The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 20-04-2017, 02:34   #2301
General
Paradigm of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Delicious View Post
Messi Suarez and Near won a treble...IN Their FIRST SEASON. The day Allegri can actually challenge a league and win its trophy (not walk it), win the coppa and win the CL then i'll admit he's better.
Hi there

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 02:56   #2302
permabanme
お前はもう死んでいる

Italia

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
+1

another thing that very lame is old quotes from other posters in the signatures .
permabanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 03:00   #2303
van Basten
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Shit, shit, shit... R7 might win another Ballon d'Or.

Messi, you bastard

Signature
Milan:
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Vieri, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Ibra, Donadoni, Pirlo, Pato, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Dinho, Davids, Vieira, Baggio, Silva, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
van Basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 03:36   #2304
The-Loko
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Baresi Maldini Sheva Batistuta Riquelme Benedetto Ginobili

Fresh out of the oven
The-Loko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 04:58   #2305
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura

Quote:
Enrique has won a treble...IN HIS FIRST SEASON. The day Allegri can actually challenge a league and win its trophy (not walk it), win the coppa and win the CL then i'll admit he's better.
wut?

I HATE and even I can say that this is the WORST reasoning EVER

If there were no Messi - arguably the greatest player ever to many -n00bz- Suarez and Neymar would have been sharing those Ballon 'D OR titles with CR7.....THAT'S how fucking stacked Barca's squad is.

Even with hands down the best team in Italy, Jube definitely has an inferior team.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 05:20   #2306
permabanme
お前はもう死んでいる

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Loko View Post
Fresh out of the oven
From redcafe

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
+1

another thing that very lame is old quotes from other posters in the signatures .
permabanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 06:48   #2307
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Quote:
Enrique has won a treble...IN HIS FIRST SEASON. The day Allegri can actually challenge a league and win its trophy (not walk it), win the coppa and win the CL then i'll admit he's better.
His first season of football?

Because if I remember, it was him walking into a stacked Barcelona, where he won the Treble against Allegri in the final, who was also going for a Treble.

So you say Allegri will be better when he huffs and puffs to a league title instead of dominating? Alright. Laughable but alright.

Enrique - nothing is taken into account. For Delish, Enrique might as well have managed APOEL to the treble in his first year while Allegri dominates with Di Stefano's Madrid.

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:00   #2308
The Bear
World Cup Winner

Higuain gets a lot of flak but his hold up play was excellent, he brings a lot to the team even outside the box, keeping possession and spreading play. (Total opposite of Bacca who just falls over and whines.) Juve weren't even on their back foot for the whole game, it wasn't a backs-against-the-wall performance. They were barely in third gear.

Juve will win it this year. I won't lower myself to celebrate every time they score a goal, but they'll have deserved it after such a long time and I'll be happy for Buffon and Lippi's heir Allegri.

Armchair ultras on this forum who think the league's rep doesn't matter forget that Juve winning the CL also makes it easier for Milan to attract players. And hopefully a shift in priorities towards Europe will pause their ruthless cycle in Italy for a while.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 08:27   #2309
The Bear
World Cup Winner

My two cents on the whole Allegri v. Enrique thing.

Allegri is surely a better coach. Tactically the best in the world, better at reading the game and adjusting to whatever the opponent throws at him. Yet on a different level to Mourinho's one-dimensional catenaccio.

It's still early to tell who's better (at least until Enrique's next job), but Enrique is probably a better manager. It's not easy inheriting Messi, Suarez etc but he did that brilliantly and gave the team his own identity.

Enrique seems to be from the give-the-players-freedom Ancelotti school of man-management, whereas Allegri (like Guardiola) is more ideological and has specific systems in mind. I get the feeling that the latter two aren't universally loved by players (see Pep-Zlatan and Allegri's numerous disciplinary issues with players this season).

They're very different, Allegri and Enrique, but it's definitely not about who wins trebles. Allegri dominated Enrique over a two-legged tie, where tactics stand out. In a one-off game, where individual class matters more, Enrique has his number. Right now, Allegri got the better of Enrique and deserves all the praise.

Last edited by The Bear; 20-04-2017 at 08:31.
Old 20-04-2017, 08:33   #2310
The Bear
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Barcelona under Enrique were near-peak Barca in the last few years, whereas Juve have been slowly growing (with fewer resources than Barca).

So that should also be looked at when you consider the difficulty of Allegri's opponents in the league (Napoli, Roma) compared to Real and Atletico. And yet despite that Juve end every season with 90+ points.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:10   #2311
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default UEFA Champions League 2016-2017

Well they did pay 90m for higuain so they could win the ucl. We all know that juve would have won the serie a with out him. So far he scored 2 goals in 10 games. And these reasonings of him being good at hold up play and making space for the other player is what we use to say about matri when we signed him. He HAS to score in the upcoming matches. Cause right now juve ain't getting shit for those 90m euros.

- Also how can a professional football player like him be so fat.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:53   #2312
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Hope Juve get to the final and lose it.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:54   #2313
General
Paradigm of Humility

Juve just beat Barca 3-0 over 2 matches and the thought is that Higuan not scoring is a must to win the CL?

I don't buy it.

Juventus can win the CL this year without Higuan scoring.

Hell, they might be able to win without him playing another minute.

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

Old 20-04-2017, 11:54   #2314
General
Paradigm of Humility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Hope Juve get to the final and lose it.
Oh dear god this would make my week

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

Old 20-04-2017, 12:18   #2315
Congo Powers
apotheosis

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

Quote:
i was impressed with luis enrique's first season with roma also

Signature
I will become even more undignified than this
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 12:24   #2316
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Oh dear god this would make my week

Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 12:25   #2317
leaf
Banned

Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura

leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 13:42   #2318
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Crespo, Pirlo. Current AC - Jack, Romagnoli, Suso, Loca, Abate, Storari.

Atletico or Monaco please win.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 13:57   #2319
Polotelli
#forevermario

atletico - ladri would be a very boring draw
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 14:33   #2320
ibelongtomilan
Il Diavolo

Hope Jube goes to Final and loses vs Atletico