The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: So, should Mourinho come to Milan?
Yeah. He's the man to lead us to world domination. 42 33.07%
He'll bring success, but not aesthetically. No. Stick with Ancelotti. 40 31.50%
No to Mourinho. Enough of Ancelotti. Let's get a new *aesthetic* coach. 30 23.62%
Other 15 11.81%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-11-2005, 02:04   #81
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

As soon as he took the job.

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 05:24   #82
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

So what is it you have against Ancelotti? Aren't u AT LEAST should be grateful for the 03 CL, 03 Copa Italia and 04 scudetto? You dislike a coach as soon as he took up the job without giving him a chance? It's ridiculous.

Please don't tell me that he should've won more since regardless of how many trophies that he could or had actually won with Milan, you still want him out. So, please tell us, what is it you have against Ancelotti.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 05:37   #83
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
So what is it you have against Ancelotti? Aren't u AT LEAST should be grateful for the 03 CL, 03 Copa Italia and 04 scudetto? You dislike a coach as soon as he took up the job without giving him a chance? It's ridiculous.

Please don't tell me that he should've won more since regardless of how many trophies that he could or had actually won with Milan, you still want him out. So, please tell us, what is it you have against Ancelotti.
Juve with him was NOTHING special, same case with Milan.
Look at Cappelo's Juve now!
Of course he should've won more trophies with the team he has at his disposal being together for so long it's un-understandble that we aren't perfoming better, but worst!
He ain't a motivator, and that for me is the most important part of coaching
a great side as A.C.M is.
I don't know how many terrible tactic theories and bad matches does Carlo has to have for you to not keep on defending him.

By the way, it's not ridiculous to not have the same opinion !

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.

Old 24-11-2005, 06:04   #84
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGOSLAVIAN
Juve with him was NOTHING special, same case with Milan.
Look at Cappelo's Juve now!
Of course he should've won more trophies with the team he has at his disposal being together for so long it's un-understandble that we aren't perfoming better, but worst!
He ain't a motivator, and that for me is the most important part of coaching
a great side as A.C.M is.
I don't know how many terrible tactic theories and bad matches does Carlo has to have for you to not keep on defending him.

By the way, it's not ridiculous to not have the same opinion !
This is what I like about debating with YUGO, he's always on-line the same time with me

I don't know why you brought his time with Juve into discussion. Maybe trying to cite his past experiences. Talking about past experience, when Sacchi came to Milan, he was nothing with Parma (his former team if not mistaken) and so did Capello (i forgot what he done before coaching Milan except being a temporary coach for Milan when Niels Liedholm was fired before Sacchi came). But look what they won.

Like I said, regardless of how many trophies he won for Milan, you would still want him out. So discussion of his achievements with Milan is invalid because you still want him out. You didn't like him since the 1st day he became Milan coach. What did he do before he came as Milan coach that made you hate him so much and unwilling to give him a chance. That's all I wanna know.

And I'm not defending him. If he has to go, then off he goes, but not in the middle of a season. I cited this in my previous post.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 08:00   #85
milanist
Banned

YUGOSLAVIAN, Ancelotti is still among the best tacticians of all time.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 14:47   #86
Lo Tsar
Banned

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanist
Ancelotti is still among the best tacticians of all time.
Thats one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. You may like him, you may even think he knows his tactics, but to say he is one of the best ever is such an exageratation that it devalidates what you are trying to say
Lo Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 17:21   #87
David
Administrator

He's one of the best right now but he's still too stubborn and he's not that good in changing tactics during the match. His substitutions are mediocre.

And I hope to see him use his 4-5-1 more often.

He'll still have to leave in the next couple of years though, to avoid complacency.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 17:38   #88
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
This is what I like about debating with YUGO, he's always on-line the same time with me

I don't know why you brought his time with Juve into discussion. Maybe trying to cite his past experiences. Talking about past experience, when Sacchi came to Milan, he was nothing with Parma (his former team if not mistaken) and so did Capello (i forgot what he done before coaching Milan except being a temporary coach for Milan when Niels Liedholm was fired before Sacchi came). But look what they won.

Like I said, regardless of how many trophies he won for Milan, you would still want him out. So discussion of his achievements with Milan is invalid because you still want him out. You didn't like him since the 1st day he became Milan coach. What did he do before he came as Milan coach that made you hate him so much and unwilling to give him a chance. That's all I wanna know.

And I'm not defending him. If he has to go, then off he goes, but not in the middle of a season. I cited this in my previous post.
I think I've said it pretty much in my previous post but it seems that
you misunderstood it .
Coaches experiances always counts, that's how you choose a coach, which is by lookin at his past resumee.
Yes Sacchi wasn't so great, but when he took over Milan it was another story, and he has also definetely proved his quality when he was the manager of Azzurri team! Carlo didn't do much, that other average coaches wouldn't have done with this type of talent in the club.

Signature

Old 24-11-2005, 17:38   #89
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Quote:
YUGOSLAVIAN, Ancelotti is still among the best tacticians of all time.
* pihh *

Signature

Old 25-11-2005, 00:07   #90
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Tsar
Thats one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. You may like him, you may even think he knows his tactics, but to say he is one of the best ever is such an exageratation that it devalidates what you are trying to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGOSLAVIAN
* pihh *
And your arguments are...?

Last edited by milanist; 25-11-2005 at 08:11.
Old 25-11-2005, 17:05   #91
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
And your arguments are...?
Do you have any for him being "one of the best ever"? Like all your "arguments" I doubt you do
Old 26-11-2005, 10:17   #92
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Lolz

Signature

Old 26-11-2005, 12:18   #93
milanist
Banned

Quote:
Do you have any for him being "one of the best ever"? Like all your "arguments" I doubt you do
Maybe you should look at his achievements.
Old 26-11-2005, 12:27   #94
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you should look at his achievements.
I have, and compared to the true greats like Clough, Ferguson, Busby, Stien Shankley, Capello, Lippi and Cruyff etc they just don't compare. So to say Carletto is in thier league is simply wrong
Old 26-11-2005, 13:43   #95
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
I have, and compared to the true greats like Clough, Ferguson, Busby, Stien Shankley, Capello, Lippi and Cruyff etc they just don't compare. So to say Carletto is in thier league is simply wrong
hey hey....ferguson is also similar to carlo with his mistakes and was outplayed by carlo last year IMO.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2005, 14:03   #96
Lo Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaboss
hey hey....ferguson is also similar to carlo with his mistakes and was outplayed by carlo last year IMO.
We are not talking about who is more tactically astute right now. Rather why Ancelotti is not an all time great, and on the premises set by Milanist, that is the number of trophies Carletto has won. So on that basis the above are much greater than Ancelotti.
Old 27-11-2005, 10:21   #97
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Cowardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 12:19   #98
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Cowardddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Can you imagine how it is to manage such a big club? It's not CM or FM, it's real. You have so much responsibility. Every tiny mistake you make can cost you the title. So cut that "coward" sht + it doesn't suit you.

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2005, 13:12   #99
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dman
Can you imagine how it is to manage such a big club? It's not CM or FM, it's real. You have so much responsibility. Every tiny mistake you make can cost you the title. So cut that "coward" sht + it doesn't suit you.
Yep, that's why we need a world class coach.
Someone, who's not afraid to rotate the squad,
change tactics, etc.
"Covard" sure suits Carlo and it's shame to deny it.
He's just not the class type for A.C.M

Signature

Old 27-11-2005, 15:51   #100
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Quote:
I have, and compared to the true greats like , Ferguson, and Cruyff etc they just don't compare. So to say Carletto is in thier league is simply wrong
Ferguson a great coach?

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote