The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 22-03-2010, 11:49   #1
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Default Neymar

Neymar
FULL NAME: Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior
DATE OF BIRTH: 5 Feb 1992
PLACE OF BIRTH: Mogi das Cruzes
TEAM: Santos
NATIONALITY: Brazil
HEIGHT: 174 cm.
WEIGHT: 54 Kg.
POSITION: Striker
SQUAD NUMBER: 7
ESTIMATED VALUE: Expensive

Quote:
Milan Keeping Tabs On Santos Ace Neymar – Report
The young Brazilian forward, who is rated as having as much potential as anyone, could move to the Rossoneri in the summer, however, Barcelona are also watching the player...

Apr 2, 2009 10:08:57 AM

Milan are keeping an eye on prodigious Santos hitman Neymar with a view to signing him.

The Santos player is regarded highly in Brazil. The legendary Pele recently stated that Neymar could become better than he was.

Sportmediaset.it claims Milan are following the ace closely but they will need to play a high stakes game in order to force a possible transfer through. Reports suggest Santos want €30million in exchange for their man. Neymar is currently tied down to a contract that expires in 2014. But voices in Italy suggest a €20m offer from Milan should be enough for all parties to agree a deal.

Neymar, who plays as a second striker, is similar to Pato. He is strong and has pace in abundance. Milan will be keen not to let this talent slip through their fingers. Barcelona are keen on him and thus Santos will likely hold out for the highest bidders.

Although there is plenty of interest from around Europe, the player’s agent, Bruno Misorelli, is pushing Neymar to Milan.

"He [Neymar] has plenty of personality and he could play brilliantly alongside Pato," Misorelli told Sportmediaset.it.

"It will not be easy to take him away from Santos, however, Neymar is worth gold and he is thinking about playing in Europe."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...-neymar-report

Apparently Leonardo scouted him back when he was a scout for Milan rather then a coach. He looks like an excellent prospect and has only just turned 18. There is interest from pretty much all the big clubs, but his agent has already pushed him towards Milan. Hopefully we can snatch him away just like we did with Pato!

Last edited by RossoneroTifoso; 22-03-2010 at 11:58.
RossoneroTifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 13:57   #2
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

54kg?

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 14:04   #3
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
54kg?
Crazy eh? He is only 18 and probably still growing, besides he can be easily bulked up though with intensive training, take Valencia of Manure for example.

Before:

After:

Last edited by RossoneroTifoso; 22-03-2010 at 14:09.
Old 22-03-2010, 14:25   #4
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Apr 2, 2009 10:08:57 AM ...Its not a old/one time/fabricated story at all

P.S: the mods should open a non Milan players section if were going to have a thread on everyone's dream signing .

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 14:38   #5
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Apr 2, 2009 10:08:57 AM ...Its not a old/one time/fabricated story at all

P.S: the mods should open a non Milan players section if were going to have a thread on everyone's dream signing .
Is that the criteria for thread creation? I didn't realize. Although there was an Article On him at.Milannews today, this one had more information.
Old 22-03-2010, 16:55   #6
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Hands down biggest talent outside of europe right now. gotta watch him to see he will be world class but i don't think he'll move anytime soon.

Robinho has been doing us a favor saying DON'T go to England (even though man city and chelsea r hot on him). his dad also has a huge influence and doesn't want him to move so young.

Quote:
Brazilian wonderkid Neymar is ready to take Robinho's advice and snub a move to Chelsea or Manchester City.
Neymar

His future's still up in the air: Neymar looks set to stay with Santos despite interest from Chelsea and Manchester City

The 18-year-old, who has been backed by Pele to go to the World Cup finals this summer, is reluctant to leave his homeland at such a young age after being told to stay put by the City loan star and his own father.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz0ivBfEOhg
This could definitely be a kid who if milan is willing to pay they have huge inside edge cause of family atmosphere, treatment of pato, leo etc. etc. My guess is hell go to barca though and probably not this summer

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 01:31   #7
Fantasista
Rookie

Not only him, but a lot of Santos kids are giving wonderful performances but I think it's too soon to bet on a move to Europe.

We have to remember he's been playing mostly against low sides. The Brasileirão haven't started yet!

Last year he did pretty well in the Brasileirão but nothing absurd. This year he raped a lot of teams, but I'll only consider him on par with what the media say when he show a performance like these against sides like Flamengo, Internacional, Gremio etc.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, he's very good but the media is annoying comparing him to Pele(like they did with Robinho) and trying to lobby him to the WC. It's just too soon to drop him in Europe.
Fantasista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 02:08   #8
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasista View Post
Not only him, but a lot of Santos kids are giving wonderful performances but I think it's too soon to bet on a move to Europe.

We have to remember he's been playing mostly against low sides. The Brasileirão haven't started yet!

Last year he did pretty well in the Brasileirão but nothing absurd. This year he raped a lot of teams, but I'll only consider him on par with what the media say when he show a performance like these against sides like Flamengo, Internacional, Gremio etc.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, he's very good but the media is annoying comparing him to Pele(like they did with Robinho) and trying to lobby him to the WC. It's just too soon to drop him in Europe.
The problem with waiting is that as soon as he puts in a quality performance against one of those teams his price will sky rocket out of Milans reach
Old 23-03-2010, 03:06   #9
SENSACION7
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre Pato View Post
The problem with waiting is that as soon as he puts in a quality performance against one of those teams his price will sky rocket out of Milans reach
i Agree ! So Buy Him Now, Go Thru What We Did To Bring Pato, So He'll Play In January 2011
SENSACION7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 04:06   #10
Fantasista
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSACION7 View Post
i Agree ! So Buy Him Now, Go Thru What We Did To Bring Pato, So He'll Play In January 2011
Problem is that right now people are already talking about huge amounts of money, so we're screwed anyway

I would agree if was the case like Inter's Philippe Coutinho and Arsenal's Wellington Silva. They were bought before even debuting on first team for cheap, and now that they debuted we can see that they are great, especially Coutinho the sunzabitch is a beast and gonna be one hell of a nuisance to us.
Old 23-03-2010, 04:13   #11
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

fantasista, waddya think of 'ganso' paulo henrique????

@Alexandro Pato and SENSACION7....

he'll be best to buy after brasiliero. There is no way he can increase his price. No way santos would sell him under 20 mil now and i doubt he can increase his value much more, only hurt it. Every kid who shines in paulista seems to get huge tag and while some impress, think bout lulinha, douglas costa and loads other who faded.

You either get them REAL young like countinho or rafael/fabio at man utd or maybe this rodrigo ely we just got or you just have to wait. Neymar is Santos' 'cash cow' for better or worse

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 23-03-2010, 04:28   #12
Fantasista
Rookie

Ganso is great. Got some killing passes(Technique + vision), has a good sense of positioning and wins a lot of balls in the air. He can run but usually plays in a slower pace looking for empty spaces to deliver the ball and is quite agile. another thing that draws my attention is that even thought he looks skinny he's quite strong.
Old 23-03-2010, 04:31   #13
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

yeah the little i've seen of ganso i don't see 'the next rivaldo' really.... but he seems like an awesome talent who would fit perfect in serie A behind strikers in like a 4-3-1-2. The way he plays seems prototypical to italian league....Waddya think?

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-03-2010, 04:42   #14
Fantasista
Rookie

I think he would do fine on Serie A. He knows how to split a defence with his passes and doesn't drop like a fly with any charge. He's objective and clinical. and by the way Santos sometimes plays a 4-3-3 and he do fine.

I certainly wouldn't mind a:

------Pato-------
Dinho------Neymar
-----Ganso------
Old 23-03-2010, 04:45   #15
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:

------Pato-------
Dinho------Neymar
-----Ganso------
he can play that deep? Thought he was only an attacking playing. Yeah apparently milan were linked to him a bit last summer... seems he could slip under radar price wise cause neymar gets all the hype

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-03-2010, 04:50   #16
Fantasista
Rookie

Yeah, the recent 10 x 0 Santos rape they played:

------André-----
Neymar----lobbynho
-----Ganso------

The goals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r0OXRTL4Hk
Old 23-03-2010, 10:36   #17
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
I think he would do fine on Serie A. He knows how to split a defence with his passes and doesn't drop like a fly with any charge. He's objective and clinical. and by the way Santos sometimes plays a 4-3-3 and he do fine.

------Pato-------
Dinho------Neymar
-----Ganso------
Who is Ganso?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 10:53   #18
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Who is Ganso?
He is a Brazilian playmaker for Santos FC, he was one of the youth product of Santos FC, his full name is Paulo Henrique de Lima.

IMO, he is not that player that we need, even though he is a prospect player but he has not that category of mastermind who can left the team in hard time.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 10:55   #19
fazrulx2n
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: maldini, nesta, kaka, gattuso

he looks ugly
fazrulx2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 12:49   #20
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazrulx2n View Post