The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?
We haven't done much, but the management know what they're doing. I trust them. 80 34.93%
Very disappointing. I thought we'd be much more swifter. 123 53.71%
Other 26 11.35%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-07-2007, 11:49   #81
Saarlane
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion tifo
We need a striker and a left back. Janku isn't for us and Serginho lost his dynamism. The point is what we can get for the moment. Its only Sheva and Zambrotta avaliable for the moment I guess. Maybe we can solve something for future and that is Pato.It isn't all to our old fashioned managment to blame for our poor activities in market. Transfers are compared with gambling. Who would believed in 04' than old Cafu and young Kaka will do that impact for us.They was our major signigns after we get champions league.
No-no, Janku is just great. Still we need some defenders and definitely a striker, as Ricardo has joined Zaragoza. There's still half a summer to come and surely there will be some transfers made.
Saarlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 13:00   #82
albion tifo
Babaroka

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarlane
No-no, Janku is just great. Still we need some defenders and definitely a striker, as Ricardo has joined Zaragoza. There's still half a summer to come and surely there will be some transfers made.
He doesn't know to defend, he is just a mediocre midfield player which Carlito transformed in LB and Liverpool almost explained to us than he isn't for that role.

Signature

Last edited by albion tifo; 15-07-2007 at 13:04.
albion tifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 14:11   #83
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion tifo
He doesn't know to defend, he is just a mediocre midfield player which Carlito transformed in LB and Liverpool almost explained to us than he isn't for that role.
Have you actually seen him play in other games or not? I'm really curious, cause when someone is badmouthing Jankulovski, the only that seems to come out of their mouth is Liverpool

And he wasn't transformed into a LB by Ancelotti, he already played there when we got him. But he's a player like Cafu, and in our system he can't play like he did with Udinese.

Signature
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 15:18   #84
GreatKalu
I still believe!

^^ True. And even at Athens, Clarence was as much to blame for not tracking back. On many an occasion, Finnan + Pennant were double teaming Janku.

But he did make some silly errors + probably isn't a top rated LB. One criticism is that he over-commits himself when on his marauding runs - but thats probably more to do with instruction given our narrow play. Still, doesn't detract from his decent performances such as against United or Bayern.

And even if we were to get a replacement, Zambrotta aside, I doubt there are many available LBs on the market who would guarantee a better shift than Janku does. Speaking of which, to his credit, he played the most minutes in our defense.
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 17:01   #85
gahanthegod
violator

Fav. Players: Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.

Janku is class, but not worldclass. There are many better options. He can be used as a backup. But it's not priority to replace him NOW. CB & forward additions are more urgent than to replace Janku.

Signature

"...a legendary deep pop group from somewhere in the future off the edge of saturn, a group whose songs coat the imagination with dread and danger and desperation, with nearness and absence, a group whose songs fire the imagination with hope against hope and the exact opposite."
gahanthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 17:16   #86
Pirlo Fan
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Well its basically what Wild said, regardless of who the targets are and how close Galliani gets to signing them - the end result of the "policy" as a whole doesn't pull it off. So transfer targets good or bad aren't coming through - which will lead to late/inflated/overrated panic buys.

Some might be saying the squad is pretty much fine as it is and that the management are doing alright on the market because we don't need reinforcements. Well thats bollocks, anyone who watched Milan's performance in Serie A last season can't fail to notice that the squad was left lacking in all 3 outfield departments. If it wasn't then why has the very same management been trying to sign defenders, central midfielders, attacking midfielders and strikers? I don't think there is any doubt that the management have identified Milan's weaknesses, even though at times it seems they haven't acted on them. But you don't attempt to sign Abidal on whim - so they like me conclude a defender is needer. You don't try and sign Riquelme, Tiago, Edmilson, Motta, Ribery & Emerson on a whim - again they have concluded that a midfielder is needed. And you certainly don't try and sign a striker like Suazo, Milito, Toni, Fred, Henry, Shevchenko, Eto'o & Drogba on a whim - which once more identifies this department as needing replenished by the management.

The argument about the transfer policy is not about wether signings are needed, there is consensus on that with most fans and the management. Its about how effective that policy is on obtaining the needed signings - and based on current events that policy has failed - so far not a succesful deal in all of those many targets, most already signed for another club or commited themselves to their current one.
I agree with basically everything Tsar had said. Hit the nail on the head there.

Signature

Stubborn silly people annoy me...
Pirlo Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 17:30   #87
Gatorbasu
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiume_1987
P.S. When we won CL 2003. we signed Cafu and Kaka and marched to the scudetto triumph following season 03/04 when Ancelotti's Milan was IMO the best club in the world (too bad about La Coruna, though
I agree with the fact that our 2003/04 squad was the best club team of this decade.

BTW, a lot of people are saying that we haven't won anything for last two seesons, which is an absolutely right statement.

But at the same token, I guess, at least in our minds, we know that we should have won the 2004-05 CL trophy and that is no fault of our transfer policy, becuase I think we had the best club team of the world at that time.

Also, that year, we lost to JUVE when we were on same points with three games left. BTW, don't forget that we were denied for two penalties in that match too !!

Now, year 2005-06 was really not a great year but still we managed to get all the way upto SEMIs of CL, again, SHEVA's legitimate goal againist BARCA was denided by the referee.

So. of course, in terms of performance, if we benchmark our perfomance versus any other European club's over the course of last 5 years, and start measuring them by points, such as being Champion means 8 points, Final means 6 points, Semifinal means 4 points, Quarterfinal means 2 points and same with the scudetto and every other domestic leagues, I am confident that we will do the best in the entire European Soccer Community.

Thus, by measuring our management team by performance, they are doing real good.

Having said all that, we need some young players too and the cycle should always go on.

But seriously, we are not going to do anything in the midfield and frankly, I don't want to change our midfiled, even to the point, I don't want RONALDINHO to come to MILAN to upset the chemistry in the midfield that we have right now.

Forward line, as I have mentioned, one good striker will be enough for me. In fact, I am not a GILA fan and could have gone for a different striker at his cost, but apparently, we are sticking with him.

That brings us to the backline, BONERA is not the next prodigy by any means. Probably would have been great to add on somebody new by giving up old crows such as FAVALLI. Till this date, I have never understood the fact why we got him at the first place??

And one more point to remember, that we can only afford 2 players per position except goalies. Thus, without giving up old players, we can't buy new players, otherwise it will be too expensive for us to run the club.

Thus, I agree with some of the posts that we could have taken out some old crows (BROCCHI, SERGINHO & FAVALLI) and gone out to buy some new defenders.

The other concern is our weak sub for our GOALKEEPER's position. Seriously, that KALAC guy is worthless and I don't even know how good FIORI is !! We need at least an young keeper, who can play second fiddle to DIDA if he gets injured !!

With rest of squad I have no qualms or complains.

I think we will reach MOSCOW next year, too !!

FORZA MILANO !!

Signature
!!Milan wins it all !!

Forza MILANO

Last edited by Gatorbasu; 15-07-2007 at 17:37.
Gatorbasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 00:48   #88
rosso_neri
Banned

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ambrosini, Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Crespo, Montolivo, De Rossi, Batistuta

mate, janku one of the best lb's in italy, enough about the liverpool game
rosso_neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 04:36   #89
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kakį, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Well its basically what Wild said, regardless of who the targets are and how close Galliani gets to signing them - the end result of the "policy" as a whole doesn't pull it off. So transfer targets good or bad aren't coming through - which will lead to late/inflated/overrated panic buys.
You mean like Nesta?

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 05:25   #90
rosso_neri
Banned

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ambrosini, Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Crespo, Montolivo, De Rossi, Batistuta

for me, 04/05 was the stronger than the 03/04 squad. kaka and sheva dominated in the league, i remember score lines like milan 6 - 0 fiorentina and milan 5 - 2 lecce. Not to mention having players like cafu and crespo who were in the best forms of their careers. Despite istanbul it was the best year watching milan for me. I think the 04/05 jersey is the best one to date as well.
Old 16-07-2007, 05:32   #91
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kakį, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

^No doubt... if we still had Shevchenko we wouldn't have to buy anyone its just noone in our team can score consistently in the league... except for Ronaldo or Favalli.

Signature

Old 16-07-2007, 06:47   #92
Kuzimoto
Forza Milan!!!!

Fav. Players: Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

[QUOTE=... except for Ronaldo or Favalli.[/QUOTE]

Kuzimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:36   #93
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosso_neri
for me, 04/05 was the stronger than the 03/04 squad. kaka and sheva dominated in the league, i remember score lines like milan 6 - 0 fiorentina and milan 5 - 2 lecce. Not to mention having players like cafu and crespo who were in the best forms of their careers. Despite istanbul it was the best year watching milan for me. I think the 04/05 jersey is the best one to date as well.

how about 05/06 we got 80 something goals in the league, sheva had 19, gila had 17 and kaka had 14 but yeah the year we had crespo on loan we were also very strong.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 10:44   #94
Matmil04
* I still Believe *

Fav. Players: kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho

i think there is no need to specify the team who were very strong in the last recent years just for one really important factor: since 02/03 we had the same team! indipendently from the players form we always played in same players so we were always strong, just to give you some sample: there were 7 players in Athens' final who played in 02/03 CL Final.

Signature
.................................................. ...........
Milan Milan perchč siamo sempre con te
sei la fede pił grande che c'e
dalla curva lassł grideranno di pił
perchč in campo ci sei solo tu
.................................................. ............
MILAN!
Matmil04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 12:46   #95
Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
You mean like Nesta?
You mean 30M Euro Nesta? Yes I would call that a inflated price for a centre back from a near bankrupt club in 2002. I'd also class £15M + Vogel for overrated Oliveira inflated. Not to mention £18M Gilardino.
Quote:
^No doubt... if we still had Shevchenko we wouldn't have to buy anyone its just noone in our team can score consistently in the league... except for Ronaldo or Favalli.
Why then has the clubs management - coach and all, decided we need a defender and midfielder? You know whats better for the squad than them do you?
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 12:57   #96
Aapert
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Maldini,Kaka,Pippo,Gattuso,Nesta

I don't understand how our management can think that we can success with the strikers we have right now. Last season our strikers sucked hard, execpt Ronaldo . We need a god damn world class striker!.
I think that only ones we can have are Sheva or Pato and I don't see those two a good options, Pato maybe If we sign also a stiker who has proved him self as a great scorer (I don't mean sheva ).
Aapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 13:17   #97
rosso_neri
Banned

wasn't vogel a free transfer?
Old 16-07-2007, 13:24   #98
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

People are freaking out too much over our transfer policy. The majority don't know how Galliani opperates. He is a shifty bloke, people need to realise this. He is obviously frustrated with the amount of pounding him and Berlusconi are getting, in this case. We will sign players. It's the invetable. Today Galliani just mentioned that we will sign a champion who is a "non-EU" player. I believe we are deadset in serious talks with Pato and that we will purchase him.

Signature

Old 16-07-2007, 13:36   #99
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Quote:
People are freaking out too much over our transfer policy. The majority don't know how Galliani opperates. He is a shifty bloke, people need to realise this. He is obviously frustrated with the amount of pounding him and Berlusconi are getting, in this case. We will sign players. It's the invetable. Today Galliani just mentioned that we will sign a champion who is a "non-EU" player. I believe we are deadset in serious talks with Pato and that we will purchase him.
hope ur right, but calling a 17 y/o a champion is a bit too much.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 14:36   #100
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta

God, we're going for Drogba? He'll be 31 before he adapts to Serie A :yawn:

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote