The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2008, 12:06   #81
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

Old swim suits injure people?...Progress is very good, but not when it means you are breaking records of other people...Superior than you in sports..But you were lucky you got the better suits!
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:10   #82
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

2 sets down for Rafa 1 to go
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:43   #83
dev1L
AC Milan Icon
 
dev1L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Croatia
Default

That Gonzalez guy is such an idiot, can't belive Nadal will win gold with that average game..
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:47   #84
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

You guys just cant handle the truth that NAdal is great....Vamos Nadal!
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:53   #85
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

Congratulations Nadal!!!!!!
Vamos Nadal
Viva La Nadal
Nadal For President!
.....Gold..is made for Rafa!
...Tough Luck Gonzalez!
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 14:37   #86
inomilan
AC Milan Legend
 
inomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Default

i meant that every equipment in sports, not just swimming and + of course suits help u break records, it's technology, deal with it


Signature
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 15:05   #87
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

u make it seem that it is personal..when players work so hard to break records..and others come and break it just because of tech..well that is unfair...
i only meant swimming cuz in other sports tech has only made the game safer,more fair, and nicer,....
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 15:31   #88
inomilan
AC Milan Legend
 
inomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier
u make it seem that it is personal..when players work so hard to break records..and others come and break it just because of tech..well that is unfair...
i only meant swimming cuz in other sports tech has only made the game safer,more fair, and nicer,....
of course nothing personal .... i get your point but you have this is not the 70's or so, swimming has become harder because of this new tech meaning that your opponents are gonna be better, which is why Phelps owns because he owns other swimmers with the same tech


Signature
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 16:51   #89
lia
yada yada
 
lia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreze22
what an emotional guy

he's cesar ceilo filho or something right
i couldn't remember his long name/surname so long
Yes, César Cielo Filho.
The one that brought us the first olympic gold medal in swimming.


Signature
lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 16:56   #90
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

Philips is great, really i like him...I think u got my point..! I know we are progressing even if it means sometimes being unfair..At the end, there are lot of things unfair in the world, First comes refeeerieng, do you see me complaining?
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 17:06   #91
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

wow, jamaica take gold, silver and bronze in 100m women... since arabs are sucking worse than ever im gonna be supporting jamaica this year
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 17:11   #92
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G
 
crazy4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Costa Rica
Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I'm glad that gold and Silver went to a Jamaican and a Trini ...but now the Jamaicans are going to rub it in our faces for the next four years (Trinidad and Jamaica are eternal rivals in the Caribbean....but it's friendly)
I get it, in Central America every small success one country has it's rub in the rest of the region face (and in many cases it isn't friendly), however since we all suck at the Olympics we're all quiet.

Congratz to Phelps (and his teamates that won or helped him win like half of his medals).


Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 17:53   #93
Lisa
Super Moderator
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Default

Men's basketball QF match ups:

USA - Australia
Argentina - Greece
Spain - Croatia
Lithuania - China


Also, the US swept the medals in the men's 400m hurdles.


Signature

Last edited by Lisa; 18-08-2008 at 17:59.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 19:00   #94
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli
Default

Any people from Thai on the boards?

Dave Barry

BEIJING — The Olympic Games are not about winning or losing. The Olympic Games are about improving international friendship and understanding, by which I mean: winning.

Unfortunately, as I write these words, we are not winning. We usually win, which is why the Olympics are on television. But right now China, our new arch-rival, is beating us. Of course, they're getting gold medals in mutant events such as the 10-meter air pistol, which, if I understand it correctly without doing any research, basically means shooting a BB gun. Now I grant you that the BB gun is a fine tool for minor vandalism, but how can it be an Olympic sport? Why not Frisbee or lawn darts? Why not beer pong? We would KILL China in beer pong.

Another problem is that, in addition to China, our team is competing against a lot of smaller, noncelebrity nations, including, to name just a few that I personally never heard of, Comoros, Principe and Timor-Leste. I'm wondering how carefully the Olympic authorities checked these so-called ''nations'' out before letting them compete. I suspect that you and your friends could show up here in matching track suits and claim to be the team from, say, the Republic of Spaldoon, and they'd let you be in the Olympics, as long as you brought BB guns.

Speaking of interesting names: The winner of the gold medal in the women's 53kg weight-lifting event was a competitor from Thailand who lifted a total of 221 kgs, which, if you know anything about kgs, is a lot of them. According to China Daily, last year the woman changed her name because ''a Thai nun told her the new name would bring her good luck.'' Her old name was Chanpim Kautatian; her new name, which I am not making up, is: Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarak.

Those wacky Thai nuns! They are known pranksters. Although if I were you, I would not mention this to Prapawadee Jaroenrattanatarak, because she could crush your skull like a grape.

If there were an Olympic event for best names, Thailand would dominate the world. They have a men's badminton player named Poompat Sapkulchananart and a women's player named Porntip Buranapraseatsuk. I don't know if Poompat and Porntip are romantically involved, but they should be, and I for one intend to make every effort, as a journalist, to start that rumor.

I actually went out to watch the badminton competition, even though I have been trying not to let the Olympics interfere with my busy schedule of going to restaurants and tourist attractions. When I got to the stadium, Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia was just about to defeat Boonsak Ponsana of -- it goes without saying — Thailand. (I saw no sign of Poompat or Porntip, but you know how those two lovebirds are about their privacy.)

The big match I saw was between Bao Chunlai, who is one of China's top men players, and Kevin Gordon of Guatemala. The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Bao, because (a) we are in China and (b) the entire population of Guatemala is smaller than the staff of the typical Beijing restaurant. There was a small group of cheering Guatemalans on hand, but they were mostly drowned out by the Chinese fans, who were chanting the traditional Chinese fight chant, which goes: ''Something! Something something!'' (Literally, "Ref you suck!'')

The match was exciting for a while, but Bao ended up winning pretty easily. Badminton is another sport where China wins medals and we don't. We need to do something about this. I mean, it's all well and good that we have Michael Phelps dominating the swimming events, but we should also have a national plan for winning medals in the fringe sports. Fortunately, I have such a plan: We should enter Michael Phelps in all the events. I mean ALL the events: track, archery, volleyball, horse-riding, women's field hockey, everything. We should also use him extensively in the Winter Olympics. That's how dominant he is.

Of course, it's too late to follow that plan this year. For now, we should root for the team we have. We should also remember that the Olympics are just getting started; there's plenty of exciting competition ahead. Tonight, for example, I'm representing the Republic of Spaldoon in the men's 10-meter beer pong.


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 19:24   #95
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

I second that in the part about the Olympic games!..There are some games that only CHina seem to play good, and therefore they are controlling the olympics. I also question the Female Gymnastic CHinease team.They look 2 young , and the judges obviously were not so fair!....The olympics ijn my opinion have takea great downhill!
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 06:00   #96
David-Regal
Maldini groupie
 
David-Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players: PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier
I second that in the part about the Olympic games!..There are some games that only CHina seem to play good, and therefore they are controlling the olympics. I also question the Female Gymnastic CHinease team.They look 2 young , and the judges obviously were not so fair!....The olympics ijn my opinion have takea great downhill!
I don't find this obvious. I don't know why you claim this but it makes me feel like you don't know what is defined as "good" in Gymnastic.
David-Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 10:27   #97
Charbel
"Il Capitano"
 
Charbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lebanon
Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Default

I surely am not waiting for you to teach me that
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 15:15   #98
David-Regal
Maldini groupie
 
David-Regal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hong Kong/ University of Southern California
Fav. Players: PAOLO MALDINI, Alexandre Pato, and all Milan players; Luque, C. Ronaldo, Grosso
Default

^ Yet some more gold medals go into China's cabin today in Gymnastic
David-Regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 16:00   #99
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
 
Milanista10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: STL, Montreal
Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi
Default

The Olympics are rigged, seriously.

China needs to win because the Olympics...ARE HELD IN CHINA. it reeks of controversy...

Phelps is using a new, undetectable steroid. I mean come on. The poor guy has ADD and he's screwing all the competition. *refrain from making a mean joke*

The US always has to prove to the world that they're better than anyone and everyone at absolutely everything. It gets old and annoying after a while. We have the best athletes, we have the best economy, we have the most fat people, we have the best athletes, we got this, we got that, we got the most nukes. (no offense to the American forumers), but it gets really annoying after a while, kind of like having sand in your a-hole.

Can't they just be a little humble like their GREAT neighbors of the north, Canada. One of our athletes said, and I quote,"We're just here to have fun and enjoy the Olympics."

The Olympics are nice, and it's cool when you win some medals that tell you you're good, but whatever happened to true Olympic spirit. these Olympics show us that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. All I ask is for some humility and sportsmanship. Whether it be Sprinting, Swimming, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Boxing, Volleyball, Softball, Football, Blowing your nose, wiping your ass, or wtv you want.

Nonetheless, I'll give Phelps the benefit of the doubt and give him my congratulations, he's a good guy with many medals, I just hope for his sake and for the sporting world's sake that he's not a fraud.


Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 16:46   #100
MilanFan009
A.P.7.
 
MilanFan009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fav. Players: Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
The Olympics are rigged, seriously.

China needs to win because the Olympics...ARE HELD IN CHINA. it reeks of controversy...

Phelps is using a new, undetectable steroid. I mean come on. The poor guy has ADD and he's screwing all the competition. *refrain from making a mean joke*

The US always has to prove to the world that they're better than anyone and everyone at absolutely everything. It gets old and annoying after a while. We have the best athletes, we have the best economy, we have the most fat people, we have the best athletes, we got this, we got that, we got the most nukes. (no offense to the American forumers), but it gets really annoying after a while, kind of like having sand in your a-hole.

Can't they just be a little humble like their GREAT neighbors of the north, Canada. One of our athletes said, and I quote,"We're just here to have fun and enjoy the Olympics."

The Olympics are nice, and it's cool when you win some medals that tell you you're good, but whatever happened to true Olympic spirit. these Olympics show us that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. All I ask is for some humility and sportsmanship. Whether it be Sprinting, Swimming, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Boxing, Volleyball, Softball, Football, Blowing your nose, wiping your ass, or wtv you want.

Nonetheless, I'll give Phelps the benefit of the doubt and give him my congratulations, he's a good guy with many medals, I just hope for his sake and for the sporting world's sake that he's not a fraud.
When you go to the Olympics, you participate in it because you are one of the best in the world. The Olympics is to win medals, and as many as you can. This is probably the biggest competition for any athlete participating in it (except soccer of course) and it's like winning the Champions League for example.

The Olympics this year had the most steroid tests ever done. They have super technology, don't you think they would find it sooner or later. I disagree with your Phelps argument. The guy was trying to get the world record for the most gold medals ever, why wouldn't he try and do that. No, he isn't on steroids man, it's all about the technology. My cousin, who is a very big swimming fan and swimmer himself, said the bathing suit or whatever you want to call it that Phelps has on costs 900$. Speedo and NASA worked together to make it. Cool, NASA you say, well so what? Well the technology that they have invented is when you go in the water the water slides right off of you, making you lighter. It not like one of the regular suits that the water goes right to your body making your suit heavier. It's all about the technology these days because 1 second is a HUGE difference in swimming. Also, Phelps is like 6 feet 3 inches if I'm not mistaken, and his feet are size 16. Yea, he's tall and he has flippers, huge advantage. But not only that, his diet is strict and astonishing for some of us. Let me quote this from bbc news. "Breakfast: Three fried egg sandwiches; cheese; tomatoes; lettuce; fried onions; mayonnaise; three chocolate-chip pancakes; five-egg omelette; three sugar-coated slices of French toast; bowl of grits; two cups of coffee
Lunch: Half-kilogram (one pound) of enriched pasta; two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread; energy drinks
Dinner: Half-kilogram of pasta, with carbonara sauce; large pizza; energy drinks" http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7562840.stm
Now that is what he eats every day. My friend told me he even eats more then that, like he has 3 steaks for supper. If you want to become a big athlete you will do anything to become one, except for steroids. And remember that you need all of the nutrients you can get especially carbs because swimming = draining sport, intense. Phelps is the real deal and a great athlete.



Oh ya, I do agree with your China thing though, I mean their female gymnasts seriously look 12 years old and I doubt they are of the legal age to participate in the Olympics.


Signature

No one can touch our KAKA'!!!

Last edited by MilanFan009; 19-08-2008 at 16:58.
MilanFan009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:09.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.