The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 08-04-2007, 21:02   #21
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

^^^^^dont worry, the REAL talent will be scouted by our wave-surfing and kangaroo-hunting scouts in down-under.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 21:08   #22
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
our wave-surfing (...) scouts in down-under.
Someone send a starving shark their way

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 21:09   #23
ORez
The Red & Black Army

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta

Al-Ahly is Africa's most successful club. These guys are good. I think the same place from where Hossam Mido (ex Roma) is from (?!)

Signature
We keep signing players who are hardly making an impact in their own leagues...! And sell those that do good here.

We need to sign forwards from Spain, Midfielders from France and develop our own defenders.
ORez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 00:55   #24
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

8-04-2007, Cafonline.com
Latest results: MTN CAF Champions League and Confederation Cup

MTN CAF Champions League

Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) 2-2 Ahly (Egypt)
Nasarawa United (Nigeria) 3-0 Al Hilal (Sudan)
Maranatha Fiokpo (Togo) 0-0 Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia)
Etoile (Congo) 3-1 Al-Ittihad (Libya)
ASEC (Cote d’Ivoire) 2-0 Wydad Casablanca (Morocco)
Esperance (Tunisia) 3-0 Young Africans (Tanzania)
TP Mazembe (Congo) 1-0 FAR Rabat (Morocco)
Cotonsport Garoua (Cameroon) 1-0 JS Kabylie (Algeria)

CAF Confederation Cup

Atraco (Rwanda) 2-2 Gaouafel Gafsa (Tunisie)
ASO Chlef (Algérie) 1-0 Al-Merreikh (Soudan)
Issia Wazi (Côte d’Ivoire) 1-0 CS Sfaxien (Tunisie)
Ismaili (Egypte) 2-1 Green Buffaloes (Zambie)
Benfica Luanda (Angola) 3-0 Astres Douala (Cameroun)
Etoile Filante (Burkina Faso) 2-0 Mwana Africa (Zimbabwe)
Dolphins (Nigéria) 1-0 Hassania Agadir (Maroc)
Union Douala (Cameroun) 1-1 Kwara Utd (Nigeria)

---

Second leg matches are scheduled for April 20-22.

Signature

Old 09-04-2007, 00:55   #25
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faяouk
. When he reached 20 Ruud Kroll took him to the African Nations Cup 1996, Hazem excelled in the tournament and got snapped by Udinese.
Isn't that the tournament where, after being a goal down, Zambia came back back to beat Egypt 3-1 in the quarter finals?

Chipolopolo!!!
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:48   #26
Faяouk
Banned

Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
Oh, aren't you grateful I posted this link like centuries ago ?

Really, don't test my patience. There's an Emam thread, started by you, where you can dump your love declarations for this dud.
Yes I am grateful that you did post this link, and I won't bring that Emam issue again it's just that madtherchot wanted to know more about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORez
Ahly is the best team in Africa, I think that's were Mido started his career
You are WRONG. El Zamalek is the best team in Africa, and Mido started his career in Zamalek and is a huge fan; he has promised to finish his career with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Isn't that the tournament where, after being a goal down, Zambia came back back to beat Egypt 3-1 in the quarter finals?

Chipolopolo!!!
Yes it is, but you didn't win the tournament in the end; and two years later we taught you a lesson in football when we hammered you 4-0 BTW, how are they doing now? they've been on the decline and I hardly hear about them these days.

Last edited by Faяouk; 09-04-2007 at 07:51.
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:57   #27
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Cameroon star makes Arsenal Nice player ... can be suspect of giving up possession a little to easily, but he's better than average IMO.

In other news, Ivorian side Asec beat Morocco's Wydad Casablanca 2-0 in the third round, first leg tie of the Champions League.

Ooops ... didn't see your post Passion

Ismaili (Egypte) 2-1 Green Buffaloes (Zambie) ... looks a positive result + something to build on but I've Buffaloes (i.e. Zambian Army's team) throw away even better away results at home. Zanaco, as usual, out before the tournament even really kicked off ... they suck

Last edited by GreatKalu; 09-04-2007 at 14:02.
Old 12-04-2007, 00:31   #28
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Clubs demoted in Ghanaian scandal

Durosimi Thomas
BBC Sport, Accra

Four clubs in Ghana's second tier of football have been demoted to the fourth tier by the Ghana Football Association (GFA) for match-fixing.

The quartet - Great Mariners, Nania FC, Okwawu United and Tudu Mighty Jets - were also fined US$20,000 following Wednesday's findings.

The GFA also decided to ban certain players and officials from the clubs for a year.

All the players who were on the pitch at the end of both games, including two late substitutes, have been banned for 12 months from all competitions organised by the GFA.

The ban affects three-time African Footballer of Year, Abedi Ayew Pele, who owns and manages Nania FC.

Nania and Mariners were level on points in their group and needed to win their final matches to qualify for the country's top league, the Premiership.

Nania beat Okwawu United 31-0 while Great Mariners triumphed 28-0 over Mighty Jets in the First Division last month.

Pele was banned because he was present on the technical bench of his side on the day of the match.

Meanwhile, Mighty Jets have indicated that they will appeal their second ban in four years.

The Tudu-based club were banned for one year in 2003 for withdrawing from a competition organised by the GFA but were later reinstated after a court action.

"Our lawyers are studying the verdict but for sure we will appeal against this gross injustice that has been perpetrated without evidence," Mighty Jets president Abubakar Nallah told BBC Sport.

"There should be no illusions about this because we will fight this to the hilt, like we did in 2003."

---

I somewhat followed the story on Ghanaweb + can't deny I'm surprised the GFA acted so quickly. Since some high profile guys are involved, I mean even I have heard of Abedi Pele before , I can't help but wonder if the rulings will be enforced.....

Signature

Old 15-04-2007, 09:11   #29
GreatKalu
I still believe!

^^ Yeah, it is quite shocking that the Ghanaian Federation is acting on it quickly + harshly. What isn't surprising is you knowing Abedi Pele ... a great player Sad that he's involving himself in such activities especially since younger players, who have him as an idol, might just be getting the wrong ideas. So big props to the GFA.

ALL AFRICA Games : Decision time for last four

The battle for the remaining four slots for the 2007 All Africa Games will be decided this weekend as the second leg of the third round qualifiers is cleared.

Following last Monday's draw, all eight teams are said to be having high hopes of competing at the Algiers games.

In Yaounde, Cameroon have a tall order to overturn a two goal deficit against Gabon in Zone IV to confirm a place in Group B. It is in this regard that coach Martin Ndtoungou Mpile has invited some six foreign based players including Christian Bekamenga of Indonesia first division side Persib Bandung and Ngfal Serge of Unaio Leira in Portugal for the second leg.

According to Mpile, "As the defending champions, we cannot afford to miss out.Thats why we are approaching the game with the seriousness it deserves."

The Young Teranga Lions of Senegal hosts Guinea in Dakar in the determination of the solitary slot of Zone II after a one all draw in the first leg.

Zambia's 4-0 thrashing of Mozambique ( ... at least the base for a future revival is there) in Maputo, puts them a step closer to the games.Former Star, Peter Kaumba and his boys are not taking chances and have promised to mark their qualification in grand style with another convincing win.South Africa looks set to wrap up the second ticket of Zone VI against Bostwana with a two goal lead from the first leg.

The winners of the Zambia-Mozambique and Botswana-South Africa games will play in Groups B and A respectively.

The All Africa Games comes off in July in Algiers.

The full fixtures
Zone II
Guinea 1-1 Senegal
Senegal vs Guinea

Zone IV
Gabon 2-0 Cameroon
Cameroon vs Gabon

ZONE VI
Mozambique 0-4 Zambia
Zambia vs Mozambique

South Africa 2-0 Botswana
Botswana vs South Africa
Old 16-04-2007, 11:34   #30
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Results:All African Games Algeria 2007
Third Round

Zone IV
01/04/2007 Gabon 2-0 Cameroon
15/04/2007 Cameroon 5-0 Gabon

Zone VI
31/04/2007 Mozambique 0-4 Zambia
14/04/2007 Zambia 3-2 Mozambique

01/04/2007 South Africa 2-0 Botswana
15/04/2007 Botswana 0-2 South Africa

So, participants are ...

Host country: Algeria
Zone I:Tunisia
Zone II: Guinea
Zone III: Ghana
Zone IV: Cameroon
Zone V: Egypt
Zone VI: Zambia and South Africa
Old 16-04-2007, 17:13   #31
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Default Côte d'Ivoire - Ivory Coast

Eléphants coach Uli Stielike visited CIV to attend Ligue1 + CAF CL matches as well as ASEC + Africa Sport training sessions + to hold talks with officials + coaches, a gesture that prompted ASEC coach Liewig to praise Uli's initiative + that seems to indicate his predecessor Henri Michel didn't really bother monitoring local talent...

C'est une bonne nouvelle de voir le sélectionneur national à notre séance d'entraînement. Je crois qu'il faut encourager ce genre d'initiative.

Anyway, last item on Stielike's itinerary was the Ligue1 derby between ASEC + Africa Sports yesterday which ASEC managed to win 1-0, with Ghanaian Idrissu Abdul Nafiu scoring in injury time.

Signature

Last edited by Passion for *9*; 16-04-2007 at 17:22.
Old 16-04-2007, 17:50   #32
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Where do you get all this info from?

Well seems like a good coach ... wasn't he the coach of Swaziland?
Old 16-04-2007, 18:22   #33
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Where do you get all this info from?
Well... you have to understand I can't reveal my sources

Kidding.

Mainly Abidjan.net, FIF website + sport-ivoire.ci

I was deluding myself into thinking that with a German coach info would flow freely right into German media outlets... but... boy was I wrong.

Quote:
Well seems like a good coach ... wasn't he the coach of Swaziland?
Switzerland More recently he worked for the German Football Federation, was in charge of our U-18, later U-21 etc... but when flair + 'youth' a.k.a. Matthias Sammer moved in as a Technical Director, his contract wasn't renewed + he later accepted CIV's offer. I'd say he's maybe a bit 'old school' (at least for the new suits in the DFB 'Führung', as mentioned before) but it might not be a bad thing at all, since what African teams lack most of the time are discipline, defensive solidity + tactical awareness.

Signature

Old 16-04-2007, 18:31   #34
Faяouk
Banned

Fav. Players: Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta

Henry Michel has extended his contract with El Zamalek for the next two years ... he will be paid 60,000$/month.
Old 16-04-2007, 19:07   #35
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Mainly Abidjan.net, FIF website + sport-ivoire.ci

I was deluding myself into thinking that with a German coach info would flow freely right into German media outlets... but... boy was I wrong.
I'm sure info will flow in sooner or later ... Besides, they haven't competed in a major tournament under him yet

Both Ivorian sites are French ... never like the Alliance Française part-time classes in addition to normal school back in the day. I'm still actually looking for a good website with African news ... can you imagine

Quote:
but it might not be a bad thing at all, since what African teams lack most of the time are discipline, defensive solidity + tactical awareness.
Exactly ... but what caught my eye is you mentioning he's been involved in your youth programs, which I think, makes him a perfect candidate for both current and future footballers. Damn FAZ still apparently making a decision that's so far taken almost 13 months
Old 16-04-2007, 19:13   #36
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Henry Michel has extended his contract with El Zamalek for the next two years ... he will be paid 60,000$/month.
LOL.. I didn't even know he was coaching Zamalek.. After his post-WC declarations about 'having enough of African football' I thought he had retired or sth.. Not a single mind out there that can't be corrupted with a simple paycheck. Truly.... sad

So how's he doing ?

Signature

Old 16-04-2007, 19:42   #37
Faяouk
Banned

Quote:
LOL.. I didn't even know he was coaching Zamalek.. After his post-WC declarations about 'having enough of African football' I thought he had retired or sth.. Not a single mind out there that can't be corrupted with a simple paycheck. Truly.... sad

So how's he doing ?
He arrived last January and had not wasted a single point in the league, but he got us out of the African Champions League so early against an easy side Al hilal from Sudan.

He is re-building the team so we can starting from next season win tournaments, All in all he's been doing above average ... we are second in the league and still have hope won all games under him, just that he got us out of the CL was the only negative thing. Can't blame it all on him since he wasn't here from the start if the season, wasn't responsible for transfers or pre - season training camp.

and yes, money does make wonders.
Old 16-04-2007, 19:58   #38
ORez
The Red & Black Army

Quote:
You are WRONG. El Zamalek is the best team in Africa, and Mido started his career in Zamalek and is a huge fan; he has promised to finish his career with them.
Quote:
Ahly is the best team in Africa, I think that's were Mido started his career
Now thats not what I said you silly mfker

Quote:
Al-Ahly is Africa's most successful club. These guys are good. I think the same place from where Hossam Mido (ex Roma) is from (?!)
Al-Alhy IS the most successful club of Eygpt, and they are voted African Club of the Century too so kindly stfu k thx.

Signature
We keep signing players who are hardly making an impact in their own leagues...! And sell those that do good here.

We need to sign forwards from Spain, Midfielders from France and develop our own defenders.
Old 17-04-2007, 02:15   #39
Faяouk
Banned

Quote:
Now thats not what I said you silly mfker

Al-Alhy IS the most successful club of Eygpt, and they are voted African Club of the Century too so kindly stfu k thx.
Taking it to personal insults? really it's pathetic, I have better things to do than argue with someone half the way around the world and on the internet. And yes Zamalek is better than Al Ahly and I don't need to prove it.
Old 17-04-2007, 08:01   #40
ORez
The Red & Black Army

Quote:
Taking it to personal insults? really it's pathetic, I have better things to do than argue with someone half the way around the world and on the internet. And yes Zamalek is better than Al Ahly and I don't need to prove it.
Thing is you CANT argue... you just twist and make shit up! HAH! Zamalek and Al Ahly can both go to hell for all I care.

Signature