The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 18-06-2003, 04:33   #21
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Nuno Capucho that cheap?!
I know it's a bargin, at the reat European prices are going the MLS might even be able to afford someone.

[size=2]Rangers Complete Capucho Signing

Glasgow Rangers have signed the Portugal striker Nuno Capucho from Porto on a two-year deal.

Capucho, 31, flew into Glasgow last night for discussions with Rangers officials, and after lengthy negotiations has now become manager Alex McLeish's first signing of the summer.

It is understood that Scottish treble winners Rangers have agreed a fee of Ł670,000 with the Uefa Cup winners to obtain Capucho's services.

Capucho said on Tuesday: "I have already signed a two-year contract for Glasgow Rangers and I am now doing the medical tests.

"I have spoken to the Rangers representatives and they told me to play good football and have pleasure representing Rangers."

from soccerage.com
[/size]

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 04:33   #22
juninho-paulista
rubro-negro

Fav. Players: Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfco
but suddenly galliani stopped being a "transfer guru"..
I think he's just playing the media.. him and Berlusconi are probably in their basement right now planning a major swoop (Totti etc.)

I remember the Nesta "scandal" of the last transfer campaign.. reading acmilan.com - it constantly kept stating "Nesta is out of reach" or "Nesta is too expensive" or "Nesta deal unlikely" etc.... But then out of nowhere "Nesta is a Milan player" comes up.. the same could happen this year (hopefully) - although i dont think the player will be Totti, but im hopeful..
juninho-paulista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 09:46   #23
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juninho-paulista
... But then out of nowhere "Nesta is a Milan player" comes up.. the same could happen this year (hopefully) - although i dont think the player will be Totti, but im hopeful..
Well..... The player better BE Totti!!!!! I dont want another one with an expired shelf life (read: 30+)....

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 09:50   #24
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4milan
Well, for probably (but very likely) the most overhyped and overrated player in the world, I'd choice the words: Real getting totally screwed...
Too bad this overrated and overhyped player has skills that ALL players at AC Milan are lacking. He would have made a difference. Too bad some are too blind to see...

And I repeat: Madrid made a bargain.

Signature

Old 18-06-2003, 09:54   #25
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_my_love
Whats up for the words of Galianai "A Big Player to join"
How about: he never said those words...
How about: Amnesia ???

Signature

Old 18-06-2003, 11:24   #26
milan_my_love
▼•Moderator•▼

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano

Quote:
Quote:
Figo may move to Inter as Ronaldo replacement + some cash
SA said that??

Quote:
He stated alright.Words were different but meant the same thing.About Figo: also suspected by soccerage.com-Its may be a passibility-As far as i m concerned i think Figo and Beckhs will play togrther and Beckhs getting the central Mid field role.Wait n see!

Signature
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever
milan_my_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 13:28   #27
David
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Too bad this overrated and overhyped player has skills that ALL players at AC Milan are lacking. He would have made a difference. Too bad some are too blind to see...
Then why don't you show us the path, tell us about his skills?

Except crossing and set pieces, I can't find any other skills in Beckham. And paying more than $ 25 mil. just for that is pathetic, really. Plus, in Serie A he'll be blocked so quick he won't be able to cross much, but he'll do fine in Primera.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 14:40   #28
mad4milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How about: you should stop believing everything you read???

I do remember reading that alledged "quote" but I don't take stuff written on unreliable gossip sites who fall so easily to April Fool's jokes seriously...let alone believe them...

Signature
::: That Which Does Not Kill Me Makes Me Stronger :::
mad4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 14:42   #29
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Then why don't you show us the path, tell us about his skills?

Except crossing and set pieces, I can't find any other skills in Beckham. And paying more than $ 25 mil. just for that is pathetic, really. Plus, in Serie A he'll be blocked so quick he won't be able to cross much, but he'll do fine in Primera.

There you go !!!! Found the path all by yourself. Smart boy!

Needless to say, a cross or a freekick or a decent corner at the right time could be well worth more.... MUCH more.... than 25 million. As for the superiority of Italian defense, well, thats another sweeping generalization. As far as I remember Man United did extremely well against the superior defense of Juve...

Well.... Opinions differ and mine is that he wouldnt have gone under in Serie A. Unfortunately we'll never find out now who of us is right...

Signature

Old 18-06-2003, 19:04   #30
K-J
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Tomáš Rosický

Fabrizio Miccoli from: Perugia to: Juventus

Signature

K-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 08:07   #31
mellanie
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sandro Nesta

CRAZY & POLITICALLY NOT POLITE MARKET

After months of pre-agreement and chatting, it seems now Legrottaglie (Chievo) will sign today for Juve, fucking once again Roma&Sensi...

We'll see...

Signature
Alessandro MAGNO Nesta IMPERATORE DI MILANO!!!

mellanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 08:55   #32
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you get that impression? How about: Never draw premature conclusions??

Quote:
I do remember reading that alledged "quote" but I don't take stuff written on unreliable gossip sites who fall so easily to April Fool's jokes seriously...let alone believe them...
Well....The official site ACMilan.com falls under the category of unreliable gossip sites then? Thanks for the enlightenment!

Signature

Old 19-06-2003, 09:13   #33
David
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellanie
CRAZY & POLITICALLY NOT POLITE MARKET

After months of pre-agreement and chatting, it seems now Legrottaglie (Chievo) will sign today for Juve, fucking once again Roma&Sensi...

We'll see...
Now Sensi will say there's a conspiracy against Roma and the northern teams have agreed to split all the goodies from the transfer market between themselves.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 09:42   #34
mellanie
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sandro Nesta

Quote:
Now Sensi will say there's a conspiracy against Roma and the northern teams have agreed to split all the goodies from the transfer market between themselves.
Well... not so far away fm true... isn't it???
It's really strange this "affair"...
Legrottaglie, after Italy game, also claimed he'd found nicer Roma that Juve teammates...

Anyway... fuck you Sensi... you got what you deserve!

Signature
Alessandro MAGNO Nesta IMPERATORE DI MILANO!!!

mellanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 09:59   #35
fbvanBasten
National Team Player

Quote:
Quote:
Well, for probably (but very likely) the most overhyped and overrated player in the world, I'd choice the words: Real getting totally screwed...

And I repeat: Madrid made a bargain.
I have to agree with Berlusconi....."There are many better ways to spend 30 Mio pounds than buying Beckham"
We do not need him here in Milan......we need a backup for Rui Costa and Maldini....
fbvanBasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2003, 19:15   #36
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

The main reason not to want Beckham is that he's more interested in being famous then in playing soccer. So unless you just want someone to expand your product into other markets, he is a waste, but that's all Real wanted him for anyway.

I also think that it's a waste for Real to have Beckham unless they play with 2 forwards. Figo is a much better idea in a 4-2-3-1 as he can make his own chances and set up chances for others. With only 1 forward in Beckham's crossing is going to be wasted. And RC is there to take the free kicks so they paid a lot of money for things they already had. If Real was really interested in winning and not being popular and making money they would have bought a defender or 2.

Official: Nicola Legrottaglie from Chievo to Juve

[size=2]Juventus have officially completed the signing of Chievo defender Nicola Legrottaglie.

The Flying Donkeys have today confirmed that the Italian international has been sold to the Turin giants.

Chievo will receive around Ł5m in cash plus part ownership of striker Giuseppe Sculli, who spent last season at Modena, midfielder Matteo Paro and defender Daniele Gastaldello.

The Italian champions made their move for the stopper after his proposed switch to Roma collapsed.[/size]

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2003, 01:39   #37
mad4milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you get that impression? How about: Never draw premature conclusions??

Quote:
Well....The official site ACMilan.com falls under the category of unreliable gossip sites then? Thanks for the enlightenment!
Hmmm.... I guess this went far enough...
I was actually "trying" to make a joke but judging from your reaction, it didn't really work. Perhaps I should've phrased what I wrote differently...

About the Galliani quote, come to think of it, I don't know which one everyone seem to be refering to.

#1. The "it's either Becks, Figo or Blubber (Ronaldo)" statement: I don't recall reading something remotely close to that statement on the official site, which I don't consider unreliable. I read that quote in one of those sites whose rumours are 99.9% untrue. So it's fair to say that I take these "stories" with a grain of salt, especially when I don't read them anywhere else...

#2. The "a big player to join" statement: I do recall reading about it on the official site.

In a nutshell, when I read What's up with the words of Galliani "a big player to join", my mind went directly to statement #1...

If people meant #2: my bad, my mind went adrift.
If people meant #1: i certainly don't want to think about that one.

Anyhoo,

Signature
Old 20-06-2003, 01:42   #38
mad4milan
World Cup Winner

Don't know if it's the right thread to put this.

Milan Loan Out Budel To Lecce: AC Milan's 22 year old midfielder Alessandro Budel joined Lecce on a one year loan, this Thursday afternoon.

Lecce will be able to take full ownership of the player at season's end if they are satisfied with his performances. - source: SA/Milan's Offical site

Signature
Old 20-06-2003, 04:39   #39
fbvanBasten
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Official: Nicola Legrottaglie from Chievo to Juve
Poor Don Fabio.
It's look like that this season he won't have his wish also....
fbvanBasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2003, 13:55   #40
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
.... Anyhoo,

Good idea ! I had the distinct feeling you were out to prove I'm a clueless girlie or something along the lines... Girlie, hm, agreed... but clueless? I'm sailing through my exams, so I can't be THAT clueless !!!

Btw, I'm ALMOST sure the Galliani statement appeared on the official site because at the time I was very busy with school and for my 5 minutes of distraction per day I usually browsed (nothing but) the official site. But my memory might trick me as it was working to full capacity... No space left to memorize footie gossip......

It's probably best to disregard ALL Galliani talk until August 31...

Signature