The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 10-12-2016, 21:55   #521
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
@SamWallaceTel
Pep on being told MCFC didn't win a tackle in first 35 mins: 'I'm not coaching tackles. I'm not training for tackles ... what's tackles?'

#WhatTackles
That's the beauty of his football tbh. Suffocate the team with the high press/possession game and they'll surrender the ball within 7 seconds.

You dont need to tackle when you can monoplise possession

#BeautifulFootball

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 22:47   #522
Arsene
World Cup Winner

His first test as a manager. Any good manager could have done what he has done with barca having the greatest player in the world and once in a lifetime spanish midfield with prime xavi and iniesta. at barca he failed to get the CL and now he is in a league where he has real competition. One thing that has shocked me is his arrogance. Today he said they played great. He keep saying the clown goalkeeper Bravo is the best in the world and he takes offence to teams setting up tactically and praise Bournemouth when they beat them by 5 goals cause they played naive. Cant wait for Wenger to sh1t on him
Arsene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:18   #523
Mr Delicious
Banned

Thats such a bullshit excuse. His bayern team, short of Messi, was stronger...much stronger than his Barca team and the best he could do in CL was semi's. You people refuse to give the man credit were credit is due.

You act like his style isn't what made the players what they were during and after his reign.
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:44   #524
Arsene
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Delicious View Post
Thats such a bullshit excuse. His bayern team, short of Messi, was stronger...much stronger than his Barca team and the best he could do in CL was semi's. You people refuse to give the man credit were credit is due.

You act like his style isn't what made the players what they were during and after his reign.
his bayern team was stronger than prime messi, xavi, inieasta and busquets? Come on now
Old 11-12-2016, 00:00   #525
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene View Post
his bayern team was stronger than prime messi, xavi, inieasta and busquets? Come on now
His Bayern team was arguably the best squad on paper. I'm not talking about the style he imposed, im talking about players EXCEPT for Messi.

His Bayern squad on paper is superior when you remove Messi out of the equation.
Old 11-12-2016, 00:20   #526
Arsene
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Delicious View Post
His Bayern team was arguably the best squad on paper. I'm not talking about the style he imposed, im talking about players EXCEPT for Messi.

His Bayern squad on paper is superior when you remove Messi out of the equation.
it was the most even squad he had....but there was no player on prime xavi, iniesta or messi level. Anyway he is a flawed manager who dont like strong personalities. He came to City and already decided to get rid of Joe Hart because he had too much power within the team. He could never do that at Bayern as Germans stand by their own unlike the English who falls over for him
Old 11-12-2016, 00:33   #527
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka, Elf Zuzo

He had more depth in Bayern, but it was also a very injury-prone and aging squad with a weaker first XI.

Last edited by Goodfella; 11-12-2016 at 08:43.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 00:47   #528
Congo Powers
apotheosis

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

@SamWallaceTel
Pep on being told MCFC didn't win a tackle in first 35 mins: 'I'm not coaching tackles. I'm not training for tackles ... what's tackles?'

#WhatTackles
an actual heretic

Signature
I will become even more undignified than this
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:09   #529
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

No way city has a better starting eleven than bayern
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:22   #530
Arsene
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
an actual heretic
I have never heard a manager say something like this. Either I am old school and its really stupid thing to say or he is just a genius ahead of his time.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:38   #531
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Fav. Players: Donnarumma Locatelli

pep just needs players not related to english football in any way in team. i will give him some time.

Signature

VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 18:04   #532
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsene View Post
it was the most even squad he had....but there was no player on prime xavi, iniesta or messi level. Anyway he is a flawed manager who dont like strong personalities. He came to City and already decided to get rid of Joe Hart because he had too much power within the team. He could never do that at Bayern as Germans stand by their own unlike the English who falls over for him
Stop including Messi, i've said it twice now that if you remove Messi, the Bayern squad is better. Superior keeper, superior backline, superior forwards (EXCEPT FOR MESSI) and that midfield is arguable.

Not to mention without a doubt the Bayern bench could easily beat the Barca bench at the time of his reign.

Semis. Thats how close he ever got. Bayern have had a top 2-3 squad for 5 years now. Semis. Youd expect that team, per your logic, to win the CL at least once. Semis. Just because you have a good squad doesn't mean you'll get far. Otherwise you'd never have to sack managers from top teams.
Old 11-12-2016, 18:07   #533
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
He had more depth in Bayern, but it was also a very injury-prone and aging squad with a weaker first XI.
In what context? His current situation now or per the conversation were having with Bayern vs Barca?
Old 11-12-2016, 18:09   #534
Mr Delicious
Banned

People also don't realize his style is the reason Xavi and Iniesta reached the form they did because it complimented their attributes. It's why the spanish coach basically adopted their style because he saw how much of a threat they were in that system.

Without Pep, i have a hard time seeing Xavi reaching the form he had or Iniesta
Old 01-01-2017, 09:51   #535
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

what's tackles? - https://streamable.com/f92yx

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 19:11   #536
Stitches
Senior Team Member

https://twitter.com/DanBrownVT/statu...44743520681985
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote