Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
world class, turd calss whatever

Fact is a 3 man midfield needs a proper anchor/regista to work properly, which is a very rare type, and luckily for us Riccardo Montolivo happens to be one of them.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
world class, turd calss whatever

Fact is a 3 man midfield needs a proper anchor/regista to work properly, which is a very rare type, and luckily for us Riccardo Montolivo happens to be one of them.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

not only ''fanboys'' claims monto is WC there is plenty of experts and also coaches at the highest level who claims this.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
listen to me boy, dont call me a fanboy or anyone else. You know nothing about that.

This is opinions and thoughts, I have my reasons for thinking Monto is a great player, you have something else, leave it at that. This is not about obsession.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
not even fanboy goodfella does that

If you are one of the few proper anchors or registi in the world, then you are world class by my definition.

If you think he's a proper anchor/regista, then you agree with me.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If you are one of the few proper anchors or registi in the world, then you are world class by my definition.

If you think he's a proper anchor/regista, then you agree with me.

Compare him to say Busquets or Scheweinsteiger. That's world class.

There are many proper anchors or registi... not all of them had the luck of ending up in a big club to be seen. Well, it's hard to call Milan a big club.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Fantastic player , hope he returns as soon as possible healed so that we can get a cl spot. Midfield is atrocious without anybody to organize. Complete midfielder :thumbsup:

Galliani ignored CMs completely this year, understandably intelligent ones cost money

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
We should have a mobile up and down midfielder with him last year so that we could have fought for cl. Stupid coaches and bad market
272152_gallery.jpg

galliani please sell Essien muntari Poli Dejong and get me one good mobile midfielderThat van bieber kid is not going to have no impact with us

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Yes,Montolivo should probably join Ambro in Fiorentina and we should sign a World Class Midfielder

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
The only ones De Jong is useful for are our opponents...especially in away games where our midfield and defense get tested.

did De Jong bang your girlfriend our something? I cant understand your level of hatred of one of our best players...

there are literally like 20 players that are a far bigger problem to our team than De Jong, who is very good.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Not world class. Very good player, thats about it. When he performs well in big games consistently, then you can call him world class. He is our best midfielder though, better than de jong as well.

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
We'll see how he is rated when he returns

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
For me world class = good enough to play against the best in the world at major tournaments.

Monto has played for the Italian NT for years on end & even captained them on occasion.

He's unique, so excellent at attacking & defending & passing & leading.

:star::star::star::star::star:

Peace & Forza Milan!

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me world class = good enough to play against the best in the world at major tournaments.

Monto has played for the Italian NT for years on end & even captained them on occasion.

Peace & Forza Milan!

so rannochia and materazzi are world class according to you!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Only world class players play in the world cup

peace

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

Peace & Forza Milan!

woahhhh I don't know who are worse on RnB: Monto's fanboys or Balo's :lol:

Peace!

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

Peace & Forza Milan!

:thumbsup:

xin_20050324105098700872.jpg

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
@RossoneriBlog
Report: Montolivo to return for the derby on November 23rd http://bit.ly/1yApeZG

If that will be his first game after the injury, than I'd rather he played 10-20 min at most. Either way, I doubt he'll be ready then, Milan has a reputation of being too optimistic with the injury timelines.

livoG

Primavera
Reaction score
a player too look up to.

great and smart player. He has the tools.

I hope he is back soon enough

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Compare him to say Busquets or Scheweinsteiger. That's world class.

There are many proper anchors or registi... not all of them had the luck of ending up in a big club to be seen. Well, it's hard to call Milan a big club.

Busquets is a great anchor and complements Xavi-Iniesta perfectly. But as much as I love Van Bommel, I prefer the Xabi/Monto type, i.e. deeplying playmaker/DM hybrid, and a 3 man midfield with 3 two-way players. Would Busquets have done a better done job than Monto if his side CMs were Muntari/Noce/Flamini and not Xaviesta, the most creative & best CM duo of all time? We don't know, but I doubt it.

There are many players who can do half-decent jobs as anchors, like 36 yo Ambrosini, Daniel Andersson, Rolfes etc. But there are very few of Montolivo's level or higher.

did De Jong bang your girlfriend our something? I cant understand your level of hatred of one of our best players...

there are literally like 20 players that are a far bigger problem to our team than De Jong, who is very good.

The answer is in your post. His role is literally pivotal to the team and he isn't being recognized as the problem/obstacle that he is, unlike the Agazzis, Zaccardos and other fodders who nobody rates and that hardly have any influence in the team.

There's one thing De Jong fans have accurately observed though; Monto may have the armband, but this is De Jong's Milan! And it's a gigantic failure. Enjoy.:beer:

Schedule