The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:29   #21
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Milan, Zidane, Iniesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
How many appearances does the kid have in Serie A?

I mean I don't even think he has one but I could be wrong, but assuming he has less than 5, how the hell can he be worth 10-15m? They are overrating their players just like the EPL these days, especially Genoa (think Criscito).

The kid seems to be very promising, but from what I hear and read, Tassi of Brescia is a better player... we had a 5m bid rejected for him last year apparently...
Quote:
Born in Savona to an Egyptian father and an Italian mother, El Shaarawy joined regional Serie A club Genoa when he was thirteen. On 21 December 2008, at the age of 16, he made his first team debut, playing ten minutes in a Serie A away match against Chievo.[2] It would be his only appearance of the season although he did make the bench for a string of games.
3 appearances in total for Genoa but next season he should be among their first team ranks.

I agree hes being over-hyped at the moment but the talent is there, just needs a season or so in the Serie A...
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:00   #22
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Fav. Players: Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

Quote:
How many appearances does the kid have in Serie A?

I mean I don't even think he has one but I could be wrong, but assuming he has less than 5, how the hell can he be worth 10-15m? They are overrating their players just like the EPL these days, especially Genoa (think Criscito).

The kid seems to be very promising, but from what I hear and read, Tassi of Brescia is a better player... we had a 5m bid rejected for him last year apparently...
Tassi is a promising lad indeed because he is still very2 young and already able to break in the primavera side of Brescia, but that 5 million offer could be nothing more than rumors. I don't think we would offer 5 million for a 15 years old kid..although Milan, Inter and Juve are indeed interested on him.
However, whether he is better than El Sharaawy or not, it's hard to tell since they're not from the same age group.

Sharaawy is a good prospect indeed but off course his not worth 10 million until he made good run in Serie A. It's just simply agents talk to spice things up, if we are interested, we're not gonna pay that sum of money anyway

Signature
People just want to be entertained, and that's what it is. Truth doesn't matter, because what's entertaining is what people are gonna gravitate towards.
Dwa Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:21   #23
Hitman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwa Milan View Post
Tassi is a promising lad indeed because he is still very2 young and already able to break in the primavera side of Brescia, but that 5 million offer could be nothing more than rumors. I don't think we would offer 5 million for a 15 years old kid..although Milan, Inter and Juve are indeed interested on him.
However, whether he is better than El Sharaawy or not, it's hard to tell since they're not from the same age group.

Sharaawy is a good prospect indeed but off course his not worth 10 million until he made good run in Serie A. It's just simply agents talk to spice things up, if we are interested, we're not gonna pay that sum of money anyway
Well - we already did last year offer 5m for a 16 year old - Fossati... so it's not that unlikely.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:27   #24
benjamin
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka Torres Sheva TSilva Maldini Nesta

Quote:
Well - we already did last year offer 5m for a 16 year old - Fossati... so it's not that unlikely.
No way. Link to your source please.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:35   #25
ajf
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
No way. Link to your source please.
it was 5-6 m for Fossati, Filkor and another dude. all from inter. but yeah we prob only wanted fossati.
ajf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:38   #26
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Fav. Players: Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

Quote:
well, there's also no 'real' confirmation about the number for that deal. Usually the deal regarding primavera players never really got an actual number, so it's really hard to trust any news 100%. anyway, Fossati is almost 18 last year which would allow him to get professional contract already.

regarding Tassi, maybe it's possible but once again we never really knew the actual amount regarding the primavera players deal since the numbers are not usually revealed.
It's just a bit weird if Brescia did rejected 5 million for a 15 years old kid that at that time still hasn't fully played for the primavera team
Just my opinion anyway

Signature
People just want to be entertained, and that's what it is. Truth doesn't matter, because what's entertaining is what people are gonna gravitate towards.

Last edited by Dwa Milan; 08-06-2011 at 09:50.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:40   #27
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

I think it was 7m for Amantino Mancini whom we didnt take and took the 3 youngsters Fossati, Filkor and Darminuta instead. We probably just wanted Fossati but the other two were given to us in the deal.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:42   #28
Milanetto
AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Nesta

for the last 3 years we signed lots of players for primavera. Butt seems that we are ready to disbalance them for players like Boateng or Criscito. Reason?

Signature
Milanetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:46   #29
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Buffon, Thiago

Its Shaarawy right? And not Shaarawi.
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:52   #30
ToonInvader
4th GK

Fav. Players: Maldini, Davids, Schweinsteiger, Bergkamp, Jonah Hill

yesss

Signature

"Life goes on. Otherwise, Maradonna would still play football. I am now the coach of AC Milan. But in a few years, I'll be back in Livorno, fishing on a raft in the middle of the sea " M.A.
ToonInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54   #31
Dwa Milan
Milan Per Sempre

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
I think it was 7m for Amantino Mancini whom we didnt take and took the 3 youngsters Fossati, Filkor and Darminuta instead. We probably just wanted Fossati but the other two were given to us in the deal.
yeah, it think there was a also that speculation, where we 'should have payed 7 million to get Mancini but we passed on him and take those young players instead. (We also take DeSole not long after that deal, so he might also be another addition for the stupid Mancini transfer )

Signature
Old 08-06-2011, 20:37   #32
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

El Shaarawy: "Next Year in Serie A, I am inspired to Kaka. Milan or Inter? Do not think"

Quote:
Through the pages of "The Day", the jewel of Padua talked about his future.
El Shaarawy dreams of top flight, and next year it seems that the dream can come true: " I am very close to reaching the Serie A with Padova, next year I want to play in the premier league and it would be great here, so I'll do everything to stay. I do not think AC Milan or Inter, I want to get in Serie A, the Padova or even the Genoa are fine, the important thing is not burning. The sample is no doubt that I am inspired by Kaka, but it is not easy back over his career . "

The playmaker italoegiziano remains down to earth, despite his young age (class '92) are not carried away by the enthusiasm and seems to point to the concrete, does not run into the arms of the great who seek Him, look to the top flight as a dream, hoping one day to walk in the footsteps of his idol, who knew that Kaka appear to great soccer with the Milan shirt, which bodes well for Allegri?
Old 08-06-2011, 20:42   #33
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
You really believe that?

I get a Massive peddo warning. This thread might have all the ingredients to become a massive one. Young kid, some youtube vids, rumours, pedofiles lurking.
Sven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11   #34
kriegpaolo_23
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Ambrosini, Nesta, T.Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanetto View Post
for the last 3 years we signed lots of players for primavera. Butt seems that we are ready to disbalance them for players like Boateng or Criscito. Reason?
Simple. Many of those primaveras are signed mostly for plus valenza purposes.

If one or two turned out to be better than expected, then they'll make it to the first team. If not, off they go as a makeweight for a better purpose.
kriegpaolo_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:37   #35
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Buffon, Thiago

Blog: The rise of the Little Pharaoh
Linked with Milan and Inter, monitored by clubs in Spain and England, Stephan El Shaarawy is a wanted man. But who is he? Antonio Labbate explains
Quote:

There was a general air of pessimism around the Italian national side last October. The painful memories of South Africa 2010 were still at the forefront of the nation’s consciousness and Italy boss Cesare Prandelli admitted that the talent pool, containing the Azzurri stars of tomorrow, was small to say the least.

Genoa chief Enrico Preziosi didn’t totally agree. With a Mediaset microphone thrust into his face, he was asked whether there were any new Mario Balotellis coming through the Italian game. With no hesitation he responded with two names – Andrea Ranocchia and Stephan El Shaarawy. “They are ready for the national side right now,” he claimed.

While few argued with the nomination of Ranocchia, the Marassi chief’s acclamation of El Shaarawy was a little premature, seeing as he had sent the 17-year-old out on loan to Serie B outfit Padova just a few months previously. Good enough for Italy, but not good enough for Genoa?

Nine months later and Preziosi’s confidence has been rewarded. Ranocchia has become an international regular and joined Inter in January, while young Stephan, although not quite ready for Italy, is now seeing his name linked with the two Milan clubs after excelling in the Second Division.

El Shaarawy was born in Savona in 1992 to an Italian mother and an Egyptian father. Blessed with a natural flair on the ball, he caught the eye of Michele Sbravati, the head of Genoa’s youth sector, at the age of only 11. Just five years later he made his Serie A debut, becoming the club’s youngest ever top-flight player.

“He’d only just turned 16, but I was certain that I had a real talent,” stated Gian Piero Gasperini, the Coach who threw him on in the 83rd minute of Genoa’s 1-0 win at Chievo. “I knew that I had some player at my disposal from the first time I saw him control a ball. He has important qualities that he needs to take advantage of.”

The Little Pharaoh would play another two games for the Rossoblu in Serie A, before the decision to send him on loan was taken. Padova moved quickly and they were perhaps not prepared for what they got. The kit man was certainly caught out, missing a few letters from his stocks, he had to misspell the youngster’s surname on his No 92 shirt by using an I instead of a Y.

Equipped with a Marek Hamsik style haircut, the attacking midfielder, who can also play out wide or as a second striker, wasted little time in becoming a fan favourite. He dazzled in his debut for Padova during their 1-0 Coppa Italia victory against Ravenna, instantly winning the praise of Vincenzo Italiano. “He has shown that, despite his age, he has skills,” the club captain noted. “He’s a down to earth boy, he applies himself as he wants to mature and grow. I’m convinced he’ll do well.”

The former Chievo player was not wrong. Despite picking up an injury which ruled him out for part of the season, El Shaarawy helped inspired Padova into the play-offs with nine goals from 27 games. He also gave the home fans a glimpse of talent that they perhaps had not seen since Alessandro Del Piero left for Juventus in 1993.

Such was his impact this term that Azzurri Under-21 boss Ciro Ferrara called him up for February’s 2011 game against England – although he didn’t play – before returning him back to the Italy U-19 set-up. Full boss Prandelli has also watched him in the flesh after admitting last September that he wasn’t overly familiar with the player’s ability.

His potential was reportedly valued at €10m by Inter this week, but Preziosi has rejected the notion that El Shaarawy will be sold – even if he is also aware that Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is watching Stephan’s development.

“We have many young players who are doing well and El Shaarawy is one of them,” Preziosi noted of the kid who has played for all of the Azzurri’s youth sides from U-16 to U-19 level. “There are some important clubs looking at him, including English and Spanish, but he is not for sale. He is our future.” And possibly Italy’s too…
http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/al195.html

Edit his name in the thread please. Its 'Y' not 'I'.
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47   #36
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fixed
Old 09-06-2011, 13:45   #37
diehardmilanist
Senior Team Member

Milan lead the chase for Genoa's Stephan Al Shaarawy

Quote:
The future of promising Genoa youngster Stephan El Shaarawy could lie at San Siro, as reigning Serie A champions AC Milan lead the chase for the attacking midfielder, Il Giornale reports.

El Sharaawy has previously been linked with Inter, but Milan now appear to be front-runners as the club's vice-president, Adriano Galliani, has been in touch with Genoa president Enrico Preziosi to discuss a possible transfer.

Milan are eager to add some more creativity to their squad and have previously been linked with Napoli's Marek Hamsik and Santos star Ganso. However, they are reluctant to spend a considerable amount on a new attacking midfielder, and have therefore turned their attention to a cheaper alternative in El Shaarawy.

The 18-year-old has an ongoing contract with Genoa, and their €10 million asking price is significantly lower than what Napoli and Santos are demanding for their star players.

Genoa farmed El Shaarawy out on loan to Padova for the 2010-11 campaign, and the attacking midfielder has been in outstanding form for the Serie B side, helping them to a promotion play-off spot.

Signature
diehardmilanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 21:31   #38
joyrider
AC Milan Icon

great great GREEEEAAAAAAT news

let him come and conquer the championds league
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 22:34   #39
av1hs89
Passive Fanatic

Fav. Players: Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano

wait, i thought we already bid 10 mill and it was rejected?

Signature
IN MAX WE TRUST
av1hs89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 22:48   #40
Duckduckgoose
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi, Favalli, Nesta, T. Silva, Kaka, Pato, Pirlo

It would surprise me if he came to Milan, I thought he was best on the attacking wing, a position we do not use.
Duckduckgoose is offline   Reply With Quote