Official Scottish Premier League Thread

Who will win the 2011/2012 Scottish Premier League title?

• Total voters

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Woobie said:
Totally random question because I've got a friend from Aberdeen, but do Dons fans really have a thing for inflatable sheep? (Or is that just a joke my friend is pulling on me?)

Your mate speaks the truth. Aberdeen is a provincial city, so the rest of Scotland have always called us sheep shaggers. At some point along the way Dons fans took this on and now reply to chants of "You're only sheep shagging bastards" with "We're only sheep shagging bastards". The inflatable sheep only really come out on occasions like cup finals though.

Reaction score
Calum1903 said:
Flags and confetti is pretty much all we're allowed, sadly

3141613378_a7215d2eac.jpg

Thats only about 3 quarters of the stand, I was sitting to the left of that on the lower, I was in the 3rd seat from the end of the stand, near the Rangers fans :) See the big Irish flag hanging down from the upper you can see "AN" on it, it says "OBAN", Paul Caddis and Chris Killen were sitting right at the B of the flag :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Woobie said:
Totally random question because I've got a friend from Aberdeen, but do Dons fans really have a thing for inflatable sheep? (Or is that just a joke my friend is pulling on me?)

Not just inflatable sheep, the real thing. They go crazy over them, but you can't blame them, you should see the state of some of the women up there ;)

What do you call a sheep tied to a lampost in Aberdeen?

A leisure centre :D

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Holy Goalie said:
Not just inflatable sheep, the real thing. They go crazy over them, but you can't blame them, you should see the state of some of the women up there ;)

What do you call a sheep tied to a lampost in Aberdeen?

A leisure centre :D

You from Glasgow?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Holy Goalie said:
No, but not far from it. Falkirk, and don't hit me with the local team rubbish you know the story lol.

Well, since when did supporting Celtic (or your sister club, for that matter) have anything to do with locality anyway?

Neil Lennon is a cunt and always will be.

Reaction score
Nah, he is a legend. True Celtic man. We have an Aberdeen fan in charge of our club :o He will mastermind a victory over you in 2 weeks time at Pittodrie, hopefully.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Alloa 1-2 Aberdeen

I was one of the 2,000 idiots who made the trip from Aberdeen. Stood on an uncovered grass slope behind the goals in sub-zero temperatures, pishing rain and high winds. Anyone who gets all nostalgic about open terracing in football grounds is an idiot! Still nice to be able to stand the whole game mind.

Crap performance from the Dons against opposition from the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Still, we're through :)

Away to listen to the draw now...

EDIT: Home to East Fife - yas. We never get easy draws, that'll do nicely.

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As much as it's fun to watch dodgy streams online, there's nothing quite like paying way too much for the privelege of being soaked to the skin

alloa.jpg

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Most goals conceded in a season
Aberdeen, 83 goals, 1999–00

Biggest home win
Celtic 7-0 Aberdeen (1999–00 and 2002–03

:D

hah get to fuck :tongue:

Aye, we were terrible that season. We still reached two cup finals though.

I would come up with a Holy Goalie-esque conspiracy theory to explain why it wasn't Aberdeen's fault they were so shite, but I'm not a deluded fuckwit.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Hey what happened to Gretna F.C ? If i remember in the last 3 years,they had back to back promotions from the third tear to spl ?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hey what happened to Gretna F.C ? If i remember in the last 3 years,they had back to back promotions from the third tear to spl ?

It was from the 4th tier.

They were a made up club with no fans, who got taken over by some millionaire bampot by the name of Brookes Mileson. He pumped a heap of cash into them, then got ill as they reached the SPL so stopped putting money in. They couldn't afford to pay their players and nobody bought them out so they went out of existence and out of the Scottish League altogether. They've been replaced in the Third Divison by Annan Athletic.

I hated Gretna. The whole episode was an embarassment to Scottish football.

Grande Pirlo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Ambro, Maldini, Baresi, Albertini, Van Basten etc.
It's really a pity that Celtic and Rangers don't play in the EPL, because as far as I'm concerned, there is only those two teams and the rest never comes near a title nowadays? I mean, if Cardiff of Wales can play in the championship below the premier ship and the english FA Cup, why the hell can't Celtic and Rangers do so as well?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's really a pity that Celtic and Rangers don't play in the EPL, because as far as I'm concerned, there is only those two teams and the rest never comes near a title nowadays? I mean, if Cardiff of Wales can play in the championship below the premier ship and the english FA Cup, why the hell can't Celtic and Rangers do so as well?

You're right, it's been over 20 years since anyone else won the league. But then again, only 3 teams have won the Premiership since 1992. Should they leave England?

I don't think Wales is really a relevant example. For one thing, the Welsh league is an absolute joke and always has been, whereas the SPL, whilst not part of football's elite, compares favourably to the vast majority of leagues across the world, when you think about it. You've got about 5 top quality leagues, about another half dozen good ones, then the SPL's in the "mediocre-to-poor" category after that. Wales also has stronger ties to England historically than Scotland does.

Anyway, "a pity" for whom? If I was England I wouldn't be too keen to invite Old Firm fans into my country. And let's be honest, the majority of the Bigot Brothers' supporters are only interested in eachother, and they wouldn't much like it if they weren't just competing for the league together every season.

West of Glasgow, eh? Have we now got a Hun to follow the Holy Goalie?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats Calum1903 Aberdeen demolish Celtic 4-2. :star: :D

Grande Pirlo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Ambro, Maldini, Baresi, Albertini, Van Basten etc.
You're right, it's been over 20 years since anyone else won the league. But then again, only 3 teams have won the Premiership since 1992. Should they leave England?

I don't think Wales is really a relevant example. For one thing, the Welsh league is an absolute joke and always has been, whereas the SPL, whilst not part of football's elite, compares favourably to the vast majority of leagues across the world, when you think about it. You've got about 5 top quality leagues, about another half dozen good ones, then the SPL's in the "mediocre-to-poor" category after that. Wales also has stronger ties to England historically than Scotland does.

Anyway, "a pity" for whom? If I was England I wouldn't be too keen to invite Old Firm fans into my country. And let's be honest, the majority of the Bigot Brothers' supporters are only interested in eachother, and they wouldn't much like it if they weren't just competing for the league together every season.

West of Glasgow, eh? Have we now got a Hun to follow the Holy Goalie?
No, true that, Wales is a joke, they only have good players and shitty teams. :)

But you forgot one team that has one the premier ship! Blackburn Rovers did it with Alan Shearer at the helm.

Na, the scots would do like the Rangers fans did in Manchester this spring every game probably, ha!

About the ties, yes, the scots have their "fine" history with the English.

Yes, I'm at the moment "livin' it up" in Greenock, work made me do it. Otherwise I'm from Sweden so... that's about it.

With that said, the swedish league is a total disgrace to the game football and I've heard that Hammarby was in Paisley and their fans got stoned by the St. Mirrens fans, very funny indeed.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Wow congrats to u guys Calum1903,happy to see the bastards trashed :star:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cheers boys!

:D

Here, Grande Pirlo mate, nae competition in the SPL you say? Fucking PISHING myself with laughter! (nae offence intended to you personally min)

Aberdeen 4-2 Celtic
Me still here - BANNED Holy Goalie

Despite a few wins at Parkhead, that's the first time since 8 years ago (the night we pelted them with snowballs :D) that we've beat them at Pittodrie, and it is so fucking sweet to do it like this - a total fucking demolition and a humiliation for the hooped minks. We were ahead 1-0 and 2-1, they equalised twice, but then they fell to pieces and started losing the plot. 2 goals for big Zander, who was fucking immense at the back and caused havoc in their box. Character and passion triumph over big wages and bigger egos.

Despite the early kick-off and restrictions on the ultras, there was a big, loud, angry, ugly atmosphere - the Pitt' at its best. Bruises everywhere from getting dragged down a row of seats by some guy who decided to give me a hug when we scored our third. Then fell off my seat when standing on it "waving" goodbye to the "Greatest Fans In The World" (gets me every time:D).

Boruc was "injured" (drunk ;)) in the warm-up, Nakamura, the overrated cunt, did the square route of fuck all, Aiden McGeady got halfed by local hero Darren Mackie, and Neil Lennon threw a tantrum at the ref at the end, despite the fact that he'd given them everything. Every one of them needs to get it right up them, the overpaid, arrogant pricks.

And the "greatest fans in the world" were VERY quiet in the second half, most of them left before the end. Surely made the Holy Goalie proud (hope that gype was there).

Think that about covers it :D

And Dundee Utd got humped 0-4 at home to Motherwell, meaning that we're going 3rd. Rangers come to Pittodrie next week...

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
STAND FREE
wherever you may be
we are the famous Aberdeen
we don't give a fuck,
whoever you may be
WE ARE THE FAMOUS ABERDEEN

fucking ECSTATIC. Bring on the blue half of the bigot brothers next week!

Last edited:

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some highlights with that fucking shaved ape Hartson as a miserable, biased pundit :D

Charlie Mulgrew's set-piece delivery pissing all over Pirlo's recent efforts.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
calum has gone mad and i dont blame him

cheers

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-2? Way cool! *high-fives Calum, though she thinks he has flipped* :D

Boruc was "injured" (drunk :) ) in the warm-up
Heh. He'll probably go on an all-night bender after Celtic's pasting tonight. Why any self-respecting Milan fan ever wanted him here, I'll never know.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
4-2? Way cool! *high-fives Calum, though she thinks he has flipped* :D

Heh. He'll probably go on an all-night bender after Celtic's pasting tonight. Why any self-respecting Milan fan ever wanted him here, I'll never know.

ya i wanted him cause dida is such a waste of time space and wage, and kalac who is worst keeper in the world(still was no1 last year surprise surprise)
of course before boruc had trouble with his ex wife and before this season

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Nakamura, the overrated cunt, did the square route of fuck all.

Nice! We've had those Nakamura trolls here too. Way too many.

Schedule