The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 01-08-2006, 20:41   #1
K-J
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: TomᚠRosický
Default The Official American Football Thread

Training camps open up all over the United States. Players getting back from injuries (or getting injured).

Anybody here watch American Football. State your favorite teams, players, anything.

Let me start off by saying I'm a HUGE Redskins fan (although it's tough to follow them from Europe). The offseason additions were (like always) grant, and I expect a lot from the upcoming season. However one injury, either to QB Mark Brunell or one of the offensive linemen (no depth), could already ruin the whole season. What Santana Moss did last season is downright inexplicable, even more if you look at what he did for the Jets. Help on the way in the form of Randle El and Lloyd.

What I don't understand is why almost every sports "expert" blasts the Skins for hauling in the big free agents. Even if it does mean splashing out. All the crap about no cap room, that it would hunt us in the future. That we had to cut half our team, where are all the haters now? Seems like our cap expert truelly is an expert.

Throwing big money for Randle El? No problem. He's not a huge receiving threat, but he's a playmaker. Even if he only gets 5-6 touches in the game, those touches are huge gains for your team. Can return kicks/punts and throw the ball or take it for a reverse. Talk about unpredictable.

My other team is the Cleveland Browns. But I'll hold my love story up until there's more interest. I'm really opening my heart here .

PS. Searched for NFL, got squat.

Signature

K-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 21:34   #2
Milanista4_Life
December Here We Go!

Fav. Players: Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou

Go Steelers!! Big Ben!!!! Forza Roethlisberger! P.S. i cant wait until Steelers Vs. Bengals (thats the Steelers Rivalry)

Last edited by Milanista4_Life; 01-08-2006 at 21:45.
Milanista4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 16:47   #3
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

I've been a Dolphins fan since back in the Marino days. I lost interest once Wannstedt took over, but I became hardcore the day that Wanny quit.

I'm looking forward to this year. Saban knows what he's doing and I'm expecting big things.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 16:50   #4
Milanista4_Life
December Here We Go!

Fav. Players: Tevez ,Sheva, Kaka, Owen, Beckham, Dida, Crespo, Mardona, Inzaghi, Riquelme, Messi, Zizou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrvsco90
I've been a Dolphins fan since back in the Marino days. I lost interest once Wannstedt took over, but I became hardcore the day that Wanny quit.

I'm looking forward to this year. Saban knows what he's doing and I'm expecting big things.
they finished last season very good...beating the Patriots....they should be strong this year and reach the playoffs....
Old 03-08-2006, 20:23   #5
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

49ers fan through and through - Been a season ticket holder since 1980. I have tickets to 49ers training camp this weekend actually and am just waiting for the season to start. I usually go to all home games and last year a bunch of my friends went up to Seattle to watch the 49ers get whopped by the Seahawks.

We've had a rough last 5 years, but atleast I got to live through the glory of then 80's and 90's. Fortunatly I think Nolan has the team back on track and I'm hopeing for an 6-10 or 8-8 year.

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:50   #6
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan

I put the 4 best short videos I got from 49ers Training Camp on youtube

Alex Smith to Vernon Davis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk2a3EYLCpI

Alex Smith to Antonio Bryant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5OJRnWg7E

Alex Smith Goes Deep To Antonio Bryant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ttO8-6q0w8

Dilfer To Bajema
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvVw2udJho

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 17:36   #7
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrvsco90

I am a Dolfan too. I don't know much about American football, but I knew what Marino was doing when I was younger was very special. So if Miami does good, I am content.

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa España! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:54   #8
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Haven't watched a game in 2 years ... How are the Rams doing? I liked them in the hay days of Warner, Faulk, Bruce and Holt. The greatest show on turf indeed

PS. Glad the Patriots got their asses kicked
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 16:36   #9
Milanista4_Life
December Here We Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Haven't watched a game in 2 years ... How are the Rams doing? I liked them in the hay days of Warner, Faulk, Bruce and Holt. The greatest show on turf indeed

PS. Glad the Patriots got their asses kicked
yeah me too....Steelers play today! Forza Roethlisberger!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:52   #10
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

I thought I'd revive this thread, not only to talk about the pros, but college as well. I'm hoping my beloved New Orleans Saints can stay undefeated, all the way to the Super Bowl.

And here's something for Ashish

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:02   #11
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

God, ashit.... you really have no idea how disgusting and vile being a gators/tebow fan is.....

Tebow gives hope to every fat white guy who thinks he can be a pro athlete. I know many of them. It's disgusting...
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:00   #12
Lisa
Super Moderator

New Orleans Saints 12-0

Though, they did make it interesting, and they probably wouldn't have won if not for an epic fail by Washington's placekicker, that lead to the game tying drive that sent the game into ot.

Signature
Old 02-01-2010, 01:30   #13
Lisa
Super Moderator

Thanks for all memories Coach! You'll be missed.

Congratulations on a spectacular coaching career and for retiring a winner today!

P.S. Come on Cincinnati...skin a few Gators tonight!

Signature
Old 02-01-2010, 05:57   #14
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Turns out it was Cincy who got skinned tonight. 51-24, with 4 Tebow TDs (one rushing).

Ashish is probably orgasming right now.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 03:14   #15
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio

Fav. Players: Morgan Freeman, Peyton fucking Manning, Tom Hanks, Kendrick Lamar, PK Subban

Lane Kiffin and his dad can go fuck each other sideways. That mother fucker had the nerve to come here, talk tons of shit, stay a year, lose his bowl game, AND THEN BAIL THE FUCK OUT TO USC WITH HIS DAD (defensive coordinator) AND RECRUITMENT GURU, thus fucking up our recruiting at causing recruits to opt out of UT and the last minute. SIGNING DAY IS IN 2 WEEKS.

THEN he had the nerve to say "We're leaving the program better than we found it" and then scurry out of Knoxville before his ass was lynched.

That arrogant fucking backstabbing thundercunt cocksmoker.

(sorry. im a little pissed atm)
SixOneFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 03:44   #16
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

lane kiffin is the ultimate sleeze. Perfect for USC.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 03:56   #17
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Lol well done kiffin
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 04:46   #18
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio

Fav. Players: Morgan Freeman, Peyton fucking Manning, Tom Hanks, Kendrick Lamar, PK Subban

Ashy don't make me take back my statement about you in the Pirlo thread.

To to guys credit, he never snuggled with his quarterback's face on the sidelines. Urban did.
Old 14-01-2010, 04:58   #19
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOneFive View Post
Ashy don't make me take back my statement about you in the Pirlo thread.

To to guys credit, he never snuggled with his quarterback's face on the sidelines. Urban did.
wow champion kiffin

oh give him more credit, kiffin

bestest college coach in us
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 05:04   #20
SixOneFive
Long Live Don Silvio

check your visitor messages ash