The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:48   #21
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
And you think expanding the core structure of the San Siro is going to be cheap compared to a new one?Btw the 20 new shops around the San Siro line was just an expression,i know we already have merchandise boutiques around.

I was talking about restaurants and so on within or annexed to the San Siro if were talking expanding.
Yes, I think extensions to the existing structure would be cheaper than building a new stadium from foundation up. That's what I asked you in my first reply.. Why do you think it will only 20% more expensive for a fresh construction?
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:00   #22
Bunnee
AC Milan Icon

Buy San Siro, demolish it and make apartments. Highbury style

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
I know the real talents because I watch vids/read news.
Bunnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:32   #23
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
The thing that bothers me with San Siro is the colors of the seats. It would be really awesome if all the seats were bright red like Emirates or Wembley. The orange, green and blue seats makes it look unfresh.

But this won't happen as long as we're sharing it with Merda.
If it must be shared, they should make the curva sud seats red, the curva nord seats blue and all the others black.

The only problem with San siro as a stadium is the access within it, the steps up the first two tiers are in tiny narrow columns that get congested now and then and are very dirty, claustrophobic and the biggest reminder of just how old the stadium is. The spiral towers to access the top tier are just brilliant, and if you dont want to walk around for ten minutes to get up they also have stairs through the centre of the towers but again they're very cramped.

The thing is though, once you're inside and that place is rocking, flares flags and flyers going off and the noise, especially at night, its an awe-inspiring place and I really dont think another allianz-style stadium with milan's livery splashed across it just wouldn't come anywhere near it for the effect it has on you.

Signature
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:36   #24
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giova21 View Post
The only problem with San siro as a stadium is the access within it, the steps up the first two tiers are in tiny narrow columns that get congested now and then and are very dirty, claustrophobic and the biggest reminder of just how old the stadium is. The spiral towers to access the top tier are just brilliant, and if you dont want to walk around for ten minutes to get up they also have stairs through the centre of the towers but again they're very cramped.
Exactly. This is the biggest issue that should be sorted out. It really resembles old decrepit stadiums - Access needs to be modernized in terms of looks and ease.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:42   #25
Gio

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9

Have you been necro? Itd be impossible to actually revamp the access to the first two tiers as they are within solid concrete structures that support the stands, it looks like they'd have to shut down a stand by stand as they revamp it, I dont really know much about construction but logic dictates itd be a very difficult procedure for sure.

Signature
Old 05-08-2011, 13:29   #26
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Have you been necro? Itd be impossible to actually revamp the access to the first two tiers as they are within solid concrete structures that support the stands, it looks like they'd have to shut down a stand by stand as they revamp it, I dont really know much about construction but logic dictates itd be a very difficult procedure for sure.
Yes, back in 08.

Dunno about construction either, but I reckon they can reduce the capacity by 10-15,000 and use the space to possibly modify access. It'll require imaginative planning, that's for sure. Possibly the 2nd tier access can be through the 3rd tier. But that's not viable for tier 1.
Old 05-08-2011, 16:09   #27
Gio

So going up through the spirals to then go down? I dunno about capacity reduction because it still fills on the big nights for both teams...

Signature
Old 05-08-2011, 16:22   #28
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Quote:
So going up through the spirals to then go down? I dunno about capacity reduction because it still fills on the big nights for both teams...
70,000 is still a big crowd. For Serie A, only about 3-4 matches a season are full? The rest are 50k or so. 30k empty seats isn't exactly nice, on some nights we only hit 13k. Reducing the capacity, and raising the price a couple of dollars, I think that will do.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 16:27   #29
milanista1899
Solo Milan

I think i read somewhere that initially the San Siro had a capacity of 150,000..something close to this figure..It gradually got reduced to what it is now..Not sure how true it is..Dont remember where i read it also..Correct me if i'm wrong..
milanista1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 16:46   #30
benjamin
李勇鸿

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanista1899 View Post
I think i read somewhere that initially the San Siro had a capacity of 150,000..something close to this figure..It gradually got reduced to what it is now..Not sure how true it is..Dont remember where i read it also..Correct me if i'm wrong..
That was the standing capacity. Until the stadium disaster, Uefa banned people from standing, which reduced the capacity of all stadiums.
Old 05-08-2011, 17:53   #31
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Yes, going up and down for tier 2 is what I thought, but again, I know next to nothing about stadium design and construction. So not gonna speculate.

Capacity reduction is also tricky, true.
Old 05-08-2011, 19:15   #32
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

We certainly need our own stadium if we are going to compete at the highest level in the next 10 years.

I dont mind if we stay at the San Siro or move it is just vital to own a stadium.

The area around the San Siro is a bit of a dump so moving to a nicer part of town wouldnt be a bad thing.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 19:22   #33
sanzen
Banned

It is quite obvious that italian teams need to own their own stadiums, but the government will not comply because they gain too much revenue through taxes. If they could reach a settlement for TV rights as well as taxes on the stadiums, things would look a lot brighter. People say it will be another 5 years before laws are passed in the club's favor, but im optimistic so I say 2-3 years.
sanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 21:33   #34
RollingPapers
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel

Berlu do something you own Italy!
RollingPapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 21:34   #35
deepa_316
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Papa Slivio

owning stadiums are a must now, but i hope we never leave san siro.
deepa_316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:39   #36
ManU sux
World Cup Winner

Are there any chinee eateries at the san siro?
ManU sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:18   #37
benjamin
李勇鸿

Just build a new stadium. FIGC paid in part for Juventus's new stadium
Old 11-08-2011, 13:06   #38
Serno91
Cassanata

Fav. Players: From AC Milan

If Inter doesn't leave San Siro, and Milan fails to buy the rights, then why not build our own stadium? Time is running out, no one is doing something. I only hear Galliani's whining, blah blah blah. Berlu is supposed to be the president (+ of Italy). I know he is dealing with the country's economic problems right now, but ffs in that position, he could at least give a helping hand or maybe he doesn't want a change afterall...
Berlu has done everything for the club, he is a legend. I just wish he was out from the politics and start focusing on Milan/his company (as everyone know Fininvest still needs to pay for a huge payment). Everything is under control, but we need financial success (revenue, sales and etc), which again means constructing a stadium. Our Milan is one of the richest and most supported team, so being in such a situation is already a shame. Take action now or suffer, that's the only thing I have to say. Serie A is already falling behind EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga, I believe even other shitty leagues are doing better than this.
Look on Juventus, Roma and other Italian teams, all of them are going in the right path, getting their own stadiums. Why can't Milan start doing the same and not wasting any more time on this issue?

Signature
Serno91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 12:56   #39
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

@matthew_barker Matt Barker
#Milan & #Inter approve plan for San Siro "restyling", including removal of fencing by 2012/13. Just need to persuade local council now...

http://twitter.com/#!/matthew_barker...97588451131394

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 13:06   #40
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
@matthew_barker Matt Barker
#Milan & #Inter approve plan for San Siro "restyling", including removal of fencing by 2012/13. Just need to persuade local council now...

http://twitter.com/#!/matthew_barker...97588451131394
Let us see that as an official statement, we have to host the CL Final in couple of years.
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote