Week 3: Hellas Verona - Milan 15/09/19 20:45 CET

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Do you mean physically?

On the posted formation, Hakan has looked terrible on the right, it may be better to switch him and Paqueta if the coach really wants to drop Kessie. Paqueta brings more assurance in the attacking phase but it seems the coach will be equally as frustrated (if he actually is with Franck as is being stated here) since Paqueta doesnt always move the ball quickly and likes to dictate pace to his liking.

GP has made more statements about Paqueta than others but maybe its because the team may want to sell Suso and Kessie and it makes little sense to diminish any value while they also have to rely on them because there arent better alternatives.

That posted formation is someone making up things behind a computer. Hakan will start on the left and Kessie on the right. Paqueta, Krunic are fighting for these two positions respectively.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're referring to ultras friendships, then no, left-wing Fossa dei Leoni did not have a good relationship with right-wing Verona ultras.

Hellas is associated with the '73 and '90 fuckups where all Milan needed to do was to beat them to win the scudetto.

Chievo barely have any fans and weren't relevant at all until recent years.

:thumbsup: nice history lesson fella

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Imagine having bench players you're excited to see. That's new.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
0e18458b7d63af76c566ad7add47b4da.jpg

I hope giampaolo experiments this formation one day

A 42121.. i feel like its the one that suits our best players the most

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

No way this will work. It's extremely narrow and will end up pulling Rebic and Suso so wide and deep in order to make up the numbers in midfield. There has to be a fixed regista in the middle in front of the CBs with two players on either side. The 4-3 part is absolutely not going to change no matter what, and for good reason. There's nothing wrong with it and it fits our players perfectly. The issue is with Suso and Piatek not adapting to a 4312. I still feel Piatek can adapt but Suso is forcing us into playing a wider attacking setup because he can't play outside his comfort zone.

I'm curious to see Rebic or Bonaventura replace Castillejo as I think either one behind Suso and Piatek could do a lot to improve the dynamic. Unfortunately it will always feel like a compromise to fit Suso. Hope i'm wrong.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Ur not fooling anyone. thats a 4231 ya
noob

I think butchers from Aleppo shouldnt discuss football tactics. Keep to ur meat and chicken

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Would really like to see us start to dominate these types of games. We are far superior on paper, but can we show this on the pitch?
Last season against the so called lesser teams we struggled to control games. We should have a high tempo from the start and control possession and take any fire away from these teams.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
H. VERONA – MILAN h. 20.45
MANGANIELLO
DE MEO – VALERIANI
IV: DI MARTINO
VAR: ORSATO
AVAR: MONDIN

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Hellas is associated with the '73 and '90 fuckups where all Milan needed to do was to beat them to win the scudetto.

I think we were twinned with Hellas till 73 :D

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Tuttosp*rt suggesting the same starting XI as 2 weeks ago.

Milan, Castillejo again touches: the Spanish in the trident, to understand if it will be 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3
12.09.2019 12:00 by Salvatore Trovato

It is not yet eve, but we are almost there: the day of Verona-Milan is approaching, the Rossoneri third commitment in the league. Mr. Marco Giampaolo, as far as training is concerned, still has a couple of problems to solve, but the eleven that will take the field from the beginning to the Bentegodi begins to take shape. Ante Rebic, for example, has little chance of playing from the first minute.

TRIDENTE - The Croatian returned to Milanello yesterday, after his commitments with his national team, and did a personalized job. As reported by Tutt0sport, therefore, it is very likely that he will touch Castillejo again. The Spaniard should form the offensive trident with Suso and Piatek, the latter having missed goals even with Poland. It remains to be seen whether Giampaolo will continue on the path of 4-3-1-2 or whether he will return the gunslinger to the center of the attack, widening Samu to the left, thus recreating 4-3-3.

QUALITY IN THE MIDDLE - Everything confirmed in defense and in midfield. Theo Hernandez should start from the bench, while Bennacer will be confirmed in the role of point guard, with Kessié and Calhanoglu at his sides. In the future, Giampaolo could propose a median all of quality, with Paquetà instead of Kessié.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I guess we all have to man up and accept Samu as starter for one more game. We better win.

I'm hopeful that Rebic can create some havoc off the bench.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess we all have to man up and accept Samu as starter for one more game. We better win.

I'm hopeful that Rebic can create some havoc off the bench.

All of us?
Come on, Hitch.
Just bend over and take one for the team.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No way this will work. It's extremely narrow and will end up pulling Rebic and Suso so wide and deep in order to make up the numbers in midfield. There has to be a fixed regista in the middle in front of the CBs with two players on either side. The 4-3 part is absolutely not going to change no matter what, and for good reason. There's nothing wrong with it and it fits our players perfectly. The issue is with Suso and Piatek not adapting to a 4312. I still feel Piatek can adapt but Suso is forcing us into playing a wider attacking setup because he can't play outside his comfort zone.

I'm curious to see Rebic or Bonaventura replace Castillejo as I think either one behind Suso and Piatek could do a lot to improve the dynamic. Unfortunately it will always feel like a compromise to fit Suso. Hope i'm wrong.

:thumbsup:

Don’t think piatek will fit in either

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ur not fooling anyone. thats a 4231 ya
noob

I think butchers from Aleppo shouldnt discuss football tactics. Keep to ur meat and chicken

Clearly not a 4231.. there were no wingers in the formation I posted but go on interista

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Clearly not a 4231.. there were no wingers in the formation I posted but go on interista

That formation only exists on FIFA

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
That formation only exists on FIFA

Exactly thats why i wrote i hope GP experiments it... but Brk wrote why it wouldn’t work, which made sense..

While you just assumed i was talking about 4231. Very merda mentality

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Do you guys think Castillejo fluffs Giampaolo before and after matches to get his starting spot?? I mean, GP says that Samu "understands what he wants the best" right??? Makes sense now I think...

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Exactly thats why i wrote i hope GP experiments it... but Brk wrote why it wouldn’t work, which made sense..

Im not going to buy meat from you anymore

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Only thing more FIFA-esque would be if you posted a 3CB-system lineup with no wingback.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
bonaventura.jpg

From first minute on Sunday. The outing begins.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bonaventura.jpg

From first minute on Sunday. The outing begins.

You think?

Certainly hope so. I'm afraid I've built up my expectations for him tho. Suddenly he' the same old frustration producer he's been.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Had a nightmare last night that we lost the game and Romagnoli was terrible. It was very upsetting.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I’d love to see Bonaventura start, especially after he got more time to work on his fitness during the break.

Samu and Piatek are certain starters I think for this game. The last spot in the attack will be either Suso or Bona.

Midfield will be either Hakan, Bennacer, Kessie or Hakan, Biglia, Kessie.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’d love to see Bonaventura start, especially after he got more time to work on his fitness during the break.

Samu and Piatek are certain starters I think for this game. The last spot in the attack will be either Suso or Bona.

Midfield will be either Hakan, Bennacer, Kessie or Hakan, Biglia, Kessie.

Wait, why would Castillejo be a sure starter ahead of Suso? I'd imagine Suso right now is probably the first name of the teamsheet. We're practically shifting the entire attacking setup to accommodate him. Samu is definitely the least likely of the three to start, although he probably will start.

I don't see Suso as playing AM behind a front two, I see him as the SS starting on the right.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wait, why would Castillejo be a sure starter ahead of Suso? I'd imagine Suso right now is probably the first name of the teamsheet. We're practically shifting the entire attacking setup to accommodate him. Samu is definitely the least likely of the three to start, although he probably will start.

I don't see Suso as playing AM behind a front two, I see him as the SS starting on the right.

Because Suso started for Spain this week. I was talking about this specific match against Verona. It’s a good opportunity to try Bona. I’m sure the coaching staff wants to establish a plan B to Suso as well.

Schedule