Dejan Savicevic Thread

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
What an amazing goal he scored.
But it was a foul you know & the linesman + ref were pretty blind not to signal it.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^barcaaaaa
Easy there tiger.
It was my best day ever.
But I dont mind to be objective & still be a Milan fan.
You wont get it since you prefer to be a puppy kind of fans , its ok.

I have a soft spot for Barca but it stop as soon as they meet Milan.
With that said , it was indeed a foul.
Savi raised his leg & it was a foul , its a fact.
Ref didnt give it & Savi scored one of the most memorable goal in my life.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barca were lucky they had that old offside rule or it would have ended in double digits.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
But it was a foul you know & the linesman + ref were pretty blind not to signal it.

You mean the high leg thing? AFAIK that was still legal 20 years ago
I wasn't born yet when this match happened but I remember watching a repeat on Milan Channel and Desailly was tackling with his leg high all game long so it was technically not a foul at that point in time

Last edited:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
21 years today since that 1994 final

I feel old hahaha.... Had to sneak into my own house to watch this game :lol::lol::lol:

What a night though.... Farca completely ripped to shreds. No Dutch trio.... no Baresi, no Costacurta... but we had IL Genio and Desailly. Perfection.

Wasn't high at all.... I mean not if you play the game.... The defender made the mistake of not clearing it straight away... instead he lets the ball bounce thinking he was playing in la liga where the opposition would let him have all the time he wanted.

Luckily back then the game was played by men and it was a contact sport.

People like you are ruining football if you consider that to be a foul.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said...Desailly was doing High Kicks pretty frequently during the game and ref wasn't giving him any shit...so I can only guess Football Laws were a lot more lax 20 years ago
And Dejan's kick was not above waist level(which it has to be...to be considered a high kick) so it's more of a gray area

Last edited:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
For fuck sake why you guys need to get extra dramatic about everything.
I watched the game & even then I thought it was a foul simply because Savi kicked the defender's leg with his foot flat open.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ro2P5Se.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
barca..of course...we're not talking about milan....why should i repeat it?

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
For fuck sake why you guys need to get extra dramatic about everything.
I watched the game & even then I thought it was a foul simply because Savi kicked the defender's leg with his foot flat open.

Huh? Who's getting dramatic?:conf:
Nothing wrong with a little discussion :D
I've seen the video again and he actually didn't kick the defender's foot...although he was pretty close to doing it...so it was more of a 50/50 chance of a foul being given
But Desailly was doing high kicks throughout the game and ref wasn't giving him shit...so I have no clue...maybe rules were a bit different back then

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Obviously didnt mean you ...
But our hamster fans just had a meltdown coz i said a ref mistake went in milan favor omg omg omgggg
Milan never get favors omg omgggg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
You mean the high leg thing? AFAIK that was still legal 20 years ago
I wasn't born yet when this match happened but I remember watching a repeat on Milan Channel and Desailly was tackling with his leg high all game long so it was technically not a foul at that point in time

Wot he said!

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously didnt mean you ...
But our hamster fans just had a meltdown coz i said a ref mistake went in milan favor omg omg omgggg
Milan never get favors omg omgggg
Decisions in favor of Milan happen quite a bit as do with most teams
But what Barca did from 2006 to 2012...that's just like what Jube does(has done forever) in the league...so hardly comparable
Not that Milan needed that that Savi goal to win either way

Milan does get fucked in the Serie A by refs at times...but I'm used to it by now...and if we had a good team/good coach these decisions would affect us less
Wot he said!
Good to have some confirmation :thumbsup:

Last edited:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Decisions in favor of Milan happen quite a bit as do with most teams
But what Barca did from 2006 to 2012...that's just like what Jube does(has done forever) in the league...so hardly comparable
Not that Milan needed that that Savi goal to win either way
Thats you getting super extra dramatic simply because I said a ref didnt notice a foul & it went in Milan's favor.
I didnt want to make Milan look bad or Barca better.
I watched the game , live & was a Milan fan back then.
In fact am probably the user who mention that game the most , as a reference of our superiority , or when I wanted to say that a solid team is better than an attacking one + can even score more or even whenever the media underestimate the underdog.

And plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , spare me that Barca cheat in europe , first of all I didnt went that way + I dont believe in the theory to begin with.

About Savi , you said didnt touch , well say hello to my little friends that is called print screen.
z4OVXGk.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Thats you getting super extra dramatic simply because I said a ref didnt notice a foul & it went in Milan's favor.
I didnt want to make Milan look bad or Barca better.
I watched the game , live & was a Milan fan back then.
In fact am probably the user who mention that game the most , as a reference of our superiority , or when I wanted to say that a solid team is better than an attacking one + can even score more or even whenever the media underestimate the underdog.

And plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , spare me that Barca cheat in europe , first of all I didnt went that way + I dont believe in the theory to begin with.

About Savi , you said didnt touch , well say hello to my little friends that is called print screen.
*snip*
Calm down...nobody's getting dramatic here...I'm not sure where you're getting that from lol...and I never claimed you didn't watch the match...I believe you

I don't wanna go there but...
It's not theories...it's based on fact...it's not like everyone is pulling these things out of their ass
2006 Sheva disallowed goal/Puyol dive...BS,Unfair Red Card for Lehmann in the finals...goal should've stood and Arsenal should have played with 11 men
2009 Chelsea 4 obvious disallowed PK's(give or take)
2011 Real disallowed goal in semis(tho Barca would've probably won either way)
2012 2 bs pk's awarded to Barca vs Milan...result was Barca 3-1 Milan...take the fake PK's away and the result would be Barca 1-1 Milan which would see us through to the Semi's by away goals
There's a reason Real Madrid,Bayern and other top teams are not accused of doing this stuff in Europe and Barca is
If you think Barca is not guilty then that is all fine and good...but each person has their thoughts

My mistake then...I didn't stop the video frame by frame :rolleyes:...but there was no power behind his jump and it appears to have merely touched his foot
It's irrelevant either way now since high kicks weren't foul play 20 years ago apparently according to van Basten user above me

And all this argument happened becuz you had to bring up the foul :lol:

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
That's a freekick for us. Good referee giving us advantage

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

:lol:

U know what's funny.... the ball was in play... the defender had no control so both were entitled to go for it as it was a 50-50.... BUT what's really funny is that he calls it a high kick :fp:

Midgetlona ..... anything above 2 feet is considered "high" .

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ahhhh classic classic wild :lol:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Midgetlona ..... anything above 2 feet is considered "high" .
TBF they weren't midgets then(in fact Dejan is the midget here :D)
And TBF if the match was today that would have likely been a foul...but not 20 years ago
And definitely not in the match where Desailly was raising his foot like 6 feet high and ref wasn't complaining
So yeah

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly ......
So listing Barca' history is dramatic since my point was talking about a single incident.

Think I did it because of you saying that Milan fans complain about refs too much...
Granted some overdo it and bitch too much...but Milan's been screwed a lot of times in Serie A...and sometimes in Europe too...but not as much as in the former

But anyways...that incident was technically not a foul since cuz of rules being different then...
There's nothing else to discuss so I'll just post this video in honor of our 5th cl trophy :thumbsup:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wild the type of ***** to say....
ref shoulda called a foul before dejan's goal vs barca in the final

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totally different thing man ...
To say there was an incident that went in Milan favor than to say Milan gets more favors than Barca.
Suddenly am no fan & you start listing Barca did this & that.
Dramatic , specially when you said it was 50-50 and Savi didnt touch the defender so whats the percentage after I showed you that he actually did.
No one in here expressed his feelings about that night more than me.

Schedule