Week 18: Bologna (0) vs AC Milan (1) - Wednesday 08/02/2017 - 20:45 CET

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
zapata-gomez hahaha vs lazio#

so weakened vs them but fuck it hahahah what a win tonight

They are not much worse than Romagnoli-Paletta and at least they don't get red cards all the time. I'm fine with it. Bacca and Kucka were bigger disasters tonight, Pasalic too.
We can't play 4-3-3 anymore. It must stop.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
2590ed7fdcd7cb16ff22ef51da39d010.jpg

40970119901756d52dbf958c2a103798.png

full of energy

1f6de803e52ba4292907a501f0e40d49.png

the tourist

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What kind of game was this lol? The team always believes and goes for wins, no matter how many men we have.

Serious action needs to be taken against this ref though

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA

1) complete shit before the goal
2) couldn't miss that sitter if he wanted to
3) Goal was 90% Deulofeu
4) Still don't want him staring but our options are limited

5) Stop being a jaded prick

Costacurta: "I believe that once Bacca was taken off Milan have changed and started to play like a team once again."

Billy knows what he is talking about.

Was about to say this in the Bacca thread. Now wait for peeps saying Billy is scapegoating Bacca and "but muh service".

False 9 with Suso and Honda/Ocampos as wingers pls.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My ratings:

DonnaGOAT(****) - Did all he could to to keep us in the game. Amazing how a solid keeper keeps the team's drive alive throughout the match.

Abate(***) - Shaky at the back at first, but grew into the game in the last 30 minutes. Also, no offensive contributions.

Paletta(*) - Dumb mistakes. He's usually good this season when he's not having a brainfart.

Romagnoli(N/A) - Not enough minutes.

Vangioni(***) - Pleasantly surprised. One of our key players tonight. He even defended well, but also lacked any type of overlapping. Should definitely keep getting chances.

Kucka(*) - Invisible all game until he got sent off. Pathetic display. Horrible season.

Locatelli(***) - Was decent but in all fairness, he only played 45 minutes. Seems he straightened out his bullshit from what little we've seen from him today.

Pasalic(**) - Regardless of the (frankly unmissable) goal, he screwed up attacks and sitters. But at the very least he positions himself well.

Suso(**) - Very fatigued and it shows. Kept missing balls throughout the match but his explosiveness removed some pressure from Deulofeu.

Bacca(*) - Nowhere to be seen, horrific first touch, pathetic passing, and bad positioning. Gonna wait for the usual excuses.

Deulofeu(*****) - MOTM. Kept running even with 2 men down and gave an unmissable assist to Pasalic. Hope he continues like this. False 9 please.

---

Zapata(****) - Unexpectedly solid. Kept us alive in the match by bullying Bologna's air game.

Gomez(***) - Also decent. He's also getting better which is a good sign.

Poli(****) - No joke. He kept screaming and shit from the moment he came on. Very good for shithousing matches like these.

---

Montella(***) - Now you can argue that Montella made the necessary subs and even leaving Pasalic on is a good choice, but it shouldn't have come to that. Bacca and Pasalic have been so poor that they should've been dropped in the first place. Should grow some balls and at least drop Bacca next match.

Team Performance
(***) - On one hand; Bacca, Pasalic, Paletta, and Kucka were garbage. That's half the starting team, but the other half still kept fighting. It's 50/50 but we won so that's always a plus.

Very on point and I mostly agree with you. Pasalic was very bad once again, he misses too many big chances where we could have scored way earlier. Thankfully in the end he got an assist not even me with a broken leg could have missed, but to his credit I mist say he did very well on positioning him perfectly in that ocasion, finally running into the right spaces and not always hiding somewhere behind opponents.

Bacca as I said many times is not the right player fir this system, Montella demands him to do things that he can't so he seems like a fish out of water. What we need is a target man (tall, physically string à la Giroud, Dzeko or Kane for example) or a player who has a very good technique/first touch so that he's able o create spaces within micoseconds without struggling with the ball like bambi on ice.

Bacca is a great pocher but our system simply doesn't need that kind of player and since Bacca seems unable to adapt he will always look like a fish out of water

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Btw we play better when we don't try to occupy the opponents half. Almost all goals and res cards of this season came from fast counter attacks of our opponents. Our team simply has not the quality to stand this high in the pitch, we need to play deepee into our zone.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Now that i have cleared my head a bit, and the whiskey is out of the system:lol:....i'm still fucking pissed.

While we got the 3 points, we also got 2 red cards on a first 11 team that's shaky at best, and plagued with injuries.

Lazio up next won't be fun.:fp:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Very on point and I mostly agree with you. Pasalic was very bad once again, he misses too many big chances where we could have scored way earlier. Thankfully in the end he got an assist not even me with a broken leg could have missed, but to his credit I mist say he did very well on positioning him perfectly in that ocasion, finally running into the right spaces and not always hiding somewhere behind opponents.

Bacca as I said many times is not the right player fir this system, Montella demands him to do things that he can't so he seems like a fish out of water. What we need is a target man (tall, physically string à la Giroud, Dzeko or Kane for example) or a player who has a very good technique/first touch so that he's able o create spaces within micoseconds without struggling with the ball like bambi on ice.

Bacca is a great pocher but our system simply doesn't need that kind of player and since Bacca seems unable to adapt he will always look like a fish out of water

Belottii!

Btw we play better when we don't try to occupy the opponents half. Almost all goals and res cards of this season came from fast counter attacks of our opponents. Our team simply has not the quality to stand this high in the pitch, we need to play deepee into our zone.

:thumbsup:. wrote it on the montella thread

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well that was some real battle of Thermopylae(300) style shit going on last night. Backs to the wall, outnumbered and a ref supporting Bologna. But we dug deep and got a great result(in the circumstances). I must admit when I saw Poli coming on my head sank, but boy was I wrong. What a performance he put in. He seemed to galvanise the remaining players and raise there will and determination to a new level.
A great never say die attitude from the whole team and long may it continue.

Forza Milan!!!!!!!!!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Woo hoo! Amazing game yesterday! Very proud of all the boys! We are AC Milan!

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
very important win for us. this could be our turning point.
once again we were bad in the first half but surprisingly we played better when we went down to 9.
massive save from donnarumma on that kreijci shot kept us fighting until the end. also poli after he came in he got injured but stay in the field and run like crazy.
deulofeu's performance was simply brilliant! congrats to the 9 players that finish the game and managed to come away with a win and end this negative run for us.
next game on Monday to olimpico and its important to stay on track. if romagnoli is fit then I would like to see Gomez next to him.
FORZA MILAN!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but I think Zapata is in front of Gomez in the picking order given that Montella even made him captain aginst Samp.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yes I know but I think Gomez performed better when called upon comparing to Zapata.
anyway it seems that romagnoli will not be ready for Lazio so Zapata-Gomez will play together

Schedule