The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 10-05-2007, 23:12   #61
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

I try to read a bit of Atlas Shrugged each night before I go to bed. But everytime I open it, I get disinterested. It's unfortunate really, I want to finish it...

Signature

MILAN

Last edited by Sasha; 10-05-2007 at 23:13. Reason: rephrasing
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 00:00   #62
censorthiis
World Cup Winner

Beckham: Both Feet on the Ground

Edit: I just realized that the question in the thread title and then in the post itself are different. I'm reading Beckham's autobiography now, but it's certainly not my favorite book. I'd suggest pick one question and stick to it or at least make your point(s) clearer.

Favorite books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Fever Pitch, Harry Potter series (but of course!), Le Petit Prince, The Alchemist, The Kite Runner, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Picture of Dorian Gray...oh I really can go on for awhile.

Last edited by censorthiis; 11-05-2007 at 00:04.
censorthiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 00:56   #63
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Political Liberalism-John Rawls, yawn fest of 350+ pages that I need to read in order to end a home test, for next Wednesday, and be highly critical about it.

College has taken out my liberty of reading books I do enjoy, but either way I'm going to recommend The Importance of Being Earnest from Oscar Wilde and anything from Edgar Allan Poe (personal favorite The Cask of Amontillado).
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 00:58   #64
censorthiis
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
College has taken out my liberty of reading books I do enjoy, but either way I'm going to recommend The Importance of Being Earnest from Oscar Wilde and anything from Edgar Allan Poe (personal favorite The Cask of Amontillado).
Cask is my favorite by Poe too and I'll definitely check out the Wilde book. I'm so taken with Dorian Gray, but I never made to read any of his other works.
censorthiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18   #65
vani_pirlo_21
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,

Quote:
Political Liberalism-John Rawls, yawn fest of 350+ pages that I need to read in order to end a home test, for next Wednesday, and be highly critical about it.

Edgar Allen Poe My greatgrandma was named after one of his works, Ligeia... I read it, I think it's cool

Signature

Thanks Hanna!
vani_pirlo_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38   #66
Marlowe
Rookie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Antonini

I happen to be reading again one of my favorite books of all time: Catch-22.

Other favorites include: Ulysses, Extravagaria by Neruda, Narcissus & Goldmund, and To Kill A Mockingbird. I saw someone had really liked Salnger's Catcher In The Rye, that is a great read, but Nince Stories is really such a great work by him that is often overlooked.

I hope to one day read, perhaps on May 24th, in great detail about a certain match in an ancient city with a favorable outcome.

FORZA MILAN!!! SEMPRE NEL CUORE!!!
Marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:40   #67
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Quote:

Very good book, funny with a surprise ending. My 12th grade English teacher loved this book, and I agreed with her. That wasn't influenced by the fact that I had a crush on her...

We watched the movie in class too, nice ass shot of Gwendolyn.

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:30   #68
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

I'm merging the thread with an already existing thread and I hope it will continue to grow.

Currently reading "Dead Man Walking" which was made into the movie of the same name (starring Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon).

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:54   #69
Pipa
Rotten Apple

I only read mangas ... <.<
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:00   #70
ORez
The Red & Black Army

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta

Effective Leadership by Brian Aldrain

(Management skills).

Signature
We keep signing players who are hardly making an impact in their own leagues...! And sell those that do good here.

We need to sign forwards from Spain, Midfielders from France and develop our own defenders.
ORez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 13:25   #71
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kaką

Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner

What a heartbreaking book, and I've only read one third of it so far.

BTW, nice sig Orez It should be "The clubs' cemetery" though

Last edited by Kyara; 11-05-2007 at 13:28.
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 19:09   #72
Marietta_22
Rookie

Fav. Players: KAKA', Van Persie, Fabregas, Wallcot, Gourcuff, Simic, X. Alonso...

Candide by Voltaire
Marietta_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 19:17   #73
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`

CARPENTER`S HUMAN NEUROANATOMY
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 20:24   #74
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

Sir Ian Fleming - Goldfinger
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 11:09   #75
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!

I am a diehard fan of paulo coelho!!

i've read the alchemist in norwegian, actually spent 3 hours reading it..it was sooooo exciting that i didnt even read for my exam but had to read this. The man is a GENIUS

RIGHT NOW im reading "The Zahir" by coelho and then comes 11 minutes.
im planning on reading atleast 5 of his books before the end of July...So thought id share the fact that i've started reading books again.

btw I read "lies of silence" by Brian Moore and now i gotta write about the situation in northern ireland and my presentation is tomorrow lol..yea yea..

Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 11:38   #76
KYX
Rookie

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Dida, Seedorf, Maldini

Frederick Forsyth
Der Schakal
(in german)
KYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 13:37   #77
Dora
Freedom Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymilangirl
I am a diehard fan of paulo coelho!!

i've read the alchemist in norwegian, actually spent 3 hours reading it..it was sooooo exciting that i didnt even read for my exam but had to read this. The man is a GENIUS

RIGHT NOW im reading "The Zahir" by coelho and then comes 11 minutes.
im planning on reading atleast 5 of his books before the end of July...So thought id share the fact that i've started reading books again.

btw I read "lies of silence" by Brian Moore and now i gotta write about the situation in northern ireland and my presentation is tomorrow lol..yea yea..
i've started reading alchemist some while ago, read about 90 pages, and stopped, that reminds me i could finish reading at...

well, currently i'm reading harry potter and the half blood prince, read two pages, and for now it's not that interesting

Signature

Naprijed Hrvatska!!

tHe oNLy CuRe fOr LovE is ... To LoVE eVen MoRE
Dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 15:09   #78
crazymilangirl
Busy, Busy, Busy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!

^omg, I loved the alchemist but i have to admit tha "the zahir" is ALOT better but yea, i thought the alchemist was exciting and you wont ever guess the end mate...SHOCKING but logical and you know, these stories he has..its just stories but the message behind the stories is what counts.

In my current book he asks a very simple question: "what is freedom?" you know..it got me seriously thinking, what the hell is freedom? is it being a loner and walking around feeling free? what isit? in order to be a free man, you cant have family or friends?

so my answer would be: (after 5 hours of serious thinking ) freedom is having the courage to act, having the courage to stand up for yourself &/or your family, having the courage to make your dreams come true. It doesnt matter how many people you have the responsibility for: so easily put: you have to have the guts to act LOL
but i LOVE LOVE LOVE his books, and just get soo lost in my own world when reading them .....damn, i sound like such a geek..

Signature
With a courage that was more than human he managed to leave a message for the entire world: "Do not submit to exploitation, of any kind; maintain a tenacious grip on veracity; better die with honour than live in shame".

Last edited by crazymilangirl; 21-05-2007 at 15:12.
crazymilangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2007, 16:00   #79
mocha N eco
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora
well, currently i'm reading harry potter and the half blood prince, read two pages, and for now it's not that interesting
Harry Potter not interesting??? hmmm, is this is ur first HP, I would say u read all of them strting from the first cuz they are anything but boring.

Just finished 'Freakonomics' and 'Devil wears Prada'. On to 'Holy Blood and the Holy Grail'...its all a big hoax, but its an interesting read all the same.
mocha N eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 22:30   #80
Lory 7
Rookie

Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka', Nesta, L.Cana, Ronaldinho etc.

aww mate.. i read "Devil wears Prada" too.. i liked it a lot..
and 4 the moment im reading.."Tre metri sopra il cielo"amaizing book
Lory 7 is offline   Reply With Quote