The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: So, should Mourinho come to Milan?
Yeah. He's the man to lead us to world domination. 42 33.07%
He'll bring success, but not aesthetically. No. Stick with Ancelotti. 40 31.50%
No to Mourinho. Enough of Ancelotti. Let's get a new *aesthetic* coach. 30 23.62%
Other 15 11.81%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-08-2005, 13:14   #21
red&black_fever
Dreamer

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka

who will replace carlo if/when he leaves this seasons end??
red&black_fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 03:15   #22
Dil dil
Banned

Fav. Players: All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi

ANCELOTTI: 'I remember Vieri like this'
8/22/2005
MILAN - The coach spoke about Milan's performance: 'It was a good
game, up and down like any friendly. When it gets more serious there
will be more tension. Sheva? He's finding the ideal condition, he
wasn't well before f the game so it was better not to go through the
whole 90 minutes. The three-man defence was better set out with
respect to the Lugano game. Vieri? I remember him like this. Always
available, communicating with his team-mates, scoring. This is Vieri.
As for Inzaghi, he's doing well, training without problem all week so
he should be back soon. Now we have to get our minds on the start of
the league, we knew that we would work a lot in the summer and this
work will bear fruit. The last time I spoke to Berlusconi was on
Sunday evening and the president was pleased that we won and played
well. I already knew all of that
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 03:47   #23
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&black_fever
who will replace carlo if/when he leaves this seasons end??
The name I've heard bandied around the most is Marco Van Basten. That being said, I wish Berlusconi would get the hell off Carlo's back already. He's like a vulture constantly hanging over his shoulder.

Nice article on foxsoccer.com, if you haven't seen it already:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/4804780

Carletto expresses his interest in coaching the Azzurri in the 2010 WC, among other things.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2005, 18:26   #24
Gilardino Jr
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
The name I've heard bandied around the most is Marco Van Basten. That being said, I wish Berlusconi would get the hell off Carlo's back already. He's like a vulture constantly hanging over his shoulder.

Nice article on foxsoccer.com, if you haven't seen it already:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/4804780

Carletto expresses his interest in coaching the Azzurri in the 2010 WC, among other things.
Carlo as the italia coach not bad lippi is sh*t u know i think Capello who is great coach and carlo the 2 great coaches should take that job lippi should coach some serie b team honestly i think italia arent gonna win world cup
Gilardino Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 03:51   #25
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

carlo please leave the club...we thank you,but it is enough.You can't help us anymore.Leave Please

Signature
Bulgarian fan site of AC Milan
http://acmilan-bg.com http://acmilan-bg.com
Here you will find a lot of pictures, news, videos and so on.
FORZA MILAN
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2005, 16:21   #26
milanist
Banned

POINT CLOSED ON ANCELOTTI
9/19/2005 1:05:00 PM
With all due respect to the goals scored by Bonazzoli and Tonetto, Milan’s life has not changed that much. There have been victories and defeats in the past and the club have been at the top of the world game for the past nineteen years. In fact, Milan have been the most successful Italian side in Europe for the last three seasons. Just at the moment, despite some attractive football, the ball is not going in as it was there for all to see in Genoa. Milan are also a club that have opened its communications, making itself available for interviews and will continue to do so but a line must be drawn in the sand in the relationship between the club and those who follow its developments: Carlo Ancelotti is the Milan coach and that is that. In the course of the summer and the last few weeks, it has to be remembered the patience and tolerance Milan have shown. No action has been taken over the misinterpreted of the tactics and strategy of the club, which is not its style anyway.
'Ancelotti is not trembling and his bench isn’t shaking either, the fact is that he is and will be our coach, the point is closed. It’s been three years', declared chief executive Adriano Galliani, 'in which we have been competitive at the highest level and won a lot. We just have to remember this and stay united and compact. We have the same number of points as we did this time last season, we’ve also played two away matches, we have won our first Champions League game as we did last year. Last year we came back from eight points behind in a few games, so all we need now are two things: calmness and more calmness'.
This is the way Milan are, now and always, the same Milan that held a round of applause in the dressing room at Milanello the day after the win at Messina and the same Milan that gathered in the dressing room in Genoa on Sunday. Ancelotti was open and honest as ever and said: 'Galliani came to the dressing room to motivate the team, he called on them to remain calm and relaxed as Sampdoria played well. Galliani was content because the team expressed itself and spoke to relax the side'. Paolo Maldini also spoke from experience and added: 'Galliani made a simple analysis of the game and the moment. We said we played well and that we paid too heavy a price and to our demerit we made some errors. He was relaxed and in fact, he was stating what our coach had just said. I don’t understand why Gazzetta dello Sport have once again given out incorrect information and wrote about an outburst that never happened. It wasn’t true that there was an outburst. It’s strange that a newspaper that historically has been balanced has this attitude and it’s hoped that it’s not a strategy against Milan'. Anyway, Milan have a squad at the highest level and are united and compact just as they were in the season which brought victory at Manchester and Monte Carlo, that won the title, the Italian Cup, the Italian Super Cup and then went on to take the title down to the wire and reach the Champions League final, something that other sides have found unattainable, above all, in the same season. This is why the dressing room is sounding a positive note, in the same way the nineteen years of Berlusconi’s presidency have unquestionably been the best one for all Milan followers.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Forza Milan!
Forza Ancelotti!

Last edited by milanist; 19-09-2005 at 16:23.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 02:01   #27
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

ANCELOTTI ON THE POST-TREVISO SITUATION
9/26/2005
MILAN - During this morning’s interview with Italian radio station Rai 1 Carlo Ancelotti spoke about the situation after the Treviso victory: ‘We are improving. We are making slow, but steady progress. We are on the same path as last year, when we lost the third round against Messina and then made a comeback. Lately we have not manifested the kind of calm that is necessary to obtain the result. First of all we must find a balance, above all in the rear, where we have conceded too many goals. Then, we must find a beautiful style of play. We do not have a problem with quality. We must try to increase consistency and fluidity in our game. The fundamental thing is the equilibrium and the solidity of the defence.’ Then, on the defence he added: ‘We are at the beginning and it is normal that some of the players are not yet in the best condition. Our defenders are very young, but are already very reliable, even from a physical point of view. We’ll see what happens in the future. The club worked the market very well. We obtained two strong strikers, one youngster and one expert. We also reinforced the midfield with Jankulovski and Vogel. I believe that we couldn’t have done any better.’

source: acmilan.com

defenders very young? my eyes nearly popped out!

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 02:16   #28
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonggoh
defenders very young? my eyes nearly popped out!
LOL...young in dog years, maybe?

The headline is kinda misleading...he talks about EVERYTHING but the mystery post-match incident. I don't know what this "incident" is all about, I've only known about it for five minutes, and already I'm sick of it.
Old 28-09-2005, 23:47   #29
gila#11
Banned

Fav. Players: kaka sheva gilardino pirlo

im amazed yugo hasnt got to this thread yet urgh im sick about how he tries to cover up all our performances and says we did our best bla bla bla we dont care we just want rid of you

Last edited by gila#11; 28-09-2005 at 23:49.
gila#11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 19:42   #30
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila#11
im amazed yugo hasnt got to this thread yet urgh im sick about how he tries to cover up all our performances and says we did our best bla bla bla we dont care we just want rid of you
Lollllllllllllllll
Ur right.
If Yogo come here he will say the word fuck 2 many.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 21:29   #31
milanist
Banned

BERLUSCONI: 'Confident in Ancelotti's side'
9/30/2005
MILAN - La Gazzetta dello Sport then reported what president Silvio Berlusconi had to say when he was at the fashion and sport evening: 'The championship is long, Inter are the playing at the moment... they are doing well. As for Milan, I am very confident in the players and in Ancelotti who will stay with the side until the end of the season.' Then he confirmed the special relationship with Andriy Shevchenko who was also present at the event: 'I cuddle him this evening but I cuddle him each time I see him.'

Old 08-10-2005, 00:05   #32
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

This goes in the "Huh?" category. From foxsoccer.com:

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has dismissed rumours that coach Carlo Ancelotti will be leaving to take charge of Real Madrid next season.

Reports in Spain had linked the coach with a move to the Spanish capital as a replacement for Wanderley Luxemburgo, who is under contract with the Meringue outfit until June 2006.

However Galliani has told Milan's official club website: "Ancelotti has a contract until 2007 and he will respect it."

However, Ancelotti's future at the club had been under question following Milan's mediocre start to the campaign, with the Rossoneri five points adrift of Serie A leaders Juventus with six games played.

Club owner Silvio Berlusconi recently stated that Ancelotti would stay at the club "until the end of the season" but made no mention whether the coach would be allowed to complete his contract.

As for Ancelotti, he has spoken of his wish to extend his current deal with the Italian giants, but much will depend on Milan's season.

Signature
Old 10-10-2005, 21:49   #33
takahan
World Cup Winner

Well I wont be surprise if Ancelotti is being fired before the end of the season.
I will say that he is not doing his job well atm. Firstly he make headlines on the news quarreling with Sheva before the start of the season, and we are lucky that Sheva is still loyal to Milan. Secondly, why did Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi got to make so much decision on the team tactic and who to field?
Is it really Berlusconi's fault? or is it because Ancelotti have promise the board something if he use a certain tactic and have fail to impress them after trying his tactics, and the board lose faith in him, yet decide to give him a chance due to his loyalty?
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:08   #34
milanist
Banned

GALLIANI: 'Ancelotti at least until 2007’
10/10/2005
URBINO – Adriano Galliani took the opportunity to once again confirm his confidence in Carlo Ancelotti during the award of Arrigo Sacchi’s honorary degree: ‘Milan are willing to keep Ancelotti until the end of the contract, which expires on June 30, 2007. To me, it goes without saying that Ancelotti will sit on the Rossoneri’s bench until that date.’ Galliani then praised Arrigo Sacchi, who received an honorary degree in Urbino: ‘The conferment of this degree is the best thing that the Urbino University could have done for what Sacchi has given to soccer and for what he represents for this world.’

Old 16-10-2005, 04:32   #35
Dil dil
Banned

Fav. Players: All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Default Ancelotti fancies Italian job

Ancelotti fancies Italian job
14.10 || webmaster || $source

Source: Football Italia

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti has expressed an interest in one day becoming the Italian national Coach.

Although the tactician intends to see out his contract which expires in 2007, he is thinking about his long term future.

"I still have the same stimulus inside of me which I have always had," Ancelotti told Studio Sport on Thursday.

"I have a lot of objectives to achieve, many of them at the highest level in an environment which I am happy in.

"My target is to carry on with this club but then take on another challenge when I do leave Milan.

"The Italian national team? I would like that a lot."

The San Siro giants recently rubbished claims that Ancelotti would be heading for the exit at the end of this season.

Chief Adriano Galliani publicly declared that the club legend would remain for at least another two seasons.

However, there is now the possibility that he could leave sooner if the Azzurri post became vacant next year.

Current Nazionale boss Marcello Lippi is only tied to the Federation until the summer of 2006.

Should Lippi’s Italy flop at the German World Cup Finals then Ancelotti would certainly be in the frame to take over.

Meanwhile, the former midfielder is confident that Milan’s sluggish start to the campaign has been forgotten.

"After a difficult start the side has begun to mirror last term’s performances," Ancelotti added.

"I’m very optimistic. Some important players are finding their form again, while others like Christian Vieri and Alberto Gilardino are on the right path."

Both players scored for Italy in last night’s 2-1 win over Moldova at Lecce.
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 10:39   #36
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

Ancelotti: Best Match Of The Season

Despite the goalless draw against PSV Eindhoven, Carlo Ancelotti was more than satisfied with his team’s performance.

Milan were unable to break through the Dutch defence on Wednesday night and this resulted in PSV holding on to a precious 0-0 which leaves the group still wide open for any solution. This, however, did not disappoint Ancelotti who was still pleased with how his side played, especially in the second half.

“The team played well, surely the best match of the season, but unfortunately we were unable to finish the huge number of work produced. However I must say that in the first half we centred too much our game, but in the second half we did better. We never risked anything.”

goal.com

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 12:24   #37
17-und-4
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa

Now i want Marco van Basten as our new coach.
17-und-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 12:38   #38
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-und-4
What's he doing now?
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 13:04   #39
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_dk
What's he doing now?
Coaching Dutch national team.
Old 20-10-2005, 13:53   #40
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-und-4
and i wan't

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote