Romagnoli are very similar. For this match I think it’s wise to go with Musacchio but I have a feeling it’ll be Caldara.

We shouldn't rush with Caldara either (remember what happened with Rodrigo Ely), but wait for the easier opponents to build chemistry. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zapata partnering Roma. He was decent last season when we draw with Napoli. He compliments Roma with physicality and is good squad player.

Really shame Hakan is suspended. It's either Bakayoko or Samu to be thrown in to the mix. My guess for starting eleven:

--Bona--Higuain--Suso---
-Bakayoko-Biglia-Kessie--
RR-Roma-Zapata-Calabria
--------Donna--------------

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Probable lineup vs. Napoli (4-3-3):

Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bakayoko; Suso, Higuain, Bonaventura. [Sky]

sexy

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla

Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bakayoko; Suso, Higuain, Bonaventura. [Sky]

sexy

except for bona

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

sexy
As expected. Hope these guys are ready with all the pre season running they been having.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pretty much what I expected for the team. Still wouldn’t be surprised if we see Caldara instead of Musacchio though. I guess Napoli don’t have any real physical forwards so we could probably get away with Musacchio and Romagnoli together.

That midfield could really boss the game defensively, hopefully we get the real Biglia from the get go this season. He right now is as important as anyone imo.

Nice to see Donnarumma get first go in goals too.

Forza!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Musa as RB. We should keep Calabria away from the starting XI as much as possible.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
2c681b0b2d177695a7e50c9a5ee5d7e4.jpg