The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the EPL title this year?
Manchester City 29 27.62%
Chelsea 49 46.67%
Arsenal 2 1.90%
Manchester United 12 11.43%
Liverpool 6 5.71%
Other 7 6.67%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2011, 14:40   #21
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan View Post
EPL is dominant. Serie A is behind the times and aimed at backwards people
Regardless of who it's "aimed at" I still enjoy it more. The gameplay the passion the fans, it's far more entertaining than the Premiership for me. Too many teams in the EPL have the Bolton "let's kick the fuck out of you and the ball tactic because we dont really have anyone who can play football in our squads" then you have fans creating fuck all atmosphere even when sold out (Arsenal, ManUtd).

In Serie A the game is slower but I think anyone would be foolish to not admit this allows for far more skill and impressive goals and team play, not all based on kick and run. Then the fans, when a team wins a title, be it for the first or the twenty first time, they go absolutely crazy, fill the streets with people, cars, mopeds, flags, flares, fireworks, beeping horns left right and centre... I only need quote the FA Cup's most recent victors to show the difference.

Then, rivalries, ohhh the rivalries. Manchester United - Liverpool? Fuck off, Genoa held a frigging funeral for Sampdoria!

Signature
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 14:48   #22
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giova21 View Post
Regardless of who it's "aimed at" I still enjoy it more. The gameplay the passion the fans, it's far more entertaining than the Premiership for me. Too many teams in the EPL have the Bolton "let's kick the fuck out of you and the ball tactic because we dont really have anyone who can play football in our squads" then you have fans creating fuck all atmosphere even when sold out (Arsenal, ManUtd).

In Serie A the game is slower but I think anyone would be foolish to not admit this allows for far more skill and impressive goals and team play, not all based on kick and run. Then the fans, when a team wins a title, be it for the first or the twenty first time, they go absolutely crazy, fill the streets with people, cars, mopeds, flags, flares, fireworks, beeping horns left right and centre... I only need quote the FA Cup's most recent victors to show the difference.

Then, rivalries, ohhh the rivalries. Manchester United - Liverpool? Fuck off, Genoa held a frigging funeral for Sampdoria!

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 14:51   #23
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Quote:

Yeah yeah but those 2 throw faeces at each other!!! Now that has to account for something... they hate each other so much they revert back a few steps in the evolutionary tree. Now that is rivalry!

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 14:52   #24
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
Yeah yeah but those 2 throw faeces at each other!!! Now that has to account for something... they hate each other so much they revert back a few steps in the evolutionary tree. Now that is rivalry!
Just shows how true a rivalry it is, that it becomes them.

Signature
Old 12-07-2011, 16:49   #25
OneUnited

Quote:
Genoa held a frigging funeral for Sampdoria!
Italians being ostentatious shocker.
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:35   #26
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

I'm amazed that anyone took that serious...

The atmosphere in the EPL is better than Italy (and Spain). If you don't believe me, look for quotes on players that have played in various leagues.

I went to Milan/Juve in 03 and the whistling is extremely loud, the colours are great, but in terms of fan interation it's nothing compared to atmosphere's in the UK, where you'll often find supporters screaming for a corner kick

Anyone who thinks Bolton still play the "kick you off the pitch" style is ignorant and clearly hasn't watched them in a long time. They play some good stuff.

Quote:
Just shows how true a rivalry it is, that it becomes them.
United fans don't throw shit. Please, if you're going to argue, then atleast know what the fook you're talking about.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:42   #27
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:

The atmosphere in the EPL is better than Italy (and Spain). If you don't believe me, look for quotes on players that have played in various leagues.

I went to Milan/Juve in 03 and the whistling is extremely loud, the colours are great, but in terms of fan interation it's nothing compared to atmosphere's in the UK, where you'll often find supporters screaming for a corner kick

Anyone who thinks Bolton still play the "kick you off the pitch" style is ignorant and clearly hasn't watched them in a long time. They play some good stuff.

United fans don't throw shit. Please, if you're going to argue, then atleast know what the fook you're talking about.
Are you serious? You are judging fan atmosphere in Italy based on a CL Final you watched IN the U.K?

If anything, it proves how dull the U.K. actually is, especially considering almost half of the crowd who attended were from the U.K.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:54   #28
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

cmon man utd fan.... nuetral site games out of country are always lame in terms of atmosphere

I've been to both serie a and EPL games. English sing more. Which is hardly a sign of 'cheering louder'. Just a sign of questionable sexual preference in IMO. Men singing songs about other men... ehhhhhh

I've actually found Serie A games to be more profain, lol.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 19:05   #29
Gio

Quote:

I was using it as an example that everyone is familiar with, a tactic many teams still adopt: Wolves, Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn.

As for the CL final in 03, was that not based on the fact it was such a dire, dull (as a result of both team's excellent defending) match? If not fair enough but I'm sure that must have had an effect upon it.

I've watched plenty of games this season in Serie A, and been to three (at San Siro) where the fans noise is incessant regardless of the attendance figures. Then at the very top end of the scale you have the likes of the Partenopei faithful who take 10,000 fans to Bologna and turn it into a home game, then the atmosphere in the 4-3 with Lazio was just incredible, nothing the likes of which I've seen in the Premiership.

Signature
Old 12-07-2011, 19:10   #30
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
Corinthians make Ł35m offer for Manchester City's Carlos Tevez
• Return to old club in Brazil may suit Argentinian
• Twenty-seven-year-old wants to be closer to his family

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...y-carlos-tevez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footiefan View Post
Carlos Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian claims a deal to take the Manchester City captain back to Corinthians is "close" and that the player is helping drive the deal.
There's other news around that what Corinthians really offered was a one-year loan, like Robinho deal to Santos. Seems more realistic.

Anyway, Kia, MSI and all these shady people and groups, connected with Boris Berezovsky, have a close relationship with Corinthians and Tévez, so one can't rule out they are putting money on this.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 19:12   #31
neutral
AC Milan Legend

In light of the recent debate, i feel the need to post this again

Signature
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 19:47   #32
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

BPL my ass.

But in all honest i don't see UK people scared at attend to games...

Well you can see now how much rivalry, and hate to each other was/is...

Killing, killing, killing...

Italy can go Crazy...

English fan are so lame compared to Italians, sorry... I've been to BPL game... Man Utd - Liverpool 2006...

And just in TV i found more Thrill in game like "Milan-Inter" or "Milan-Juventus"

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 19:54   #33
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

So, killing shows rivalry? It show how still behind we are.

EPL is great, but so is Serie A. They are two very different leagues and thus have different style of games. It depends on each person personal's taste...I for one watch both. It should be noted that in Serie A's worse time ..it has won 2 CLs.

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:04   #34
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Serie A is stone aged shit.. an excuse for warlike men to go rampant ... Football used to be good years ago.. degraded into shit on and off the field, financially and socailly its in a bad shape.

England has an excellent footballing environment but what they sell is not football, its athletes handling a ball,

Spain is unbalanced

Lets see whether germans can create a serie a of yesteryears in their back ground, they have the quality and finance They need time
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:10   #35
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

It's pretty similar to arguing about rock vs pop or stuff like that. Two completely different styles - Serie A is for the tactically inclined and EPL for those who like fast-paced less cerebral football.

But it's rather silly to claim that the atmosphere in England is even close to that in Italy. (Songs are only a tiny part of the picture) Which is due to more ultra-types being there in the Serie A stadiums of course, so you can condemn that or not. Personal preference.

Would rather see a mixture of both, not an expensive family show nor a slightly dangerous ultra-dominated situation. Germany probably has a better mix than either.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:19   #36
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Germany get's the title for me today.

In the case of Attend, Stadiums and environment:

1. Germany
2. England
3. Spain
4. Italy

In case of the best teams with Histories, Biggest amount of big teams.

1. Italy
2. England
3. Spain
4. Germany

In case of the today best teams.

1. England
2. Spain
3. Italy
4. Germany

Signature
Old 12-07-2011, 20:20   #37
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish View Post
Serie A is stone aged shit.. an excuse for warlike men to go rampant ... Football used to be good years ago.. degraded into shit on and off the field, financially and socailly its in a bad shape.
I have a different theory on it. Serie A is stone age cause of finances mostly. Today the van basten's desailley's of there time would go to epl cause of money.

Serie A teams have been forced to try to find players otherways....
be it finding a steal like players from regions less scouted, take advantage of market opportunitieS (like zlatan/robinho... or etoo/sneijder or... huntelaar ), or using older players with class and attempting to scheme a way to make up for there declining physical nature.

It's all tied back to money

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:33   #38
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Are you serious? You are judging fan atmosphere in Italy based on a CL Final you watched IN the U.K?

If anything, it proves how dull the U.K. actually is, especially considering almost half of the crowd who attended were from the U.K.
No it wasn't. Not at all. The fact majority were Italian. When I walked outside OT there were huge groups singing songs in Italian. Don't forget prices were nowhere near as expensive then. Good comparison from a United POV is the 99 final vs the 11 final. For the record, Italian referee Colina said that that was his best memory ever because of the noise the United fans made.

Quote:
I was using it as an example that everyone is familiar with, a tactic many teams still adopt: Wolves, Wigan, Stoke, Blackburn.

As for the CL final in 03, was that not based on the fact it was such a dire, dull (as a result of both team's excellent defending) match? If not fair enough but I'm sure that must have had an effect upon it.

I've watched plenty of games this season in Serie A, and been to three (at San Siro) where the fans noise is incessant regardless of the attendance figures. Then at the very top end of the scale you have the likes of the Partenopei faithful who take 10,000 fans to Bologna and turn it into a home game, then the atmosphere in the 4-3 with Lazio was just incredible, nothing the likes of which I've seen in the Premiership.
You can argue with me about San Siro vs OT, but United's away fans are amazing. Best in the country. United have always taken huge numbers to away games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlMc...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m0n8...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskpfpuEGf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb77jvyly2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSS-D...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_qcn...eature=related

I'm not trying to blow United's horn here, there's plenty of teams who are similar (Nothing in Serie A can compare to Stoke - they have the best home support). Spurs and Newcastle also have an excellent away support.

United fans at San Siro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzRn1ECh2_0
And http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm9YM...eature=related

If you're talking about colour, then Anfield is hard to beat (sadly): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw

Liverpool fans were louder than Milan fans in both your finals. At the end of the 07 final all you could hear was YNWA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2jg9...eature=related

Half time in Istanbul, 3-0 down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8CEh...eature=related

I feel dirty...

British football can't compete with the atmosphere OUTSIDE the stadium though. The days of 25 thousand people walking to a match at the other end of the country are long gone.

Last edited by manutd fan; 12-07-2011 at 20:37.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:38   #39
OneUnited

Really, what the fuck is the 'BPL'?
OneUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:43   #40
Dottore Joey
Vice

Barclays Premier League. You should know that.

Signature