The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2016, 14:42   #1
takahan
World Cup Winner
 
takahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Singapore
Default DC Comics fans

Any DC comics fans?

Off Topic
I am not sure anybody remember me,
but I went MIA for years because I forgot my password, and suddenly I remembered it.
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 15:41   #2
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon
 
AndreiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fav. Players: Allen Iverson
Default

I'm more of a Marvel guy, but I love the atmosphere in most DC comics. It's their characters' personalities that let me down.

Most of the heroes are just bland. Out of the entire universe, I think I like Batman and Superman the least. I like most of the main villains tho'.

Last edited by AndreiX; 29-07-2016 at 15:45.
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 15:45   #3
leaf
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahan View Post
Any DC comics fans?

Off Topic
I am not sure anybody remember me,
but I went MIA for years because I forgot my password, and suddenly I remembered it.
Me

Superman is my favourite character overall...although I'd be the first to admit that Batman is generally better written.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 19:51   #4
ikita
AC Milan Icon
 
ikita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies.
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
I'm more of a Marvel guy, but I love the atmosphere in most DC comics. It's their characters' personalities that let me down.

Most of the heroes are just bland. Out of the entire universe, I think I like Batman and Superman the least. I like most of the main villains tho'.
reminds me of when sage said "I dislike superman. he has no personality."

i lol'ed because these ppl think they're so brilliant yet they dont understand the premise upon which jerry siegel and joe shuster wrote kal el.


Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2016, 20:09   #5
leaf
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Bonaventura
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
reminds me of when sage said "I dislike superman. he has no personality."

i lol'ed because these ppl think they're so brilliant yet they dont understand the premise upon which jerry siegel and joe shuster wrote kal el.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 02:48   #6
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon
 
AndreiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fav. Players: Allen Iverson
Default

both him and batman are rigid, predictable. I kinda get why they're this way, but it just doesn't entertain me and I don't agree with their modus operandi

I think the reason I don't trust them is because they can't kill, who can trust a guy that can't kill ?

Last edited by AndreiX; 30-07-2016 at 02:51.
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 03:16   #7
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
both him and batman are rigid, predictable. I kinda get why they're this way, but it just doesn't entertain me and I don't agree with their modus operandi

I think the reason I don't trust them is because they can't kill, who can trust a guy that can't kill ?
I find Superman boring. Too overpowered and nothing really stands out about his "personality."

Batman on the other hand is someone who is constantly struggling to not break his no kill code and it's interesting to see how it affects him on a deeper level.

Btw if you like characters who kill, you'd probably love Red Hood and Green Latern (Hal Jordan).


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
He has a stronger squad than either LVG and Juup during their reign at Bayern, yet he flops in the UCL at the semi/qf stages. They made it to 3 finals in 4 years.... pep was supposed to build on that and make Bayern the dominant team for the next few years.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 03:36   #8
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon
 
AndreiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fav. Players: Allen Iverson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
I find Superman boring. Too overpowered and nothing really stands out about his "personality."

Batman on the other hand is someone who is constantly struggling to not break his no kill code and it's interesting to see how it affects him on a deeper level.

Btw if you like characters who kill, you'd probably love Red Hood and Green Latern (Hal Jordan).
that's why I said "most" and not all

batman's kill code makes him look like a pussy. give him wolverine's moral code and gotham would be full of tourists. a lot of people died because he couldn't take one for the team
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 04:45   #9
Qaas
Mystery Guy
 
Qaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Danmark
Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default DC Comics fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by takahan View Post
Any DC comics fans?

Off Topic
I am not sure anybody remember me,
but I went MIA for years because I forgot my password, and suddenly I remembered it.


Dude i was about to make a DC live-action movie thread after all those amazing trailers were revealed on comic con the other day.

I haven't really read the DC comics or comics in general, but i grew up watching the cartoons. DC > marvel. Lol the only marvel character i knew when i was a child was spider man
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 05:42   #10
takahan
World Cup Winner
 
takahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Singapore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Dude i was about to make a DC live-action movie thread after all those amazing trailers were revealed on comic con the other day.

I haven't really read the DC comics or comics in general, but i grew up watching the cartoons. DC > marvel. Lol the only marvel character i knew when i was a child was spider man
Please make it
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2016, 05:56   #11
necromancer
Defence of Champions
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Superman is by far the most boring, one dimensional superhero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by takahan View Post
Any DC comics fans?

Off Topic
I am not sure anybody remember me,
but I went MIA for years because I forgot my password, and suddenly I remembered it.
Welcome back. Maybe you remembering your password suddenly is a hidden superpower.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 05:12   #12
Jammin
Il Signore
 
Jammin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Doctor Doom is da best
Jammin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:53   #13
MilanMB
Not mad
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
that's why I said "most" and not all

batman's kill code makes him look like a pussy. give him wolverine's moral code and gotham would be full of tourists. a lot of people died because he couldn't take one for the team


Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 10:57   #14
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
gotham would be full of tourists.
Is Gotham really Gotham if it's full of tourists? That would be a minus, no?


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2016, 11:01   #15
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

DC and Marvel are awesome


especially the older comics gave me a lot of good times during my teens
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:16.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.