Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Suso didn't feature in that Fio 5-1 game.

Bona is missed in the home games against mid and bottom table teams.

i know

Bona actually scored vs Napoli and Atalanta this season, so dunno if only mid and bottom teams. He's a good player to have around for rotation, but not to depend only on him, which was the problem before.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i know

Bona actually scored vs Napoli and Atalanta this season, so dunno if only mid and bottom teams. He's a good player to have around for rotation, but not to depend only on him, which was the problem before.

He can score against any opponent.
It comes with a cost(defensively). We can afford having a player like him in the midfield in most home games and a few away games. But not when its Juve or Napoli.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
To even attempt to say that Bonaventura wouldn't have helped us this season is ludicrous.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Kudos for the game tonight. He got everything right tactically.

Everything right?
We all know his tactics fail miserably when we face teams that press us high, something juve started doing when they subbed in pjanic and moise kean. Then forced a mistake from calabria and scored.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I liked his 4312 from Sampdoria's game. We did have some volume at the start. Need to practice that and forget about wingers. That doesnt work for us.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
* our wingers are gay

1jo9hv.jpg

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
wingers & 4-3-3 are boring.

Literally 90% of teams use it. Been that way for years now.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
The time has come for big clubs to start limiting the social media accounts of their professionals. They ought to concentrate more on training than twiddling their thumbs on their phones.

Tassotti's heir.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
I hope he will become more tactically flexible, liked what i saw tonight :-)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wingers & 4-3-3 are boring.

Literally 90% of teams use it. Been that way for years now.
And we actually looked more cohesive after that forced switch to 3-4-2-1. Hopefully a solution we're going to use more often in future. The near future. I'm not talking Gasperini or Conte for once

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope he will become more tactically flexible, liked what i saw tonight :-)

He's always been flexible. This season he had to limit this due to our shit defensive form at the beginning of the season, although we were great in attacking phase. Then, we had the injury crisis, which is continued up until now... can't really be too flexible with limited players and almost non-existent depth.

People have created a fake image of Rino, based on his career as player. But he's very very different as coach. I think he has much more potential than some here think. This is why I want to see at least 1 more season of him.

On another note, we should really spend more time on practicing our corners. We have so many, but score so little. It's incredible... yesterday we had 11 corners!!! I think we should stop with the improvisations and just simply curve them towards the goal. 1 in 10 will get in some how and that is enough

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we should stop with the improvisations and just simply curve them towards the goal.

umm, that's what they're doing every single time, if it's not a short corner/short pass.
Bending it towards the goal/keeper's box.

We need variation.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
umm, that's what they're doing every single time, if it's not a short corner/short pass.
Bending it towards the goal/keeper's box.

We need variation.

Maybe this game. But in other games, most of the time it's Suso and Hakan trying to combine near the corner flag.

It's really hard to explain how we're this bad. And it's not only this year, but a couple of years in a row... since Inzaghi, I think.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
We had 11 individuals on the field tonight. There was no plan, there was no team. A lot of that falls on Gattuso

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His subs were his downfall.

Bakayoko was not great but he did not deserve to get subbed.

If we wanted to go for the win Borini, Hakan and Suso were the ones that needed to come out.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Should have fired him in the winter break, now we need to ride out the season, and hope that Lady Luck smiles upon us.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Last summer I predicted he wouldnt last until Christmas and I'm here to admit I was wrong, well done mister.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really nothing new here tho.

His flaws were pretty apparent by end of last season.

We had a good string where we kept clean sheets but watching our attack has always felt like constipation. Basically waste of a season even though we slightly "improved" our squad.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His flaws were pretty apparent by end of last season.

We had a good string where we kept clean sheets but watching our attack has always felt like constipation. Basically waste of a season even though we slightly "improved" our squad.
That's very true.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He brought no improvement to the team this season. Defense got a bit better but other than that nothing else really impressed me. He is out of ideas, he's not a creative person to begin with so asking him to bring colours to the team is unreasonable. I want to thank him for all the hard work he has been putting in the team.

Farewell and bon voyage.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yet another legend Milan have ruined for me.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yet another legend Milan have ruined for me.

None of this detracts from the 2 Champions League titles and Scudetti he was a huge part of.

The man was dominant in the 2006/2007 CL. Same as Inzaghi, blame the men that hired under qualified managers, not them.

Schedule