The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 22-03-2010, 00:36   #1
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Default Lionel Messi Thread

I think this genius deserves the thread of his own,since we have such as Mourinho and others.

Last 4 games-10 goals!!!
His scoring abilities grows as we watch him every month.
Surely,he's goin to get the second Ballon'd'Or in the row and if someone is to take down the spaniards at the WC,it's Leo Messi.

A pure magician and a very humble person.
Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 00:49   #2
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Because I know Congo or M84 will say it.

He posseses insufficient swag to have a thread.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 00:57   #3
Cristina
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
He posseses insufficient swag to have a thread.
Sure he does. In fact, he's fizzier than an alka-seltzer in a glass of Newcastle brown ale.

Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:02   #4
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

Lionel Messi Is The Best Player In History - Barcelona President Laporta

The Argentinian has scored 11 goals in his last five games...

Barcelona president has labelled talismanic strike Lionel Messi "the best player in history" following his hat-trick in the 4-2 win over Zaragoza.

Messi stole the show scoring all three since as the Blaugrana cruised into a 3-0 lead and was on hand once again in the dying stages to win a penalty afte two goals from Adrian Colunga gave them a late scare.

"He's the best player in the world and the history of football. Along with [Johan] Cruyff and [Diego] Maradona he is the best we've seen in Barcelona," he told Canal +.

"He's played a great match, he is a football genius and he plays for the team. He is the leader of Barcelona. Also he thinks about his team-mates after he handed the penalty to [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic to score."

Laporta also praised the efforts of Ibrahimovic who he says is in good for and demonstrated his character by scoring the penalty.

"He's a very good player, high quality and although now he isn't getting goals, despite playing very well. We're happy with him and he showed character to score the penalty."

dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:03   #5
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzimoto View Post
I think this genius deserves the thread of his own,since we have such as Mourinho and others.
The name is Lionel

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:06   #6
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
Sure he does. In fact, he's fizzier than an alka-seltzer in a glass of Newcastle brown ale.

He celebrates like he cares, CR9, Ibrahimovic, Henry when he was good, Cantona, they didn't. Caring is for losers.

Edit: Where is that picture of him on the beach looking like an 11 year old?
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:33   #7
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I bet I could mark messi out of a game. But I couldn't to say....cronaldo. Overrated

Edit: just so its clear. By mark out I mean take out/injury horribly.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 22-03-2010 at 01:35.
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 01:53   #8
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

grazie kuzi

this genius need his own thread, wonderful skill and wonderful goals, and he is an humble guy. deservedly the best player in the planet
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 02:11   #9
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

best player in the world, on fire today and popped up when his side most needed him to go and dribble through the defence and get a penalty straight after zaragoza got there 2nd goal.
just shows how important the player is to barca.hes the only one scoring fro them aswell.

Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 02:32   #10
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
grazie kuzi

this genius need his own thread, wonderful skill and wonderful goals, and he is an humble guy. deservedly the best player in the planet

Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 09:42   #11
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

3 great goals last night+won a penalty himself.

Amazing

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 11:18   #12
GreatKalu
I still believe!

I wonder what he would've been without all those drugs + growth hormones injected into him. Barca's lab hamster seems to be doing well right now ... but IMO its a bit of a hypocrisy having Mutu banned for taking anti-obese medication, while Barca went the whole nine yards with their Lil Prick and get praised for it.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 11:26   #13
fiume_1987
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
I wonder what he would've been without all those drugs + growth hormones injected into him. Barca's lab hamster seems to be doing well right now ... but IMO its a bit of a hypocrisy having Mutu banned for taking anti-obese medication, while Barca went the whole nine yards with their Lil Prick and get praised for it.
I think PSV actually did worse things to Ronaldo. What about those claims made in the late 90's about Juventus using illegal substances for muscle growth (I think it was Zeman who came out with this)?

And Mutu - well, he's just mental...
fiume_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 11:37   #14
GreatKalu
I still believe!

In the 90s everything was blurry. Nowadays, every EPL player looks like a hulk and Messi goes from being growth deficient to an unstoppable player. IMO, what Mutu has been recently charged for is peanuts in comparison. But its Barca ... so all hail Lil Prick.
Old 22-03-2010, 11:42   #15
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot View Post
well messi was diagnosed growth hormone deficiency at the age of 11... While mutu just wanted to play tony montana at chelsea and now recently were planing to join top model, hence the anti fat pills.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 11:52   #16
GreatKalu
I still believe!

In all honesty, thats a shallow assessment of both cases. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable in medicine would like to share his/her opinion on the treatments for growth deficiency and being overweight. I wasn't referring to the Chelsea scandal, but I'm pretty sure the substances Mutu took in Fiorentina are nothing compared to what Barca injected into their lab hamster.
Old 22-03-2010, 11:59   #17
MilanMB
Not mad

What did they inject then? What are you basing your arguments on? If it was something illegal, wouldn't someone have stopped them?

I don't think he got injected with anything more than any other person with growth deficiency.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 22-03-2010, 12:05   #18
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Who decides whats illegal and what isn't? We don't know exactly what they administered to Messi, but we do know that Mutu only took medication that is used by people with weight issues. Use common sense and think which of the two conditions requires more intervention by drugs, legal or not. Which is why I said it was a bit of a hypocrisy to begin with.
Old 22-03-2010, 12:17   #19
MilanMB
Not mad

Some one decides what's illegal and what isn't, don't worry about that... Yes WE don't exactly know what they gave messi, so speculating into whether it was legal or illegal is kind of dumb.

You can try to use some common sense yourself, does mutu look like he needs to drop weight? Anyway, both conditions are equally important to take care of.

Messi were 11 years old when the treatment started. I don't think anyone could know how great of a player he would eventually turn out, I believe the treatment for him were the same treatment any kid gets when facing those kind of problems.

Maybe we should make growth hormones illegal from now on, or else maybe another player of your dislike will become successful.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
Old 22-03-2010, 12:40   #20
Wet Ones
Απορροφάμε

Fav. Players: Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

The footballing world, like the rest of the sports world, is corrupt. This is fact. Be it Barca or be it Milan.

Having said that, I'm with Mad (sort of) on this one.

Diego gets his first ever ban for having a 'recreational' drug. Something that has ZERO effect on his physicality (in terms of speed, strenght etc.). Then in 1994 he gets banned once again. I'm not sure how many of you know what exactly he got banned for.

They found traces of 'Ephdera' in his body. FUCKING EPHEDRA which, up until a few years ago, was available over the counter in the US and was taken by almost every pro athelete in the world! So it's illegal when Diego takes it (although he said it was in an energy drink that was given to him - very possible), then it gets legalized because it benefits pro atheletes (and regular ppl as it became the NUMBER ONE weight loss supplement - stacked with Caffeine & Asprin), then banned again because some stupid American Football fuckhead dies after taking more than he should have.

Back to Messi. From what I understand, he took HGH. Human Growth Hormone which occurs in the body naturally. His body wasn't producing enough, so he was supposedly injecting himself with it. He couldn't afford to keep doing it and somehow a Barcelona scout noticed him, went gaga, and promised to keep paying for his 'treatment' as long as he signed up for them. Not sure how true/accurate all this is.

Now here's the bullshit part. I'm not sure how many of you have noticed the sudden changes in ppl like Timbaland, Dr. Dre and of course Sly still looking fit as ever. All HGH. It's illegal. Unless prescribed. And it's prescribed in VERY RARE cases. Was Messi prescribed it?

And some people say it's part of the human body so it shouldn't really be illegal. Well so is Nandralone (what Davidz got banned for). And that is illegal.

Unfortunately this is a bazillion dollar industry. When someone gets signed up to an 80+ Million dollar contract before even playing his first professional game (Lebron James) you wonder what the world has come to

Last edited by Wet Ones; 22-03-2010 at 12:42.
Wet Ones is offline   Reply With Quote