The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011/2012 Scottish Premier League title?
Rangers 4 23.53%
Celtic 8 47.06%
Other... 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2006, 22:26   #41
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGasTeR
Where can I find the scottish PL rules ? You know... rules about the foreigners, work-permits, how many teams play in the european competitions etc.
1st usually gets 3rd qualifying round of the champions league or sometimes like this year the champions get straight into the group stages depending on the co-efficient.

2nd gets the 2nd qualifying round of the champions league.

3rd gets the uefa cup 1st round

4th or scottish cup gets the uefa cup qualifying round.
RossoneriScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 22:44   #42
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire

Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini

What's the maximum number of foreigners to play in a team ? You know... here the teams must get no more than 5 foreigners on the pitch. And the work-permits ? Same as EPL ?

Signature
After all that you really do have to ask yourself if it was all worth it... course it fucking was!
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 23:31   #43
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Cafu

Not too sure about the work permits rule.Current internationalists automatically get a permit.Others I think have to prove they are worthy of playing and better than any local talent.As for the number of foreigners I think there is no limit.You could have a team of 11 foreigners and im sure the Huns and Tims have probably done so!
killiegradge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:53   #44
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by killiegradge
Not too sure about the work permits rule.Current internationalists automatically get a permit.Others I think have to prove they are worthy of playing and better than any local talent.As for the number of foreigners I think there is no limit.You could have a team of 11 foreigners and im sure the Huns and Tims have probably done so!
your right although is there not a rule that you must have 3 players in your squad at 21 or younger?
Old 08-08-2006, 15:52   #45
Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoneriScot
rex,

rangers and celtic is one of the biggest rivalries on the planet and both have huge supports in scotland - within glasgow its split basically with different areas being mostly rangers or mostly celtic.
Any spesific status to whom supporters have but split of different areas, for instance naming they Rangers fans are dominated by the wealthy and Celtic's by the workers, laborers etc etc ?

Quote:
the rivalry is so intense because of mainly one thing - sectarianism which no other country to my knowledge has dividing football. the same can be said for hearts and hibs. hibs were founded by irish catholics who came over from ireland during the 1850 potatoe famine the same people then moved west and founded celtic another irish catholic team. on the other hand rangers and celtic are both protestant clubs for reasons im not sure of, maybe because their greatest rivals have catholic origins.
rangers and celtic have controlled scottish football since the late 1980s when aberdeen and dundee utd were dominating. as a hibs fan this pains me to say it but with the emergence of hearts over the last two seasons comes a real challenge to their dominance on scottish football.
rangers and celtic have a huge worldwide fanbase and have two of the biggest fan bases in britain.

sectarianism is an ugly thing and people can be killed over it. it resembles a dark cloud for scotland and something that must be stamped out.
you may have heard of the trouble rangers got into over the sectarian chants when facing villareal in the champs league last season and thankfully uefa are starting to take some action.
I already know about the thing you've said above. But aside from sectarianism 'apply' in Scottish football, what thoughts do they have when the Scottish sides facing the neighbours Premiership sides, shall 'the sectarian chants' be echoing the whole stadium (assuming UEFA has yet take some 'action' to have it cleared up back then) or to the countrary Scottish fans clearly to be good neighbours, behave well after walking out the stadiums when they meet fellow Britain mainland fans ? (PS. No offence, this doesn't mean I consider Scottish fans are jerks etc)

Quote:
celtic were european champions in 1967 beating inter.
rangers were cup winners cup champions in 1972(?) beating dinamo moscow.
aberdeen were cup winners cup champions in 1986(?) beating real madrid.

Hibernian were the first british team in europe in 1956 reaching the semi final of the european cup.

i hope this helps rex and if you want more information on scottish football just ask.
Any head-to-head match-ups' statistic to the Old firm derby thus far ?

@Riccardo,

So you're Celtic fan ? Who is the current player has the main role, indispensable + influenced one into Celtic footballing so far ?

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI

Last edited by Rex; 08-08-2006 at 15:56.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 16:03   #46
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Any spesific status to whom supporters have but split of different areas, for instance naming they Rangers fans are dominated by the wealthy and Celtic's by the workers, laborers etc etc ?

I already know about the thing you've said above. But aside from sectarianism 'apply' in Scottish football, what thoughts do they have when the Scottish sides facing the neighbours Premiership sides, shall 'the sectarian chants' be echoing the whole stadium (assuming UEFA has yet take some 'action' to have it cleared up back then) or to the countrary Scottish fans clearly to be good neighbours, behave well after walking out the stadiums when they meet fellow Britain mainland fans ? (PS. No offence, this doesn't mean I consider Scottish fans are jerks etc)

Any head-to-head match-ups' statistic to the Old firm derby thus far ?

@Riccardo,

So you're Celtic fan ? Who is the current player has the main role, indispensable + influenced one into Celtic footballing so far ?
how dare you!!! I support Hibernian.

Im really not sure about what type of people support celtic or rangers - im not from glasgow and support neither so maybe the celtic fan can help.

mate went to a rangers v newcastle friendly and the rangers fans started up with the english national anthem and rule brittania - the newcastle fans were bamboozled as to why scots would sing the english national anthem - its all religious here whereas england its just rivalry.

i dont know whos won more once again the celtic fan may be able to help more.
Old 08-08-2006, 16:08   #47
Rex

Relax, I know already you support Hibernian. I'm just trying to find out more about what you've said previously.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 16:23   #48
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

Quote:
your right although is there not a rule that you must have 3 players in your squad at 21 or younger?
Yes there is that silly rule.We have had two sub goalies on the bench at times to ensure our quota of U-21's.

As for Ceptic and Rankers?who cares?Certainly the Celtic fans were heard chanting IRA songs on Sunday at Hearts.Personally id just shut the grounds if they sing bigoted songs-Permanently!
Old 08-08-2006, 17:53   #49
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Quote:
Yes there is that silly rule.We have had two sub goalies on the bench at times to ensure our quota of U-21's.

As for Ceptic and Rankers?who cares?Certainly the Celtic fans were heard chanting IRA songs on Sunday at Hearts.Personally id just shut the grounds if they sing bigoted songs-Permanently!
well said

rangers may have to play behind closed doors if it continues!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:44   #50
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

I didn't have any knowledge about Scottish Premier League. In fact, i only know Ranger and Celetic, these 2 teams often enter CL represent Scottish.
But i visited some website and read some data, Ranger had won Scottish Premier League continevious 11 years !!! Unbelieable !!! Even the best Milan can only dominate Serie A 3 years !!! I can't believe any team could dominate the league 11 years !!

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 20:44   #51
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuchen Fish
I didn't have any knowledge about Scottish Premier League. In fact, i only know Ranger and Celetic, these 2 teams often enter CL represent Scottish.
But i visited some website and read some data, Ranger had won Scottish Premier League continevious 11 years !!! Unbelieable !!! Even the best Milan can only dominate Serie A 3 years !!! I can't believe any team could dominate the league 11 years !!
I dont think that Rankers have won 11 consecutive titles.They have won 9 as have Ceptic which is still no mean feat!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:03   #52
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Saturday's Fixtures

Celtic v St Mirren
Hearts v Falkirk
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Sunday's Fixture

Dunfermline v Rangers
Old 11-08-2006, 18:26   #53
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

[QUOTE=RossoneriScot]Saturday's Fixtures

Celtic v St Mirren
Hearts v Falkirk
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Sunday's Fixture
My predictions
Ceptic 3-0 St Mirren
Jambos 2-0 falkirk
ICT0-3 Hibs
killie 3-1 Dundee Utd
Well 0-1Dons
Pars 0-3 Huns
Old 11-08-2006, 21:41   #54
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

[QUOTE=killiegradge]
Quote:
Saturday's Fixtures

Celtic v St Mirren
Hearts v Falkirk
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Sunday's Fixture
My predictions
Ceptic 3-0 St Mirren
Jambos 2-0 falkirk
ICT0-3 Hibs
killie 3-1 Dundee Utd
Well 0-1Dons
Pars 0-3 Huns
I would probably agree with all of them apart from my own teams - think we will get beat tomorrow we always lose to caley im still going though a very long day indeed!
Old 11-08-2006, 22:18   #55
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

[QUOTE=RossoneriScot]
Quote:

I would probably agree with all of them apart from my own teams - think we will get beat tomorrow we always lose to caley im still going though a very long day indeed!
Its only a long way back if you lose!You signed a Morrocan today i see-on a 5 year deal!Aint many of them going around the SPL these days.5 year deals that is though i dont imagine there are too many Morocans either.
Old 12-08-2006, 18:04   #56
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

Ooops didnt do too well on the predictions.

Ceptic 2-0 St.Mirren
Jambos 0-0 Bairns
Killie 0-0 Arabs
Well0-2 Dons
ICT 0-0 Hibs

Well Rossonerriscot I hope youre game was better than mine today.It was one of the poorest games i've seen for some time.Arabs had Lwee Miller red carded after 35 mins and we struggled to break them down.No quality on display at all from either team.Hopefully ill find the Milan game online tonight and that will be better!
Old 13-08-2006, 10:29   #57
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Quote:
Ooops didnt do too well on the predictions.

Ceptic 2-0 St.Mirren
Jambos 0-0 Bairns
Killie 0-0 Arabs
Well0-2 Dons
ICT 0-0 Hibs

Well Rossonerriscot I hope youre game was better than mine today.It was one of the poorest games i've seen for some time.Arabs had Lwee Miller red carded after 35 mins and we struggled to break them down.No quality on display at all from either team.Hopefully ill find the Milan game online tonight and that will be better!
well it was a long day and a pish game. never looked like we were going to score - i tell you if riordan and o'connor were still at hibs we would have 9 points. the new moroccan looks no bad though - a few nice tricks and good on the ball. there was nothing in the final 3rd. thats 9 months without an away win and next away day is a trip to celtic park!

hopefully things will pick up next week against motherwell at ER.

atleast hearts never won!
Old 14-08-2006, 22:43   #58
killiegradge
Senior Team Member

No Gers fans around?Or are they just hiding after their poor performances in the last two games.That PLG is making a big difference isnt he?
Old 15-08-2006, 10:56   #59
RossoneriScot
Primavera Player

Quote:
No Gers fans around?Or are they just hiding after their poor performances in the last two games.That PLG is making a big difference isnt he?
massive difference

i know we are only 3 games in but do the OF and hearts really look that good??? i was really worried before the start of the new season but none have impressed me so far.

i suppose time will tell!
Old 16-08-2006, 06:38   #60
rossoneroid
National Team Player

Quote:
Yeah but things are changing in scotland now.

The old firm were split last season and that could well happen again this season.

Nakamura by any chance???
Yes, it is Nakamura. He is good in deliver free kicks, corners.

Why the glasgow derby were called "The Old Firm" ? And how good is Neil Lennon? Seems that most of the fans is fancy him.

I saw videos about Celtic fans, and they're brilliant and fantastic when supporting their team. That's why Gattuso didn't play in Celtic - Milan game, to avoid getting pissed off by the celtic fans.
rossoneroid is offline   Reply With Quote