The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Piatek offers 0 in regards to link up play. He's a finisher that obviously went through a purple patch, can he sustain it(who knows) Lets first wait and see what Genoa demand.

Would be an insult to pay over 40m for this kid to play in front of our own Cutrone.

I love Cutrone too but Piatek is a very good signing. He's been tearing it up in the league.

Maybe he's just a finisher but he looks like a fucking good one.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I believe we all agree that Piatek will be a very..very high risk.

yeah, i don't get why so many people want him

genoa are cunts and they'll ask for a lot and the sample size is ridiculously small. even if there was a 50% chance he'd be the next gunnar nordahl I still wouldn't take it given our financial fragility and the fact that we already have cutrone in our squad

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It's weird to see how happy Higuain looks in the training session. I don't understand why he's even in Jeddah if he wants to leave.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't like the Laxalt purchase. A lot of people were really happy about it. I don't care enough to go back for the receipts, but I was shocked how many people were happy about it.

The only thing that I can think of with Laxalt and Samu is that, while we might have been able to just sell them for a lower fee (Bacca for 7m, but Genoa doesn't seem to have money) and the reason why Elliott didn't take Genoa to court was probably because we needed the players and did not have the time. We did it to Sosa and the Turkish team, so it looks like those moves were forced.

What I think Leo might have done with Bacca/Samu and Lapadula/Laxalt was FFP manipulation. That might be the rationale, as there probably was no market for Bacca, and Genoa couldn't pay and we needed a versatile player for the left side.

But, again, I think FFP manipulation was the primary rationale for the Samu transfer, for sure, and perhaps the Laxalt one.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't care too much if we have to use 50 on Piatek. He'll have a much lower wage than Higuain anyway.

The market is the market. Wanting to be stingy and live in the world of 10 years ago will bring us nowhere.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I love Cutrone but it's really weird how people think he can carry us by himself to 4th place. He has plenty of games where he starts and cant do much. And thats okay cuz he's young, but if Higuain leaves we just need another striker. Better a young prospect than some washed up 30+ player.

People wanne see Borinho playing striker again?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
It's weird to see how happy Higuain looks in the training session. I don't understand why he's even in Jeddah if he wants to leave.

it's because they feed them afterwards

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
I love Cutrone too but Piatek is a very good signing. He's been tearing it up in the league.

Maybe he's just a finisher but he looks like a fucking good one.

Sure, had you even heard of Piatek prior to this season? what would be the impact positive or negative in signing a player only 2 years older than Cutrone.

It comes down to price. If Leo can get him for 30 or under, then it's less of a risk. Hard to see Piatek as the 1st option though.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather bring back Andre Silva from his loan than spend 40+ on Piatek.

Maybe he becomes the next great Polish striker, but man, it's a huge risk. Also, I've heard Polish people who watch him a lot say he's not that great. Maybe when your standards are Lewandowski most strikers will look bad, but I dunno man.

I would love to see us play 4-3-1-2, right now, I think our available players seem best suited to that, especially with Suso out.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sure, had you even heard of Piatek prior to this season? what would be the impact positive or negative in signing a player only 2 years older than Cutrone.

It comes down to price. If Leo can get him for 30 or under, then it's less of a risk. Hard to see Piatek as the 1st option though.

Each of them can earn their place, there's no rush. Good thing about Piatek is he won't sulk about not playing every game. Would probably mean even more playing time for dear Patrick in this season and the next than it would've done with Higuain.

Who do we sign instead? All of the other options are easier to pick apart, Piatek looks like a stud. I had never heard of him before, but that isn't necessarily an argument against him. He had good stats in Poland as well, you can't blame a guy for being young.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Lo dico ancora una volta, l'ho già fatto tempo fa. Ci sono delle evidenti storture in una parte della struttura societaria. E queste vanno sanate. Fino a quel momento saremo in difficoltà.

I say it once again, I already did it long ago. There are obvious distortions in a part of the corporate structure. And these must be remedied. Until then we will be in trouble.

andrea bricchi

fuck, almost everyone is talking about same thing so i guess that it could be true. where there's smoke, there's fire.

stahp it please, can we be normal club, for once? :rolleyes:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Each of them can earn their place, there's no rush. Good thing about Piatek is he won't sulk about not playing every game. Would probably mean even more playing time for dear Patrick in this season and the next than it would've done with Higuain.

Who do we sign instead? All of the other options are easier to pick apart, Piatek looks like a stud. I had never heard of him before, but that isn't necessarily an argument against him. He had good stats in Poland as well, you can't blame a guy for being young.

Losing Higuain in less than six months to replace him with a relatively unknown player will naturally raise eyebrows. If we're able to sign a quality left winger and then sign Piatek for a reasonable sum, that would lessen the risk.

The model of the new management is young talented players and Piatek fits that criteria. As said, it all comes down to cost. Genoa brought him in for a mere 4m.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
Lo dico ancora una volta, l'ho già fatto tempo fa. Ci sono delle evidenti storture in una parte della struttura societaria. E queste vanno sanate. Fino a quel momento saremo in difficoltà.

I say it once again, I already did it long ago. There are obvious distortions in a part of the corporate structure. And these must be remedied. Until then we will be in trouble.

andrea bricchi

fuck, almost everyone is talking about same thing so i guess that it could be true. where there's smoke, there's fire.

stahp it please, can we be normal club, for once? :rolleyes:

what's this !? talking about what !?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dw4sLLTW0AEKfrd.jpg:small

what's going on here

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
what's this !? talking about what !?

disagreements between leo, maldini, gazidis, maybe even moncada, who knows. :rolleyes: i guess it's between l&m and gazidis, they have different plans and strategies for milan market.

even our gae talks about that :o

as i said, it must be something in these stories, now everyone is reporting same thing.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Today’s edition of ********** reports that the relationship between Leonardo and Ivan Gazidis is deteriorating because of a few transfer choices made by the former Arsenal director.

AC Milan had tried to sign both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cesc Fabregas but according to the Turin-based paper, Gazidis stopped the signing of the duo causing Leonardo’s anger.

Leonardo and Gazidis don’t share most of the transfer choices that the club must make and this is the main reason why the relationship between them is not too solid right now.
[Tuttoshit]

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Today’s edition of ********** reports that the relationship between Leonardo and Ivan Gazidis is deteriorating because of a few transfer choices made by the former Arsenal director.

AC Milan had tried to sign both Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Cesc Fabregas but according to the Turin-based paper, Gazidis stopped the signing of the duo causing Leonardo’s anger.

Leonardo and Gazidis don’t share most of the transfer choices that the club must make and this is the main reason why the relationship between them is not too solid right now.
[Tuttoshit]

what did gordon singer mean by hiring ivan gazidis :conf:

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I watch again the game with Sampdoria and realize Murru is really a good LB. Even better than Rodriguez. Hidden gem probably we can get hold of at reasonable price

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I watch again the game with Sampdoria and realize Murru is really a good LB. Even better than Rodriguez. Hidden gem probably we can get hold of at reasonable price

Murru got some attention when he was younger but stayed under the radar the following years. I like him and woundn't mind us signing him but I would be carefull with calling him better than RR. Man LB have failed at Milan during the decade, I have some respect for RR for putting an end to that and offering rock solid performances.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan want Piatek and have started the first real contacts with Genoa - as the two clubs have had preliminary meetings. It would require at least an offer of €40M to convince Genoa to sell him. [@DiMarzio]

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
disagreements between leo, maldini, gazidis, maybe even moncada, who knows. :rolleyes: i guess it's between l&m and gazidis, they have different plans and strategies for milan market.

even our gae talks about that :o

as i said, it must be something in these stories, now everyone is reporting same thing.

Yeah there's no smoke without fire. According to Gae (and now the newspapers) Gazidis and Leonardo have different transfer strategies. Apparently Gazidis prefers Moncada's targets to Leonardo's which is the reason our market is blocked. Personally, I blame Elliott for not clearly defining everybody's role. Firstly, Moncada is the Head Scout not SD so he should be reporting into Leonardo. Secondly, Leonardo has a proven track record as SD where he rebuilt another fallen giant club back to glory. Neither Moncada nor Gazidis have achieved this. Finally, Gazidis as CEO should stick to what he knows best (marketing/finances) and leave the sporting side to the experts.

I think the problem is Gazidis' remuneration package has bonuses linked to revenues therefore he's more likely to favour signing youngsters who can generate capital gains rather than established players like Ibra/Cesc who won't generate a return.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan want Piatek and have started the first real contacts with Genoa - as the two clubs have had preliminary meetings. It would require at least an offer of €40M to convince Genoa to sell him. [@DiMarzio]

Wow. That's not Intrieri :D

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
It's happening

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

Negotiate it down to €30M and nobody will complain(initially)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule