Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Most people think a Bynum for Howard trade is inevitable, since he's best offer Orlando can get.

However Dwight seems to have his heart set on Dallas or Brooklyn.

A big reason dallas didn't resign chandler and a lot of guys off title team was to clear room this summer to pursue both Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

Dwight decided to extend till 2013, but Deron might go. He's a dallas local

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
why would dwight want to join brooklyn? dallas would be a good choice.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Howard is not going anywhere ... he will stay at orlando .. they fired the entire crew to appease Howard ..

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
why would dwight want to join brooklyn? dallas would be a good choice.

Jay-Z-Ft.-Kanye-West-Otis-Lyrics.jpg
barclays_center_dkc090909_2.jpg
Adidas.jpg
dollar-sign.jpg

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
dwight said in an interview throw february when the rumors about him requesting a trade came up, he said that if he is to leave orlando, will be only 3 teams that he will go: dallas, chicago and lakers.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
We shouldn't make fun of psychosis- it's not very nice.

this

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
dwight said in an interview throw february when the rumors about him requesting a trade came up, he said that if he is to leave orlando, will be only 3 teams that he will go: dallas, chicago and lakers.

That's funny because that was EXACT OPPOSITE of what he said in february.

The implications of rumors regarding the disintegration of Dwight Howard’s interest in the Lakers by the top dog Kobe Bryant

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....doo-story-about-kobe-and-dwight-going-around/

The Lakers have already been informed that Howard won’t sign a long-term deal in Los Angeles, according to sources close to the situation. If the Lakers were to trade for Howard, he would opt out and test free agency. Howard’s interest in Los Angeles has always been overstated, mainly because he doesn’t want to follow in Shaquille O’Neal’s footsteps and he doesn’t want to go through another rebuilding process anytime soon. With Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol in their thirties, Howard would be reaching his prime just as his All-Star teammates were declining.

While the Lakers were easily the team Howard thought about most in the summer, his desire to play for the Lakers changed after a conversation with Kobe Bryant, a source said.

Howard envisioned going to the Lakers and forming a devastating one-two punch with Bryant. But Bryant had other plans for how Howard would be incorporated into the Lakers.

Bryant told Howard that he wanted him to come to Los Angeles and help him win two more championships, but not as an understudy. He wanted Howard to be the team’s third option behind himself and Pau Gasol, according to a source. Bryant tried to sell Howard on being his “Tyson Chandler” and made it clear that Los Angeles would be his, but only once Bryant decided he was done playing.

The only teams he said he'd signan extension with were Broolyn and Dallas. LA could have traded Bynum for him in Feb/March but Dwight refused to re-sign and they understandably said no thank you.

And another repubatable source... only reason he signed an extension was because they threatened to trade him to LA otherwise-

According to league sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity, Orlando brass got fed up with Howard's yes-no-maybe posturing and threatened to trade him to the Lakers, not his desired location, if he did not sign an agreement to waive the opt-out clause for the final season of his contract. Howard eventually signed the papers, but only after he was told "he would be a Laker by the end of the day," according to one source.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-trade-los-angeles-lakers-read-190107659.html

Second article has more insite. He's getting a lot of advice on 'building a brand' by going to brooklyn (NYC) with deron, going for titles together in new billion $ complex. Adidas money behind him, willing to pay him more if he goes to certain markets etc. etc.

If Dwight wanted to be in LA, he would be in LA already. Orlando was going to lose him, and best possible deal they can get is 2nd best center who is younger, cheaper and under contract. A player who while not as good, is still very good and gives them ability to build around.

Everyone else's offers were nowhere near as good as Bynum. Brook LopeZ (overrated crap) and a pick etc.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
if dallas don't get howard, letting go of chanlder is going to look pretty stupid :g:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if dallas don't get howard, letting go of chanlder is going to look pretty stupid :g:

Yes, and no.

Their whole team is REALLY old. They will start a new era regardless. Giving big money to chandler, however nice a role player he is, is not way to go about it.

Look at knicks now. They are tied with roughly 54 mil (aka most of cap) to melo, amare, chandler with no way out and no direction for years.

There's not a team smarter than Dallas. If Cuban doesn't get Deron Williams, he will just tank them up and build thru draft like he did with Nash and Dirk, and have another perennial contender for a decade.

Dallas is among the best run organization in basketball

-

They did kind of give up a chance on repeating, though no one could have predicted the gigantic drop off ODom would have. Everyone else showed some age. Dirk even.

--

Dallas is also trying to watch their money. New salary cap rules coming into effect n 2014 are REALLLLLLLY strict. Best way to build forward will be draft like OKC.

Last edited:

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
That's funny because that was EXACT OPPOSITE of what he said in february.

The implications of rumors regarding the disintegration of Dwight Howard’s interest in the Lakers by the top dog Kobe Bryant

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....doo-story-about-kobe-and-dwight-going-around/

The only teams he said he'd signan extension with were Broolyn and Dallas. LA could have traded Bynum for him in Feb/March but Dwight refused to re-sign and they understandably said no thank you.

And another repubatable source... only reason he signed an extension was because they threatened to trade him to LA otherwise-

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-trade-los-angeles-lakers-read-190107659.html

Second article has more insite. He's getting a lot of advice on 'building a brand' by going to brooklyn (NYC) with deron, going for titles together in new billion $ complex. Adidas money behind him, willing to pay him more if he goes to certain markets etc. etc.

If Dwight wanted to be in LA, he would be in LA already. Orlando was going to lose him, and best possible deal they can get is 2nd best center who is younger, cheaper and under contract. A player who while not as good, is still very good and gives them ability to build around.

Everyone else's offers were nowhere near as good as Bynum. Brook LopeZ (overrated crap) and a pick etc.

From wikipedia:
"Due to a lockout, the 2011–12 regular season was shortened to 66 games. Not long after the lockout ended, Howard, who was eligible to become a free agent at the end of the season, demanded a trade to either the New Jersey Nets, Los Angeles Lakers or Dallas Mavericks.[40] Howard stated that although his preference was to remain in Orlando, he did not feel the Magic organization was doing enough to build a championship contender.[41] He would later meet with Magic officials and agree to back off his trade demands, but that he also felt the team needed to make changes to the roster if they wanted to contend for a championship.[42]"

And I also read the news on nba.com, but I cant found on that site anymore.

Anyway, he changed his mind like 5 times in the last 2 weeks before trade deadline.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
From wikipedia:
"Due to a lockout, the 2011–12 regular season was shortened to 66 games. Not long after the lockout ended, Howard, who was eligible to become a free agent at the end of the season, demanded a trade to either the New Jersey Nets, Los Angeles Lakers or Dallas Mavericks.[40] Howard stated that although his preference was to remain in Orlando, he did not feel the Magic organization was doing enough to build a championship contender.[41] He would later meet with Magic officials and agree to back off his trade demands, but that he also felt the team needed to make changes to the roster if they wanted to contend for a championship.[42]"

And I also read the news on nba.com, but I cant found on that site anymore.

Anyway, he changed his mind like 5 times in the last 2 weeks before trade deadline.

Not reliable.

I think he might still end up in LA, cause they have best ofer, but he'll have to agree to an extension.

Anyway he's being really annoying. Real turn off.

I'm tired of all guys my gen (lebron, melo, dwight etc.), so concerned with image, branding, etc. Getting some real bad advice.

The younger stars (Westbrook, durant, Rose) are much cooler

Last edited:

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Not reliable.

I think he might still end up in LA, cause they have best ofer, but he'll have to agree to an extension.

Anyway he's being really annoying. Real turn off.

wiki not reliable?? lol

anyway. i m sure he named few teams , and lakers and dallas were among that team.

but, why wouldnt he go to lakers. that and maybe dallas will be the safest and fastest way to a championship + LA is a huuuuge market with a lot of opportunities , and he knows kobe wont stay more than another 2-3 years..

He can win another championship with kobe, and than the own the team like kobe

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
wiki not reliable?? lol

anyway. i m sure he named few teams , and lakers and dallas were among that team.

but, why wouldnt he go to lakers. that and maybe dallas will be the safest and fastest way to a championship + LA is a huuuuge market with a lot of opportunities , and he knows kobe wont stay more than another 2-3 years..

He can win another championship with kobe, and than the own the team like kobe

yes, any source i can edit and put info on is not reliable.

Read links i presented. Those are NBA sources. It's also been regurgitated on espn, nbatv, nba.com, yahoo sports and all major writers here.

Trust me... if he wantedto be in LA. He'd be in LA. Their trade package was good enough.

He may very well end up in LA, but his refusal to sign an extension was the reason the trade didn't happen. Nets were only team he was willing to sign an extension with.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I didnt say that he necessary wants to go to lakers ,look up, but
if he is to leave orlando, will be only 3 teams that he will go: dallas, chicago and lakers.

You want me to search thru archive to find it?

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
I don't think Dwight can lead the Lakers like Shaq did, but what Kobe proposed to him is even more hilarious

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
yes, any source i can edit and put info on is not reliable.

Read links i presented. Those are NBA sources. It's also been regurgitated on espn, nbatv, nba.com, yahoo sports and all major writers here.

Trust me... if he wantedto be in LA. He'd be in LA. Their trade package was good enough.

He may very well end up in LA, but his refusal to sign an extension was the reason the trade didn't happen. Nets were only team he was willing to sign an extension with.

agreed.

Howard will end up in Brooklyn IMO,Deron to Dallas.....Howard in Chicago would be title IMO, they'd give up pieces like Boozer and Noah?Anyway doubt Howard goes to Chicago.

Philly are really stretching C's atm.....I like that kid Lavoy Allen 76ers could of got a nice piece there....67-59 Celtics are gone I think. talk about an old team, C's need urgent rejuvenation.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Dallas is also trying to watch their money. New salary cap rules coming into effect n 2014 are REALLLLLLLY strict. Best way to build forward will be draft like OKC.

even OKC will be screwed in this new CBA, how they can keep both Ibaka and Harden? they already give big money to Durant and Westbrook.. hope Sam Presti can think an idea.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
even OKC will be screwed in this new CBA, how they can keep both Ibaka and Harden? they already give big money to Durant and Westbrook.. hope Sam Presti can think an idea.

The thing Presti does well, and he learned this from the king of it RC Buford, is find talent for cheap.

Did you know Spurs (and detroit) are only team in last 15 years (modern CBA era) to win title without going into luxury tax?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm

They got Collison inked up for nothing. Thabo inked up for nothing.

Around 2014, the cap is suppose to be 54 mil with luxury tax at 68-70ish

I have no clue why Westbrook's money is not showing up but he's making what durant makes but 1 year behind. (IE next year he'll be on 16). He signed 5/80 mil deal (max deal for player of his experience) with same incremental pay raises.

IMO, Harden is also a max player. He's the best SG in the NBA not named Wade/Kobe/Manu (all 30+), and he's fucking 22. He could be a star on another team. But fact he plays limited minutes and averages 17 ppg, instead of 22, 5, 5 which is what i imagine he'd do on a team where he was 1 of main 2, he'll get less. I'll assume 11-12

Ibaka, will get somewhere between 9-12. Defense is rarely overpaid, and his offense isn't 'great'. Lets say guys like Noah, Horford gor 5/60 mil. That's about max I'd see him getting.

So combine I imagine they'll both be 25 mil added.

Meaning in 2013/14 when they have to extend, OKC will have about 50 mil committed, so they'll be in tax.

My Guess is if ANYONE goes, it'll be Perkins. They'll find someone to take him. Centers are rare.

And they'll be drafting more big men. They got Aldrich they are trying to develop. Maybe they'll find a euro. But basically, they'll continue doing what Spurs do, filling out roster around them with free agents from europe (neal), undervalued guys (Thabo), and draft guys (rookies make chap contracts)

This is where analytics and statistical research really comes in handy. You can find those players who do certain things REALLY well, and that's a good role player.

-

FYI, since they drafted them, after 4th year they are restricted free agents which means, any offer they get thunder have right to match and then player has 2 options. Agree to stay on that deal or sign a qualifying offer (1 year deal at cheap rate) and then they are unrestricted to go wherever they want.

It's in OKC's best interest to try and get extensions before next summer, because if they hit market restricted guarenteed teams throw Harden and Ibaka more money than OKC wants to pay.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OMG west final is going to epic .. so tony called out westbrook :eek:

OMG :eek:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Awesome :lol: :thumbsup: xcellent shit :eek:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
East conferences should just give Miami free trip to the finals

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
GO Spurs GO

We'll finally get the fifth for TD and put him above Shaq.

We look like our Championship winning teams this year, there's no stop to that.

Last edited:

Schedule