Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I think he is really benefitting from playing with us. He was always good but he never really fulfilled his potential. I think he may be starting to realize how good he can be! Forza Monty and keep up the good work!

Actually, I don't see a difference with this Milan and his past Florentina team, and this team now doesn't bring anything special yet. He's just performing like he has always done. Efficient, occasionally lacklustre.

Fiero

Reaction score
You got full rights to Aquilani, but I can't let you take Monto as well. Stand behind in the queue, El Fierone :o

#Hugefansinceforever

You owe your avatar to me. :o I like Montolivo even more than Pazzini does.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm the one that introduced it to this forum. :o

'To the forum' being the keywords.. I remember seeing it in the football-italia site and getting it from there :D

Anyhow, I vaguely remember discussions in 2011 Summer when I wanted Monto ahead of Aquilani, but you (and Axl among others) wanted the Aquile :o

Fiero

Reaction score
Anyhow, I vaguely remember discussions in 2011 Summer when I wanted Monto ahead of Aquilani, but you (and Axl among others) wanted the Aquile :o

That my friend is true. :D But damn I really wanted to see them both play together for Milan.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That my friend is true. :D But damn I really wanted to see them both play together for Milan.

Yeah - If we had them both, we could have had the perfect 3-men midfield (along with De Jong).

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho

Aquilani really had a good start of the season last year, with 6 assists and good performances. But unfortunately that injury that kept him out for 2-3 months destroyed everything, he didn't find himself after that injury, so sad. And it didn't get better when Allegri benched him because of that 25 match clause that we had with Liverpool, because we didn't want to buy him after the season. That destroyed his confidence too.

Fiero

Reaction score
Bring back Aqua.

Monto+Aqua. :proud:

Friend requested! A couple of days ago I was again rambling for the 100th time about how they complement each other perfectly.

Here and here.

Aquilani really had a good start of the season last year, with 6 assists and good performances. But unfortunately that injury that kept him out for 2-3 months destroyed everything, he didn't find himself after that injury, so sad. And it didn't get better when Allegri benched him because of that 25 match clause that we had with Liverpool, because we didn't want to buy him after the season. That destroyed his confidence too.

New favorite poster!

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Montolivo is like really better in everything compared to Aquilani!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
6 assists? that's very good.

aquilani failed here. and imo they don't complement each other that good either, in a 3 man nor double pivot midfield... monto's a better version of him. imo a physical player like boa would be a better fit to monto+de jong than aqua. having those and a creative cam would make for a great midfield. and in a double pivot a player like de jong suits him the best.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
6 assists? that's very good.

aquilani failed here. and imo they don't complement each other that good either, in a 3 man nor double pivot midfield... monto's a better version of him. imo a physical player like boa would be a better fit to monto+de jong than aqua. having those and a creative cam would make for a great midfield. and in a double pivot a player like de jong suits him the best.

Yep, he did 6 assists + 1 assist in UCL, 7 assist in total, I even remember that he had a astonishing pass in the first game to Cassano against Lazio who then passed to Ibra who scored in open goal. Cassano got the assist but lets not forget Aquilanis amazing pass there. But 6 assists in the league is still good considering his injuries that ruined it for him and how much he played in total.

I wouldn't say he failed, his muscles failed HIM. We should have bought him anyways(6 mil EU is not much for him),, because he is a creative player with good technique, better than Muntari, Ambrosini, Traore, Nocerino and Flamini. I would even go there to say that he is better than De Jong. Only Monto is a better player than him at the moment in Milan. So it is actually sad that Aqua had to go considering that the shit midfielders like Traore, Nocerino, Flamini is here. Aqua would have been much better to have in the squad than these players.

NOTE: This is my opinion of course, if you think otherwise I respect it, but I'm just saying what i think.

EDIT: In the link below you can see aquas pass against lazio to cassano that i was talking about. Just beautiful. Look closely the first goal for Milan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMBtdqvyQe8

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Months ago, somebody mentioned that Monty should be captain. Now I approve that statement. MOTM.

dat was me..in a next captain thread discussion!

he's totally captain

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I have NO IDEA how did Galliani manage to get him for free. He's fucking amazing. I always knew he's good. But he has amazing vision + passes + he's very good defending. And he gives everything for this shirt.

Definetly CAPTAIN material. When Ambro + Abbiati quits next year. He should be the captain :o

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
This guy is too god. If only G brought him before. He shit all over peerlo and Aquilani. Complete midfielder. Perfect mix of German discipline and iron will plus Italian magic. Love this guy, no homo. Forza Monto!

Nikfes

Fresh rumour.
Reaction score
With his presence last years scudetto would probably end in our hands. I mean a mid of Nocerino/Aquilani,van Bommel,Montolivo with a trio of Boateng in form and Cassano, Ibra would totaly destroy all of the teams. But anyway, I'm glad that he is here. A complete mid, knows how to pass, knows how to play as a DM, AM. Great passing skills, awesome tackles and elegant as fuck. Carry on Monto! Atm you're one of the best midfielders in Italy, but you can become the best.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
"Marvelous Montolivo" inspiring Milan in the last couple of games.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
With his presence last years scudetto would probably end in our hands. I mean a mid of Nocerino/Aquilani,van Bommel,Montolivo with a trio of Boateng in form and Cassano, Ibra would totaly destroy all of the teams. But anyway, I'm glad that he is here. A complete mid, knows how to pass, knows how to play as a DM, AM. Great passing skills, awesome tackles and elegant as fuck. Carry on Monto! Atm you're one of the best midfielders in Italy, but you can become the best.

:thumbsup:

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Another great game from Monto yesterday, he was voted Man of the match by Gazzetta. It's sad too se that Monto is one of the few who fights for this shirt. What a spirit and he won many balls yesterday, really good defensive, and also his passes from long range was good. You can clearly see that he is the leader of the team and how much responsibility he takes.

Love this guy.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
Free transfer? :g:

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Delio Rossi hails Montolivo
By Football Italia staff

Former Fiorentina boss Delio Rossi has commended Riccardo Montolivo's professionalism ahead of Milan's game against the Viola on Saturday.

The 27-year-old left Florence in the summer on a free transfer after refusing to sign a contract extension with the club, but his ex-Coach has hailed the way in which he performed during his last few months in Tuscany.

“Riccardo is a great professional,” he told Firenze Viola. “I did not like the situation that had surrounded him, but I kept picking him because he has great feelings for Fiorentina.

“He was always a leader in the dressing room, it was just some details on his contract that kept him from staying.”

Montolivo joined Milan during the off-season and has played 10 Serie A games for the Rossoneri, scoring two goals.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Charge
Montolivo

«Inter are there?
So can Milan »

"We are not inferior and I had made that goal ...
If the sign does not exult Viola »

MEDIA RATINGS CHAMPIONSHIP IN FLORENCE AND MILAN

1dbc71e5c2496bcd40ade1150cf63aba.png

Category geeks: Facebook (about 120 000 fans), Twitter (@ OfficialMonto, almost
80 000 followers), and also Montolivo.it yesterday. The world of Rico in a few clicks. He said that never goes out without his laptop, and that much of the content of the site have been designed and put down personally. In short, a creative. Okay, the word is the right one. Creative as well on this guy with good manners and sweet feet which is about to face the most important chapter of his football career. Tomorrow arrives at the San Siro against Fiorentina, which means find themselves in front of seven years of life.

Including a year and a half capitano.Roba tough, because his life in Viola carries only postcards with sunshine and smiles, but also dark periods and misunderstandings. To say Rico is now in Milan because there's no way to move forward with Fiorentina. A troubled farewell, a final year nightmare that has antagonized the fans ("I was whistled for a season and will continue to be so, but with the people on the street I've always been close '), shut down - badly - relations with the property, but it did not cancel a unique experience.

"And in fact, if I would score, I would not exult over a team and a city that I have loved," assures Riccardo.Needless to beat around the bush: the "first" against former team, when there are half seven years of his life, can not end in the catalog with all the others. "It will be strange, will be different.There I was the captain of a special group, this time I'll try to beat them.It's a shame that I have left bad.

My regret is that two years ago I was never able to speak directly with the ownership.I always talked with the leaders, with whom I had problems: if there was an interview with Della Valle modes would be different. Now however, I am happy to be in the biggest club of all. I hope to enjoy many years with the Rossoneri. " Goals indigestible Five, six, six thirty, seven. The report card grades in Riccardo improve from week to week, and with them the contribution to the team.

This is partly due to the tactical aspect: "In the 4-2-3-1 I feel good. Better with double the median than in a midfield three. It's my natural position. The attacking midfielder? Not my real role. In my career I have held all positions and then sometimes step for someone who has no place. A misunderstanding that goes on for years. " After a shaky start to "Monto" the breakthrough came in the derby: "The
first game where we have seen the true Montolivo. Then I kept continuity, both in blue and the Rossoneri, finding the goal. In fact I had found well in the derby, but it was canceled and the reason is still not clear myself.There is still a disappointment, yes. That does not mean that I wont try again on the return.

However, see Inter in second place is a big boost for us, because we are not inferior to Inter. " Clear message: if there are other, we can be ourselves. "We are a growing team, from now on you will see a different Milan. We can start out well from this handicap and become competitive, forming a single body with the coach. Allegri knows how to fend for himself, however, has a character that allows him to overcome all the criticism. "

The site of Riccardo:
many photos and info
673f908db0dc0c6669e5f0f5504acaa5.png

"The favorite part?
That photo that portrays me on the field. "
Montolivo yesterday unveiled its official website, montolivo.it. A sort of digital diary wanting to build a relationship with the fans.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Ricardo monty is the man ..

RiccardoMontolivo_2473727.jpg

I think he is the most handsome midfielder milan had .. hmm becks was also good :thumbsup:
sometimes there is a symmetry about his hair that just attains perfections.. his smile and blue eyes

who the fuck am I kidding .. i never saw them when he was wearing that violet crap

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Schedule