The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:22   #1
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Default Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

This thread is dedicated for all ex-Milan players. This can be applied to retired players or those already leaving Milan and currently play in different clubs. I'm not gonna merge threads on Desailly, Baggio or Sheva since they seemed to have a live on their own.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:22   #2
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Well Sheva's massaging Abramovic's balls on a frequent basis.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58   #3
Rex

Ibrahim Ba - no idea where his current trail is. Last reported his contract was terminated by Swedish's Djurgardens IF and subsequently left the club in Januari 2006.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:13   #4
Tsar
Banned

Ayala - currently contributing to the tightest of defences in Spain with Valencia.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46   #5
Hassan
Winning II

Fav. Players: Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kороль
Ayala - currently contributing to the tightest of defences in Spain with Valencia.
Ayala vs Ronaldo!

do you remeber this match?

Signature
Hassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 14:13   #6
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
Well Sheva's massaging Abramovic's balls on a frequent basis.
and rest of the time he is telling his kids how much he loves them....IN ENGLISH

anyway i'm wondering how rui costa is doin? anyone?
he left in the middle of the shevchenko fuzz and well i never found out how he is doing and to be honest i dont even remember the club he moved to....

so anyone following him or knows what he is up 2?

Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 14:37   #7
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymilangirl
and rest of the time he is telling his kids how much he loves them....IN ENGLISH

anyway i'm wondering how rui costa is doin? anyone?
he left in the middle of the shevchenko fuzz and well i never found out how he is doing and to be honest i dont even remember the club he moved to....

so anyone following him or knows what he is up 2?
Rui moved to Benfica, his hometown club, tha the hes supported ever since he started following football.
He had a good start to the season, (scored in CL), but ended up with a knee ligement injury (i think) and missed most of the season. I think hes back now, but will not be a major factor in Benfica's season.
A pity - he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 14:50   #8
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!

^^ fanx mate, that sounds awful!! ah well, as long as he is happy i guess, fanx anyways for replyin

Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 16:20   #9
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Rui moved to Benfica, his hometown club, tha the hes supported ever since he started following football.
He had a good start to the season, (scored in CL), but ended up with a knee ligement injury (i think) and missed most of the season. I think hes back now, but will not be a major factor in Benfica's season.
A pity - he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.
Yeah Rui was superb, i just have his poster and shirt put up in my room.

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 16:28   #10
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Two nights ago, FSC showed a closeup of Rui smiling in the dugout during Benfica-Porto highlights. That was pretty neat.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 16:48   #11
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
Two nights ago, FSC showed a closeup of Rui smiling in the dugout during Benfica-Porto highlights. That was pretty neat.
Rui was captaining the side for some time too na??

And yeah whats up with Rivera , Papin , and Baggio??

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 00:37   #12
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

Quote:
Yup. I think he had just returned from injury
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 00:46   #13
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Speaking of Ayala, he just had a phenomenal game agaisnt Chelsea. Was beaten for the goal, but pulled out a colossal late-match performance. Fantastic headers, good clearances. We should never have allowed him to leave. And by 'we' I mean Valencia. He really wasnt a patch of the player he is today when he was with us. not sure why, but hes definitely doing well.

On another note, yes Rui was captain. I hate the fact that I hardly saw him play at his best. While at Fiorentina, i could never see a game of theirs, and just saw him for a brief stint before kaka came over. Every time he scored though, every pass, every game was just elegant and a joy to watch. Best part of the Golden Generation, MUCH better than Figo IMHO.

Signature

Save Us

Old 05-04-2007, 01:29   #14
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

We miss Rui.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:28   #15
chuel
RICONQUISTIAMOLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZD_Banana
Rui was captaining the side for some time too na??

i think baggio is coaching pirlo privately for free kicks?

http://www.robertobaggio.com/en/

Last edited by chuel; 05-04-2007 at 04:33.
chuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:47   #16
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZD_Banana
If not mistaken Rivera was in the parliament or was. I believe Papin moved too Bayern after his stint with Milan. A couple of years ago I remember there was a soccer game in honor if him. It was played in the Olympique Marseille's stadium (Velodrome?).

As for Baggio, we have a thread dedicated for him somewhere under Football in the forum. Pls check in out or even better, contribute something to it (can be in this thread or there )

Signature
Old 05-04-2007, 07:50   #17
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuel
i think baggio is coaching pirlo privately for free kicks?

http://www.robertobaggio.com/en/
Baggio hapenned to be one of Pirlo's idol. Pirlo was delighted when Inter loaned him to Brescia (season 00/01 if not mistaken). Baggio taught him a lot of things about freekick.

Signature
Old 05-04-2007, 10:28   #18
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

Quote:
yeah, it's great to see him happy with his home team. I remember reading that after he left benfica, he had a friendly against them and scored. Instead of celebrating, he started crying because that was the worst goal of his career.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:09   #19
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Rui Costa is desperate for Benfica to reach the semi finals of the UEFA Cup so that he can help lead the club to glory in Europe after a frustrating return.
Rui Costa Making Up For Los Time
zoom - galleria

The 35-year-old returned to his former club last summer after more than a decade in Italy with Fiorentina and AC Milan, but has had an injury-hit first season.

After dropping out of the Champions League, Benfica now meet one of this season's surprise packages in Espanyol and Costa is keen to make up for lost time.

"I am recovering as fast as I can but I am still looking to find my rhythm," he said.

"If we can pass this round and reach the semi-final I will have more time to recover and find my best form.

"That will allow me to help the team and hopefully we can go all the way and reach the final in Glasgow."

The thigh injury that has limited his appearances for As Águias, but he is ready to do what he can for the cause on Thursday evening.

"I am still not feeling 100 per cent fit and it's very difficult for players my age to recover from the injuries I have had," Costa continued.
"It would be stupid to say I can play the whole 90 minutes but I won't shirk my responsibilities.

"I will do my best to help the team, whether that is from the start or coming off the bench we will have to wait and see."

Costa admitted that he was impressed with Espanyol and knows that it will be a tough encounter in Barcelona.

"We know that Espanyol are a good team and that they have a lot of quality in attack," he added.

"Iván de la Peńa is their best player in midfield - everything goes through him and we will have to be careful when we don't have the ball.

"We will try to get a positive result here in Barcelona which will hopefully give us a chance to progress to the semi-finals in front of our own fans in Lisbon."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forza Rui.
Lets hope Benfica can pull it off. Rui with a goal hopefully

Signature

Save Us

Old 05-04-2007, 18:19   #20
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

I certainly DON'T miss Rui Costa. He was never great @ Milan + went downhill quickly 2003. Our domestical slump starting in January 03, after we had been dominating Serie A until then, not only coincided with Rui's rapid loss of form but was more or less a consequence of it.

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote