Week 23: AC Milan (0) vs. Sampdoria (1) - Sunday 05/02/1 - 12:30 CET

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He would not be in the position if Zapata hadn't made the mistake before him.

Zapata had the ball in their half, fumbled it under little pressure and let them have a dangerous counter.

Paletta then fouled their player for a penalty.

Sure, two mistakes, but I blame Zapata more.

the point is, that's why you always keep more defenders home.

In case one makes a play, you still have a backup to cover for him.

Zapata controlled let him down(how unexpected), but we where nowhere near conceeding a goal after that mistake. Quagliarella had nowhere to go, and he was moving away from the goal.

Paletta last defender should never do something like that. even more so inside penalty box. Really amateurish play from Paletta.
And he is our best defender. :fp:

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I look on my recording for the game on bein sports and its a women's tennis match. Reading on here I can't say I missed out on an exciting match though. Oh well let's look to Wednesday.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont know how we lost this game, these players just arent scoring the numerous chances we make, then gift the most unavoidable goal.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
1486367228784.jpg

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As a fan of Serie A I'd probably honestly rather see Inter making top 3 than Roma who always seem to waste spots in the Champions league they are terrible bottlers and tend to sell players. At least Inter will build on the team they have

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We haven't been nearly as bad as everyone says.
But fans tend to be hyperbolic, nothing new here.

1. Sampdoria scored their only chance of the game

2. We had 2-3 100% goal chances which we failed to convert.

3. Our 2 most dangerous players aren't with the team (Niang lost form and left, Bona injured)

4. Our backline has never been solid during the season, But yesterday we fielded the shittiest line up yet.

5. Bacca and Lapa have lost their magic touch.

The only thing that worries me is our ability to score without Bacca or Lapa.
If we can overcome that or help the two rediscover their form, we will be back.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
disappointing result for us as this was a must-win game.
we didn't deserve to lose.
right now the team is not getting points not because we play bad but because we cannot convert our chances. also this frustration affects the back line since they seem less calm in their reactions.
this is a crucial moment as I think that in the last few years we always struggle in the period January-February and this is the time when we lose our objective for the season.
we need to turn things around quick.
the team is losing its confidence and this affects all areas of our game.
we need to win next game against bologna. we must stay close to the places for Europe.
FORZA MILAN!

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
we always struggle in the period January-February and this is the time when we lose our objective for the season.

yes there is a definite pattern here

I think it's a combination of very unfortunate injuries (we always seem to get those) that occur around this time and a lack of reinforcements during the January transfer period (a repeated failure of management)

this is also when the replace-the-coach rumors start

the stress on the players seems just too much this time every year and it is reflected in the game results

it'd be great if management could learn from mistakes so the team doesn't keep falling into the same self-defeating pattern

Schedule