The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 20-06-2004, 13:28   #81
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

I am a bit late on this .. Detroit won the tittle ? 4 - 1 or 4 - 2 ?

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 18:41   #82
MookyRookie
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookyRookie
Gary Payton and Malone are already gone this year or next... but I dont like to see Shaq and Kobe, 2 of the best players in the L, leaving L.A.... they are all for this team, the heart (Kobe) and the soul (Shaq)!!!!!!!!!!!
actually payton has renewed his contract the only one left is malone.. oh and about kobe is the heart and shaq is the soul, bwahahahahaha, where have u been? those two have never been close as teammates, the worst one was at the beginning of the season where shaq stated that kobe should be less selfish and give more ball to him and at the other hand kobe said shaq should just concentrate on loosing his weight...
after this season i find it hard to see those two playing side by side again, their ego as superstar of the team is too high and of course it's hard to find a coach that can settle them nicely..
lol at least they have won 3 straight titles togehter, so there is some harmony, but also both, or all 4, have biiiiig egos... yea Paytons has renewed for around 5 million for one season, but Malone will turn 41 in next months, the think about heart and soul was just a *joke*!!! Kobe is popular for being selfish, but the has changed his game a bit, still selfish but better than in his first 2 years in the NBA...
This was a bad Lakers team opf course, even though they had Malone and Payton, so what have Lakers learne dform this series, team basketball wins titles, not big egos... Shaq wants a Trade, Dallas, New Jersey, Phoenix are already showing interest in him... lets c!!!
Kobe and SHaq are still better basketballers than any from the Pistons, only without no title this year...

Signature
MookyRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 19:58   #83
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

anyone here follow the NBA?

I'm a HUGE warriors fan (lived in the bay area my whole life)... its kinda depressing. Anyway I have season tickets and follow nba about as avidly as i do AC Milan

any other fans of basketball what teams?

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 20:07   #84
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

I'm pretty much a basketball fan, although football has made me drift away from my passion to basketball.
When I am able to follow the Lebanese League...I certainly will do so, It's also a very very strong league..the best in the area.
As far as NBA is concerned, I'll root for the Spurs although it's hard to keep up with their games considering the time difference.

Anyone who plays basketball?

Signature
Previously known as "Soldier"

Last edited by Charbel; 13-01-2009 at 20:12.
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 20:25   #85
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

ill school ur ass soldier. i play pickup basketball pretty often still. (I'm in a night league)

anyway i saw the lakers play my warriors last week. Kobe is on a different level, but gasol is damn good, and the 1 who impressed me most is bynum, there 21 year old center... He will be a star like shaq in a couple years, only thing really holding him back is fact there team is soo good he doesnt get the ball as much as he would on a worse team

i got tix to see cleveland next week (LEBRON!) Lebron is insane. Recently they said he is now 6-9, 275 lbs! Do you realize how big that is?! thats 125 kg! And he moves like a cheetah... perhaps fastest first step in the world

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 13-01-2009, 20:43   #86
Gravedigger
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...

I follow euroleague.Partizan is my team,and Grobari are best fans in euroleague.

Signature
http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/...diumsquare.jpg
Man,You'll never walk alone!
--------------------------

GATE 4 GRAVEDIGGERS AND PAOK
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2162/paokqx1.jpg
Gravedigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 20:49   #87
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

no man, u need to come to oakland. Golden State warriors have best fans.... 2 years ago they pulled biggest upset in history knocking top seed out of playoffs in a 7 game series... first time an 8 seed has ever done that. This was 2 days after Dirk Nowitski accepted the MVP Award too... heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mgxp5djEVQ

watch the crowd... everyone wore the yellow "WE BELIEVE!" shirts...

also in next round a 6-2 baron davis dunks straight in andrei kirilenko (who is 8 inches taller than him) face....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_1ZEk4mds

watch the crowd reaction!

edit: definitely watch 2nd 1... its what my sig is

Signature
Quote:
#RnB

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 13-01-2009 at 20:51.
Old 13-01-2009, 20:56   #88
Mr. Anonymous
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
anyone here follow the NBA?

I'm a HUGE warriors fan (lived in the bay area my whole life)... its kinda depressing. Anyway I have season tickets and follow nba about as avidly as i do AC Milan

any other fans of basketball what teams?
BIG TYME...

I live in Toronto so the Raptors are my team.

But i'm just realizing I got a man crush in Kobe Bryant.

He's freakin awesome.
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:07   #89
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

I'm an Allen Iverson fanboy....Was a big Jordan fan (but then again I can't find anyone who didn't like MJ, except the old guys who would spend hours telling you about Isiah Thomas, DR J and Earl Manigault)
Now I support whatever team A.I plays for which happens to be detroit
+ We play basketball EVERY Thursday night...oh and the only Kobe I ever liked is the Steak
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:09   #90
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:
first time an 8 seed has ever done that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NB...ern_Conference

http://www.nba.com/history/94nuggets_moments.html

By the way, My LAKERS>Every other California team combined

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:09   #91
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I'm an Allen Iverson fanboy....Was a big Jordan fan (but then again I can't find anyone who didn't like MJ, except the old guys who would spend hours telling you about Isiah Thomas, DR J and Earl Manigault)
+ We play basketball EVERY Thursday night...oh and the only Kobe I ever liked is the Steak
Good! DEEETROOOOIT BASKETBAALLLL!

Haven't taken the time to dig too much into NBA this season. But I'm sure we had a thread about it. Or play-offs. Doesn't matter.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:14   #92
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMichael View Post
7 game series an 8 seed never beat a 1.. no 8 seed has ever beat a 1 in 7 before the warriors buddy.

those links u sent are 5 game series.... league changed first round to 7, 3-5 years ago?

wow lakers, bandwagon....... Dub pride biiaatch. btw if u pay attention, the league has done a good job covering it up, but 6-7 years ago when sacramento kings nearly beat the kobe/shaq lakers.... game 6 there was awful officiating giving lakers the win. since then refs have come out saying league told them to fix it because lakers draw more fans in the finals than sacramento.....

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 13-01-2009, 21:14   #93
Sage
Reinmēkā

Followed the timberwolves for some time but timings rly fucked that up and didnt rly follow them much...i check the results tho....happy for Garnett..12 years at the wolves and no trophy. first season at Celtics and he wins the championship!

Last edited by Sage; 13-01-2009 at 21:17.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:15   #94
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:

i love AI. Check out Monta Ellis, hes the warriors future, so quick, similar player was going to explode this year (last year he was pretty damn good... 20 pts a game) but he had a stupid MOPED crash and hasnt played a game yet

i hate jordan, but its a respect hate, recognize hes the best but never rooted for him.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 13-01-2009, 21:40   #95
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Does anybody feel sorry for the likes of CB34, Karl Malone, Payton, Kemp, Ewing, Reggie Miller etc and does the thought that A.I might enter the ranks of these "superstar losers" keep them awake at night??

Meanwhile Steve Kerr and Robert Hory are like the Lord of the Rings
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 21:46   #96
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Quote:
wow lakers, bandwagon....... Dub pride biiaatch. btw if u pay attention, the league has done a good job covering it up, but 6-7 years ago when sacramento kings nearly beat the kobe/shaq lakers.... game 6 there was awful officiating giving lakers the win. since then refs have come out saying league told them to fix it because lakers draw more fans in the finals than sacramento.....
Bandwagon? HA! Ever since I moved here in '94 I've been a fan. Had to suffer fucking losses to god damn Utah Jazz and Houston Cockets.

Signature

MILAN
Old 13-01-2009, 21:48   #97
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Quote:
Does anybody feel sorry for the likes of CB34, Karl Malone, Payton, Kemp, Ewing, Reggie Miller etc and does the thought that A.I might enter the ranks of these "superstar losers" keep them awake at night??

Meanwhile Steve Kerr and Robert Hory are like the Lord of the Rings
Miami 2006.

What's wrong with Kerr/Horry having so many titles? They each played important parts in their teams' successes.

Signature

MILAN
Old 13-01-2009, 22:14   #98
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Basketball in us is different though. Cause of salary cap structure u can't have all stars teams like Milan with kaka ronaldinho and favalli. In us it's 1-2 stars and a mixture of right system players. Horry fisher kerr good players and complimented the superstars well...perfect fits for triangle offense with a super star like Jordan or Kobe.

I was always a fan of the mailman though. Don't ask y.

Ps please tell me u all heard about barkeleys DUI. Funniest thing ever

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 13-01-2009, 22:37   #99
Gravedigger
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...

Quote:
no man, u need to come to oakland. Golden State warriors have best fans.... 2 years ago they pulled biggest upset in history knocking top seed out of playoffs in a 7 game series... first time an 8 seed has ever done that. This was 2 days after Dirk Nowitski accepted the MVP Award too... heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mgxp5djEVQ

watch the crowd... everyone wore the yellow "WE BELIEVE!" shirts...

also in next round a 6-2 baron davis dunks straight in andrei kirilenko (who is 8 inches taller than him) face....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_1ZEk4mds

watch the crowd reaction!

edit: definitely watch 2nd 1... its what my sig is
I am talking about EU basketball.Best fans are from Pionir(Basketball club Partizan).
Partizan vs Armani jeans Milano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w_0k9hDPOc
Hell of Pionir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Ug0...eature=related
but,in nba I support Phoenix Suns(Amare is the best)
This is reaction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ONf...eature=related

Signature
http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/...diumsquare.jpg
Man,You'll never walk alone!
--------------------------

GATE 4 GRAVEDIGGERS AND PAOK
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2162/paokqx1.jpg

Last edited by Gravedigger; 13-01-2009 at 22:43.
Gravedigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 11:57   #100
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Been watching basketball since a long time. A big fan of Sacramento Kings. My all time favorite players since I watched NBA are Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen.

@Milano84

Is Jason Richardson still at Golden State? His slam dunks are amazing.

Signature

Last edited by Besfort; 14-01-2009 at 12:03.
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote