The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Will Zlatan finally win the Champions League in 2012-2013?
Yes, the real one. 34 15.53%
Yes, on PS/XBOX/PC. 112 51.14%
No, neither of them. 73 33.33%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-11-2013, 23:17   #11321
Pharaoh
Banned

Fav. Players: Stephan-El-Shaarawy, Balotelli, Ronaldo(CR7), Kaka, and Buffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboybjörn View Post
I think ibra is up there and dont find it as a blaspemy to say so regardless of what you think.

And to say sweden is an inferior team is blasphemy??? its a know fact ffs. Did you even watch the game. You think portugal 10 men without ronaldo would loose to sweden 10 men without ibra? Yeah right...
My point was its IRRELEVANT to the discussion whether not sweden sucks vs portugal when you try to compare ronaldo and ibra. Ronaldo had 57 goals excluding national team. Ibra had 36. With international games its 62 and 47 respectively. Did i mention ibras in a much shittir league?
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:19   #11322
Madridista
Disco

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco

Ronaldo has everything Ibra does plus more. He was more flamboyant back in his Manchester days, but now hes more goal oriented. Anyway Ronaldo has much more variety than Messi.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:21   #11323
Pharaoh
Banned

Before some of you pull the "he helps out the team in other ways but scoring" arguement out of your ass. Ibra had 18 assists and ronaldo 14. Ronaldo is pumping out nearly the same assists while have a shit ton more goals than ibra in virtually everything.

A CLASS ABOVE. Ive got no problem agreeing to the fact ibra is the 3rd best goal scorer but to say hes better or equal to ronaldo is absurd
Old 19-11-2013, 23:22   #11324
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

No shame in being third behind messi and cr... two of the best players ever.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:27   #11325
badboybjörn
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Ronaldo has everything Ibra does plus more. He was more flamboyant back in his Manchester days, but now hes more goal oriented. Anyway Ronaldo has much more variety than Messi.
No he doesent. I think ronaldo is a great player but that statement is just flat out wrong.
badboybjörn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:28   #11326
Pharaoh
Banned

And for any other nay-sayers who are stil adamant.

Ronaldo in la liga had 34 goals in 30 apps. That BREAKS the apps:goals ratio and is equal when you add in subs. Ibra had 33 apps and 30 goals,34 apps if you add in subs. Again,in a much shittier league.

Ok,think spainish teams are equal or worse than french teams? Lets check CL.

Ronaldo had 12 goals in 12 apps,basically scoring every ucl game. Ibra had 3 goals and 7 assists in 9 apps,impressive but falls short.
Old 19-11-2013, 23:30   #11327
Madridista
Disco

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco

Quote:
No he doesent. I think ronaldo is a great player but that statement is just flat out wrong.
What does Zlatan have that Cristiano doesnt? Ronaldo is basically a fast Zlatan. Zlatans a great player, but come on.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 19-11-2013, 23:32   #11328
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

cr7 has also better in game stats than Real ronaldo?. does that mean he is better than him? ... NO!
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:34   #11329
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
Agreed. There are thing Ibra does on a football pitch, i believe no other player is capable of.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:36   #11330
Pharaoh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
cr7 has also better in game stats than Real ronaldo?. does that mean he is better than him? ... NO!
Yep,i was waiting for this arguement,when stats dont go your way,you use other methods to try and win the arguement.

Messi is the worlds best player and the best in football,ronaldo is a RIVAL to THE BEST PLAYER EVER. YES he shits on the brazilian ronaldo. Dont even bring that up. Its like saying maradona>messi
Old 19-11-2013, 23:40   #11331
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Ibra is probably a better passer but Ronaldo is the superior player.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:42   #11332
badboybjörn
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
What does Zlatan have that Cristiano doesnt? Ronaldo is basically a fast Zlatan. Zlatans a great player, but come on.
My comment wasent a dig at ronaldo just i dont agree with the statement at all.

Try to play ronaldo as a target man vs pepe and alves and c how it goes for starters. He gets pushed of the ball by lustig ffs.

Hes not nearly as creative as ibra as he lacks that vision. Doesent mean he cant make a great assist tho.

As perviously said by senatore, he is not unpredictable like zlatan.

I think they arent very similar tbh other than that both are great players. Everything dangerous from ronaldo comes with pace. While ibra strangely seem most dangerous when he gets to slow down play. As ibra isent fast (with the ball) his play have evolved around not relying on pace while in ronaldos game, pace is pretty much the corner stone.
Old 19-11-2013, 23:44   #11333
Madridista
Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
YES he shits on the brazilian ronaldo. i
you always need to remember that if it wasn't for Ronaldo Fenomeno, there would probably not have been this generation including CR. They all modeled their game on him.

but even as the biggest R9 fan in the world, I would say that CR might be better. he simply has more drive. for all his genius, Ronaldo never had that ambition and determination for a sustained period.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Old 19-11-2013, 23:46   #11334
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Quote:
you always need to remember that if it wasn't for Ronaldo Fenomeno, there would probably not have been this generation including CR. They all modeled their game on him.

but even as the biggest R9 fan in the world, I would say that CR might be better. he simply has more drive. for all his genius, Ronaldo never had that ambition and determination for a sustained period.
Luiz Ronaldo scored 8 goals in 7 games at the 2002 world cup, and was what, about 65 percent fit?

It's amazing what he achieved, despite the never ending list of injuries.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:48   #11335
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Pre-injury was the best I ever seen but you have to take longevity and other accolades into account so it isn't blasphemous to say C. Ronaldo or Messi are better than him.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:50   #11336
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
Yep,i was waiting for this arguement,when stats dont go your way,you use other methods to try and win the arguement.

Messi is the worlds best player and the best in football,ronaldo is a RIVAL to THE BEST PLAYER EVER. YES he shits on the brazilian ronaldo. Dont even bring that up. Its like saying maradona>messi
Players like zidane, ronaldinho, figo etc etc doesn't have great stats, but still u should know how good they were and how they used to setup their teammates. So no it is just a fact.

and when did u started watching football?. u telling me cr7 > real ronaldo. gtfo. clearly all ur knowledge is only based on stats.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:50   #11337
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

outside of Real, Athletico, and Bartha, is La Liga really better than Ligue 1? they arent that different

Chrissy's goal ration was no where near as good in the EPL (to be fair he is being played more as a striker, but still, massive difference)

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 23:52   #11338
badboybjörn
AC Milan Legend

Even if the league is better it doesent mean its harder or easier to score goals. Did not know alot about the french league before but even the lower teams have solid defenses. Its not like la liga where teams chase their first goal at all cost while beeing down 5-0..
Old 19-11-2013, 23:54   #11339
Pharaoh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Players like zidane, ronaldinho, figo etc etc doesn't have great stats, but still u should know how good they were and how they used to setup their teammates. So no it is just a fact.

and when did u started watching football?. u telling me cr7 > real ronaldo. gtfo. clearly all ur knowledge is only based on stats.
I consider myself very logical and rational. I dont step into an arguement without valid ammunition which are STATS. Very few players can get away without ordinary stats thrown into the mix,like for example,pirlo. But when you compare a striker or winger against another striker or winger,stats rather than biased points of view are necessary. surely you see the massive flaw in your arguement?
Old 19-11-2013, 23:55   #11340
Pharaoh
Banned

Quote:
Even if the league is better it doesent mean its harder or easier to score goals. Did not know alot about the french league before but even the lower teams have solid defenses. Its not like la liga where teams chase their first goal at all cost while beeing down 5-0..
I made sure to breakdown stats to include league and cl but people still find excuses. Im done. It gets pointless argueing with people who make the ^ statements and points.