The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Torres will score
0-10 goals and won't be of much help to the team otherwise 12 7.69%
0-10 goals but will help the team in other areas (SeS, Link up play, Defense, etc) 36 23.08%
11-20 goals 66 42.31%
20+ goals 22 14.10%
Don't ask me. This will be an an epic fail 20 12.82%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2006, 18:21   #41
SGK
Banned

Fav. Players: Sheva,Kaka,,Gila, ambro, gattuso, pirlo, maldini,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerio
and another GOOD NEEWSSSS
-------------------------------
MILAN EYE GUNNERS TARGET TORRES
source: sportinglife.com THE LINK TO READ

AC Milan could make a shock swoop for Arsenal transfer target Fernando Torres.

The Spanish international striker, the hero of Atletico Madrid, has been the hottest property in Spain for a couple of years now.

Chelsea have been linked with a move for him in the past, and now Arsenal are reportedly desperate to take him to Highbury.

But now a move to Serie A is a possibility according to Spanish daily Marca.

The paper says the Rossoneri have confirmed their interest in "El Nino", and could try to land him during the January transfer window.

Any Milan move for Torres could see Christian Vieri return to Atletico.

Vieiri, who moved to AC from rivals Inter in the summer, spent a highly successful season at the Vicente Calderon in the late 1990s.
Sorry, I wont buy any shit from some unknown site. Although I would welcome Torres to Milan with WIDE open arms because it means Vieri is out, I think (like most here) he's a little overrated.
SGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:12   #42
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
He has been scoring 15+ goal / season in Spanish league 4 some time now.
Scored 7 goals as I remember with Spain in WC qualifications.
What do u expect from a 21 years old striker playing with a team like Atletico Madrid ?
I don't expect anything, my point is how can you compare him to Sheva, a modern day legend?
Taken his country vercially to the World Cup, scored 24 goals 3 times in Serie A, including one on his debut season, one of the highest goal scorers of all time in European competition yet because Torres he has scored 15 goals on two occassions you rate him right up there with the likes of Sheva.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:51   #43
Congo Powers
apotheosis berlusconi

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Sheva

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
I don't expect anything, my point is how can you compare him to Sheva, a modern day legend?
Taken his country vercially to the World Cup, scored 24 goals 3 times in Serie A, including one on his debut season, one of the highest goal scorers of all time in European competition yet because Torres he has scored 15 goals on two occassions you rate him right up there with the likes of Sheva.
He's saying that Torres has the potential to be as good as Shevchenko. No one is claiming that Fernando is the finished product yet..similarities exist between the two though--athleticism, pace, dynamic play and goal getting.

Point is, you can't compare two players at different stages of their careers...Shev as a 21 y.o. vs. Torres now is more reasonable...With that in mind, all we can do is wait and see what Torres achieves by around 26 before we compare the two overrall...and what Torres has shown hints to a very bright future--hopefully in red and black.

Signature
I will become even more undignified than this
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:01   #44
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers
He's saying that Torres has the potential to be as good as Shevchenko. No one is claiming that Fernando is the finished product yet..similarities exist between the two though--athleticism, pace, dynamic play and goal getting.

Point is, you can't compare two players at different stages of their careers...Shev as a 21 y.o. vs. Torres now is more reasonable...With that in mind, all we can do is wait and see what Torres achieves by around 26 before we compare the two overrall...and what Torres has shown hints to a very bright future--hopefully in red and black.
Thx Congo 4 getting my point + explaining it 2 San.
I don’t know if its my fault or San’s but he is slow in getting my point.

Torres is doing better than Sheva when Sheva was @ his age.
Scoring 15+ in Spanish league since he was 17 is much harder than scoring 20+ in Ukranian league.

Am not saying that Torres is better than Sheva.
Am not saying that Torres will b better than Sheva.
All am saying that Torres is a young talent.
Giving him time + luck + hard work we will have a great striker.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:43   #45
Demerio
Photoshop Lieutenant

Fav. Players: KAKA-Pandev-PATO

Torres has the simular gameplay as Sheva. He is not definetely good as him but he is young and with hard work Torres can be a lot more. He is having great physical abbilities...IMO we NEED HIM. I cant find player simular as Sheva. Torres is the nearest footbaler.

Signature
Demerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 18:50   #46
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

El Nino is player I always followed , I dont know how many times I watched Atl. Madrid just becouse his play .. he was linked with Milan since 2 years now .. definitly a player that will become to a big star.. if we dont sign him soon he will probably go to Chelsea or Real Madrid , only they afford to pay his price...

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 23:12   #47
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Thx Congo 4 getting my point + explaining it 2 San.
I don’t know if its my fault or San’s but he is slow in getting my point.
Yeah i feel ya. Just the way you worded it mate. My point is:
There's a difference in saying he is the 'new Shevchenko' or he has the 'potential to become the player Shevchenko is'. He certainly has potential but to compare a player very early in his career to a great goal scorer doesn't fit the bill for mine.
Fair point.

Signature

Last edited by acerвιc wιт; 07-01-2006 at 23:15.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:33   #48
milan_rockz
=7uckyst4r=

Fav. Players: *kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*

since vieri will be going somewhere else during the transfer, i think it's okay if we get torres but with a reasonable price. he is young and talented. just like gila, he still can play for us for like another 3 or 4 more seasons. but i have my greater concern in our defence. i doubt galliani will be buying any defender on the jan transfer.
milan_rockz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 15:00   #49
Kaka_22
Rookie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta

Read this guys...straight from the mouth of El Nino's agent (extracted from http://tankage.com/torres/news/2006_jan.htm

I hope that this is not just a rumour and that he will eventually be a Rossoneri...I hate to think of Torres playing for Chelsea coz there are rumours that the dreadful Chelsea is after him as well.....

3/1/2006 Milan continues dreaming about Torres

The rossonero club doesn't take their eyes off Fernando Torres. The news of Milan's interest in Fernando is not something new. Ariedo Braida, the brain of the organization, is a defender of the colchonero striker and dreams about taking Fernando to Milan someday.

The Italian newspaper 'Corriere dello Sport' reported yesterday that Milan offered Atletico by a possible exchange of a former Atletico player in the Manzanares squad: Cristian Vieri.

José María Martín Petón, agent of Fernando, however, affirmed not knowing anything about the subject: "The truth is I know nothing about this, but the day of the innocents (El día de los inocentes) is on 28 December (In Italy - certainly - is celebrated on 1 April, 'il pesce d'aprile')". Nonetheless, he admitted that if Fernando moved to an Italian team, it would be Milan. "I don't believe that Italian soccer is an ideal destination for a young player as Fernando; but if there is a club in Italy that he will go to, it will be Milan", commented on Radio Marca.

Last edited by Kaka_22; 08-01-2006 at 15:03.
Kaka_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 15:25   #50
17-und-4
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa

How much must we pay for Torres??
20 or 30 mil.??
Where should he play??
Instead of Sheva or Gila??I don't think so.
We really don't need him and he is far too expensive.
All we need is a backup striker if Vieri leaves and of course new defenders...
17-und-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 15:47   #51
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-und-4
How much must we pay for Torres??
20 or 30 mil.??
Where should he play??
Instead of Sheva or Gila??I don't think so.
We really don't need him and he is far too expensive.
All we need is a backup striker if Vieri leaves and of course new defenders...
Yupe probably around that ammount but i heard Athletico still owe Milan some money from a deal in the past and that+Vieri could probably bring his price down. Where he would play?? I have no idea. We need to rotate i guess or play with a new formation. Like you said we need new defenders more at the moment but i would love to see Torres in Milan!

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 15:52   #52
17-und-4
World Cup Winner

We could play with 3 strikers,Gila and Torres up front and Sheva behind.
But Carlo would never do this!!!
Maybe Van Basten would try it.
Old 08-01-2006, 15:54   #53
Demerio
Photoshop Lieutenant

Fav. Players: KAKA-Pandev-PATO

SFU u ALL... Defender can be always be brought, but class strikers are those hard ones. If ve have chance to bring TORRES to MIlan then we must bring him. I dont care if Sheva or gila will play but i know that Sheva is near 30 and that is a reason to think about FERNANDO...
Commee onnn GALIANIIII bring the KIDDDDDD here.....
FORZAAAAAAAAAAA TORRESSSSSS

Signature
Demerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 16:04   #54
17-und-4
World Cup Winner

Quote:
SFU u ALL... Defender can be always be brought, but class strikers are those hard ones. If ve have chance to bring TORRES to MIlan then we must bring him. I dont care if Sheva or gila will play but i know that Sheva is near 30 and that is a reason to think about FERNANDO...

Torres is surely not the last good,young striker on the planet.
So strikers can be always bought too.
And i highly doubt he is worth his price and i also doubt he can do well in Serie A.
Old 08-01-2006, 16:05   #55
Kaka_22
Rookie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta

Quote:
U have my support man!!! For the sake of Milan, we must bring Torres to Milan...I heard that Maldini is his idol and Sheva has named Torres and Kaka as 2 of the best young players in the world.....

I hope that Vieri return to Athetico Madrid so that we can have Torres....can't wait for Vieri to get his butt off San Siro.....Yey!!!
Kaka_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 18:27   #56
aneh2
Senior Team Member

i dont think torres to milan will be likely
aneh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 14:12   #57
MilanoSiamoNoi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneh2
i dont think torres to milan will be likely

i agree with you entirely
i think torres is fantastic but he is not for milan...he would be much better off at arsenal because of his style of play and the fact that he has reyes and fabregas along with him. his style of play suits the premiership a lot better than serie A and the way milan play holding the ball moving forward.
another reason is that we already have gila here and he's going to be nuts...if we are to get torres we would have to spend a lot of money and i don't think that's going to happen.
we'd be better off getting two players than just torres.
there's a lot of quality out there at a reasonably young age and it would save us a ton of money and make more sense to get someone like maxi lopez from barca because he hasn't been playing much for them after running the show at river plate two seasons ago...
MilanoSiamoNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 15:38   #58
ics_rk
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato

First of all, I want to say that Torres is similar to Sheva or anything else that says Torres is the new Sheva. NO!! Sheva is Sheva and Torres is Torres!! I'm agree that Torres has a bright future ahead of him, IF he is given the chance to be a great football player. Not like Collocini, he used to be said has a great future but after coming back to Milan, I don't think I will say that he is good again.

Well, yes, I do think that we will spend a little bit expensive for Torres. But in my opinion, he is worthy. Maxi Lopez? Is he good? Well, in my opinion, he is not that good. I just relieve when Milan didn't sign him!!

Signature
== Simply Milan is the best ==
==== Milanisti Indonesia ====
ics_rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 12:28   #59
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Milan enter Torres scramble Wednesday 25 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have joined the race to sign Atletico Madrid’s Fernando Torres after the striker was made available for transfer yesterday.

Although the Italian giants only netted Marcio Amoroso this month, the 31-year-old is seen as a short-term solution to the departure of Christian Vieri and has only signed until the end of next season.

Torres, meanwhile, has been the subject of concerted interest from the Rossoneri for several seasons but, along with other interested clubs, have always had any approaches for the Spain international rebuffed on the basis that he was not for sale.

But one of the most sought-after strikers in European football was made available for transfer by the Madrid club on Tuesday, whose President Enrique Cerezo surprised Spain with his live television announcement. "We will consider any bid for the striker so long as it is an interesting one," he said.

The Spanish club are not enjoying the best of financial health and their change of heart regarding their home-grown superstar would appear to suggest that they will be prepared to sell to the highest bidder.

This means that Milan will face stiff competition from Real Madrid, Arsenal and, most notably Chelsea, whose owner Roman Abramovich is reported to have already tabled an offer in the region of Ł34m for the 22-year-old in the past.

Torres, meanwhile, is said to have a preference for Italian football and Milan’s advantage is that they enjoy excellent relations with the Spanish club.

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 12:31   #60
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Finally he is up for transfer. Couldn't delay the inevitable for any longer!

The only real competition we would have in signing him is from Chelsea, you can rule out Real Madrid.

We have established great communications with Athletico which makes him a hell of a lot easier to purchase.

Signature