The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 22-10-2018, 00:40   #841
Hitchens
Suddenly a great believer

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

There's no way around what everyone here is saying. Gattuso didn't act like he wanted to win this, and it's an enormous fucking disappointment.

Amateur subs.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 00:43   #842
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
We lost, and we will struggle for top 4 this season (as fucking lazio are so consistent) but I am confident in the overall direction we are moving in

Signing a young exciting cm, project being supported by all out former players (mauldini, sheva ect cant be all wrong) and No debt/Shady owners. Increasing Sponsor revenues and competent directors at the club

It feels like shit tonight, but as a club, would it be unfair to say we are in the best position we have been since 2012?
You got a GF... thats y the world is rosy to you. Have you? Even if you havent, just lie to us, man... we need cheering.

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 00:49   #843
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
You got a GF... thats y the world is rosy to you. Have you? Even if you havent, just lie to us, man... we need cheering.
No comment

Honestly, we wont even remember this game, when next season we are getting in top 4 easily with paqueta, another new CM, a developed kessie, maybe conti at RB , and probably a new manager and hopefully a new keeper

This season was gonna be a struggle after the state Li left it in. The fact that we signed caldara and paqueta for the future despite the shitshow of a summer is very very impressive
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 00:57   #844
Nirvana
World Cup Winner

We need players with a strong mentality, prolly a bit experienced players who don't become cucks in big matches. This is necessary if we hope to play and do well in CL in upcoming seasons. Hakan, bona, donna, unfortunately, aren't such type of players.

Those subs tho

Last edited by Nirvana; 22-10-2018 at 00:59.
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 02:01   #845
jawz10
Milinkovic Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Bonaventura

Sooner we ditch this guy, sooner we leave mediocrity.

Cue posts citing Bonaventura at one point was top scorer.
This guy gets it, the rest of you are lost trying to find a single scape goat every game.

Ask yourself if you remember any specific moments when Bonaventura did something useful... I'll wait.
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 02:15   #846
Saeed
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz10 View Post
This guy gets it, the rest of you are lost trying to find a single scape goat every game.

Ask yourself if you remember any specific moments when Bonaventura did something useful... I'll wait.
Can you tell me who else did anything useful? You are just a hater. Stop it please.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 02:58   #847
Massaro94
Banned

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Abate was on the pitch for 25 seconds before Inter scored.
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 04:14   #848
Riffstein
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz10 View Post

Hes either brilliant, or total uselessness. Id say its a 25/75 ratio.

I don't actually mind playing with a defensive mindset and getting results in the end, at least for the time being, but it really gets to me when the entertainment value is almost zero and we still lose

Has Cutrone ever been effective playing that wide ?
Has Bakakyoko ever been effective to date ? to sub him in a match like that ?
Riffstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 04:30   #849
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 05:08   #850
Nirvana
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
He's a god sent for them, helping them since 2010 iirc. Inter fans should actually start cheering up the next time they see him getting subbed in
Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 10:19   #851
Nalim
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

I’m still baffled by the substitutions Gattuso made yesterday. Good idea to sub off Hakan - terrible idea to ask Cutrone to play LW. Terrible idea to sub off Kessiť and leave Bona on the pitch.
Rino disappointed me last night. For all the praise he’s received for his ability to motivate the squad he failed to do so in the derby.
The game reminded me of the one against Arsenal at San Siro last season. We came with a good run of form and then the team crumbled and played with little team mentality against opposition we shouldn’t fear as much as we did.
Embarrassing
I expect a strong reaction in the upcoming games.
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 10:20   #852
VillaiN
Senior Team Member

Rino need to go.
We need 2 wc mids.
Bona, hakan etc re bench players.

MAybe change formation.

Hoping Leo see where re the problems.
VillaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 10:25   #853
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Subs were bad. But why didnt we show up for the game?

The whole game felt like jesus take the wheel.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 13:32   #854
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Really disappointing after a rough day at work to come back and having not gone online to check the score, watching the 90+ minutes and seeing that 93rd minute goal.

If I am honest, I was thinking just before the goal that if we managed the 0-0 it would have been a steal because we were not at the races today. A few bright spots - Kessie was one of them, I thought he covered a lot of ground and made some good interceptions and passes.

Biglia was not bad as well. Not great, but kept things ticking along. Calabria was ok. Romagnoli was also ok.

I guess most of the negatives have to go to Rino. I love him as a player, and I like a lot of things about him as a coach, but this was terrible. Subs were horrible. Cutrone should have played upfront, Laxalt should have come in for Bonaventura in a 442.

We looked timid and like an inferior team.

Suso played poorly - could have played in Higuain but went for the shot and his shooting was poor in this match. Higuain was not particularly great either but he was feeding off scraps.

I feel distraught. I feel for Rino and the players but this was not good enough.

Signature
Feels like home again
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 13:54   #855
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck7 View Post
Not too sure where to start with this. We initially thought we needed a top defender instead of a big striker so bought Bonucci. Sold a top defender and replaced him with a top striker-turns out we need to pay money for both if we donít want to finish mid table and some service would be nice for our striker too please
It's not like we had a top defender to beginwith so Bonucci for Higuain is still a plus.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 14:39   #856
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
Subs were bad. But why didnt we show up for the game?

The whole game felt like jesus take the wheel.
Subs weren't that bad, playing them out of position was the major issue.

Seriously Crutone as a winger? What the actual fuck.

Edit: and also ofc making them way too late.

Signature

Last edited by Az.; 22-10-2018 at 14:44.
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 14:54   #857
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Subs weren't that bad, playing them out of position was the major issue.
Thats precisely the reason they were bad! Its not like we had Neymar and Mbappe to bring on and Gattuso fucked up and brought on who he brought on. With the subs he shud've changed the shape of play... didnt/cudnt... thats why we are crying.

Signature
"What Leonardo brought to Milan? Experience, international contacts with FIFA, UEFA, big clubs. Leo has done everything, he toured the whole world. He is smart and knows well the world of communication."

"What can Maldini add? Paolo is the history, the figure. He is the idol. In the whole world if you speak about Milan you speak about Paolo and vice-versa. Paolo is the fidelity."
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 14:57   #858
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
Thats precisely the reason they were bad! Its not like we had Neymar and Mbappe to bring on and Gattuso fucked up and brought on who he brought on. With the subs he shud've changed the shape of play... didnt/cudnt... thats why we are crying.
Well if we wanted to keep playing the same formation, we actually had some proper wingers on the bench.

But yeah no doubt they are not on Neymar's level.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 15:44   #859
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Fav. Players: Diego Laxalt

subs are subs but where was our team for 80 minutes? how many chances inter had and how many we?

ps. abate change was against fresh keita running on lw.

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 16:03   #860
pkriston
Rookie

Gattuso really made me sick to my stomach with his substitutions. Every single one was bad.

We have had so much success playing a 4-4-2 at the end of games, so when I saw Cutrone come on, I was happy. But where does Cutrone go? On the left wing. I couldn't believe it!

When he put on Bakayoko, I knew this man wasn't trying to win. Where was Laxalt? Samu? An injection of pace could have turned this game around. I won't even talk about how long he took with the substitutions. No we weren't playing our best game, but at 0-0, we were definitely in the game.

Last edited by pkriston; 22-10-2018 at 17:10.
pkriston is offline   Reply With Quote