Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The fuck?
No he's not
Suso is the whole opposite...he seems to struggle upfront...he lacks that killer pass
And that's why I think he could do better on a deeper position...if only because Poli/Bona are completely useless in midfield

I?m not against trying it, especially in a pre season game where it causes no danger, but I can see moving back causing more problems then help.

Movement, defending, strategic orientation from that position, anticipation and awareness - all abilities to be affected by this position change, not easy to pull of, especially for a young player.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Suso has a lot of raw tools, but I genuinely struggle to see how he'll fit in Serie A. He's in the same boat as the other slight/agile Spanish CAMs in the world and has a similar skillset. I can see him having a very good career, but sadly I see it elsewhere.

I would not hesitate to move him to Spain for a comparable player who might be a better fit. A player like Sergi Darder comes to mind.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Suso has a lot of raw tools, but I genuinely struggle to see how he'll fit in Serie A. He's in the same boat as the other slight/agile Spanish CAMs in the world and has a similar skillset. I can see him having a very good career, but sadly I see it elsewhere.

I would not hesitate to move him to Spain for a comparable player who might be a better fit. A player like Sergi Darder comes to mind.

i am failing to see the value of trading suso-darder, darder needs alot to be ready, yes he is got a missile in his foot but he lacks midfielder intelligence he has a very poor ball control. He is asking price is already 12 mil. Suso has a higher ceiling imho

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Should definitely stay. I prefer him to honda as AM tbh.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Still raw, give him a loan stint like Niang let him grow as for now he would not be in the 1st eleven.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
he did better than honda though, and i don't think that we will invest in a TQ. so it is better if he stays.

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The guy doesnt fit in any position. Liverpool send HIM for S resson and it is easy to see why.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Unlucky? He could have an assist but he wants so badly to be Batman. :thumbsdown:

How could he? When Cerci and Matri barely ever make good runs
And this stupid midfield often keeps forcing him to drift to the sides
Not to mention...when he makes a pass for Abate the latter always blows the opportunity predictably

He made a good through ball today...but you won't see that shit on a regular basis with Matri and Cerci upfront
Cerci especially instead of playing as a forward he insists on stealing Suso's role and trying to play as a Trequartista himself

But yeah...I think the reason Suso shoots more than he tries to assist is he doesn't seem confident enough on his passing skills

Still I would rather have him than slow-ass Honda

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How could he? When Cerci and Matri barely ever make good runs
And this stupid midfield often keeps forcing him to drift to the sides
Not to mention...when he makes a pass for Abate the latter always blows the opportunity predictably

He made a good through ball today...but you won't see that shit on a regular basis with Matri and Cerci upfront
Cerci especially instead of playing as a forward he insists on stealing Suso's role and trying to play as a Trequartista himself

But yeah...I think the reason Suso shoots more than he tries to assist is he doesn't seem confident enough on his passing skills

Still I would rather have him than slow-ass Honda

He had two man alone on the right flank but he pulled a Menez play.

However, I agree with you that Suso over Honda is a better option just because at least he can beat his man which Honda has showed he is unable to do.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
He had two man alone on the right flank but he pulled a Menez play.

However, I agree with you that Suso over Honda is a better option just because at least he can beat his man which Honda has showed he is unable to do.

I'm more worried about that chance he missed early on...that should have been a goal

The midfield was static as fuck against Sassuolo which rendered him null

And also Cerci and Matri are selfish as fuck and combined with Suso who also seems to be a bit selfish and you got a nun-functioning attack
That's why I think he would do far better with Bacca-Adriano...cuz they're not selfish and they work really hard

This would probably be our best formation right now

Bacca-Adriano
Suso
Mauri-DJ-Berto
Anto-Ely-Roma-Davide
D.Lopez

And yes I see Ely as very important in this formation since he acts as almost an extra midfielder every time he plays and boy do we need all the help we can get with this current midfield

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He needs to learn to choose the battles that he fights, and be more cold in front of the goal.
Has talent but also needs polishing.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
atm he's an impact sub at most, he's nowhere near the consistency levels required for a players to start

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I'm more worried about that chance he missed early on...that should have been a goal

The midfield was static as fuck against Sassuolo which rendered him null

And also Cerci and Matri are selfish as fuck and combined with Suso who also seems to be a bit selfish and you got a nun-functioning attack
That's why I think he would do far better with Bacca-Adriano...cuz they're not selfish and they work really hard

This would probably be our best formation right now

Bacca-Adriano
Suso
Mauri-DJ-Berto
Anto-Ely-Roma-Davide
D.Lopez

And yes I see Ely as very important in this formation since he acts as almost an extra midfielder every time he plays and boy do we need all the help we can get with this current midfield

Mauri starts along with Calabria and I am the bidone? Hahaha aren't you a bright one.:fp:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
i am failing to see the value of trading suso-darder, darder needs alot to be ready, yes he is got a missile in his foot but he lacks midfielder intelligence he has a very poor ball control. He is asking price is already 12 mil. Suso has a higher ceiling imho

Was not advocating only Darder, but a player in that realm. I see a gaping hole behind the stirker for Malaga, which is why I used that example.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Who else can start there though?
Bona? Menez? Honda? These options are all worse

Menez with Berry and Adriano is gonna be molto bene, when he recovers after his injury.
Just wait and see.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hope he comes good, think he is a very talented player.

On a completely different topic, have you seen this?

black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

Schedule