The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: So, should Mourinho come to Milan?
Yeah. He's the man to lead us to world domination. 42 33.07%
He'll bring success, but not aesthetically. No. Stick with Ancelotti. 40 31.50%
No to Mourinho. Enough of Ancelotti. Let's get a new *aesthetic* coach. 30 23.62%
Other 15 11.81%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-10-2005, 00:04   #41
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-und-4
Now i want Marco van Basten as our new coach.
He needs some coaching experience first.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 11:58   #42
DugiNesta
the epic #3

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanist
He needs some coaching experience first.
Van Basten Lead Holand in Germany

Signature
DugiNesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 11:59   #43
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugiNesta
I know, but he hasn't got experience yet.
Old 21-10-2005, 17:36   #44
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugiNesta
Yup, and I think it's his debut as a coach. Just picture how good he'll be after some more experience.

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 18:41   #45
17-und-4
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa

Van Basten does a really great job with Holland.
He plays a very offensive game and he has success with it.
After the world cup in Germany he should be a our coach.
I would be very happy with him!!!
17-und-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 16:45   #46
poppy
Senior Team Member

No matter how good any coach is at managing other team
We won't know if he is suited for the milan job
Until he actually gets here and starts coaching
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 22:12   #47
SempreRossoNero
Viaggiatore

he is so lucky that our players are so talented... it allows him to hang onto his job.. he takes credit for their work.

even with all our winning he still looks close to getting fired! that tells us something!!
SempreRossoNero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 01:29   #48
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SempreRossoNero
he is so lucky that our players are so talented... it allows him to hang onto his job.. he takes credit for their work.
You see, that's the most unfair statement towards a coach.
Yeah, he hasn't been doing things the right way lately, at least the way some of us want. But the victories of our team are also due to him, as well as our defeat haven't been just his fault. This is a team.
I just hate when people say: They won because of the players(and no one remembers the coach or the people that pay the players). And when they lose the scape goat is the coach, while maybe, the defeat was due to a distraction, the lazyness, the lack of ability, or the lack of heart the players showed on the field.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 21:51   #49
SempreRossoNero
Viaggiatore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
You see, that's the most unfair statement towards a coach.
Yeah, he hasn't been doing things the right way lately, at least the way some of us want. But the victories of our team are also due to him, as well as our defeat haven't been just his fault. This is a team.
I just hate when people say: They won because of the players(and no one remembers the coach or the people that pay the players). And when they lose the scape goat is the coach, while maybe, the defeat was due to a distraction, the lazyness, the lack of ability, or the lack of heart the players showed on the field.
a better coach wouldnt have lost with a team like that against liverpool. i victories, in my opinion, are a result of the team being able to overcome his terrible coaching decisions. it doesnt take a genius to win with sheva and maldini on the field. berlusconi is one of the people that pays the players and people will remember him for bringing milan back to prestige so the non-player participants do get credit when they earn it. i havent seen ancelotti ever do anything spectacular besides lose a 3-0 lead to a mediocre team in the CL final. for all of his mistakes just see the CL final thread. i can never forgive him for that. and i also blame him for some of the times when players have a 'lack of heart' as he isnt known as a motivator or team uniter.
Old 23-10-2005, 23:02   #50
Demerio
Photoshop Lieutenant

Fav. Players: KAKA-Pandev-PATO

I dont want a discussion any more of this guy...I WANT HIM OUT!!!

Signature
Demerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 04:53   #51
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Quote:
a better coach wouldnt have lost with a team like that against liverpool. i victories, in my opinion, are a result of the team being able to overcome his terrible coaching decisions. it doesnt take a genius to win with sheva and maldini on the field. berlusconi is one of the people that pays the players and people will remember him for bringing milan back to prestige so the non-player participants do get credit when they earn it. i havent seen ancelotti ever do anything spectacular besides lose a 3-0 lead to a mediocre team in the CL final. for all of his mistakes just see the CL final thread. i can never forgive him for that. and i also blame him for some of the times when players have a 'lack of heart' as he isnt known as a motivator or team uniter.
First of all: Remember the other team also plays. That mediocre team, got motivate. I also think is incredible that we lost a 3-0 advantage...but to blame it all on the coach? Where was the attitude of our players that day at the second half for those 6 minutes?
What else can he do to motivate players that get paid millions of dollars a week? Many of these players(with obvious exceptions) play well when they feel to, but you can't bench them because they'll bitch about it. The 'lack of heart' is the players fault.
When a team loses, is everyone that can be blame. I can't blame Ancelotti if Gatusso gave the ball away, or if Stam stayed static during a corner kick. As well, I can't blame the players if Ancelotti decides to play with three defenders, in a game that didn't require that.
If we don't win anything this year, then yes, good-bye Carlo(or if we hit a deep deep crisis). But is ridicule to blame it all on the coach when the players have their BIG share of responsability on the field.
Old 24-10-2005, 05:07   #52
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
First of all: Remember the other team also plays. That mediocre team, got motivate. I also think is incredible that we lost a 3-0 advantage...but to blame it all on the coach? Where was the attitude of our players that day at the second half for those 6 minutes?
What else can he do to motivate players that get paid millions of dollars a week? Many of these players(with obvious exceptions) play well when they feel to, but you can't bench them because they'll bitch about it. The 'lack of heart' is the players fault.
When a team loses, is everyone that can be blame. I can't blame Ancelotti if Gatusso gave the ball away, or if Stam stayed static during a corner kick. As well, I can't blame the players if Ancelotti decides to play with three defenders, in a game that didn't require that.
If we don't win anything this year, then yes, good-bye Carlo(or if we hit a deep deep crisis). But is ridicule to blame it all on the coach when the players have their BIG share of responsability on the field.
Good post! Well said

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 07:37   #53
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerio
I dont want a discussion any more of this guy...I WANT HIM OUT!!!
i think like you.He gave everything and now it`s time for change

Signature
Bulgarian fan site of AC Milan
http://acmilan-bg.com http://acmilan-bg.com
Here you will find a lot of pictures, news, videos and so on.
FORZA MILAN
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 11:33   #54
SempreRossoNero
Viaggiatore

Quote:
if you want to be so concentrated on players attitudes during 6 minutes, then maybe you should think about ancelottis responsibility to recognize those attitudes and do something to prevent them from wrecking the game.
Old 24-10-2005, 21:03   #55
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Quote:
if you want to be so concentrated on players attitudes during 6 minutes, then maybe you should think about ancelottis responsibility to recognize those attitudes and do something to prevent them from wrecking the game.
As I said before, what else can he do? They get millions of dollars paid per week, that's enough to get a good attitude towards a game. The only thing a coach can do there is to tell the players to keep on fighting for the resut to end; on the field is the players desicion to demonstrat it or not.

My point is: bad results aren't due only cause of the coach fault; the players have(to some point) the biggest responsability.
Old 25-10-2005, 07:26   #56
milanist
Banned

Quote:
As I said before, what else can he do? They get millions of dollars paid per week, that's enough to get a good attitude towards a game. The only thing a coach can do there is to tell the players to keep on fighting for the resut to end; on the field is the players desicion to demonstrat it or not.

My point is: bad results aren't due only cause of the coach fault; the players have(to some point) the biggest responsability.
True, Ancelotti is doing his job fine.
Old 25-10-2005, 21:52   #57
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanist
True, Ancelotti is doing his job fine.
Well he could do better(much better), but what's going on with the team is not only his fault.
Old 28-10-2005, 08:15   #58
milanist
Banned

Sacchi Rebuffs Ancelotti To Real Claims
10/28/2005 7:35:00 AM
The former Italian national team coach denied any possibility that the Milan coach could join the Galacticos.
Arrigo Sacchi has put the word end on the recent rumours linking Carlo Ancelotti to Real Madrid, as the General Director of the Merengues also praised the former Juve coach for the work done with the Rossoneri.

“Him at Real? I think it’s easier that I return to Italy. Carlo is a great coach and would do well anywhere. At Istanbul he had the bad luck of playing very well. When one has great technical qualities, at times luck takes something away.”

[Source: Goal.com]

Old 10-11-2005, 17:50   #59
ambro_forever
амбросини

Fav. Players: ambrosini maldini sheva kala billy albertini leonardo

carlo,please,go home,leave MILAN
ambro_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:02   #60
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

I don't understand why people keep calling for Carlo's head on a stick. Until he really screws up Milan in some huge way, I'll continue to be one of his defenders. I salute the Milan brass for not sacking him after last season. Had we lost the CL final anyway but not in such devastating fashion, I wonder if opinions would be different. Plus, a team can't win everydamnthing every single season, especially since the level of competition seems to be higher than ever.

To blame Carletto for the CL final result is just plain wrong. Losses are not always the fault of the coach. He diagrams the plays and it's up to the players to carry them out on the pitch, but he shouldn't have to babysit them every second, as they are professionals. Sadly, coaching is the most thankless occupation in sports. Heck, Rafael Benitez would likely be facing the chopping block right now if defending champs Liverpool, weak in the EPL, weren't doing so well right now in Europe.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote