The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011/2012 Scottish Premier League title?
Rangers 4 23.53%
Celtic 8 47.06%
Other... 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-03-2013, 03:54   #1121
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Aren't they that already?
Yep. From what I've heard from people in Ireland they're probably only behind United in terms of popularity over there.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 04:09   #1122
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
Yep. From what I've heard from people in Ireland they're probably only behind United in terms of popularity over there.
They all seem to root for Celtic. But many/most of them focus more on EPL and their favorite EPL team since umm...it's not as shitty.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 08:10   #1123
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
They all seem to root for Celtic. But many/most of them focus more on EPL and their favorite EPL team since umm...it's not as shitty.
Pretty much spot on.

Premiership is in no way shitty though.
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 00:53   #1124
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Rangers 2 are threatening to implode.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 12:40   #1125
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

So wot was this ear like without Rangers in the league? Did any other team stand a chance? How many points did Celtic win the league by? Im sorry, silly Qs I know but I just cudnt bring myself to searching spl.

Signature
Milan:
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Vieri, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Ibra, Donadoni, Pirlo, Pato, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Dinho, Davids, Vieira, Baggio, Silva, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
van Basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2013, 00:20   #1126
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
So wot was this ear like without Rangers in the league? Did any other team stand a chance? How many points did Celtic win the league by? Im sorry, silly Qs I know but I just cudnt bring myself to searching spl.

The league was decided about as early as most of the big European leagues this year.

Couldn't really tell you much else - I left Scotland in September and Aberdeen have been abysmal, so I haven't been following it that closely. I'm sure it was less interesting for Celtic, and every team lost out on 1/2 money-spinning home games against Rangers. Other than that, just another season.

The big problem is that the big non-Glasgow teams, with the most fans and the biggest budgets, are underperforming. Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs have all finished in the bottom half. Teams like Ross County, Inverness and Mothrwell are punching well above their weight by appointing good managers and find good players, while St Johnstone and Kilmarnock are solid teams despite shit budgets. Even St Mirren add something with interesting tactics and a couple of exciting players.

Given all those things, this season should have been a good advert for a Rangers-free SPL. Sadly, the big east coast clubs have fucked it up.
Old 23-04-2013, 17:30   #1127
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Thanks much.

Signature
Milan:
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Vieri, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Ibra, Donadoni, Pirlo, Pato, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Dinho, Davids, Vieira, Baggio, Silva, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
Old 29-07-2013, 23:57   #1128
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

I know you're all dying to know, so with a few days left before the SPL kicks off, here's what's going to happen:

1 Celtic
2 Motherwell
3 Aberdeen
4 Dundee Utd
5 ICT
6 St Johnstone
7 Hibernian
8 Ross County
9 Kilmarnock
10 St Mirren
11 Partick Thistle
12 Hearts

Celtic will win the league earlier than last year, because they won't be good enough to have the CL as a distraction again. Aberdeen will be significantly better and may well sneak into 2nd, particularly if Motherwell lose Stuart McCall.

Dundee Utd will be terrible but score millions of goals, having signed Goodwillie and kept Mackay-Steven and others. ICT, St Johnstone, Hibs (who just got horsed 7-0 by Malmo) and Ross County will be interchangeable, and I won't give a fuck about any of them at any stage of the season.

Kilmarnock and St Mirren will be bad. Partick will be worse. Hearts will have a 15 point deduction and about 3 senior players remaining, so the aforementioned shitebags will have a comfortable season.

Or it could go completely differently, because I - like the rest of the world - have never heard of 90% of the incoming English cast-offs.

Last edited by Calum1903; 30-07-2013 at 00:06.
Old 31-07-2013, 14:46   #1129
samir10
Moaaarr Attackers :proud:

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

No one gives a fuck until Rangers play in SPL

Signature
samir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 15:17   #1130
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samir10 View Post
No one gives a fuck until Rangers play in SPL

Rangers don't exist anymore. I'm interested in this new team from Govan though. They won their first trophy a couple of months back, which was cute.
Old 03-08-2013, 14:52   #1131
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

New season kicks off in 1 hour. I feel properly homesick for the first time since I left Aberdeen - I haven't missed a season opener in a lot of years.

Right now I should be with my brother, and we should be drinking disinfectant-flavoured pints and talking loudly about tactics while middle-aged men shout "FOUR FOUR FUCKIN' TWOOO!" at us. We should be talking about 18 years without a trophy, my entire lifetime without a Scottish Cup, 28 years without a league title, and whether this might be the season when my dad's football-induced rage finally leads to (legal or cardiac) arrest. We should be meeting my uncles at half-time and, like the repressed northerners we are, stubbornly refusing to discuss the fact that this is our first season without my grandfather.

But I'm in London. Maybe I can have a latte and a brioche to mark the occasion or something. F my L.

'Mon i fuckin' Dons.
Old 03-08-2013, 14:59   #1132
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
New season kicks off in 1 hour. I feel properly homesick for the first time since I left Aberdeen - I haven't missed a season opener in a lot of years.

Right now I should be with my brother, and we should be drinking disinfectant-flavoured pints and talking loudly about tactics while middle-aged men shout "FOUR FOUR FUCKIN' TWOOO!" at us. We should be talking about 18 years without a trophy, my entire lifetime without a Scottish Cup, 28 years without a league title, and whether this might be the season when my dad's football-induced rage finally leads to (legal or cardiac) arrest. We should be meeting my uncles at half-time and, like the repressed northerners we are, stubbornly refusing to discuss the fact that this is our first season without my grandfather.

But I'm in London. Maybe I can have a latte and a brioche to mark the occasion or something. F my L.

'Mon i fuckin' Dons.
Sorry abt yr grandad.

Signature
Milan:
Old 03-08-2013, 17:01   #1133
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
Sorry abt yr grandad.
Thanks - I think he just got bored of waiting for a trophy.
Old 08-02-2014, 16:31   #1134
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Celtic 1 - 2 Aberdeen

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 13:23   #1135
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Calum where you at? Your boys seem to be doing well again
  1. Aberdeen 46 points
  2. Celtic 42 points ( 2 games in hand)
  3. Dundee United 41 points
  4. Inverness CT 41 points
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 22:37   #1136
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Thanks - I think he just got bored of waiting for a trophy.
that's what your nephew is gonna say about you too

Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 22:55   #1137
joyrider
Il Moderati

Welcome back old friend Rangers
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 13:46   #1138
General
Banned

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Rangers don't exist anymore. I'm interested in this new team from Govan though. They won their first trophy a couple of months back, which was cute.
1-0 Rangers first half of the cup...

Suck it, Calum.
General is offline   Reply With Quote