The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:00   #41
Faяouk
Banned

Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi
He was at Livorno last year,then he returned to Inter where they totally shut him down,he didnt even had a jersey number.
In december I know he had a unsuccessful trial with Manchester City and after that Torino signed him.I guess he has his old mentor Zaceroni to thank for that one.He isnt playing regularly now.You know he had a huge potential shame he threw it all away....
Girls = Problems.
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:13   #42
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

what about Rivaldo,where's he at now??? Turkey? or back to Brazil.

back in 1999,when he took the golden ball,joining Milan-those were the good times.Only then at some point he started to break down.So from what i remember-his last days layed a bitter taste.
Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:40   #43
GW
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Flamini, Pippo, Nesta, T. Silva, Pjanic, Begovic, Besic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzimoto
what about Rivaldo,where's he at now??? Turkey? or back to Brazil.

back in 1999,when he took the golden ball,joining Milan-those were the good times.Only then at some point he started to break down.So from what i remember-his last days layed a bitter taste.
Rivaldo plays for Olympiakos. I saw him rarely only when Olympiakos plays in CL.
Yes, his career only went backwards since he joined Milan. Just pitty cause he was great at Barca those days.
GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 23:01   #44
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatusso warrior
Rivaldo plays for Olympiakos. I saw him rarely only when Olympiakos plays in CL.
Yes, his career only went backwards since he joined Milan. Just pitty cause he was great at Barca those days.
We didn't need him here, same for Ronaldinho. Imagine Ronaldinho having the same future if he would come to Milan
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:14   #45
ilgenio@serbia
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by teis
We didn't need him here, same for Ronaldinho. Imagine Ronaldinho having the same future if he would come to Milan

Riva was one of the best players in those days....the main problem had been-and also is today ANCELLOTTI!!!he's 70's football couldn't fir Rivaldo in our squad...justi imagine what would have some wuality coach as foe example Hiddink done with those players...Rivaldo...Seedorf...Rui Costa...Inzaghi....Sheva... and we almost lost our CL even if had been absolutely the best squad in the UNIVERSE!!!i love riva and i still watch him today...he's unbelievable...pure talent and magic...for me...he's way better than
Ronaldinho....(of course not now i'm talking about Barca Rivaldo)...And don't forget that Riva every important played on the highest level....
ilgenio@serbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:24   #46
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

True as it is proven that Rivaldo was not even near his best in Milan, I sometimes feel that Sheva's recovery somehow hampered his playing time. At the start of 02-03 season, he was perfect as Inzaghi's partner. Supported by Rui Costa, Milan was actually playing a christmas tree formation since Rivaldo tend to dropped to the midfield (4 creative attacking players in one team, no team ever played like that). And it worked so very well for us, I remember how we trashed Torino 6-0 and Atalanta 4-1 and lead the table comfortably and dominating the CL.

And you might remember that after Sheva recovered and played regularly, Milan lost for the first time vs Chievo and we stopped playing majestically (winning games by single goal margin). So there was an adjustment period for both Milan and especially Rivaldo. It might be either side of the coin since Sheva proved to be very decisive in winning the CL but I just can't help thinking about the effect to Rivaldo. I mean, he was lifting the WC in June 02 and 11 months later he couldn't even get a playing time in CL Final.

But look at the bright side, Rivaldo's inconsistencies forced Milan management to bring Kaka to the first team (original plan was to loan him to some club to get more playing time and get accustomed to Serie A) and he was one of the main factor (aside from Sheva) in winning 03/04 scudetto.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06   #47
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-

Good points gaizka22, but we'll never know if it was due to poor form or some Sheva-effect that costed Rivaldo his place among our first XI.

I'd also like to add that those days when the midfield was packed with creative players were the best days in this millenium, I remember many were comparing that Milan to the 'Il Grande Milan' from the 90's.

I adore Rijkaards guts while at charge at Nou Camp, he really has balls. Not many would've fielded 5 creative midfielders in the same line-up; Xavi-Deco-Iniesta-Messi-Ronaldinho !

Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:14   #48
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta

Quote:
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I don't think we need Ronaldinho or should we even try and get him (although it would be REALLY interesting to have him) but I doubt his career would be hindered if he joined Milan. Yes the Italian league is different that what it used to be but I think it would even be a good thing for him because he would no longer have such a powerful attacking force such as Barcelona's to rely on.
MaldiniISgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:18   #49
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniISgod
I don't know if I'd agree with that. I don't think we need Ronaldinho or should we even try and get him (although it would be REALLY interesting to have him) but I doubt his career would be hindered if he joined Milan. Yes the Italian league is different that what it used to be but I think it would even be a good thing for him because he would no longer have such a powerful attacking force such as Barcelona's to rely on.
I bet everyone thought the same when Rivaldo came
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29   #50
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta

Quote:
I bet everyone thought the same when Rivaldo came
Yeah, it's impossible to know, just my two cents.
MaldiniISgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:46   #51
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velez Mostar
Good points gaizka22, but we'll never know if it was due to poor form or some Sheva-effect that costed Rivaldo his place among our first XI.
I think he lost his starting place due to his poor form rather then Sheva's come back.The only game I saw Rivaldo star was the derby against Inter and after that he disappeared.
Pippo was banging in goals like crazy that season,Rui was having a great season and at the end Sheva caught his rytham.So Rivaldo found himself on the bench.Rui-Pippo-Sheva worked better then Rivaldo-Sheva-Pippo or Rui-Rivaldo-Pippo.We won the CL that season and Rivaldo didnt make any contribution at all so benching him was a right call if you ask me

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:31   #52
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Rui moved to Benfica... he was one of the most elegant and beautiful players to watch.

I agree completely.
MISSED HIM SO MUCH!

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:10   #53
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

I wonder what Roque Junior's doing now.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:41   #54
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor

Now, that's is one ex Milan player that I absolutely don't give a sh** about :- )

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:10   #55
Mr.Diavolo
Rookie

Fav. Players: WEAH, Pippo, Nesta, Pirlo, Kaka, Dida, Gourcuff

Is Weah still doing political stuff in Liberia?
Mr.Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 13:59   #56
TheGrinch
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
He's still playing for Bayer Leverkusen although i think he's injured at the moment.

Signature
The next champion for Galliani - coming soon in golden letters on acmilan.com!
TheGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 14:36   #57
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

I read in some Indonesian newspaper that Danielle Massaro has been appointed as one of the member for Milan Public Relations team. Anybody can confirmed this?

Massaro is such a loyal servant to Milan

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 15:48   #58
Red&Black--Lion
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kirsten kreuk & Angelina Jolie,

I miss Stam , everyone was afraid of him

Signature
Pato: Ronaldo came to me, he was at my side and told me to speak to him if I ever needed something. I've always dreamt of playing alongside him, now I'm happy I can do it."
Red&Black--Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 16:44   #59
ilgenio@serbia
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red&Black--Lion
I miss Stam , everyone was afraid of him
Me too...it was great to see other players trying to avoid Stam...was a hell of a guy
ilgenio@serbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 14:58   #60
Ilgenio
Rookie

Fav. Players: Savicevic, Gattuso, Ancelotti, Stam, Seedorf, Kaladze, Weah, Vucinic

Does anyone know whats up with Florin Raducioiu
Ilgenio is offline   Reply With Quote