The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

View Poll Results: Should we have a post of the day thread?
Yes, it would add a filter to get in this thread 5 20.83%
No, it's too similar to this one 2 8.33%
Don't care 5 20.83%
I accidentaly clicked this option while having solo-sex 4 16.67%
Whoever made the poll is an idiot. 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 11:22   #21
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
Kyara, I have those images on a photo carpet dedicated to Milan (sub carpet-the fans-).
Can I see?

Thanx Velez
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 13:31   #22
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyara
Can I see?

Thanx Velez
oopsy, I just realized I wrote "carpet"---it was folder (carpet it would like in spanish, I'm really sucking at my english skills lately, but my espanglish is doing great apparently ), well, maybe on june I'll make a Milan carpet, I have a lot of newspapper pics saved.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 19:26   #23
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
Kyara and Donie, thanks for quoting my post. Glad to know that my post could add some knowledge to fellow Milan fans or struck a chord in our collective minds. Weeks ago I was actually trying to locate the post quoted by Kyara, thanks for finding it for me.
No worries. I just wish I could unearth more of your craftsmanship. Throwing modesty out of the forum for a second, I have a few posts I felt proud of after penning, but it seems to me they were many years ago....I would have to dig deep to find them.

Okay, back to reality and I am selfless again!

However....I think everyone will be able to find some humor in this thread. Mind you, this was years ago, and I was a bit more ruthless in my criticism in these days. I have almost grown up now though.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...hlight=Ittihad

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa España! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.

Last edited by DonippoKakaShevdini; 05-05-2007 at 19:36.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 19:59   #24
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
@ DonippoKakaGourdini...

i would nominate that post in which you addressed me as "quadruple z"... it is a pity it got deleted amidst the chaos...
I don't recall that!!! Possible I was inebriated while positing. It happens from time to time.

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa España! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54   #25
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4milan
I didn't see the match so I can't comment on it, but it's nice to hear that Serginho & Redondo's fitness are very much better

Didn't people say that Borriello was the next Van Basten??
made me laugh so hard...

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 18:28   #26
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Someone in the "Time to Sell" thread wanted to sell Rino becuase he "wasn't a good attacker". So I let him have it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael
Ah yes, I forgot that every midfielder has to attack(lie). Rino is so stupid(lie), only an idiot would think of actually playing defense(lie).
You are absolutely right(lie)! We should sell Rino because he isn't good enough on ATTACKS (lie). The notion of a midfielder playing defense is absurd(lie)!

I suspect the next person you want to get rid of is Dida, because he doesn't score goals like Palop?

Seriously, stop acting like an "expert" on football. I bet all you care about are "Goals, Goals, GOALS!" The basic concept of football can be divided into 4 General groups:
  1. Attacking
  2. Defending
  3. Playmaking
  4. Coaching

Signature

MILAN

Last edited by Sasha; 22-08-2008 at 17:34.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 18:36   #27
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

lol....
the point of this thread is for others to nominate your posts!!!

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 23:50   #28
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

^Yeah, don't put your own posts.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 00:17   #29
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Wel obviously someone had trouble finding that beautiful post, so I helped him/her out...

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:34   #30
Tsar
Banned

It was a shite post that you didn't need to parade again, Rocky.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 18:51   #31
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Sorry Gaizka and co but nothing beats this post. This happened after the milan vs man utd match when someone asked who the man of the match was, this was Marcus reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Costacurta!!!

Don't know what this victory did to me but all i know is that i love costacurta and wish he was here so i could hug him...

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 18:55   #32
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Sorry Gaizka and co but nothing beats this post. This happened after the milan vs man utd match when someone asked who the man of the match was, this was Marcus reply
Oh God, not this post again
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 03:11   #33
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

I honestly like this. The kind of post that makes u think and challenge you to come up with something equally good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion for *9*
I think the difference is that the EPL, thanks to the windfall brought by Russian + American billionaires willing to spend, as well as superior marketing, has attracted good players + a couple of good coaches as well. Coaches like Benitez, Mourinho + also Wenger who have definitely managed to add a new technical + tactical dimension to what used to be commonly known as 'the English game'. Right now, Manure, hate to say it, can outpace anyone. Liverpool can outcatenaccio anyone AND launch a lethal counter at the right time. Chelsea can outmuscle + outfight anyone. At the same time they're all sufficiently technically skilled to compete with Spanish + Italian teams which used to be regarded superior technically. In other words, the top EPL teams have mixed European influences + the best of the English game to take the game to a higher level altogether, while the rest of Europe is watching + wondering....

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 06:51   #34
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

^^^ Hahaha...

Epilogue :

In the end, however, Mighty Milan will prevail + put a crappy season behind + those nouveaux riches + parvenus in their place.

LOL

I got carried away a little. I think success comes in cycles + with all the money in the game right now + seemingly no end of the prospering in sight, the EPL might face a similar fate as Serie A... Some sort of implosion + self-cleansing.. once the dirt will come to the surface. The more is at stake, financially, the higher the likeliness of corruption. Has there ever been a more rigged game than Manure-Everton ?

Generally, regarding truly keep-worthy posts, I'm not sure if I wrote more than 5 or 6, but they're lost in the forum vault anyway, like so many of the better contributions floating around here 2003-05 + that's a pity. Not for my modest input, but for the bigger + better ... rest.

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 07:51   #35
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Any post from gaizka22 is deadset Gold

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 12:45   #36
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
Any post from gaizka22 is deadset Gold
Thanks mate, IMO everybody can make good posts, as long as they have enough time to do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipa
gaizka22 pwns all !!

His post are although very long but always good to read.
LOL, You should see the office emails I wrote for my team . I've always had this unconsummated desire to be a novel writer. I borrowed a lot from Tolstoy style : full of emotional description.

Look at me, gloating at all the attention

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 07:46   #37
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

is there a way not being emotional about milan?
the quality of expressing one's emotions about milan is what makes a good post.

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 08:15   #38
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
I wrote this last nite with the match thread as the place to post but this thread would suffice. I finally have some time to collect my thoughts on the win. For me this CL 07 win was probably the most emotional CL and Champions Cup triumph that I’ve experienced.

In 89 and 90 with the Dream Team (after winning the scudetto in 88) we proved that we were the best team in the whole world and the question was how many times we can do it. Although Olympique Marseille beat us next season (with the stadium floodlight scandal that brought the suspension from UEFA) but there was an atmosphere of full confidence that the team still had so much to offer since the core of the team was still intact.

In 94 we displayed such menacing defense and the only temporary scare was when we had to face Barca in the final without Baresi and Costacurta. The football lesson we displayed overshadowed the fact that we also won the scudetto in the same year (albeit unconvincingly since we only scored 36 goals throughout the whole season). Before the game many of us felt “at least we still won the scudetto”. It was magic, we felt that we could still win the game but a 4-0 mauling was truly beyond our wildest dreams.

In 03 we played beautifully throughout the whole group stage (even managed to gave away the last 2 games in each group stage since we qualified so early) and although we did just enough to beat Ajax and only qualified through the final by way of away goal vs Inter; we still oozed confidence and class. The arrival of Nesta finally ended Maldini’s search for the perfect partner that he’s been missing since Baresi, Rui Costa sprayed assists everywhere, Pippo scoring freely and Sheva recovered just in time. CL 03 trophy was a just and fair reward of the performance we showed.

But this time, this 07 season, everything seemed went bad for us. The biggest blow came even before the new season starts when we lost Sheva and when you lost the 2nd all time scoring record for your 100+ years club, it will take some time to find a replacement. Then came the calciopoli scandal and the points deduction. Sheva’s departure along with the scandal simply signaled to one thing: the end of an era. We dreaded the thought of having the likes Maldini and Costacurta end their glorious career in a low note.

Along with our domestic season, we failed to shine. True we topped the group but 1 draw and 2 losses from a group that consists of the likes of AEK Athens, Anderlect and Lille is far from convincing. An extra time goal from Kaka vs Celtics instilled the belief that a semifinal is the highest we can get. We only propelled ourselves starting with the away game vs Bayern and showed the world that we can still do it .

Then there’s an emotional baggage of Istanbul in 05. When you live in an EPL saturated region like Asia, where ESPN Asia never failed to mention this every time the name of Lpool and AC Milan is mentioned and when there’s enough contingent of Lpool fans (glory hunter or true ones); you will be haunted. They say it’s either the biggest comeback or meltdown in the history of Champions Cup/League or some neutral fans will say it’s the greatest cup final they’ve watched. But it only points to one fact : we lost in such a hurtful way.

The very mention of Turkey the country, or anything Turkish will bring back the memory of that crazy 6 minutes, that Dudek double save, that miss from Serginho, Pirlo and Sheva. Any Lpool game in any competition will be silently watched with disdain. Any mention of Benitez or Lpool players (active, already moved to other club, or even already retired and didn’t take any part in the Istanbul game) will boil my blood. Any penalty shoot out will sent a shiver. The sight of any Reebok products and Calrsbeerg ad will forced a dry smile from me. Any songs from the Beatles will sound like “You’ll Never Walk Alone”. Even if I watched Crespo plays with Inter or Sheva with Chelsea, it still hurts. All this will still make me take a deep breath and exhale it sadly. The only outlet of redemption is through PlayStation games and you just hope that we will be given one chance and one chance only (cue Mel Gibson speech in Braveheart) to prove that Milan still have the guts to do it.

Just today a friend of mine (big Lpool fans) said he won’t be able to listen to any sport program or read any sport related news for at least 2 weeks because the loss will somehow got the mention. Deep down I asked him silently “It’s been only few days and no doubt that you’re still hurt. Now imagine the feelings we Milan fans had to endure for the last 2 years since it took us that long to get over it and exorcise the demons of Istanbul”.

That’s what I felt, exorcise the demons of Istanbul! Milan players and staff said it’s not about revenge, it’s not about finally got something that we let slipped from our hands. They said it’s a different game and that they didn’t feel it. But they’re wrong. Deep down they know it’s all about revenge and we fans know it too. That was the text message I sent to other Lpool fans minutes after we beat ManU : revenge.

In the news after the final the media will understandably mention Istanbul, some TV stations will even show clips of that game before showing parts of the Athens game. I still felt a pang of pain with that loss but somehow with this win, the pain is less, as if a Scarlett letter has been taken out of our jersey, as if the burden is finally gone. Somehow we can finally close down that bitter chapter in our collective memory and somehow we can say ‘we got our revenge and we won’.
beautiful
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 10:10   #39
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthClaw
beautiful
Well i was just about to quote the same post. Great work Gaizka

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 22:16   #40
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dida
i would rather stick to seedorf than bring in ronaldinho..
he is crap
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote