The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 02-06-2006, 19:29   #1
Marco Azzuri
National Team Player

Default Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

All i want to say is that the UFC is fucking awsome, these guys are the modern warriors that get into the octogon for one purpose.... To beat the other guy sensless so he is knocked out or until he begs for mercy.

Did anybody watch the other UFC live with Hughed vs. Gracie? I was going to watch it but a buddy backed out in the end to watch the Oilers vs. Ducks.

ANybody watch the last UFC season 3 fight? I expected a lot more from Matt, I wanted to see that other tatoo freak power slammed in some crazy olympic supplex or something but it never happened.
Marco Azzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 20:16   #2
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

that stuff is incredible, but WWE is still my #1 wrestling source

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 20:37   #3
Judigator
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Sheva, Kaka.

You do realise that its pretty much just acting? At least, WWE is. I used to like old school bushido, but nowadays I dont watch any fights, except when I have the opportunity to see some ju-jitsu (I'm practicing it).
Judigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 21:30   #4
TTS53
Rookie

Hi!How are you, im new here, from finland and love Milan of course! Forza rossoneri!
But i also love fights, Yeah friends, ufc is the real thing! i have watched all fights about 3 years and i am the real fan! I love that! I also like pride but ufc is number one! That is brutal sport, things are solved in octogon! I also watched hughed vs. Gracie, that match was good, but not so good i expected. Today i get TUF 3 new episode and will be exited to see matt`s fight
TTS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:03   #5
ACMCEAR
Con il diavolo insieme

Fav. Players: *KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
that stuff is incredible, but WWE is still my #1 wrestling source
Same here....im not actually a great fan of wrestling though
ACMCEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:28   #6
Milanista
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: 03 , 08

triple h is definetly the coolest
Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:47   #7
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTS53
Hi!How are you, im new here, from finland and love Milan of course! Forza rossoneri!
But i also love fights, Yeah friends, ufc is the real thing! i have watched all fights about 3 years and i am the real fan! I love that! I also like pride but ufc is number one! That is brutal sport, things are solved in octogon! I also watched hughed vs. Gracie, that match was good, but not so good i expected. Today i get TUF 3 new episode and will be exited to see matt`s fight
Wecome to the boards

You can introduce urself in the 'Introductions' room

I have no idea who you guys are talkin about, as i used to watch wrestling when it was WWF, and it was awesome. It all seemed so real back then. But now, the whole things resembles a never ending soap opera

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 18:06   #8
Marco Azzuri
National Team Player

Ok so I guess the UFC is only being played in North America on Spike TV. UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship and it is nothing like wrestling. The UFC is full free combat that with very few rules that allowd for full fists and elbows, knees and kicks including any submission moves. It has very few rules and because of it it's fucking amazing.

This is a link that will allow you a small taste of what i am talking about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...45950954&q=UFC

Needless to say I feel so sorry for any of you that are deprived of watching this amazing sport.
Marco Azzuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 18:26   #9
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

I feel sorry for any of you who watch this shit. What a waste of time.

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 18:43   #10
mercy2000
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaladze(the best!), Inzaghi, Leonardo, Albertini, Van Basten, Massaro.

What a rude sport! I watched it on tv just few times but I don't like it.Thank God is not so famous in Italy,where wrestling is getting increasingly famous (especially between kids)... I prefer following judo and martial arts in general,they're not so "empty" (or just acting)like wrestling! However,I respect those who like watching UFC and WWF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
I feel sorry for any of you who watch this shit. What a waste of time.
I suggest you to paraphrase your opinion in a more polite way...There's no reason to say that this is "shit"...it's just another idea of sport..
Remember,you're a mod...give the correct example!

Signature
..alcuni vogliono essere solo storia,altri preferiscono diventare LEGGENDA..
mercy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 19:16   #11
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy2000
I suggest you to paraphrase your opinion in a more polite way...There's no reason to say that this is "shit"...it's just another idea of sport..
Remember,you're a mod...give the correct example!
No I won't rephrase, dear, 'shit' is a perfectly acceptable description of the crap that is being talked about here. Plus, it's my opinion that I'm entitled to express even in a somewhat vulgar manner. Kinda matching the image of the 'sport' if you will. I'd never refer to... say... figureskating as crap, I'd call it what it is.... gay

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 19:34   #12
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
No I won't rephrase, dear, 'shit' is a perfectly acceptable description of the crap that is being talked about here. Plus, it's my opinion that I'm entitled to express even in a somewhat vulgar manner. Kinda matching the image of the 'sport' if you will. I'd never refer to... say... figureskating as crap, I'd call it what it is.... gay
LOL, I see the modship didnt change you 1 little bit
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 20:05   #13
mercy2000
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Kaladze(the best!), Inzaghi, Leonardo, Albertini, Van Basten, Massaro.

Quote:
The UFC is full free combat that with very few rules that allowd for full fists and elbows, knees and kicks including any submission moves.
i watched the videos of the link,it's seems to be in Mtv's Celebrities Deathmatch! (with real people and not clay stuff!)

Quote:
I'd never refer to... say... figureskating as crap, I'd call it what it is.... gay
so for you only football is "the one"?! this sounds kind fascist..
ah,male ice figureskating is amazing..and it's not for gay people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gila#11.
LOL, I see the modship didnt change you 1 little bit

Signature
..alcuni vogliono essere solo storia,altri preferiscono diventare LEGGENDA..
mercy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 20:34   #14
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy2000

ah,male ice figureskating is amazing..and it's not for gay people!
Yeah, The manlyest sport ever!

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:11   #15
rossoneroid
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Azurri
All i want to say is that the UFC is fucking awsome, these guys are the modern warriors that get into the octogon for one purpose.... To beat the other guy sensless so he is knocked out or until he begs for mercy.

Did anybody watch the other UFC live with Hughed vs. Gracie? I was going to watch it but a buddy backed out in the end to watch the Oilers vs. Ducks.

ANybody watch the last UFC season 3 fight? I expected a lot more from Matt, I wanted to see that other tatoo freak power slammed in some crazy olympic supplex or something but it never happened.
Yes, I fancy this kind of mixed martial-arts, but I only watch UFC in his early days, in 1994, when the rule is "No Rule". When the legendary Royce Grazie still playing. In 2000, I prefer the japanese one, Pride Fighting Championship or K1.

And WWE is more to be a sports entertaintment, all of the stories are fake and also the fights, eventhough sometimes the wrestlers were injured.

Last edited by rossoneroid; 06-06-2006 at 04:12. Reason: Fixed the quotation tag
rossoneroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 05:23   #16
Zvonimir Boban
Rookie

Fav. Players: Boban, Baresi, Pippo, Maldini, Pippo, Weah, Rino, did I mention Pippo?, Costacurta

I'll be travelling to Manchester this weekend to watch UFC 70, looking forward to it. Pretty decent card, Cro Cop, Arlovski, Bisping all going to be on show. It's a shame Griffin had to pull out but it should still be pretty awesome.
Zvonimir Boban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 05:45   #17
ORez
The Red & Black Army

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta

There already existed a thread, mods do your magic Search before posting.

Signature
We keep signing players who are hardly making an impact in their own leagues...! And sell those that do good here.

We need to sign forwards from Spain, Midfielders from France and develop our own defenders.
ORez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 06:05   #18
Zvonimir Boban
Rookie

Fav. Players: Boban, Baresi, Pippo, Maldini, Pippo, Weah, Rino, did I mention Pippo?, Costacurta

Erm, I DID do a search, how exactly do you think I managed to find a thread that is almost a year old?

A search for UFC returns no results and 'ultimate fighting' gives you 2 results: one which is this thread and a second asking if Mike Tyson could have kicked Bruce Lee's ass.

Last edited by Zvonimir Boban; 19-04-2007 at 06:07.
Old 20-04-2007, 20:57   #19
ORez
The Red & Black Army

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonimir Boban
Erm, I DID do a search, how exactly do you think I managed to find a thread that is almost a year old?

A search for UFC returns no results and 'ultimate fighting' gives you 2 results: one which is this thread and a second asking if Mike Tyson could have kicked Bruce Lee's ass.
Hmmm, anyways, atleast you tried. Continue this one.

Signature
We keep signing players who are hardly making an impact in their own leagues...! And sell those that do good here.

We need to sign forwards from Spain, Midfielders from France and develop our own defenders.
ORez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 01:26   #20
Zvonimir Boban
Rookie

Not to mention your thread was started after this one so perhaps it's you who should search before posting.

Just got home from Manchester, actually thought Cro Cop might die for a few minutes after he got knocked out. The atmosphere for the Bisping fight was awesome and there were some really good fights on the undercard which compensated for the disappointing Arlovski fight and the absolutely terrible Heath-Machida fight.