The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 12-08-2010, 15:32   #81
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

I think he will flop in the EPL. The EPL isn't the place for samba football. He would have been better moving to Italy or Spain, maybe France. Oh well, at least Ganso is still available.

Signature
RossoneroTifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 16:06   #82
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

EPL?? ...he will be okay ,Ance takes care of his players ...maybe he is the "little extra" Chels need in Europe ...interested to see him more often and how good he really is
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 22:03   #83
JordanS
Rookie

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Donovan, Totti, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre Pato View Post
I think he will flop in the EPL. The EPL isn't the place for samba football. He would have been better moving to Italy or Spain, maybe France. Oh well, at least Ganso is still available.
We'll see, theres going to be alot of hype and expectations around him. but i agree that historically Brazilians have not done well in England. Robinho, Jo, Afonso Alves, Anderson (still a bench player), Deco, (Plays for Portugal but i'll count him), Alex (hasn't forced his way as an undisputed starter), Elano (did ok but $hitty shipped him out in a little over a year). So we'll have to wait and see.

PS: those are just MY opinions on those players so please dont bash me
JordanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 22:45   #84
samir10
Moaaarr Attackers :proud:

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

Quote:
+1. epl+brazil just doesn't click. not many brazilians succeeded in epl, perhaps denilson or gilberto silva, as for the rest>fail.

Signature
samir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 01:49   #85
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

I agree, The English game is also much faster and physical then other leagues, with such a slight frame I can see him getting bullied by huge defenders easily. Chelsea just signed Ramires anyway, That should be enough. I think Ramires has a better chance than Neymar.

Signature
Old 13-08-2010, 01:52   #86
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Santos Threaten Chelsea With FIFA Action Over Neymar Approach
The Peixe president blasts Chelsea harassment in pursuing the 18-year-old...

By Daniel Edwards
Aug 12, 2010 6:13:00 PM

Santos president Luis Alvaro has reacted angrily to news that Peixe starlet Neymar has already agreed terms with Chelsea, threatening to report the English club to FIFA for the constant tapping up of their star forward.

"The club had sent us a formal transfer proposal, which was rejected immediately. But the harassment continues. Considering the ethics which clubs are supposed to adhere to this is completely intolerable, and Santos will go to FIFA to defend its interests," the director affirmed in a hastily convened press conference, after it was revealed that Neymar and his agent had met with Chelsea officials while making his Brazil debut in New Jersey.

"Yesterday (Wednesday) there was a telephone enquiry. (Chelsea) got in contact with my secretary and asked for our fax number. This doesn't mean that they have opened negotiations. Santos are not interested in selling Neymar for any amount of money," he added.

Chelsea are expected to make a second offer of some €30 million by Monday, but Alvaro is insistent that to bring the player to Stamford Bridge they will have to pay the full buy out clause fee of €35 million.

"The contract between player and club contains a clause, that is a compensation payment in the case that either party wants to break the agreement. If they meet the terms of the clause there is nothing we can do," the president admitted.
Found this, Maybe the deal won't go through? I think if we can get some cash we have a chance of signing him. He looked like he was getting along well with Pato so thats one attraction to playing for Milan. All the other top teams are already full with strikers or haven't shown any interest in him.

Signature
Old 13-08-2010, 05:22   #87
Madskillz19
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.

Quote:
Found this, Maybe the deal won't go through? I think if we can get some cash we have a chance of signing him. He looked like he was getting along well with Pato so thats one attraction to playing for Milan. All the other top teams are already full with strikers or haven't shown any interest in him.
I don't think we need him right now there are so many other areas that need attention. Like our full back, dynamic midfielder, transfer guru etc..
Madskillz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 07:42   #88
anilak
AC Milan Icon

We need an attacker who's speedy for our team to fucntion properly.

With both Dinho and Pirlo confirmed for next year, it is important we have the right players to complement them. Playing 2 hardworking CMFs ( Flamini, KPB) with enough offensive skills too helps Pirlo to be more effective than last season for sure. Similarly having one more runner will be great for the overall effectiveness of both the maestros in the team.

Neymar would be a good buy for future, but right now he's not the player who can take us to the next level. I'll rather have Robinho now as I expect Neymar to be what Robinho is now in 4-5 years time.(he'll still be 22-23 only). Waiting for Neymar to develop is as good as waiting for our other kids to develop in 3-4 years time. Now to win Robinho >> Neymar. Robinho got a good 4 years left in him too.
anilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 11:09   #89
ladro
AC Milan Icon

We dont need neymar. We have pato. We do however need a ganso. Even though pato does play great as CF hes still mainly a SS. Having him + a tall striker like dzeko with ganso behind is a dream. Having a tower around who can score headers is important especially for a team that sucks ass from free kicks like milan. Pato scored vs arse but thats really one of the very few occasion we scored from a FK.
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 12:37   #90
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Don't need him or Neymar cause we have Dinho
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 13:44   #91
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Looks like we successfully managed to turn madtehcot in to a dinho groupie like the rest of us. All we need to do now is get him 2 watch milan games and hes finally a true blue milan fan
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 14:14   #92
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKalu View Post
Don't need him or Neymar cause we have Dinho
If it's one thing I've grown to appreciate from you mad, it's your unique ability to look at situations from varied perspectives
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 15:51   #93
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
If it's one thing I've grown to appreciate from you mad, it's your unique ability to look at situations from varied perspectives
I'm glad that you've been blessed May your appreciation for the great one continue to grow in abundance (n/h).

On a more serious note, haven't you noticed everyone spotting a bulge (n/s) the moment the likes of Ganso, Ozil, Hazzard, Neymar, etc. are mentioned? These are forwards and/or attacking midfielders. Players who would compete directly with Dinho for a starting place. Dinho, actually, Berlu's supposed fetish for him, is the main reason why these kind of players aren't at Milan. Cause make no mistake ... we CAN afford them.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 18:21   #94
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I hope this deal doesn't go through EVEN if Milan is not interested. I hate Chelsea/M******y/Real Madrid's transfer approach
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 18:23   #95
Xudong
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weah-man View Post
I hope this deal doesn't go through EVEN if Milan is not interested. I hate Chelsea/M******y/Real Madrid's transfer approach
why? because they actually spend money?
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 18:33   #96
Madskillz19
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Nesta, Pato, Maldini, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Hernanes, Giuseppe Rossi, Boateng, Abate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
why? because they actually spend money?
Because they think money buys success?
Old 13-08-2010, 20:42   #97
anilak
AC Milan Icon

All of u blaming the teams that spend money r real hypocrites.. For 20 of Berlusconi's 25 years we were doing the same with one world record signing after the other .. Unlike them we got stars and treated em well and once we buy em they were a part of Milan till they wanted to leave .. We didn't force anyone out to get unrequired players like Madrid/City. But from 86/87 to 2003/04 no club in the world has spend more than Milan , we paid more than any club in the world and at one point of time had 4 of 6 world record signings in our name. Right now we have no money and so now everyone who spend cheats their way to trophies ? I just hate the way some of these clubs treat the players.
anilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010, 20:45   #98
Congo Powers
silvio eternal

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilak View Post
All of u blaming the teams that spend money r real hypocrites.. For 20 of Berlusconi's 25 years we were doing the same with one world record signing after the other .. Unlike them we got stars and treated em well and once we buy em they were a part of Milan till they wanted to leave .. We didn't force anyone out to get unrequired players like Madrid/City. But from 86/87 to 2003/04 no club in the world has spend more than Milan , we paid more than any club in the world and at one point of time had 4 of 6 world record signings in our name. Right now we have no money and so now everyone who spend cheats their way to trophies ? I just hate the way some of these clubs treat the players.
u must understand....silvio is never wrong. it mite b wrong if other ppl do it...but silvio cannot be wrong...ever.

Signature
I will become even more undignified than this
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 08:44   #99
joyrider
Il Moderati

still he's out of our league, i mean money wise,

he would pair up really good with pato
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2010, 13:03   #100
Madskillz19
Senior Team Member

I'd rather get a natural goal scorer up top. Buying him now isn't the ideal move. Plus he's still so young