The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.



View Poll Results: Who will win the Asian cup?
Australia 8 19.05%
Iran 6 14.29%
Iraq(Holders) 2 4.76%
Japan 19 45.24%
Saudi Arabia 2 4.76%
South Korea 3 7.14%
U.A.E 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2015, 16:37   #321
Vms
Moarrr fodders
 
Vms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fav. Players: Maldini ,Nesta ,Yepes ,Zlatan
Default

fuck fuck fuck,i couldn't watch the game but it seems like the stupid referee cost us the game.still no excuses for Queiroz,we should have win this match easily.
I hope Queiroz don't leave iran now,the last thing this team needs is another stupid Iranian manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by de nuttela View Post
lol vms go to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
oops
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqi View Post
oops


Signature

Gunnar Nordahl: 1950-51: 39 games, 38 goals
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 2011-12: 43 games, 35 goals
Andriy Shevchenko: 2000-01: 51 games, 34 goals
Marco van Basten: 1988-89: 47 games, 32 goals
Filippo Inzaghi: 2002-03: 49 games, 30 goals

Vms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 09:40   #322
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

congrats sage

just saw highlights of the match

some players seem very promising
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 09:57   #323
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

All signs seemed to indicate that Arabian football is in a state of disaster after 7 of the 9 qualified teams went out with only Saudi Arabia recording a win vs a non-Arab opponent (North Korea) and the only teams that went through were part of a group that included three Arabian teams.

It's a very good sign that UAE and Iraq managed to scrape through but WAFF cannot dig it's head in the sand and ignore the problems we are facing. The way we are decking and others are improving soon the likes of Thailand and Vietnam will overtake us in Asia. Arabian football needs technical reform. Player skills need to be honed in a modern way and players should be encouraged to play in tougher leagues in Europe, Far East or Africa.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 01:18   #324
Naraku
AC Milan Legend
 
Naraku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
It's a very good sign that UAE and Iraq managed to scrape through but WAFF cannot dig it's head in the sand and ignore the problems we are facing. The way we are decking and others are improving soon the likes of Thailand and Vietnam will overtake us in Asia. Arabian football needs technical reform. Player skills need to be honed in a modern way and players should be encouraged to play in tougher leagues in Europe, Far East or Africa.
Vietnam is slowly closing that gap and I would expect to see them back in the competition fully qualified next time.

not sure about Thailand.

You are right though, Arabian Football does need technical reform, there is some greatly talented Arabian players that either don't leave there national league or if they do generally don't do shit at club level. Only a handful do.

Too much talent in Arabian football to just not act and do anything. Hopefully they can follow Korea's lead. A lot of Koreans have been moderately to quite successful at club level little lone National. One constant about Asia is Korea. more so than Japan IMO who tend to ebb and flow. They're " Golden period" has ended going on this tournament and the WC. They have talent coming though but they don't get utilized like what Korea do.

Any way, point is I hope some Arabian football nations can build and eventually be a similar strong point like Korea / Japan. And some players can have success. Very talented.
Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 14:51   #325
TopCorner
Rookie
 
TopCorner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de nuttela View Post
Watched tim cahill score two against china this evening - first being a bicycle kick

Australian totti-lvl-of-influence player. Very awesome.
Our success is going to depend on cahil. When he's on fire and scoring we become a different team.
I gotta say though I'm a little more confident in a cup success now that Japan's knocked out, that being said though UAE will still be a tough match. Speaking of them, I've been really impressed with Omar Abdulrahman, any reason he isn't in europe?
TopCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 18:30   #326
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraku View Post
Vietnam is slowly closing that gap and I would expect to see them back in the competition fully qualified next time.

not sure about Thailand.

You are right though, Arabian Football does need technical reform, there is some greatly talented Arabian players that either don't leave there national league or if they do generally don't do shit at club level. Only a handful do.

Too much talent in Arabian football to just not act and do anything. Hopefully they can follow Korea's lead. A lot of Koreans have been moderately to quite successful at club level little lone National. One constant about Asia is Korea. more so than Japan IMO who tend to ebb and flow. They're " Golden period" has ended going on this tournament and the WC. They have talent coming though but they don't get utilized like what Korea do.

Any way, point is I hope some Arabian football nations can build and eventually be a similar strong point like Korea / Japan. And some players can have success. Very talented.
Arabian players should be the best if we developed our sports the same way the Japanese and Koreans do. Levantine Arabs usually have broad shoulders and are tall and powerful, almost Italian like. Coastal/Gulf Arabs are really light and slick, almost Brazilian like. The Northern Arab player also plays with so much passion which is why they can over achieve on so many levels (Iraq, and Jordan) the southern or gulf Arab is very creative and chaotic. Without tactical discipline it will be a circus.

Today the northern Arabs do better than the gulf Arabs because they at least take the administrative side of the sport much more seriously than before. However they have a huge disadvantage when it comes to finances and always work at minimum potential. They could also become more efficient if they learned how to prioritize and plan their development well but generally speaking there is good progress although at a slow pace. The Gulf FAs are the most embarrassing when it comes to administration, financially they are well covered but they don't know how to build a project, maybe it's the Bedouin mentality to expect things to appear before them instead of suffering for them. Saudi Arabia is a prime example, they fired their head coach just one month before World Cup 2006 and cancelled their friendly matches. A new coaches loses and then he is under intense pressure. The UAE is the only team in recent years to build a project and now they are bearing the fruits however very likely they will rest on their laurels after this tournament because of excessive self praise. Teams in the region compare each other to themselves only and forget that while their neighbors are doing badly elsewhere in Asia they are reaching the world class level.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2015, 13:37   #327
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

So its South Korea vs Australia for the final. Just as I had predicted.

Both teams are looking very good. Australia have a good build up and push forward well. They are also very strong in the air.

Korea have not conceded a goal yet so I think they have a slight advantage (unless they concede). They also build up from the back and are dangerous on the counter.

If Australia win it will be by a dead play situation. If Korea win it will be through a counter attack.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 07:06   #328
TopCorner
Rookie
 
TopCorner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
So its South Korea vs Australia for the final. Just as I had predicted.

Both teams are looking very good. Australia have a good build up and push forward well. They are also very strong in the air.

Korea have not conceded a goal yet so I think they have a slight advantage (unless they concede). They also build up from the back and are dangerous on the counter.

If Australia win it will be by a dead play situation. If Korea win it will be through a counter attack.
It will be interesting to see if Korea use similar tactics to what they used in the group stage game. We have problems trying to break down defensive teams, so I can see korea playing a more counter-attacking game. It won't be a high scoring match I reckon.
TopCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 16:13   #329
TopCorner
Rookie
 
TopCorner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Default

Just read an article which stated that there is an apparent movement by some nations to kick Australia out of the AFC. Interesting times ahead
TopCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 16:47   #330
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post
Just read an article which stated that there is an apparent movement by some nations to kick Australia out of the AFC. Interesting times ahead
They have to be proud and also appreciate a Grand Nation Like Australia is playing with AFC.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2015, 19:32   #331
G.Costanza
AKA Costanza
 
G.Costanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Bonaventura, Bonucci, Tim Duncan, Manu, Coach Pop
Default

without Australia AFC would be absolutely shit.


Signature

Big Men In Black
G.Costanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:20   #332
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

3rd place
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:26   #333
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
3rd place
wow, this must be worth less than Coppa Italia then.

Otherwise, grats


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:28   #334
Sage
Reinmēkā
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 12:49   #335
nuttela
Super Bludfam
 
nuttela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default



Great game tonight by both teams. Australia kings of Asia


Signature


Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
GOOOOOOOOL DEEEEL MILAAAAAAAN. HA ILLUMINATO SAN SIRO IL NUMERO UNDICI...GIAMPAOLO....PAZZINIIII....GIAMPAOLO....P AZZINI....GIAMPAOLO PAZZINI!!
nuttela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 13:25   #336
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

Well deserved Australia

Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 14:02   #337
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

Troisi and Ryan aee playing in such shitty teams.

Congrats to the horstralians.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 17:46   #338
TopCorner
Rookie
 
TopCorner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Australia
Default

fuark

gotta say, it was a pretty tense final. Korea could've won it, but I'm proud of the team for showing the mental toughness and character to hold in there and win it. Still buzzing, its a big moment for football in Australia. I would go as far as to say its our biggest achievement of all time.
TopCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 00:36   #339
Jivara
Forza Milan
 
Jivara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Default

Congratulations to Australia. This is a good moment for them on a national and club level and they really do play well. South Korea also deserves a mention, they are tough as nails but they always seem to fall short. It was a good level of football and hopefully Asian football could continue to improve and incorporate more teams at a higher level of play.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 20:32   #340
milanazkals
Basketball player
 
milanazkals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London-Manila
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Romagnoli, Coutinho
Default

Omar Abdulrahman is so class. He just anally raped the Malaysian backline over and over again that I felt bad for them. 10/10 performance for the lad. The vision, passing and technique was out of this world. I don't know how to put the video but here is the link. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=efA6jh-3Frk


Signature

BOSS
milanazkals is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:10.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.