The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 20-05-2011, 16:02   #81
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
11 assists + 3 goals in 25 matches [22 starts] not bad for a player who only played 56% of league season for Arsenal.

3 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches in the CL. Roughly played 75% of these matches.

81% pass completion rate, 2.88 key passes per game, overall the second best stats at Arsenal this season behind RVP.

Just keep in mind that he only played a bit more than half of the matches this season. I cant begin to imagine what a fit Fabregas could do at a better club than Arsenal.
Cesc and Ibra would not work, at all. Ever.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:03   #82
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalac#16 View Post
Cesc and Ibra would not work, at all. Ever.
Oh i see what you did there.Actually nope,why?

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:07   #83
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Oh i see what you did there.Actually nope,why?
Hasn't the Ibra can't play in a team with creative midfielders discussion been done to death already? He needs to be the creative force, he wouldn't play like the CF Cesc needs to play off of, he's too static and that's also a major reason why he's balls in the CL. Pato could work brilliantly with him, can't see it with Ibra.

Edit: Or just watch his time at Barcelona.
Old 20-05-2011, 16:11   #84
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasilianMilan View Post
Is Cesc even left-footed? Also, I wouldn't mind him being in Milan, but I'd rather have Ganso.
You'd rather have Ganso then Fabregas?
Funny.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:12   #85
adriancg
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

Quote:
Hasn't the Ibra can't play in a team with creative midfielders discussion been done to death already? He needs to be the creative force, he wouldn't play like the CF Cesc needs to play off of, he's too static and that's also a major reason why he's balls in the CL. Pato could work brilliantly with him, can't see it with Ibra.

He was scoring for fun at first with Barcelona, then he got injured and lost form.

Signature
adriancg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:14   #86
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriancg View Post
He was scoring for fun at first with Barcelona, then he got injured and lost form.
I know, but when you play him like that you lose a lot of what he brings to the game.
Old 20-05-2011, 16:26   #87
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Quote:
I know, but when you play him like that you lose a lot of what he brings to the game.
Well, with Fabregas replacing Pirlo at LCM and KPB staying at AM not that much changes in terms of formation and playing style.

The minor changes are more mobility in the midfield, equally if not better passing game and Cesc has better defensive qualities than Maestro so solidarity? in the midfield. These minor changes actually contribute a lot more than one can imagine...

As for Ibra, he can just continue doing what he did this season, he will receive accurate passes and so will Pato. Both will score goals and most importantly Milan will send out a statement to the rest of Europe with this kind of signing.
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:32   #88
bliz

Fabregas.
absolutely worth the money. just imagine the amount of shirts he'd sell.
bliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:33   #89
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
Well, with Fabregas replacing Pirlo at LCM and KPB staying at AM not that much changes in terms of formation and playing style.

The minor changes are more mobility in the midfield, equally if not better passing game and Cesc has better defensive qualities than Maestro so solidarity? in the midfield. These minor changes actually contribute a lot more than one can imagine...

As for Ibra, he can just continue doing what he did this season, he will receive accurate passes and so will Pato. Both will score goals and most importantly Milan will send out a statement to the rest of Europe with this kind of signing.
Cesc isn't a CM though, I'd swap Boateng with Cesc if anything. Still, don't think Cesc and Ibra could work that effectively, one would suffer slightly.
Old 20-05-2011, 16:35   #90
Eccolo
Keep calm! Sell everyone!

Fav. Players: Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players

Quote:

I think he and Pirlo had a great understanding of each other. In my opinion it wouldnt be an issue because Ibra operates higer up the pitch then Fabregas. But the chance of Fabregas coming to Milan is very slim, on the other hand you could had said the same thing about Ibrahimovic coming to Milan if we would have talked about it last spring. Here is hoping!
Eccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:35   #91
fertygo
Battering Striker

Fav. Players: Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

Quote:

Is Cesc can even categorized as "creative force"?
Sure he send magic ball here and there, but he very direct n not holding ball too long. At least he's very different player than Xavi or Iniesta.

And Nedved can work with Ibra, and he's direct like hell.

Ibra can't work with Zidane, But I think he will doing great with Ballack.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo
"Right now it would be like betraying my history, my past with the Rossoneri. It's been a short period of time, and I'm still very close to Milan. Now it would be too difficult to work in Italy, maybe in the future but not now."
- 22nd October 2010.
Two months later...
Gattuso : "Evidently the God of money can produce miracles."

Last edited by fertygo; 20-05-2011 at 16:37.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:39   #92
ROSSONERI 4LIFE
Tu 6 tutta la mia vita

Fav. Players: Dida, Maldini, Nesta, TSilva, Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Sheva, Pippo, Pato, Ibra, Ganso

90% Barca,10% Milan.
ROSSONERI 4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:40   #93
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccolo View Post
I think he and Pirlo had a great understanding of each other. In my opinion it wouldnt be an issue because Ibra operates higer up the pitch then Fabregas. But the chance of Fabregas coming to Milan is very slim, on the other hand you could had said the same thing about Ibrahimovic coming to Milan if we would have talked about it last spring. Here is hoping!
Pirlo doesn't move out of the center circle, so they're never really in the same space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Is Cesc even can categorized as "creative force"?
Sure he send magic ball here and there, but he very direct n not holding ball too long. At least he's very different player than Xavi or Iniesta.

And Nedved can work with Ibra, and he's direct like hell.

Ibra can't work with Zidane, But I think he will doing great with Ballack.
He's nothing like Lampard/Ballack either, if anything he's closer to Riquelme.

He's almost certainly not going to Milan anyway, so this is all irrelevant.
Old 20-05-2011, 16:51   #94
fertygo
Battering Striker

Fav. Players: Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

Quote:

He's nothing like Lampard/Ballack either, if anything he's closer to Riquelme.

He's almost certainly not going to Milan anyway, so this is all irrelevant.
Well in 2009-2010 season he sure looks like Ballack/Lampard when he seeking more ball to shoot, on that time I thought that's gonna be his real breakthrough for him and his evolution of playing style, but the injuries halt everything I guess.

True, bigger chance Essien that gonna come.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo
"Right now it would be like betraying my history, my past with the Rossoneri. It's been a short period of time, and I'm still very close to Milan. Now it would be too difficult to work in Italy, maybe in the future but not now."
- 22nd October 2010.
Two months later...
Gattuso : "Evidently the God of money can produce miracles."
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:52   #95
Lucia
World Cup Winner

Quote:

That's just wrong. Sneijder came to Inter after Zlatan's suggestion, and after Zlatan has used a long time trying to convince him to join. They both have stated that they regretted not having been able to play together because Zlatan was sold to Barca when Sneijder finally ended up in Inter. Sneijder said that Zlatan had told him that the strikers play better with a player like Wes behind them, so I don't know where this theory that Zlatan needs to be the only creative force comes from. I think it's just the opposite, the more creative, or you could say football intelligent players he plays with, the happier he seems.

Last edited by Lucia; 20-05-2011 at 17:00.
Lucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 16:58   #96
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

Quote:
Are you an Ibra fan or Milan fan because that makes no sense. He was scoring for fun, didnt have a problem with the team (only that Messi didnt pass to him in return) and the team was winning - but that wasnt good enough for you because Ibra wasnt showing "all he could do"

Is that your sentiment ????

Its a team game first, sometimes you curb your play for the betterment of the team and other times you delve into your bag when its needed.
BTW I think this is you and not Ibra's thinking (so lets not start the homeboy/hater controversy in this thread)
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 17:00   #97
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
That's just wrong. Sneijder came to Inter after Zlatan's suggestion, and after Zlatan has used a long time trying to convince him to join. They both have stated that they regretted not having been able to play together because Zlatan was sold to Barca when Sneijder finally ended up in Inter. Sneijder said that Zlatan had told him that the strikers play better with a player like Wes behind them, so I don't know where this theory that Zlatan needs to be the only creative force comes from. I think it's just the opposite, the more creative, or you could say football intelligent players, he plays with the happier he seems.
Worked with Xavi and Iniesta at Barca didn't it?

His movement is too poor to work with somebody like Sneijder, Inter wouldn't have won the CL with him, Eto/Milito perfectly fit somebody like Sneijder/Cesc/Barca. You lose a part of Ibra like that because he's just too static.

He doesn't work in the CL because he doesn't move, he just waits for the play to get to him and sees what he can do from there. He was crap in both legs against Spurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Are you an Ibra fan or Milan fan because that makes no sense. He was scoring for fun, didnt have a problem with the team (only that Messi didnt pass to him in return) and the team was winning - but that wasnt good enough for you because Ibra wasnt showing "all he could do"

Is that your sentiment ????

Its a team game first, sometimes you curb your play for the betterment of the team and other times you delve into your bag when its needed.
BTW I think this is you and not Ibra's thinking (so lets not start the homeboy/hater controversy in this thread)
Well surely you want to use every player to the best of there ability? He's not just a simple CF. Of course he scored a lot in Barcelona, Huntelaar would manage comfortably over 20 a season in that Barca team.

Last edited by Kalac#16; 20-05-2011 at 17:03.
Old 20-05-2011, 17:04   #98
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

On Cesc, he is nothing like Riquelme imo

Cesc is a combination of Xavi and Scholes (though more slightly physical). I think Cesc could play in any midfield anywhere. The reason I have been hard on him on this forum is because I dont like what I see with him these past seasons because he didnt get his move to Barca. He seems to be sulky and not playing the same way and if he came here the Barca circus would continue the same way the Real one went with Kaka.
Old 20-05-2011, 17:10   #99
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Worked with Xavi and Iniesta at Barca didn't it?

His movement is too poor to work with somebody like Sneijder, Inter wouldn't have won the CL with him, Eto/Milito perfectly fit somebody like Sneijder/Cesc/Barca. You lose a part of Ibra like that because he's just too static.

He doesn't work in the CL because he doesn't move, he just waits for the play to get to him and sees what he can do from there. He was crap in both legs against Spurs.

Well surely you want to use every player to the best of there ability? He's not just a simple CF. Of course he scored a lot in Barcelona, Huntelaar would manage comfortably over 20 a season in that Barca team.
I agree with your analysis but then your deduction loses me. His movement is poor and we wouldnt win CL with him - agree

So why would you be against filling the team out for us to win CL if it would diminish Ibra's qualities but allow him to score more and obtain a trophy he hasnt won.

You know Ibra would stil be in Barca if Pep and Messi werent so "small"

Hunter would prob score 40 if they passed him the ball - poor Villa
Old 20-05-2011, 17:14   #100
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
I agree with your analysis but then your deduction loses me. His movement is poor and we wouldnt win CL with him - agree

So why would you be against filling the team out for us to win CL if it would diminish Ibra's qualities but allow him to score more and obtain a trophy he hasnt won.

You know Ibra would stil be in Barca if Pep and Messi werent so "small"

Hunter would prob score 40 if they passed him the ball - poor Villa
My point was that Ibra would have to go IF somebody as good as Fabregas became available, however they're not likely to so for now, just hope the current system finally clicks for him, it can but he's likely too full of himself to listen to his criticisms.