The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 05-05-2007, 18:59   #21
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugiNesta
Abbiati, he's still great goalkeeper and he's gonna great sub for dida.
Yeah, but that's precisely the reason he became disenfranchised with staying at Milan.

To whomever opened the thread (I'm not in the mood to dig up names now): could we quit spelling it "Ac.Milan," please? It's AC Milan. Thanks.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:28   #22
edika_kaka
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka,Steven Defour

seems like boriello will transfer to livorno..
nicola pozzi will play at ac milan next season..
edika_kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:51   #23
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besfort

Born: 26.10.1984
Heigh: 1.84
Nationality: Ghana
Leg: Right
Interesting article about him

Ciro Barusso: Manfredonia legend at 22 By Chris Beattie - April 11, 2007

The first anniversary of his departure may be looming, but Manfredonia fans know the impact made by Ahmed 'Ciro' Barusso is sure to be felt by their little club for years to come.
Now with Serie B Rimini, Barusso has firmly etched his name in Manfredonia's history after helping the once amateur club win triple promotion from the lower reaches of Serie D to Serie C1 last season. But his legacy doesn't end there, with the Ghana international destined to make Manfredonia a small fortune courtesy of a mooted sell-on clause negotiated in his move last summer.
And Manfredonia management may not be waiting long for the Barusso windfall. AC Milan, Inter and Arsenal are all seeking talks with Rimini - despite the 22 year-old being out of action since October with a broken leg.
Barusso's first weeks in Serie B were stunning and quickly had Rimini coach Leonardo Acori predicting: "He's an outstanding talent, destined for Serie A."
Indeed, with Milan posting scouts at Rimini games to trail on-loan pair Digao and Alessandro Mati, the reports would come back dominated by Barusso's performances in those first months of the season.
Soon Milan were discussing first refusal with Rimini for the midfielder, who is being lined up by the Rossoneri as a natural understudy for Rino Gattuso. However, despite their close relationship, a move to Milan is not guaranteed, with bigger spending Premiership clubs also aware of Barusso's rapid progress.
All the while, Manfredonia are waiting in the wings - and expect at least a cool Ł1 million from any sale of their former star.
The gamble is paying off for Manfredonia president Angelo Riccardi, who risked a supporter backlash last summer when he decided to cash in on the Ghanaian favourite.
"The sale of Barusso," Riccardi admitted, "has made us all suffer, considering the affection that we all had for 'Ciro'. No-one will forget his arrival in Manfredonia: a boy with exceptional physique, but in the beginning timid, almost frightened.
"But everyone who saw him in those first few training sessions recognised his quality. He had great technical ability to go with his physique and in time he gave us all reason to believe that our dreams for Manfredonia could be realised."
Riccardi came in for stiff criticism from fans for letting Barusso go - and accepted their anger: "It's understandable. The response is only because they have believed blindly in Barusso. For the past two years they have followed him every Sunday, watched him grow. Of course they are going to be upset without Barusso playing for them."
It was Black Stars legend Abedi Pele who first alerted Manfredonia to Barusso over three years ago. Spotted by Pele while with FC Nania of Accra's youth team, Barusso was recommended to Franco Janich, who had close ties to Manfredonia while they were still an amateur club in Italy.
Barusso arrived at Manfredonia as a centre-half and wasn't moved into his more natural position of central midfield until promotion had been won to Serie C2.
"From when I was playing in Ghana, to also playing with the U18 national team, I have always been regarded as a central defender," said Barusso. "But when I arrived at Manfredonia, I had to adapt. The coach would play me in several positions, including on the wing. It was a learning experience, but soon it became apparent I could do my best work in central midfield."
It was in the Manfredonia engineroom that Barusso was quickly drawing comparisons with some of Ghana's modern day greats - including Michael Essien and Sulley Muntari. It's understood one Milan scout has likened him to former Rossoneri defender Marcel Desailly, with Barusso's power and ability to lift teammates similar to the French World Cup winner.
Riccardi knew what he was doing when he agreed to sell to Rimini. "You will see," explained the Manfredonia supremo, "in Serie B he will continue to improve - and his value will go up."
As they enjoy their Serie C1 campaign, Manfredonia's current team share equal top billing in the local press with news of Barusso's progress at Rimini. The potential cash raised from his sale is critical for Manfredonia's fans, but there remains also a genuine affection for the big Ghanaian, who risked it all to drive their club from amateur status to competing with the likes of Perugia this season.
On the pitch, Barusso contributed to a stunning run of three consecutive promotions for Manfredonia. Off it, improvements to the stadium and club facilities will all be paid for when he inevitably earns that big-money move. The legacy of a young lad from Accra is sure to be felt by Manfredonia for generations to come.
http://www.**************.com/article.php?id=35606

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:24   #24
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Abbiati wants first team action. He aint going to come to Milan to sit on the bench again. Either we sell him or we loan him off once again.

Pozzi should replace Borriello who will most likely move to Livorno, whilst Marzoratti could be nurtured, as Gourcuff has for the current season, for next season.

I'd also like to see more of Aubameyang and Di Gennaro next season. I don't think we should look else where for talent when clearly we have bucket loads in our own backyard.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:43   #25
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besfort

Born: 26.10.1984
Heigh: 1.84
Nationality: Ghana
Leg: Right

Position: Defensive Middflelder

Ps. He Looks like Freddy Adu
Looks like Pele is this...
Whatever , I suppose these players wont get starts , I would expect mazoratti to be just the one entering the main team and also digao , rest , loan em again.

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:44   #26
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
Abbiati wants first team action. He aint going to come to Milan to sit on the bench again. Either we sell him or we loan him off once again.

Pozzi should replace Borriello who will most likely move to Livorno, whilst Marzoratti could be nurtured, as Gourcuff has for the current season, for next season.

I'd also like to see more of Aubameyang and Di Gennaro next season. I don't think we should look else where for talent when clearly we have bucket loads in our own backyard.
THis guy is actually awesome , man , id love to see him in place for seedorf as a subsitute and maybe Give gourcuff a start in place of pirlo.

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 21:47   #27
Quinni 17
Gold Tie Hero

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.

pozzi was regarded as a very talanted agent when he first came on the market followed by all serie a teams and he signed for milan we have done the right moves loaning him out to empoli so he could gain serie a experience bring him back hes better than that pile of fieces borrielo. Pozzi is playing well at empoli at the minute.
Quinni 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:17   #28
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Yeah, we could either keep Pozzi or get another youngster like Huntelaar or Pazzini, Rossi. But someone like Eto'o would also be nice ... My strikers for next season: Ronaldo, Pippo, Gila, Eto'o, Pozzi/Huntelaar/Pazzini.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03   #29
censorthiis
World Cup Winner

Not sure if this belongs here, but...

UNDER 21: MARZORATTI AND POZZI SELECTED
5/10/2007

MILAN - Under 21 Italy national coach Pierluigi Casiraghi has pre-selected 30 players for the European Championship in Holland from June 10 to 23. Youth players Marzoratti (co-owned by A.C. Milan and Empoli F.C.) and Pozzi (plays with Empoli but on loan from A.C. Milan) have been included in his list.

acmilan.com
censorthiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 14:57   #30
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

If we get Pozzi to Milan we should sack Boriello to Livorno and trade him for Amelia.

Another good striker should be bougt and like everyone says
Di Gennaro and Aubemwyand (or how you write it)

but Maybe also Darmian and Antonelli , 2 good defenders who already play for Italty - 21 (I think ?)
Get them to the A - squad or loan them out to Empoli or Livorno or another club who has a great player we should get.
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 15:04   #31
Mystik
National Team Player

Darmian is Under-18 I believe. I've never read anything about Antonelli being called up but he did have 1 good game in the coppa italia against Brescia for us.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2007, 01:25   #32
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

^He played average. Had a good first half but when Brescia went on the attack he absolutely got munched... but apparently he is one of our best talents...

Signature

Old 13-05-2007, 01:27   #33
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Yes Pozzi is a very promissing player. We beat Juventus for his signature a few seasons back. Was labbed the next Filippo Inzaghi but he is more of a target man. Bonazzolli, Bazani, Gilardino type of player.

Signature

Old 26-05-2007, 17:51   #34
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Donati is coming back ... did he had any good season ?

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 18:14   #35
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besi
Donati is coming back ... did he had any good season ?
But will he stay? He also came back last year
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 19:46   #36
Torcida
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

What?Pozzi is our player....never knew that,he is young and talented,i hope he get's his chance in milan next year....
Torcida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2007, 23:07   #37
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

I heard Donati is coming back next year but I don't see it making much of a difference, unless he could be a sub for Pirlo, I've never known much about him to be honest.

Pozzi looks like a good talent. Since he's still under-21 I think we should loan him back to Empoli for another season and let him get some european experience in the UEFA cup. When Pippo probably retires after next season or is used in a lesser role we then bring him back as 4th striker. Bringing him back at this point wouldn't be the best idea as we'll surely be going after a top quality striker this season so he'd about 5th in the pecking order. I'd rather him play week in week out at Empoli.

Signature

Stubborn silly people annoy me...
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 18:53   #38
Quinni 17
Gold Tie Hero

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Yeah, we could either keep Pozzi or get another youngster like Huntelaar or Pazzini, Rossi. But someone like Eto'o would also be nice ... My strikers for next season: Ronaldo, Pippo, Gila, Eto'o, Pozzi/Huntelaar/Pazzini.
you got great taste in strikers
Quinni 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 19:42   #39
GreatKalu
I still believe!

^^ Why thank you Anyone who doesn't include Shave has good taste

Pirlo Fan: Good point about Pozzi. Especially since he seems to be doing well at Empoli.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:49   #40
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirlo Fan
I heard Donati is coming back next year but I don't see it making much of a difference, unless he could be a sub for Pirlo, I've never known much about him to be honest.

Pozzi looks like a good talent. Since he's still under-21 I think we should loan him back to Empoli for another season and let him get some european experience in the UEFA cup. When Pippo probably retires after next season or is used in a lesser role we then bring him back as 4th striker. Bringing him back at this point wouldn't be the best idea as we'll surely be going after a top quality striker this season so he'd about 5th in the pecking order. I'd rather him play week in week out at Empoli.
You are right about Pozzi, and I think we should loan Gourcuff out to Empoli as well.
He doesn't play enough with Milan but he has got so much talent and for the moment we are wasting it.
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote