The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 13-11-2004, 01:42   #21
pixiraver
Acmilan Legend

Fav. Players: Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne
Mate, he was a awsome player. The way he was gotten rid of was an abosoute discrase.

Adds to my hate of Real.
i think hierro should have been given a job in madrid he could have been put in charge of their youth team,or something just to show their appreciation for all d service years,shows the stupid madrid sucks and have no place for their legends.

Signature
www.awoofshop.com - www.awoofshop.co.za
Buy ipods, laptops, iphones and so much more on awoofshop Nigeria and South Africa..
pixiraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 09:53   #22
THE MALDINESTA
Lovin' Carin' N Nursin'

Fav. Players: To many to mention, just see the nickname ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Lima
Where is he playing now?
In serie A?
I heard he's offered to play for a certain middle-east club.

I'm so sad he left us,he's one of few player that i see highly.
For me he's an argentinian maldini.He's the reason I supported Madrid few years ago.same case with hierro.

When he leave madrid for us,i couldn't stop partying,and enjoyed to see my brother's anger.

And believe wherever he play he'll bring luck for his club.
Just look at Madrid,when Redondo and Hierro weren't there,and those two morons(beckham,and ronaldo) were there.Lost is the glory days.

Hope that this fact won't be happen to us.

Signature
THE MALDINESTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 14:20   #23
redondo
Banned

Fav. Players: Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales

FERNANDO "EL PRINCIPE" REDONDO announced retirement from every form of football.
i thanks him for his work in the shirt.

my best no5 goes.
El Flaco from Adrogué to Milano, you brought lot and lot of joy to me.i tahnkyou for all the work you done.best hopes in futuro
vamos El Flaco!!!!!!!!!!!!
redondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 14:22   #24
redondo
Banned

Fav. Players: Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales

more posts on career of gr8 man veru soon.
Old 27-11-2004, 14:58   #25
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

REDONDO

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 17:02   #26
milan_my_love
▼•Moderator•▼

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano

Despite of his fitness problems which led him not to deliever the goods for Milan, i will always remember this classic player. What i assumed from watching him play for Real and limited opportunities he had here in Milan, he was a humble man and a player with some principles. The deniel of the salary + an ever present smile just sums up character the Argentine had.

And on the pitch he was a complete mid fielder. His former Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello described him as a "tactically perfect" player. Apart from Redondo's technique, he did an excellent job of reading the defence and used his skills and vision to create offensive chances, rather than scoring himself, and nobody protected the ball better than him. On his day he was a treat to watch.

Redondo defined the art technique and skills. Remember his goal at Old Trafford???

That one was a piece of magic. Sprinting with Berg to the goalline, he back-heeled the ball through the Norwegian's legs, collected it and passed to Raul who scored Real's third goal (of-course such moves are impossible to describe and if you did see it you have another reason to live, because you just don't see such moves everyday IMO).

Alex Ferguson said after the game that all loose balls that night had seemed to fall to Redondo. 'What does this player have in his boots?' Ferguson asked. 'A magnet?'

Redondo was indeed more than a playmaker - at his best, he hoovered the midfield (ask Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Guardiola, Rivaldo, Beckham, to name a few episodes they have all been made to look like boys in his presence).

Hats off to the elegant and more cultured ball provider. Alas he couldn't show all his worth in Rossonero

Good luck to Fernando Redondo

Signature
Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever
milan_my_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 18:38   #27
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: None, but thinking of some.

I read the news on Eurosport today. Maybe taking a career in managment would be a good move forward for him.

Redondo
~Biski Biskit~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 20:35   #28
Catherine
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: KaKa, Sheva, Maldini, Cafu, Tomasson

You are so right, real don't care about ppls love of football, they are only interested in money
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 21:48   #29
redondo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine
You are so right, real don't care about ppls love of football, they are only interested in money
i dot followe what ya mean
who said real dont care
i canot see any chap say real madrid thing
????????????????????????????????????????
Old 27-11-2004, 21:52   #30
redondo
Banned

well posted milan my love.i wil post on him one final time for all tiffosi veru soon.1st i collect the texto.translate to ingles th...n see operation of all of his carer.veru soon.
Old 28-11-2004, 01:35   #31
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Croatian Soccer Site www.Nogomet.com just got a article about Redondo, so I'm gonna try to translate it as best as I can.
Here it is :

Argentinski nogometaš Fernando Redondo, koji je u danima svoje najveće slave igrao za madridski Real, odlučio je završiti karijeru u 35. godini, tvrdi španjolski dnevnik Marca.
Šest mjeseci nakon što je napustio Milan Redondo je odlučio prekinuti karijeru, iako je imao dosta ponuda, poglavito od španjolskih klubova.
"Nakon majice Real Madrida teško je obući neku drugu u Španjolskoj", kazao je Redondo, koji je odigrao 29 utakmica za Argentinu, a s Realom je osvajao naslove europskog prvaka 1998. i 2000.
Redondu je karijera uništena brojnim ozljedama, pogotovu nakon što ga je Real prodao u Milan za 11.4 milijuna USD. U Milanu se odmah ozlijedio, a prvu utakmicu za novi klub odigrao je tek nakon dvije godine, da bi u međuvremenu za "milaneze" nastupio u tek osam utakmica.
Argentinac je objavio kako će se trajno naseliti u Madridu, gdje će raditi kao sportski menađer.

After his glorius days in Real Madrid jersey, Argentinian Fernando Redondo has decided to finish his career at the age of 35.
After he left Milan 6 months ago, he has received a lot of offers to continue his career, especially from Spanish clubs.

"It's hard to wear other jersey that Real Madrids in Spain", he said.
He played in 29 games for Argentina and took 2 CL cups with Real Madrid in 1998 and 2000.

His career was screwed with lot of injuries, especially after Real sold him to A.C.M for 11.4$. As soon as he joined Milan, he got injured.
Redondos first game for Milan came after 2 long years, and he only played in 8 of the games for the club.
Argentinian said that he will move to Madrid where he will become a sport manager.

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 09:46   #32
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Did anybody see Redondo playing for that "Fight Against Poverty" game at the Bernabeu organized by Zidane and Ronaldo? It was so great to see him playing again, especially in front of the crowd who adored him so much.

The game was entertaining, despite of the bomb threat few days earlier/ Almost all Real quads were there plus several stelar names such as Rosicky, Panucci, Tristan, Kohler, Mauro Silva, Canizares. There were also other players from German league. And other non soccer related names such Michael Scumacher (he was good!), Carlos Sainz the spanish rally champion (he scored a penalty). Most interesting is to see former Real heroes such as Butragueno, Suker and Mihajlovic. The game ended 4-4.

Interestingly, there was no Barca player invited!

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2004, 17:11   #33
newyorker
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
Did anybody see Redondo playing for that "Fight Against Poverty" game at the Bernabeu organized by Zidane and Ronaldo? It was so great to see him playing again, especially in front of the crowd who adored him so much.

The game was entertaining, despite of the bomb threat few days earlier/ Almost all Real quads were there plus several stelar names such as Rosicky, Panucci, Tristan, Kohler, Mauro Silva, Canizares. There were also other players from German league. And other non soccer related names such Michael Scumacher (he was good!), Carlos Sainz the spanish rally champion (he scored a penalty). Most interesting is to see former Real heroes such as Butragueno, Suker and Mihajlovic. The game ended 4-4.

Interestingly, there was no Barca player invited!
You meant Mijatovic (i hope i spell it right)
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2004, 11:49   #34
ads216
World Cup Winner

The only thing he should be doing right now is work on his golf handicap!
ads216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 20:35   #35
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonippoRuiShevdini
I am surprised a Premiership side didn't pick him up.
Did anyone call Bolton to let them know ghe was available

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 19:53   #36
redondo
Banned

FERNANDO "EL PRINCIPE" REDONDO hidden

Idols: Bochini, Falcão
Worst game: Argentina 0 - 5 Colombia (classification game for World Cup 1994)
Sign: Gemini
Wedding: Got married in 1992 to Natalia Solari (Santiago Solari's sister and Jorge Solari's daughter)
Children: Fernando (1994), Luciana (1998)
Spanish citizenship: Obtained on the 03.10.1996
Car: Ferrari, Bentley
Food: La pasta
Eating habits: Eats 4 times a day
Drink: Champagne & Cognac (however rarely since he doesn't like alchol that much)
Film: Mission Impossible
Actor: Robert De Niro
Actress: Madeline Stowe
Writters: Borges, Mario Benedetti, Garcia Márquez
Book: "El hombre mediocre" by José Ingenieros
Painter: Juan Lazcano
Hobby: Reading Italian fashion magazines and dramatical books, paint, collecting watches
A good cause: Fight against drogs
Sleeping habits: 9 hours of sleep
Personal training habits: 300-400 sit ups a day

Last edited by redondo; 24-01-2005 at 19:56.
Old 27-01-2005, 14:55   #37
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

redondo was very good player
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 04:50   #38
Sven
Super Moderator

Not sure if I should post it here or in the Milan history thread...

Sorry for the Madridista video, but actualy there's no video of Redondo playing for us. And if this video exist, he wouldn't be fair to his quality, cause this guy barely played for us, he was decimated by injuries while playing here for 4 seasons until the end of his career.

Anyway, a football legend and one Milan fans should respect, even if he is on the "could have been great with us" hall.

A class player, an amazing quality, bravery, intelligence. He could do anything on the field.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 21:44   #39
Congo Powers
o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/ o/

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Weah, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

i remember when he came back for a few games...in coppa italia...in 03 or 04 maybe?

fantastic player..such class.....painfully obvious even in his few appearances for us.

the world would be a very different place if he didnt get injured....

rui costa and redondo in the same midfield......

Last edited by Congo Powers; 24-02-2011 at 21:47.
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 21:58   #40
Australiano1980
StarWars VIII

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

@Congo

He is great.. i like him alot...
Sadly he prefer RM instead of Milan.. coz Milan made a offer to get him from Tenerife or something.. and Valdano convinced him to go to Madrid.

so i think a midfield with Redondo-Boban-Desailly-Albertini would be even more fantastic.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote