The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Will Kaka belong to Berlusconi?
Yes 41 32.54%
No 28 22.22%
Already does 57 45.24%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-01-2016, 11:05   #23301
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfat View Post
'Better' refers to pretty much every footballing statistic you can think of in this case - the least subjective thing.

Whereas, what you describe as pleasing is ironically the most subjective thing.
You are confusing 'Successful' and 'Effective' for 'Better'. Cristiano has had a far more successful and more effective career than Kaka. It's an output judgement - that's what statistics make.

'Better' is something with many more layers. For me, 'better' always remain a slightly childish thing to say in a football debate. Footballers will always have their own style, circumstances, choice of clubs etc. There's no better or worse.

Pleasing is the most personal way to describe how a footballer's game has affected you. I've long since discarded attempts to compare how one player affects one against how the same player affects a different person. For me, therefore, footballers are best evaluated by how they please me in whatever aspects I like while watching football. Kaka's game pleases me a lot more than Cristiano's. And that's really all that matters to me. Not Kaka's career choices or goals scored.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 11:18   #23302
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
You are confusing 'Successful' and 'Effective' for 'Better'. Cristiano has had a far more successful and more effective career than Kaka. It's an output judgement - that's what statistics make.

'Better' is something with many more layers. For me, 'better' always remain a slightly childish thing to say in a football debate. Footballers will always have their own style, circumstances, choice of clubs etc. There's no better or worse.

Pleasing is the most personal way to describe how a footballer's game has affected you. I've long since discarded attempts to compare how one player affects one against how the same player affects a different person. For me, therefore, footballers are best evaluated by how they please me in whatever aspects I like while watching football. Kaka's game pleases me a lot more than Cristiano's. And that's really all that matters to me. Not Kaka's career choices or goals scored.
Then that's a definition problem.

My definition of 'better' is 'effective' and 'successful' (given the context) because I see football as a sport of W, D, and L's. That's why I could appreciate the Italian game when I started watching it over the other leagues because they emphasized the same things. Aesthetics are a different branch of comparison altogether in my view. I can appreciate both but I put way more emphasis on the former in questions of better.

(Enrique and Guardiola's Barcelona combine both aspects for me that's why they are a better club compared to other recent European winners.)

Kaka' was more aesthetically pleasing to watch than CRon. But by my definition CRon is better. (Iniesta and Messi are both more aesthetically pleasing to watch than Kaka' along with being "better".)

Last edited by Casualista; 30-01-2016 at 11:25.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 11:25   #23303
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

If u ever play football..playing in the midle is harder than in the wing... I rate kaka higher than iniesta, because he could adapt in any system or teams.

If u dont agree, play football first.

Sent from my E2115 using Tapatalk

Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 11:28   #23304
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

Isco >> iniesta

Sent from my E2115 using Tapatalk

Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 11:28   #23305
Casualista
Monsieur

Edit: Almost fed the troll

Last edited by Casualista; 30-01-2016 at 11:31.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 16:46   #23306
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
#congo = #kanyewest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwViQxSJJQ

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 21:52   #23307
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kakŕ, Montolivo, Romagnoli 🌟, Locatelli, Bonaventura, Suso, Bacca, Lapadula

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

Ditto
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 20:51   #23308
leaf
the legendary 45

Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura

Signature
There's only 1 Ronaldo
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 04:44   #23309
Jammin
dolla dolla

RED card for ASSAULT - http://www.espnfc.us/video/mls-highl...rre-var-ruling

Signature
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 06:16   #23310
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

MLS Referees..

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote