The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?
We haven't done much, but the management know what they're doing. I trust them. 80 34.93%
Very disappointing. I thought we'd be much more swifter. 123 53.71%
Other 26 11.35%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 19:06   #41
fiume_1987
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva

Well, I am really pleased that there are many Milan fans who are really optimistic about our transfer campaign and team's success next season. I'm not...
It's rather obscure to compare our non-existent transfer policy (or "the waiting game") to Manchester United or Barcelona. I may be wrong but I think that Ferguson signed all those great players to make his team STRONGER then they were last season. I may be wrong on this too, but I hope that the goal of our managment is to make AC Milan, current champions of Europe, STRONGER then last year. Because, that's what smart teams do - reinforce your squad even if you achieve success. I really think that with current squad we can't defend the european title and enter into a serious championship race with Inter, but hey - we already signed Ba and another phantom striker (I could place a bet that would be Cassano) will come, so everything is just - super.
fiume_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:58   #42
Punish
Rookie

do we really sign Ibrahim BA??? omg

GTG
Punish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:32   #43
Spartan
Rookie

Our indecisiveness is letting good players slip right through our fingers. Hopefully it's a front or something Galliani and the management have up their sleeves. Milan's known to work privately...hopefully it's just that again..
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:50   #44
Milan4Life
Primavera Player

i too am sick of this... every season... ive been holding this in for so long... we are going to get ___ we are going to ____ and then nothing ever happens... we get players like oliviera who didnt do anything... and we let players go like crespo... what is wrong with this management... honestly... go for a star whos in his prime, not a mediocre person like cassano who has played very limited the past year... whats the point?
Milan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:02   #45
Milan4Life
Primavera Player

sorry to double post but i cant just keep it all in... this is exactly what we do... we find fillers... well im sick of god damn fillers... sign someone who is coming in to start... it doesnt have to be a big name for christ sake... kaka wasnt and hes awesome and he came in to start... find someone to start not someone to sit around and only play in coppa italia and the second legs of games that we are winning 4-0... the only way you win is to make your starting 11 better. you do that first and then you fill in your bench
Milan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 14:01   #46
kakarulez
National Team Player

I'm officially confused. The same people who are critisicing us for not playing our youngsters are also demanding we buy more players!

The management have already said they are going to buy a striker, esp with Oli leaving. So, we are covered there. In midfield, we have pirlo, seedorf, kaka, gattuso,brocchi, Ambrosini, Gourcuff and lastly at definately the least, Ba. That is 8 mids. Perhaps 1 more would be good, but i'll say we're still good there. If we bring in another quality midfielder, like what most people seem to want, when is Gourcuff ever going to get his chance which we all were calling for him to get. The same goes for defence.

We need to allow our players games to improve. We can't just buy players who are already at their prime, which somes clubs do(eg. Chelsea and Real) And look at where these clubs have ended up? They're acheivements in the last few years is not even comparable to ours. You can't have a team with too many stars( eg Brazil) cause they simply won't gel. You have to have a mixture of growing(gourcuff), those who have just reached their prime(kaka') and experience(Ronaldo). We have a good team, a good transfer policy(besides last year, which i think will prove to be a one-off thing) a good management.

Just look at what gattuso said,"Kaká is and will remain a symbol of our team. We are about to begin a fantastic league season, more competitive, where everyone will start at the same level. Our secret? The management, the structure of the club which follows all its players closely and sees to it that every player is in the best conditions to give their all for the club."
kakarulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 23:42   #47
Gatorbasu
World Cup Winner

Default Should we benchmark Management Team's Performance??

How should a club's management team be rated ??

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

I am asking because I am confused !@#%$!

Signature
!!Milan wins it all !!

Forza MILANO

Last edited by Gatorbasu; 10-07-2007 at 23:57. Reason: Unfamiliarity with the Punction Commands !!
Gatorbasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 13:22   #48
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbasu

Should we rate them on how many stars are they able to bring in the club by signing star players or by winning championship??

My answer will be BY WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Should have put that out as a poll question.

Should we be called as bad supporters if we still celebrate winning CL with OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives)??

OR

Shold we be critical of our management team (in spite of consistently doing good in CL) since they are deploying the same OLD, FAT, SLOW, INCONSISTENT, WORTHLESS, EGOISTIC (and few other objectives) ??

Is it a fault to stick behind the same old and slow players who are bringing you trophies or should we dump them on the basis of their age but not on the basis of the result ??

Brilliant post

Milan is the best team in the world for the past 5 years.
Milan managment knows what they are doing, and we only get the news from the press.

Did anyone really knew that Man Utd was going to buy both Nani and Anderson before the deal was maid ?

We don't know what the managment is doing, the only thing you can do is hope and trust them.
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 21:15   #49
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

We still didnt buy any player .. and the news coming from season ticket holders is pleasing..

36.000 already .. ( official site ) .. we will reach 41.000 for sure .. wich is record I think right ?

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:04   #50
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besi
We still didnt buy any player .. and the news coming from season ticket holders is pleasing..

36.000 already .. ( official site ) .. we will reach 41.000 for sure .. wich is record I think right ?
If we get Ronaldinho, then season tickets will fly over the bench ( at least that's what I hope)
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 03:22   #51
roy_il_diavolo
L'Avvocato

Fav. Players: Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbasu

OR

Good Post.

Real Madrid have won LaLiga.(first trophy in four years) Have they sat back ? New coach, new signings.

Man U have had an amazing season. Cup final, UCL semis, League Winners. They went out and bought 4 new players.

Barca had one bad season after 3 brilliant seasons. BAD = joint on points with the League champions. they went out and bought the best Left back + one of the best strikers + other good players.

The people here asking for new signings (like me) are not criticizing the team + are proud of what they achieved. But we didnt exactly have the perfect season. This is a never-ending cycle. We wont be competing against the same old players next season. They have all stepped up a level. Shouldnt we ?

Signature
IS, WAS and WILL BE ..... MILAN
roy_il_diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 11:59   #52
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_il_diavolo
Good Post.

Real Madrid have won LaLiga.(first trophy in four years) Have they sat back ? New coach, new signings.

Man U have had an amazing season. Cup final, UCL semis, League Winners. They went out and bought 4 new players.

Barca had one bad season after 3 brilliant seasons. BAD = joint on points with the League champions. they went out and bought the best Left back + one of the best strikers + other good players.

The people here asking for new signings (like me) are not criticizing the team + are proud of what they achieved. But we didnt exactly have the perfect season. This is a never-ending cycle. We wont be competing against the same old players next season. They have all stepped up a level. Shouldnt we ?
Madrid won their league, for the first time in 4 years.
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?

We've won the CL, and we were consistent for at least the last 5 years. Let's see Madrid and Man Utd do that!

Signature
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 12:21   #53
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta

Poll added and thread stuck.

Signature

KINGS ALL

Last edited by Italian Tsar; 13-07-2007 at 12:31.
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 17:58   #54
ACMCEAR
Con il diavolo insieme

Fav. Players: *KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakà_&_Gourcuff
Good deals take time
What good deals.....we arent even close to anyone.....all press keep talking and talking about how many strikers are linked with Milan......Pato, Cassano, Adriano.....considerin the awful campaign in last year's Serie A (and plz stop the injuries, points deduction excuses) we seriously need some fresh blood in this team.......and as someone alrdy pointed is seriously stupid how Inter, Barça and Madrid are engaged in battle for at least three excellent players, but apparently no1 in this team have heard about Chivu, Milito, Malouda, Abidal.....we need a striker, a fantastic one, not just another Oliveira.....and seriously Billy retired, sooner Capi will prolly retire and what we have to replace him in a long term? Bonera? we could have bought Chivu or Milito but i dont know why we dont even bother in place a bid for any of the stars in the current transfer window........

Now we are apparently going to overspend in an unproven kiddo as Pato is....ya, our "transfer policy" is rlly sad
ACMCEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 19:48   #55
fiume_1987
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva

Quote:
Man Utd won their league, also their only trophy. And did they win anything last year?
We shouldn't show so much self - indulgence over this CL trophy. Milan haven't won anything for two succesive seasons prior to this last success. Scudetto is an impossible dream for three years now. So we also have things to be concerned with, not bother with Man Utd. or Real's problems...
I agree we should enjoy being the european champions and we can be proud of the team that they pulled it off, but this one trophy can't justify our passive transfer policy in a situation when we seriously need to secure more quality and squad depth.

P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though
fiume_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 23:28   #56
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiume_1987

P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though
and you have forgot Pancaro, no matter what he had a great season
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 09:14   #57
roy_il_diavolo
L'Avvocato

Fav. Players: Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by teis

We've won the CL, and we were consistent for at least the last 5 years. Let's see Madrid and Man Utd do that!
Very smartly u forgot to mention anything about Barca ... oh well.... did we just forget that in the 04-05 season + the 05-06 season...we won at about NOTHING !!! Just bcoz we have a trophy this year...we sit back and enjoy... Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...

Signature
IS, WAS and WILL BE ..... MILAN
roy_il_diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 09:43   #58
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_il_diavolo
Very smartly u forgot to mention anything about Barca ... oh well.... did we just forget that in the 04-05 season + the 05-06 season...we won at about NOTHING !!! Just bcoz we have a trophy this year...we sit back and enjoy... Real had won 3 UCLs from 98-02 but still went out and spent money on Beckham, Owen and Co. ... i am not saying Milan should do the same but hoping B+G would want to fill the little holes...
Forgetting to mention Barca, I didn't even do that on purpose

Anyway, we did get to the CL quarter finals or even semi finals(?) these last 5 years. And I must say I really enjoyed the football we played these last few years.

What I can't say about any other team.

Signature
Old 14-07-2007, 09:52   #59
gahanthegod
violator

Fav. Players: Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teis
Forgetting to mention Barca, I didn't even do that on purpose

Anyway, we did get to the CL quarter finals or even semi finals(?) these last 5 years. And I must say I really enjoyed the football we played these last few years.

What I can't say about any other team.
But the main factor that made you enjoy our football, whom we call players, are getting old and should be replaced.

Signature

"...a legendary deep pop group from somewhere in the future off the edge of saturn, a group whose songs coat the imagination with dread and danger and desperation, with nearness and absence, a group whose songs fire the imagination with hope against hope and the exact opposite."
gahanthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 10:09   #60
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by snn
But the main factor that made you enjoy our football, whom we call players, are getting old and should be replaced.
I don't know about you, but those players were called old like 3 seasons ago. And when I see them play games like the one vs Man Utd, I don't care. That's how football should be played, and if you can play like that I don't care how old you are

Signature