The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 27-06-2002, 22:23   #1
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Anyone playing for AC Milan
Default Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

I wanted to ask because this years NBA draft was yesterday and there were a lot of European plyers taken in the 1st 2 rounds. More than anything I wanted to find out about Jiri Welch. Any good. He was drafted by the team I follow (Golden State Warriors). He was born in Pardubice, Czech Republic and plays guard; he plyed for Olimpija Ljubljana for the last couple of years. This is all I really know about him. Is he any good? If you know, then let me know.
If you know anything about the other european/foreign players let me know they are: Nikoloz Tskitishvili, F, Italy; Maybyner "Nene" Hilario, F/C, Brazil; Bostjan Nachbar, F, Italy; Nenad Krstic, F/C, Yugoslavia; Milos Vujanic, G, Yugoslavia; Mario Kasun, C, Opel Skyliners; Peter Fehse, F, Germany; Mladen Sekularac, G/F, Yugoslavia; & Luis Scola, F, Tau Ceramica (Spain).

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2002, 20:31   #2
efford
National Team Player

I like to play basketball, but its not any fun watching it...
I used to play as forward but then i got this knee-injuriy and *POOF* there went my career

-hehehe

Im not that into NBA or any players...

Signature
That's all folks...!
efford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 05:38   #3
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Ozmosis - Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:31 pm** *
Quote:
I like to play basketball, but its not any fun watching it...
I used to play as forward but then i got this knee-injuriy and *POOF* there went my career
I know how you feel I did the same thing. Tore our all of the cartilage in my right knee and had to have 2 surguries. What did you do to you knee?

Signature
Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
- Benjamin Franklin -

A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
- Benjamin Franklin -
Old 05-07-2002, 11:02   #4
AC Milan Fan
Senior Team Member

I'm raised with Milan and Calcio.
Sometimes I watch basketball.
If our Milan has a Basketball team I'm sure I will watch this sport more.
Solo Milan you know

Signature
ALWAYS MILAN; IN GOOD AND IN BAD TIMES!!!

www.brigaterossonere.it

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!! NEVER!!!
AC Milan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 14:23   #5
efford
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I know how you feel I did the same thing. Tore our all of the cartilage in my right knee and had to have 2 surguries. What did you do to you knee?
well i didnt need any surguries but the doctors told me that i had to stop all physical activities and start swimming...

I dont know the name for the injurie in english but i had "too much liquid under my knee"..if you know what i mean..

Signature
That's all folks...!
Old 05-07-2002, 18:41   #6
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Ozmosis - Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:23 am Post subject:

Quote:
well i didnt need any surguries but the doctors told me that i had to stop all physical activities and start swimming...

I dont know the name for the injurie in english but i had "too much liquid under my knee"..if you know what i mean..
Well I am glad you didn't have to have surgury, it wasn't very much fun, while all of my friends were going to parties and games I had to sit at home. Oh well it is better now. They made me do the swimming thing too. I guess it allows for exercise without resistance so it is good, I don't know? I was just glad because the woman who ran the pool I went to was hot. Atleast I had something to look at. Is your knee better now, I mean when your not playing basketball Gattuso style.

Signature
- Benjamin Franklin -

- Benjamin Franklin -
Old 05-07-2002, 22:39   #7
efford
National Team Player

hehe..

yeah im alright now... i dont play basketball anymore since my team was throwed out of the leauge because we had so many fights after our games.. it was in the newspapers and everything... dont they have anything better to write about then some teens destroying a gymnastic-hall???

Now i mostly play football with my friends.. its alright i guess...

Signature
That's all folks...!
Old 29-07-2002, 11:22   #8
Alex
National Team Player

Habitually, I'm play basketball during lunch time at school. I'm a great player, but I'm good. I could better with more pratice. Anyway, this year I think I will join the basketball team and, of course, the soccer team of my school.

Ciao,
Alex
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 23:39   #9
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Well Diavolo and good luck. Don't get injured!

I went to the doctors last week becasue the injury I talked about above on my knee has been bugging me. He told me that the only thing I might be able to do is a miniscus transplant, which means they would take the cartilage in the knee of a dead person out then put it in my knee. Gross. I don't know if I want to do it yet, but they said it could help. So DON'T GET INJURED!

Signature
- Benjamin Franklin -

- Benjamin Franklin -
Old 31-07-2002, 01:30   #10
Alex
National Team Player

I will try, habitually I'm underrated by my opponents so they don't mark me, they don't watch me, they don't do nothing nasty on me.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 04:47   #11
lopov
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolo
Habitually, I'm play basketball during lunch time at school. I'm a great player, but I'm good. I could better with more pratice. Anyway, this year I think I will join the basketball team and, of course, the soccer team of my school.

Ciao,
Alex

could you not call it soccer pls, hate that word. it's football, football and only football
lopov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 17:32   #12
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

lopov Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:47 pm Post subject:

[quote]could you not call it soccer pls, hate that word. it's football, football and only football[quote]

considering the fact that we live in North America we call "football" soccer, Sorry that is just the way it is. Most of the people in here call it soccer anyway. Hope you can live with it.

Signature
- Benjamin Franklin -

- Benjamin Franklin -
Old 10-08-2002, 23:29   #13
shevaman
Primavera Player

I am a Huge NBA fan but i am not good>The lakers is the best.
shevaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 00:55   #14
PaTtA_9
Senior Team Member

i love the chicago bulls almost as much as the rossoneri
european players are becoming more dominant in the nba every year like stojakovic and turkoglu
i wish aussies would be as good in the nba!

Signature
PaTtA_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 05:21   #15
Seamus
AC Milan Legend

Yeah there are a lot of great europenplayers comming into the NBA. Hopefull i twill mean when the olympics come around the basketball games will be fun again. There are a lot of amazing players that have come out of eastern europe, unfortunatly the Sacramento Kings have gotten them and that mean they beat the warrior every time, but then again who doesn't beat the warriors.

Signature
- Benjamin Franklin -

- Benjamin Franklin -
Old 28-05-2004, 16:18   #16
MookyRookie
World Cup Winner

Its gettin closer to the NBA finals 2004!!!
Lakers will beat the T-Wolves, 1 more win only, and meet Pacers or Pistons, which should be no problems for the Lakers, with 4 future Hall of famers...

Lakers head coach Phil Jackson also has the highest winning percentage in Playoff history, something around 70%...

Id love to see a Lakers-Pistons final, but Pacers are also not bad opponent to get trashed by Lakers with Jermaine Oneal and Defensive player of the year Ron Artest, and not to forget grandpa Reggie Killer Miller....

The Highlight of this years playoffs was Fishers shot with only 0,4 seconds to go against the defending champions San Antonio Spurs... What a shot and all net!!!!

GO LAKERS

Signature
MookyRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 17:00   #17
K-J
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Tomáš Rosický

GO PISTONS!

Ben Wallace my favourite player. Hoping for a Lakers - Pistons finals too. Let Pistons destroy the Pacers first, and then break the Lakers.

Signature

K-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 19:28   #18
zantetsuken
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Shevchenko--Maldini

A basketball fan? here i am!
I support Phoenix Suns but this year they are very awful in all the season
I like Spurs too cuz Duncan+Parker it s very fantastic to see.
I havent understand why they dont beat lakers during the playoff.I hope Lakers wont win this year it would be better if pacers or pistons win cuz its a long time since a east team become champion.

Signature
Thanks Sheva and good luck
Maldini shows us the way to win others titles
Forza Milan
zantetsuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 20:03   #19
Albion
Senior Team Member

Yeah I watch basketball too... european championships and NBA also.

My favorite team: Chicago Bulls - even though havin difficultis rite now, they will get back on track soon

Playoffs are comin to end: Lakers are leadin against Wolvs 3:1, and in east Pistons lead 3:1 against Pacers.

Id like that Piston win the championship, im not agains Wolvs or Pacewrs neither, but I just hope Lakers dont win it, but seems that they'r goin to the finale afterall, and for the final I think that Piston will be better agains then them rather than Pacers.
Ben Wallace is the only one who can make it difficult for Shaq, otherwise he'll kill you just like he's killin Wolvs with aprox. 20ppg and 15rpg.
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2004, 20:04   #20
K-J
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Tomáš Rosický

Does any of you guys know a good site for NBA pictures besides the official NBA 'store'?

Signature

K-J is offline   Reply With Quote