The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 08-05-2016, 15:24   #461
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

stay strong Jasper!

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 15:26   #462
Sage
Reinmēkā

I just watched Ajax choke and lose the league against a team that already got relegated, this is beyond arsenal level choking.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 15:34   #463
Vlad
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I just watched Ajax choke and lose the league against a team that already got relegated, this is beyond arsenal level choking.
Graafschap isnt relegated at least not yet.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 16:16   #464
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Signature

Old 12-05-2016, 16:25   #465
Jasper
Maldini tier

is there a 3 minute video of de Boer on bus? Has to be. Meanwhile we are prominent in his goodbye video. Even the knockout is there

Signature

Old 12-05-2016, 17:07   #466
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Interesting development.... wonder where he'll end up next. Nou camp or EPL

He did a great job at Ajax in his 6 years

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 01:18   #467
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Lots of players leaving Eredivisie to go abroad this transfer window.. Think it's because of players like de Roon, Hoedt, Martina going out as very unknown players for low prices and doing decently enough. Interestingly enough, arguably the best player of last year, Ziyech, is still at his club.

I got PSV down for another title. Ajax too young. Will be cool to see how Mastour does aswell.

Signature
Rickaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 21:47   #468
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

First minute

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 04:16   #469
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Feyenoord pretty much confirmed for their first league title in 16 years.

They don't have the greatest team, nor do they play the most attractive football, but they work hard and have been in the 1st spot of the league since matchday 1 so I guess it's deserved. They have been through rough times both financially and sportive (been just 7 years since that 10-0 vs PSV) recently so this league title is a nice symbol of their comeback as a club.

Ajax just came up short. It took some time for the players to get used to the playing style of the new coach Bosz but once they got going, they were and are playing really good and exciting football. The midfield of Schone, Klaassen and Ziyech is really strong, they signed a good centerback in Sanchez and they have a bunch of exciting prospects like Kluivert jr, Dolberg, de Ligt, van de Beek and many more. They just came up short for the league title but reached the semi final of the Europa League which is a big feat for a Dutch club these days. If they can keep the core of the squad together, which is never gonna happen, they are title favourites for next season for sure and might even advance through the CL qualifiers.

PSV absolutely fell apart this season. All of the players who were supposed to deliver (de Jong, Willems, Guardado) were dissapointing and the core of the squad is leaving in the summer too. Going to take a season or two of rebuilding to get back to competing for the title.

Also: Mastour was a total flop, Odegaard was anonymous /a flop too. Sam Larsson of Heerenveen is a nice talent for one of PSV/Ajax/Feyenoord. Dolberg, the Ajax striker, is a real one.

The worst days of the eredivisie in terms of quality seem to be behind us.

(my 2016/2017 recap for the eredevisie which noone is gonna read)

Signature
Old 30-04-2017, 04:58   #470
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

I read. The Ajax kid, I like his style though I've only watched youtube highlights.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 08:12   #471
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaka View Post
(my 2016/2017 recap for the eredevisie which noone is gonna read)
Congrats to Ajax for another title!

Signature

Old 13-07-2017, 14:59   #472
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

ajax confirmed nouri has permanent brain damage...

i don't usually give a shit about things happening to other people but this nouri thing drew my attention as it reminded me of the death of a childhood friend that passed away just a few days before he was going to sign his 1st pro contract
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 15:18   #473
joyrider
Il Moderati

Damn that's horrible, one the greatest Ajax talents
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 23:36   #474
joyrider
Il Moderati

http://beta.goal.com/en/news/everyon...b16bc1ckobtlw4

Unimaginable
Old 14-07-2017, 00:52   #475
Rickaka
molto life

This guy was a (club) icon at 20 years old.. Even before this incident.

Came in at the Ajax youth academy at 8 years old, and been regarded as a very, very big talent since then. Some have said that he was the biggest talent in the Ajax youth since Cruijff. Besides that he was always positive, smiling, socially concerned but still fun. An embodiment of the Amsterdam- and Ajax character in both his play and personality. An example for Moroccan youth in the Netherlands who are facing a lot of political pressure. He was a fan favourite before he ever even made his breakthrough.

Debuted at 17 and he was expected to make it to the first team 2 seasons ago already. His career was destined for greatness, yet he never spoke about leaving Ajax. Fans always wanted him to play. He got more minutes last season and the upcoming seasons was supposed to be his real full on breakthrough.

It wasn't to be.

This gets to me man.. More than usual. The whole of Amsterdam feels down. Actually the whole country is seized by emotion. All the clubs, the fans, the rivals and their fans, the artists, the people who don't like football.. everyone. Which says a lot. An athlete but more importantly a boy with a good heart.

Signature

Last edited by Rickaka; 14-07-2017 at 00:57.
Old 14-07-2017, 02:57   #476
helloAgain
National Team Player

how did it happen? collisions?
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 00:42   #477
Rickaka
molto life

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
how did it happen? collisions?

He just sat down in a friendly a few days ago. Apparently he had arrhythmias but nobody was aware of this. His brain went 20 minutes without oxygen and while he is still in a coma, doctors have confirmed that he's pretty much brain-dead now.

---

This was in front of his house today as a token of support for his family

Signature
Old 15-07-2017, 00:47   #478
Jasper
Maldini tier

Signature

Old 15-07-2017, 07:29   #479
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaka View Post
His brain went 20 minutes without oxygen

so awfull...vegetative for the rest of his life
Old 21-07-2017, 00:58   #480
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

This is shocking news, I read few days ago here, but I feel like making a comment on this.

I wish everyone who feels affected by this the best way of dealing with this tragic news.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote