The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 26-01-2017, 23:10   #5501
Kojak
Banned

Very interesting article below on Mauro Bianchessi (head of youth scouting). He was head of Atalanta's youth scouting from 1991-2006 and Caldara, Conti, Sportiello, Gagliardini, Baselli Grassi, Consigli, Gabbiadini & Locatelli were all players he personally recruited aged under 14.

In January 2012, B&G asked him to perform the exact same task he did at Atalanta (u14 scouting). Donnarumma was his first big hit whilst he took Locatelli with him from Atalanta. He also recruited both Petagna + Cristante who are both Serie A regulars.

I think given his great track record and the increased investment/focus on our youth sector, it's safe to say we can expect a lot of similar high quality talents to flow through to the first team in the next few years. Even Galliani said recently there's a number of 1999/2000 born players who should make it to the first team.

http://www.bergamonews.it/2016/10/10...grandi/235776/
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 23:19   #5502
Kojak
Banned

Full length Primavera match from last year below featuring a number of up and coming talents.

First Half:

Second Half:

Squad ("Milan Gold" project players bolded):

1 Plizzari, 2 Hadziosmanovic, 3 Llamas, 4 Torrasi, 5 El Hilali, 6 Gabbia, 7 Marchesi, 8 Zanellato, 9 Cutrone, 10 Hamadi, 11 Tsadjout

Subs: 12 Guarnone, 13 Spinelli, 14 Zacchetti, 15 Cortinovis, 16 Altare, 17 Zhikov, 18 Careccia, 19 La Ferrara, 20 Modic, 21 Agnero, 22 De Piano
Old 26-01-2017, 23:33   #5503
Kojak
Banned

^^Have to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong to label Zanellato fodder. He put in a pretty good performance. Whilst I still don't believe he's a potential top player like Locatelli, he can still become a good squad player given his good technical skills and great physique. Anyway, the midfielder I prefer is 4 Torrasi who's playing in front of the defence. He has great technical skills and reminds me of Cristante. He's also being followed by some Premier League clubs.

For me the best player on the pitch is 19 La Ferrara who comes on after 25 mins in the second half. I've written about him before and he's very talented (fast, great dribbling/decision making/passing) and changes the game when he comes on. For some reason he's only played one game this season and only featured in a handful of matches last year. I've no idea why as the year before he was the best player from the '98 golden generation. Also, I know Montella likes him as he featured him in a friendly last summer plus Mino Raiola's his agent which must mean something.
Old 27-01-2017, 00:42   #5504
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

This thread should be more active, seeing as future players of ours might actually come out of here more regulary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 04:55   #5505
nefremo
Primavera Player

How is Gabriele Cappani doing? I know he signed his first professional contract a few weeks ago, but every time I see any videos, he's never in any of them...

Zanellato I thought was really impressive. He really has clean touches and moves the ball vertically without any problems. Very good speed of thought and finds a place for the ball very quickly in different situations. He is still "lightweight" though. I don't just mean skinny as I generally have no problem with that in all honesty....but just athleticism in general. Explosiveness, burst of speed, etc...those are the type of characteristics I'm talking about. He's got a great physique, he just needs some time to grow into it and obviously his athleticism will also improve in a couple years.

I thought Torrasi was a defender.

I agree about La Ferrara. he did pretty well in his brief appearances for the senior team last summer too.

Last edited by nefremo; 27-01-2017 at 05:07.
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 08:22   #5506
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
^^Have to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong to label Zanellato fodder. He put in a pretty good performance. Whilst I still don't believe he's a potential top player like Locatelli, he can still become a good squad player given his good technical skills and great physique. Anyway, the midfielder I prefer is 4 Torrasi who's playing in front of the defence. He has great technical skills and reminds me of Cristante. He's also being followed by some Premier League clubs.

For me the best player on the pitch is 19 La Ferrara who comes on after 25 mins in the second half. I've written about him before and he's very talented (fast, great dribbling/decision making/passing) and changes the game when he comes on. For some reason he's only played one game this season and only featured in a handful of matches last year. I've no idea why as the year before he was the best player from the '98 golden generation. Also, I know Montella likes him as he featured him in a friendly last summer plus Mino Raiola's his agent which must mean something.
Could be La Ferrara's attitude. He is known as a temperamental player but there's no denying his talent. He deserves to be promoted to the first team.
Allan_Sombrero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 21:14   #5507
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
Could be La Ferrara's attitude. He is known as a temperamental player but there's no denying his talent. He deserves to be promoted to the first team.
True - I remember he got banned for several games for racially abusing a player a few years ago. I thought maybe he wasn't getting much playing time due to his small physique but he held his own in the friendly against Bournemouth. Well at least Montella's aware of his talent so hopefully he gets promoted soon.
Old 28-01-2017, 01:17   #5508
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Anything about Llamas ?

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 01:59   #5509
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
True - I remember he got banned for several games for racially abusing a player a few years ago. I thought maybe he wasn't getting much playing time due to his small physique but he held his own in the friendly against Bournemouth. Well at least Montella's aware of his talent so hopefully he gets promoted soon.
Yeah hopefully. I don't want the kid to stagnate by staying in Primavera any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
Anything about Llamas ?
Only thing I read about recently is Brescia wants him on loan.

Honestly a loan to get his feet wet at a higher level wouldn't hurt.
Allan_Sombrero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 15:50   #5510
nefremo
Primavera Player

Has anyone seen Gabriele Cappani lately?
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 20:15   #5511
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
Anything about Llamas ?
He's the LB in the first half of the video above.
Old 29-01-2017, 20:32   #5512
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo View Post
How is Gabriele Cappani doing? I know he signed his first professional contract a few weeks ago, but every time I see any videos, he's never in any of them...

Zanellato I thought was really impressive. He really has clean touches and moves the ball vertically without any problems. Very good speed of thought and finds a place for the ball very quickly in different situations. He is still "lightweight" though. I don't just mean skinny as I generally have no problem with that in all honesty....but just athleticism in general. Explosiveness, burst of speed, etc...those are the type of characteristics I'm talking about. He's got a great physique, he just needs some time to grow into it and obviously his athleticism will also improve in a couple years.

I thought Torrasi was a defender.

I agree about La Ferrara. he did pretty well in his brief appearances for the senior team last summer too.
I agree Zanellato put in a good performance but honestly think Torrasi is better in the attributes you mentioned (speed of thought, touches, passing). Zanellato just stood out more because he's playing a more advanced role whereas Torrasi's playing DM which is less glamorous. Whenever I've seen him play further up the pitch he's looked very good because he has good vision/shooting. Although Torrasi isn't part of "Milan Gold", Galliani said last month "a number of 1999/2000 born players could make it to the first team". There aren't any 1999 born players in Milan Gold so I'm sure he's talking about him.

The 2 players from the 2000 born generation that stood out to me were the RB Bellanova (followed by Liverpool + Chelsea) and CB Bellodi. They seem the most composed and game ready so I wasn't surprised to learn they've been playing most of the season in the Primavera (along with GK Plizzari). These 3 are the youngest players in the Primavera. Interestingly, Bellodi isn't part of Milan Gold but both Plizzari + Bellanova are. There's also another very talented 2000 born CB (Sportelli) who's being scouted by Chelsea/Stoke who's part of Milan Gold but is playing with Capanni and the other 2000 born players instead of Primavera like Bellodi.

Last edited by Kojak; 22-04-2017 at 16:32.
Old 31-01-2017, 02:31   #5513
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Federico De Piano, anyone knows something him. Since Fossati disappointed, I'ved resisted liking any of those kids but De Piano looks like he can play.
ForzaSandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2017, 12:00   #5514
Kojak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaSandro View Post
Federico De Piano, anyone knows something him. Since Fossati disappointed, I'ved resisted liking any of those kids but De Piano looks like he can play.
I wouldn't write Fossati off yet. He's still a starter for Verona in Serie B (who are leading the league). Don't forget Gagliardini was playing in Serie B last year and look at him now. Not saying Fossati will follow the same trajectory but he's not a complete dud. As for De Piano, he's a midget who hasn't played that much with the Primavera lately (Torrasi + Zanellato are preferred) and he isn't part of Milan Gold. Still he's got pretty good passing skills.

Last edited by Kojak; 31-01-2017 at 12:25.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:40   #5515
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojak View Post
i wouldn't write fossati off yet.
lmao

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
i wrote a song about a potato, can you please listen to it?

http://picosong.com/H84h/
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 17:34   #5516
livoG
Primavera Player

Hey guys. Any chance that someone knows if you can watch full replay of the primaver match today against VIcenza?

Thanks.
livoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 19:31   #5517
massaro
primetime

Fav. Players: seedorf pato nesta maldini

Milan have relieved Mauro Bianchessi from his duties as the technical manager of basic activities and youth sector scouting [MilanNews]

Signature
massaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 11:10   #5518
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 14:02   #5519
tuccero9
Senior Team Member

congratulations to the allievi winning the scudetto!
keep up the good work boys
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 15:57   #5520
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

U16 Final vs Roma from FIGC s youtube channel
AndreiX is online now   Reply With Quote